Author Topic: The new 'Old Firm' Derby featuring B. Rodgers  (Read 17179 times)

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The new 'Old Firm' Derby featuring B. Rodgers
« Reply #120 on: October 24, 2016, 12:28:47 am »
So ALL OF THE CELTIC supporters everywhere are at fault because no one in that street was prepared to identify? Do you understand what you're saying?

That is what you are saying, read my comments.  I am confident that Celtic FC will publish a statement on their website that is representative of the feelings of the majority, together with a witness appeal for those that were present.   
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: October 24, 2016, 12:39:45 am »
That is what you are saying, read my comments.  I am confident that Celtic FC will publish a statement on their website that is representative of the feelings of the majority, together with a witness appeal for those that were present.

Why don't you read what you said?

"Absolutely disgraceful, reprehensible set of fans."

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: October 24, 2016, 02:02:06 am »
Btw, why the hell is the Scottish Cup final played in November???

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: October 24, 2016, 03:10:19 am »
Well done Celtic,another win against Sevco. Delighted for Brendan.

Offline ErieRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #124 on: October 24, 2016, 12:17:38 pm »
Celtic scum bags have bottled another kid for the second time in two years.  Absolutely disgraceful, reprehensible set of fans.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/rangers-fan-11-rushed-hospital-9110391

http://i1.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article9111563.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Rangers-fan-Kraig-watermark-2.jpg

"The young Rangers fan is believed to have been walking along Aikenhead Road with his dad when he was injured."  You never want to make light of something like this, but...

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #125 on: October 24, 2016, 12:26:19 pm »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #126 on: October 24, 2016, 12:54:35 pm »
Btw, why the hell is the Scottish Cup final played in November???

It's not. That's the League Cup final.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #127 on: October 24, 2016, 03:54:58 pm »
This also happened this year:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/police-hunt-blade-thug-rangers-7785215#rlabs=1%20rt$category%20p$7

Are all Rangers fans reprehensible aswell as a result?
Depends how many saw it and didn't report it to the police. Apparently...

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #128 on: October 24, 2016, 03:57:00 pm »
It's not. That's the League Cup final.

It was generally played at that time of year for many years. I think it`s a great idea too. I actually liked the way the groups worked, our manager used them as pre-season training. Which perhaps explains the results  >:(
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #129 on: October 24, 2016, 03:59:54 pm »
Celtic scum bags have bottled another kid for the second time in two years.  Absolutely disgraceful, reprehensible set of fans.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/rangers-fan-11-rushed-hospital-9110391

http://i1.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article9111563.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Rangers-fan-Kraig-watermark-2.jpg

You really shouldn't paint a whole group of supporters with the same brush, and perhaps remember that Rangers/Celtic are really flipsides of the same coin anyway, as much as that might annoy their respective fans.

I drive past the site of the recent Rangers supporters bus crash regularly and there are many tributes from Celtic supporters as well as other clubs.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #130 on: October 24, 2016, 04:11:44 pm »
Given our history how any Liverpool supporter can feel it's okay to demonise and ENTIRE set of supporters beggars belief.

Celtic and Rangers fans come from the same city, their fans from all walks of life, from Monday to Friday they are no different from each other and from anyone else for that matter.

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: October 24, 2016, 04:16:56 pm »
Shows him up for a complete bellend.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: October 24, 2016, 04:28:28 pm »
Andy is probably a fan or part fan of rangers not knocking him but things can get very biased when bitter rivalrys are at stake.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #133 on: October 24, 2016, 06:40:23 pm »
Andy is probably a fan or part fan of rangers not knocking him but things can get very biased when bitter rivalrys are at stake.
I can also understand Andy`s upset here when it`s an 11 year old kid that`s been bottled.

