Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 3990686 times)

Offline Bogman

• Legacy Fan
Re: For all the arl arses.
« Reply #160 on: June 13, 2008, 12:40:44 pm »
I think it was 75. The gates were locked by 2pm. Highway scored a few minutes from the end and Anfield went mad.

Leeds 73. It was 60p to get in the cowshed, stupid money in those days. Liverpool got beat 1-0 Mick Jones scored in the first half.

Don Revie was being presented with a manager of the month award before the game and Liverpool fans sang for Shanks prior to the presentation to the point that despite numerous requests over the tannoy to be quiet it took the great man himself to come out to the cowshed and ask for quiet so Revie could get his award.

What a rivalry that was.

The fucking good old days, when it wasn't just the kop that sang  ;)
I saw Saddam's hanging on YouTube and it made me think. It made me think... is there nothing on the Internet that I won't masturbate to?

Offline eLVIScOSTELLO

• Kopite
« Reply #161 on: June 13, 2008, 01:12:32 pm »
Mid 80's we were down in Leicester visiting one of me mates in Uni. After a particularly good sesh on a Friday night, we all decided to get the train to Birmingham to watch the reds' away game the next day.

We got to the train station at about 10am, and there wasnt a train for a couple of hours, so we go for a little walk around town to kill some time. In them days, there was a sex shop next to the train station in Leicester, so we all pile in there for a laugh.

After we come out, one of the lads produces a vibrator that he's lifted from the shop. Annoying c*nt spends the next couple of hours shovin the fuckin thing down your ear/in your coffee/in your bevvie etc-he thought it was fucking hilarious.

Then Karma kicked in. When the novelty wore off, the soft get put it in his pocket and forgot all about it until it was found on him by the bizzy who searched him outside the ground. The bizzy played a blinder-shouting at the top of his voice "you dirty little scouse twat, what the fucks this for you fucking pervert?" before showing it to every other bizzy on that side of the ground, and making sure everyone in the queue and every passer by got a good look at it too.

To this day, I have never seen anyone go so fucking red as me mate did that day-the bizzies, the stewards and everyone in the queue were laughing their fucking heads off at him.

Stevie lad, if your reading this I apologise for breaking the vow of silence you swore us all to on that day.....

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #162 on: June 13, 2008, 01:55:28 pm »
Haven't read all five pages but some great stories which bring back loads of memories. Going the aways in the seventies and early eighties was a brilliant buzz, always preferred going somewhere rough like Leeds, Chelsea, Spurs, Man U even Derby used to be rough as fuck.

Don't know if anyone has mentioned Wolves away last game of the season when we had to win to beat QPR for the title. What a night that was. There was a mad crush to get in and when we got to the turnstyles we found that the man in the booth had been locked in by Scousers who were ordering everyone to climb over the turnstyle. He was just sitting there looking pissed off.

In the ground we were on that massive kop end they had and it was fuckin jam packed. From where we were stood you could see these big exit gates about ten yards wide to the left of the corner flag, and they got forced open from the inside and this flood of reds just started pouring in. There must have been thosands got in before they managed to shut them again after about ten minutes.

Our lads were coming into the ground from over just about every wall and through smashed doors. It's not very pc these days but back then that's the way it was. At one point I remember a load of scals took over from the pa announcer and started ranting to the crowd. That night was pure anarchy and it was brilliant. The official crowd that night was given as about 48,000 but anyone who was there knows there was at least that many Scousers in the ground alone.

To cap it all we came back from 1-0 down with fifteen minutes to go to win 3-1, cue pitch invasions and more mayhem.

The journey back to Liverpool that night took about 6 hours and is worthy of a documentary of its own, as the M6 just ground to a halt for a massive party. Those were the days indeed.

Offline 81a

• From Speke to Bootle via Broad Green. All aboard!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: June 13, 2008, 02:10:40 pm »
Haven't read all five pages but some great stories which bring back loads of memories. Going the aways in the seventies and early eighties was a brilliant buzz, always preferred going somewhere rough like Leeds, Chelsea, Spurs, Man U even Derby used to be rough as fuck.

Remember going to Arsenal in 73 - Everyone on the special walked together to the ground. On the way we passed a couple just coming out the church after getting married and on cue 300 scousers started singing "She only wants your money"

That was the game Emlyn scored his classic at the Clock End.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 11:50:21 pm by 81a »

Offline hic

• Main Stander
  • lalallalal
« Reply #164 on: June 14, 2008, 11:37:30 am »
great thread this. keep it coming.

