Author Topic: Spanish Football  (Read 581105 times)

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spanish Football 2016/2017
« Reply #2080 on: May 21, 2017, 08:49:34 pm »
Well done to Real and Zidane.. He's making this management thing look easy
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2081 on: May 21, 2017, 08:51:23 pm »

Barca vs Eibar highlights - http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2017/05/21/barcelona-vs-eibar-highlights-full-match-2/

Malaga vs Real Madrid highlights - http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2017/05/21/malaga-vs-real-madrid-highlights-full-match-2/

http://www.flashscores.co.uk/football/spain/laliga/

well done to Zidane.

Next up is Barcelona v Alaves in the Copa del Rey Final - Saturday 27th May, 8.30pm ko - live on Sky Sports 2.

and then Juventus vs Real Madrid in the CL Final on Saturday 3rd June, 7.45pm ko - live on BT Sport
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 08:55:42 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2082 on: May 21, 2017, 09:32:37 pm »
So Valverde will be the new Barca manager?

If true, good appointment that. Always been impressed with the work he has done.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2083 on: May 21, 2017, 09:56:49 pm »
So Valverde will be the new Barca manager?

If true, good appointment that. Always been impressed with the work he has done.

Yeah, Valverde is a good appointment. Also, wasn't he a Barcelona player?

Offline Serano

• Kopite
« Reply #2084 on: May 22, 2017, 10:45:00 am »
Yeah, Valverde is a good appointment. Also, wasn't he a Barcelona player?

A safe if not inspirational appointment. He should be able to bring a bit more organisation and defensive solidity to the side. A 'competently' coached Barca, should obviously be up there with the best. They haven't been coached well this season, and even then they got to the CL QF's and ran Real relatively close. And I think Valverde is an upgrade on Enrique.

They are for the first time in a while in major need of reinforcements though. At a minimum, they need a RB, CM and RW. Ideally, an additional CB to compete with Pique and Umtiti (who was their only good buy last season)

Valverde usually plays 4-2-3-1. If he uses that formation at Barca, expect Messi to play in the middle of the three, probably his best position now, but they'll need a top class player for the right of the three, and ideally someone energetic, physical and a good passer to play alongside Busquets - ala Toure in his prime. They want Veratti, but that won't happen.

----------------------Ter Stegen/Cillesen
RB/Vidal-------Pique/Marlon-------Umtiti/CB-------Alba/Digne
-----------CM/Roberto/Rakitic-----Busquets/DM
RW/Vidal-----------Messi/Iniesta/Alena-------Neymar/Deleufou
--------------------------Suarez/Paco

RB's they've been linked with/potential options: Semedo, Cancelo, Azpilicueta, Bellerin

CB's they've been linked with/potential options: Sanchez, Lemos, Upamecano, Marquinhos

CM's they've been linked with/potential options: Keita, Fabinho, Veratti, Raibot, Seri

RW's they've been linked with/potential options: Cancelo, Dembele,

I don't think they'll get anyone from PSG. Their interest in both Marquinhos, Veratti and previously Thiago Silva has been long known, but PSG won't entertain any offers. I think Davinson Sanchez would be a good understudy as the third CB option and understudy to Pique. Marlon from their academy would be a 4th option. Would mean they have three young/relatively inexperienced CB's though.

Out of those linked at RB, I think Semedo would be the best option.

CM is tough. They won't get Veratti, and given the way Barca play, few fit their profile. I think Fabinho would give them good balance, but I don't know if they've shown much interest in him.

RW is even tougher. I think they'll get Dembele at some point, but not quite yet. And I can't think of many RW's out there who could come in and be a genuine good fit. They'd probably want a left footer for balance, or at least someone ambidextrous (Pedro, Dembele type) but I'm struggling to think of anyone who is available.

I think Mascherano, Turan, Mathieu will leave. I think there is a chance that Gomes will as well.

I think Rakitic, Roberto, Paco, Alena, Marlon, Iniesta, Vidal, Deleufou, will be in and around the squad as options.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 10:47:18 am by Serano »

Offline Serano

• Kopite
« Reply #2085 on: May 22, 2017, 11:01:55 am »
On another note, Lacazette looks like he is off to Atlético, probably as a replacement for Gameiro. Unsure if Gameiro will stay, or be a bench option, as Torres' future is also uncertain.

A good buy for Atlético I think. Not ideal, as I think a Costa type would still suit them better, but Lacazette is a good player and is a good friend of Griezmann.

What Atleti need to do next season is improve their offensive play. They have the players (Griezmamn, Carrasco, Correa, Gaitan, and now possibly Lacazette), they just need to tweak the system and/emphasis slightly.