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: October 24, 2016, 07:15:57 pm »
I assumed someone had gone up to a young kid an bottled him? a bottle was thrown by a celtic fan and it hit a poor kid, while its shithouse behavior to do that ive seen much worse following the reds for 20 years from the mid 80s. And dont forget stabbings around this fixture are not that uncommon.
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: October 24, 2016, 08:28:59 pm »
I assumed someone had gone up to a young kid an bottled him? a bottle was thrown by a celtic fan and it hit a poor kid, while its shithouse behavior to do that ive seen much worse following the reds for 20 years from the mid 80s. And dont forget stabbings around this fixture are not that uncommon.

Same sort of thing with the other link he posted. Some wanker threw a bottle onto a crowded bus. The bottle hit someone on the arm then deflected onto a kids head. Andy would have you believe Celtic fans are going round bottling kids. Which isn't what happened on either occasion. I'm certain that if he wasn't biased, he could find similar stories of Rangers fans doing the same type of thing, but I doubt he'll call them a 'reprehensible set of fans'

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/police-hunt-blade-thug-rangers-7785215

Less than 3 minutes that took. Reprehensible set of fans  ::)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 08:32:29 pm by Barneylfc »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: October 24, 2016, 08:42:34 pm »
And its the very reason these threads are always locked, some people can't help themselves and find it impossible to stick solely to football discussion.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: October 24, 2016, 08:53:05 pm »
Yep lets keep to the great win on the pitch for celtic.

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: October 24, 2016, 09:05:20 pm »
Hopefully Klopp, Brendan and Rafa will all be celebrating league titles this season.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: October 26, 2016, 09:32:59 am »
Celtic again deserved their victory, you would be hard pushed to find any Rangers fan who thinks otherwise, although the manager & the players seem to think otherwise for some reason.

A bit happy as a Rangers fan the score was obviously a lot closer, although still disappointed in the level of performance. We are a lot better than the 5-1 scorline suggested in the other game, and I think we are better than what our performance suggested the other day.

We've had a difficult start, not able to hit this season running as we've been unable to field a settled team due to injuries and the Barton fiasco. My hope now once Rossiter is back is that we become more settled especially in midfield and can start to put a run of positive results together.

Celtic on the other hand are on a roll. Brendan has had the ability to pick a more settled team, a favourable Champions League qualifying draw and a home Old Firm game has helped build confidence and momentum. That's not sour grapes, he's taken advantage of it and got them playing well and they are a better team currently than Rangers, no one can deny that. They have a lot more experience in their team (especially when you take Barton and Kranjcaer out ours), so we just hope that this is a learning curve for our boys and they get better with it.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2016, 07:35:42 pm »
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-manager-brendan-rodgers-claims-9141307

:lmao

And that's why Brendan failed to build a working defence in 3 1/2 seasons here

Not fit to lace Agger or 13/14 Skrtel's boots
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #142 on: October 28, 2016, 07:59:11 pm »

He's a midfielder  :o
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: October 28, 2016, 08:09:39 pm »

why are ypu comparing midfielder to our centre backs?

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: October 28, 2016, 08:12:46 pm »
well he isn't getting in ahead of Gerrard, Henderson, coutinho, sterling, Sturridge or Suarez is he?

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: October 28, 2016, 08:32:00 pm »
well he isn't getting in ahead of Gerrard, Henderson, coutinho, sterling, Sturridge or Suarez is he?
never said he was just strange someone comparing a midfielder to our defenders at the time

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: October 28, 2016, 09:00:55 pm »

Doh, thought it said in defence for some reason.

Him getting anywhere else in that team is even more laughable
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: October 28, 2016, 09:17:34 pm »
Those Scott Brown comments are amazingly hilarious.

Brown would not have been good enough for the bench that season.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: October 28, 2016, 10:00:43 pm »
Those Scott Brown comments are amazingly hilarious.

Brown would not have been good enough for the bench that season.
would have had him over aspas to be honest

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
« Reply #149 on: October 28, 2016, 10:18:09 pm »
Brendan is right though. He would have strolled in....

had a look around then strolled back out. No chance he was getting anywhere near.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: October 29, 2016, 01:24:54 pm »
just had a look at the Scottish league table.

Celtic 10 points ahead of their nearest rival. Still unbeaten in 10 games. Currently leading a goal up vs nearest rival.