Offline Mottman

• OCB Rep, King of Bootle, Snake Wrangler Extraordinaire, Member of the Garston is in Runcorn Society
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: June 21, 2008, 09:00:29 am »
this particular special from lime street went to the small railway station in newcastle the name of which escapes me in my old age.

google is a wonderful thing, it was manors station

There where two games up in Newcastle that fell foul to the wheather, at a guess, I think your talking about the first game in 1973, rearranged game was a draw either 0.0 or 1.1.

The trip up in 74 was called off at York, think we got beat 4.1 when they rearranged this game, mid week game, don't think any coaches went up. 

A boy from the Mersey and a Son of Shankly.

Offline WOOLTONIAN

• The Garston Gasworks XI.....aka "Beryl".....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brodrick ; Vice Admiral of the Reds
« Reply #166 on: June 21, 2008, 10:48:33 am »
Standing on the East Lancs with my thumb out heading to Leeds.
Hoping and preying a Jag or a Capri would pull over.
After 10 mins a fella pulls over in a moggie minor and offers me a lift
"fuck off pal I'd rather walk.........
Many appologies if your still alive mate, but even us rag arses from Garston had standards.
Living descendant of Sir Thomas Brodrick, Vice Admiral of the Red in the 18th Century

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: July 20, 2008, 09:22:26 pm »
Eh up....
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline campioni1984

• Fancies Paul Ince
  • Legacy Fan
  • 15 April 1989 YNWA
« Reply #168 on: July 20, 2008, 10:22:56 pm »
Class thread! ;D At 36 am I too young to be an arl arse?
THE REDS ARE COMING UP THE HILL BOYS

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: July 20, 2008, 10:47:34 pm »
Class thread! ;D At 36 am I too young to be an arl arse?
Ye,fuck off Pup 8)

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #170 on: July 20, 2008, 10:51:42 pm »
I think it was 75. The gates were locked by 2pm. Highway scored a few minutes from the end and Anfield went mad.

Remember that well, one of the best walk on's I ever saw before the game and after Heighway scored. The ground went completely nuts when that goal went in. If I remember correctly I think Heighway had to go back on the pitch after the game to find one of his contact lenses that fell out in the goal celebrations. No soft contact lenses in those days  :)

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #171 on: July 20, 2008, 10:58:55 pm »

Don't know if anyone has mentioned Wolves away last game of the season when we had to win to beat QPR for the title. What a night that was. There was a mad crush to get in and when we got to the turnstyles we found that the man in the booth had been locked in by Scousers who were ordering everyone to climb over the turnstyle. He was just sitting there looking pissed off.

In the ground we were on that massive kop end they had and it was fuckin jam packed. From where we were stood you could see these big exit gates about ten yards wide to the left of the corner flag, and they got forced open from the inside and this flood of reds just started pouring in. There must have been thosands got in before they managed to shut them again after about ten minutes.

Our lads were coming into the ground from over just about every wall and through smashed doors. It's not very pc these days but back then that's the way it was. At one point I remember a load of scals took over from the pa announcer and started ranting to the crowd. That night was pure anarchy and it was brilliant. The official crowd that night was given as about 48,000 but anyone who was there knows there was at least that many Scousers in the ground alone.

To cap it all we came back from 1-0 down with fifteen minutes to go to win 3-1, cue pitch invasions and more mayhem.

The journey back to Liverpool that night took about 6 hours and is worthy of a documentary of its own, as the M6 just ground to a halt for a massive party. Those were the days indeed.

Unbelievable night. We were getting crushed waiting to go in the big South Bank about 3 hours before kick off so the gates were kicked down and we all got in for free. Yeah the recorded attendance that night was a joke, there were reds coming in from all corners of the ground. I think it was Steve Kindon who scored for them first and then it was Keegan, Toshack and Razor Kennedy for us. We were almost  on the pitch by the side of the goal when the last goal went in and then everyone invaded the pitch at the end. It was a great night but there was some trouble in the pubs in the centre after the game. We had put them down to the second division that night and they weren't happy  ;D

Offline campioni1984

• Fancies Paul Ince
  • Legacy Fan
  • 15 April 1989 YNWA
« Reply #172 on: July 20, 2008, 11:09:22 pm »
THE REDS ARE COMING UP THE HILL BOYS

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: July 20, 2008, 11:17:45 pm »
Eh up....

Did you get the T-shirt done FS?
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: July 21, 2008, 11:49:44 am »
Sick Shanks. I'm getting a flag done for the euro aways. I'm off to Villareal a week today and it won't be made until August the 6th. I've already bit the dog and battered the wife.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: July 21, 2008, 05:01:10 pm »
Who was the ref - little fat baldy fella - that the Kop always used to sing to....
Your arse is on your head?

Offline mickl

• many mickls makes a muckl
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #176 on: July 21, 2008, 05:20:18 pm »
Who was the ref - little fat baldy fella - that the Kop always used to sing to....

I think he was called Roger Kirkpatrick, aka Mr. Pickwick.

Completely round, wasn't he? And a right twat.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #177 on: July 21, 2008, 06:20:40 pm »
I think he was called Roger Kirkpatrick, aka Mr. Pickwick.

Completely round, wasn't he? And a right twat.

That's the fella. Bald as a coot, big sidies.

I'm pretty sure he was the ref who gave a free-kick against Clem for steps. About 8 yards from goal. Our 'wall' was lined up on the goal-line. Big, big match against Ipswich in '77. Winners to go top with about 5 games to go. Kirkpatrick was, as usual, doing his mightiest to be the talk of the match. A real 'look at me ref'. I even think he allowed Ipswich to re-take the free kick.  I've written about this on RAWK before, but I've personally never heard so much venom spew out of the Kop as when he did that. This was the year before the railings went up and I honestly thought someone was going to leap out of the Kop and kill him.

Talking of refs - anyone remember the Kop chant 'Send the Ref to Vietnam - Hallelujah'?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We write our own history
« Reply #178 on: July 21, 2008, 06:32:59 pm »
spent all me money and was absolutely bladdered outside wembley in 86 against the shite, every fucker who wasn't bladdered and had monkey boots on was climbin a 100 feet or more and divin in through windows, had to think quick so started cryin and told this bizzy lady that a big fella had mugged me and robbed me ticket, she took me over to the control room at the wembley conference centre and got me a vip pass into the ground, fuckin brilliant and after securing the double ( god bless the king) spent the night in the hotel stevie mcmahons mam & dad were in, everything was sound until on the sunday when the hotel that had 75 bods in, had already done 130 brekkies before 9.30am, the floor crashes had all gone down for breakfast and ate all the food, tommy mc wasnt to pleasesd but normal service was reumed after the bizzies arrived and a good old fashioned scouse whip round was had and the hotel owner was then well happy, happy days la, happy days and a double to boot.
And still want to know who the sneaky fucker was who robbed me sun hat.

From a 44 year sad bastard who as got more great memories of the travels that this mighty club has given me that cannot fail than to die a happy and fulfilled redman.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 06:34:59 pm by tedthered »
2013/2014 My 51st year with hope in my heart

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: July 21, 2008, 06:40:19 pm »
Eh up....

Started me education in there and also the scene of one of me biggest regrets in life................. I never had the balls to climb over into the kop.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: July 21, 2008, 08:13:00 pm »

Yes.....Kirkpatrick.....little bastard.
I remember him getting hit with pies and an orange at The Kop.
He gave some gash decision right on half time.
He blew his whistle and turned his back......all hands threw whatever they had at him.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 09:18:35 pm by shanklyboy »
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: July 21, 2008, 08:17:26 pm »
When the Red Red Robin goes bob bob bobbin along ------- ,-------, -------,-------,-------,------,--------,------.--------.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: July 21, 2008, 08:19:59 pm »
whos up mary brown, whos up mary brown, tommy, tommy docherty......... :)

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #183 on: July 21, 2008, 09:29:04 pm »
whos up mary brown, whos up mary brown, tommy, tommy docherty......... :)

Eh, I've already posted that one - somewhere.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: July 21, 2008, 09:48:11 pm »
That c*nt Kirkpatrick cost us the Title back in 72, i think when Derby won it,Toshack scored in the last 10 minutes at Highbury,we needed to win and ended up drawing 0-0,Toshack scored and that BALDY TWAT disallowed it for Offside

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: July 21, 2008, 09:57:02 pm »
When the Red Red Robin goes bob bob bobbin along ------- ,-------, -------,-------,-------,------,--------,------.--------.

Shoot the bastard,Shoot the bastard,Shoot the bastard.

Never understood that one...........sounded great though.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: July 21, 2008, 10:03:59 pm »
Theres only one king kenny thats dalglish

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: July 21, 2008, 10:10:58 pm »
All these moanin puppies who cant get this online, cant get,, spoilt babies, 1977 a fiver off me nan and outside the ground at half 12 for the st etienne game, fuck me they have a lot to learn grasshoppers

And they wonder why we are shit scared of horses, fuckin hell how scary were they outside the kop

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: July 22, 2008, 11:42:26 pm »
All these moanin puppies who cant get this online, cant get,, spoilt babies, 1977 a fiver off me nan and outside the ground at half 12 for the st etienne game, fuck me they have a lot to learn grasshoppers

And they wonder why we are shit scared of horses, fuckin hell how scary were they outside the kop
Kirkpatrick. Yeah. That was the little fat bastard. I hated him but loved that chant... Your arse is on your head.