Our former manager doing a hell of a job there.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: October 29, 2016, 01:56:50 pm »
just had a look at the Scottish league table.

Celtic 10 points ahead of their nearest rival. Still unbeaten in 10 games. Currently leading a goal up vs nearest rival.

Our former manager doing a hell of a job there.
Sarcasm right.

David Moyes would walk that league managing Celtic,It's a poor standard up there and Celtic don't even have to get out of second gear against most teams in that division.

Rangers won't be a viable contender for another 2-3 seasons,so i can see Celtic beating the record 9 titles in a row.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: October 29, 2016, 02:06:25 pm »
Sarcasm right.

David Moyes would walk that league managing Celtic,It's a poor standard up there and Celtic don't even have to get out of second gear against most teams in that division.

Rangers won't be a viable contender for another 2-3 seasons,so i can see Celtic beating the record 9 titles in a row.

Simplistic nonsense to be fair, Rodgers is doing great so far and they are playing some stunning football.

Offline KOTP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: October 29, 2016, 02:21:45 pm »
Simplistic nonsense to be fair, Rodgers is doing great so far and they are playing some stunning football.
its not really simplistic to say most if not all managers would do well at celtic at the moment just look at how neil lennon won so much, managing celtic at moment is more of a case of getting some trophies to your name

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: October 29, 2016, 02:24:48 pm »
its not really simplistic to say most if not all managers would do well at celtic at the moment just look at how neil lennon won so much, managing celtic at moment is more of a case of getting some trophies to your name

The "anyone could do it" stuff is utter shit. You'd think people would have learned not to say that when Roy Hodgson had Fernando Torres, Steven Gerrard, Dirk Kuyt, Maxi Rodriguez, Jamie Carragher and co 4 points above the relegation zone in January but evidently not. It's a complete nonsense of an argument, of course any competent manager *should* win them the league but it's not always that simple. David Moyes took the champions of England to 7th place.

Offline ghirl67

• Legacy Fan
  • "Football without the fans is nothing" -Jock Stein
« Reply #156 on: October 29, 2016, 02:49:53 pm »
Neil Lennon won 5 out of 12 domestic trophies available, 13 if you want to be really pedantic.

Brendan is keeping things simple and it is why he is currently doing so well.

Most managers wouldn't just rock up and do well, mostly because of arrogant, ignorant attitudes where they under estimate how difficult it can actually be at times.  Anyone thinking they will be easily rocking up to a treble will land back to earth with a big bump.

I certainly wouldn't be trusting Moyes to win anything up here.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 02:59:12 pm by ghirl67 »
"I got a bit of a slagging for it! Do people not know I'm a Celtic fan?" Kieran Tierney on asking his parents for a Celtic top for his Christmas (2017)

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: October 29, 2016, 02:53:58 pm »
The "anybody can do it" is generally a nonsense argument. The best way to tell how a manager is doing is to see what the fans think of him, and they all love Brendan already so that should be proof enough

Offline KOTP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: October 29, 2016, 02:56:41 pm »
Neil Lennon won 5 out of 12 domestic trophies available, 13 if you want to be really pedantic.

Brendan is keeping things simple and it is why he is currently doing so well.

Most managers wouldn't just rock up and do well, mostly because of arrogant, ignorant attitudes where they under estimate how difficult it can actually be at times.  Anyone thinking they will be easily rocking up to a treble will land back to earth with a big bump.

I certainly wouldn't be trusting Moyes to win anything up here.
neil lennon was up against a decent rangers team for a couple of seasons not like now where they are up agaijst a less than average rangers

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: October 29, 2016, 02:58:41 pm »
Sarcasm right.

no sarcasm there.

I think he is really doing a good job. Its easy to name drop managers and think that they would do better. But in reality it wouldn't be as easy as they think it is. The fact and reality is that Rodgers have lead the team to a 10 point league advantage. Dropping points only once and a way too healthy goal difference of 23.

But sure, Allardyce and Hodgson could probably do a better job while playing a more attractive brand of football ;D