But reading this post I had to say this... ended up at the Man U tube station after coming out of Wembley. I think it was after the league cup win in 83/84 but I could be wrong. 40 years of alcohol abuse will do that.
Anyway, I somehow ended up in their station, surrounded by the bastards and shitting meself. Some loon I know from Kirkby (Won't say he's name as some won't like this story) walked up and just said to me Alright La, dead loud. I shit meself. Some Manc said Mickey Mousers and started pointing at us. There was a bizzie on a huge horse next to us, pushing the crowds back on to the pavement. The lad said, So fucking what Manc or something to that effect. Then pinched the horses arsehole dead hard. The poor horse went mental. Rared up, near lashed the bizzie off it's back, and started bouncing round crushing people and causing fucking havoc. I don't really know what happened next as I fucked off sharpish.

Always had trouble at that final for some reason, West Ham and Tottenham were complete running battles before and after.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: July 22, 2008, 11:57:07 pm »
Talking about horses. FS ! Do you remember the mounted coppers who used to patrol Kemlyn Rd for the very big games? There was one copper who was always there. He had a big black tash. He was a case.

Boxing Day game against Man Utd I think, in the 80s, fucking freezing and a massive queue in Kemlyn Rd. Some one passed him a bottle of Scotch up for a sly swig. He looked around and started slotting it.
Next thing some gobshite tries to jib the queue. Without breaking sweat , the copper stops swigging and taps the bloke with his stick and says…”Hey bollocks…..fuck off to the back” Then carries on with his tot . The bloke took his advice.

After the Jimmy Kelly thing it got a bit difficult at away games with the coppers, particularly in London, so they started sending local ones away with the fans. I saw him for years at away games. Don’t know where he is now probably in Barbados on a beach.. We need more like him now.

Or Walrus!!

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: July 23, 2008, 12:11:33 am »
They all seemed to act like that back then Shanks mate. None of this Political corect bollacks. The Walrus honestly twatted me on the head with that big cane he used to carry. Didn't half hurt an all. I was only about 9. He could be a bad bastard that fella.
The other famous bizzie I remember was Silver Head. He was a Jack, and I avoided him like the plague. He used to travel on the specials. He was after the dippers from Scottie and Crockie. But he'd even fit lads up for doing fuck all. Honest, he got some lad I know from Huyton 6 months for fuck all in London. And he was a good lad - wouldn't fight sleep or rob a penny.

Oh well, off to bed to think of better things - gathering cups in may.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: July 23, 2008, 12:16:52 am »
The other famous bizzie I remember was Silver Head. He was a Jack, and I avoided him like the plague. He used to travel on the specials. He was after the dippers from Scottie and Crockie. But he'd even fit lads up for doing fuck all. Honest, he got some lad I know from Huyton 6 months for fuck all in London. And he was a good lad - wouldn't fight sleep or rob a penny.

That lad who got pulled by the Jack.............. His initials weren't BF were they FS?

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: July 23, 2008, 08:07:18 am »
No mate. J Mc. But I wouldn't be surprised if BF had been another of his victims. He was a bad un mate.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: July 23, 2008, 08:09:20 am »
P.S... We've got to get that Arse is on your head chant brought back. It was cracker.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: July 23, 2008, 09:17:04 am »
Got to get it past the tune police first FS.
For fucksake don't try and sing something funny at the match without having a permit and a clobber inspection first.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Greg

• RAWK Statto
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.twitter.com/@paintbox_
« Reply #195 on: July 23, 2008, 09:41:44 am »
When I was growing up, an arlarse wasn't an old person, it was a mean or cruel person.

So when did it change? Or hasn't it?

Offline tedthered

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: July 23, 2008, 09:48:15 am »
When I was growing up, an arlarse wasn't an old person, it was a mean or cruel person.

So when did it change? Or hasn't it?

are you sure it never meant some one who knew the score?

Offline Greg

• RAWK Statto
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: July 23, 2008, 10:31:17 am »
are you sure it never meant some one who knew the score?

No, it was defo a word used to describe someone who has done a bad thing, or the bad thing itself.

For example, if someone kicked a dog outside a shop, he would be an arlarse.

Or, if some lad in school punched a little kid and ripped his blazer, that would be also arlarse.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #198 on: July 23, 2008, 10:52:42 am »
Yer not gettin' mixed up with 'alehouse', which was used to describe all kinds of atrocities mainly on the football pitch, are yer?
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Greg

• RAWK Statto
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: July 23, 2008, 11:05:52 am »
No, I can't believe you arl bastards have a different definition for it.

Ask anyone brought up in Liverpool who is my age, and I'm pretty sure they'll all say the same as me.