I'd like Simeone to experiment with the 4-3-3 again, or 3-4-3. Probably won't happen though.

Next season might be the last with some of their players in their prime (Gabi, Godin, Felipe, Juanfran).

Tiago will be gone. And certainly one of Torres/Gamiero will. I think Griezmann will stay another season. Unsure about Gaitan. I think they'll have a relatively quiet window, as providing they don't lose anyone important, they don't really need anyone other than a striker (who looks to be Lacazette), and maybe a backup LB if Theo leaves which looks likely.

They're otherwise sorted at CB, RB, CM, GK.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2086 on: May 22, 2017, 11:02:24 am »
A safe if not inspirational appointment. He should be able to bring a bit more organisation and defensive solidity to the side. A 'competently' coached Barca, should obviously be up there with the best. They haven't been coached well this season, and even then they got to the CL QF's and ran Real relatively close. And I think Valverde is an upgrade on Enrique.

They are for the first time in a while in major need of reinforcements though. At a minimum, they need a RB, CM and RW. Ideally, an additional CB to compete with Pique and Umtiti (who was their only good buy last season)

Valverde usually plays 4-2-3-1. If he uses that formation at Barca, expect Messi to play in the middle of the three, probably his best position now, but they'll need a top class player for the right of the three, and ideally someone energetic, physical and a good passer to play alongside Busquets - ala Toure in his prime. They want Veratti, but that won't happen.

----------------------Ter Stegen/Cillesen
RB/Vidal-------Pique/Marlon-------Umtiti/CB-------Alba/Digne
-----------CM/Roberto/Rakitic-----Busquets/DM
RW/Vidal-----------Messi/Iniesta/Alena-------Neymar/Deleufou
--------------------------Suarez/Paco

RB's they've been linked with/potential options: Semedo, Cancelo, Azpilicueta, Bellerin

CB's they've been linked with/potential options: Sanchez, Lemos, Upamecano, Marquinhos

CM's they've been linked with/potential options: Keita, Fabinho, Veratti, Raibot, Seri

RW's they've been linked with/potential options: Cancelo, Dembele,

I don't think they'll get anyone from PSG. Their interest in both Marquinhos, Veratti and previously Thiago Silva has been long known, but PSG won't entertain any offers. I think Davinson Sanchez would be a good understudy as the third CB option and understudy to Pique. Marlon from their academy would be a 4th option. Would mean they have three young/relatively inexperienced CB's though.

Out of those linked at RB, I think Semedo would be the best option.

CM is tough. They won't get Veratti, and given the way Barca play, few fit their profile. I think Fabinho would give them good balance, but I don't know if they've shown much interest in him.

RW is even tougher. I think they'll get Dembele at some point, but not quite yet. And I can't think of many RW's out there who could come in and be a genuine good fit. They'd probably want a left footer for balance, or at least someone ambidextrous (Pedro, Dembele type) but I'm struggling to think of anyone who is available.

I think Mascherano, Turan, Mathieu will leave. I think there is a chance that Gomes will as well.

I think Rakitic, Roberto, Paco, Alena, Marlon, Iniesta, Vidal, Deleufou, will be in and around the squad as options.

I agree that Umtiti was their only signing who has proved himself this season, but lets not forget that the likes of Gomes (22), Digne (22), D. Suarez (22) and Paco (23) are still pretty young, so Valverde might keep them around and try to get the best out of them. Also, the likes of Munir (21) and Samper (22) will be returning from their loans, so they might also get a chance to impress for the squad roles.

Offline Serano

• Kopite
« Reply #2087 on: May 22, 2017, 11:50:56 am »
I agree that Umtiti was their only signing who has proved himself this season, but lets not forget that the likes of Gomes (22), Digne (22), D. Suarez (22) and Paco (23) are still pretty young, so Valverde might keep them around and try to get the best out of them. Also, the likes of Munir (21) and Samper (22) will be returning from their loans, so they might also get a chance to impress for the squad roles.

I forgot about Digne initally. He's been a good addition to the squad. And is a more than able backup. Paco provably isn't the player they needed, but again he's a decent enough backup option. But makes you wonder, why by couldn't have just kept Sandro for that?

I don't think Suarez, Munir, Gomes are good enough for Barcelona regardless of age. I think the same of Rafinha. They're decent to good players, who are not Barca level. Valencia was the perfect level for someone like Gomes, and Villarreal for Suarez. They were good for these clubs and no more. Samper has ability, but hasn't shown anything this season at Granada to show he is ready to take on a position of responsibility at Barca. He'd be better at a Socidead, Malaga (not that he'd currently start for either of these clubs), Betis, Las Palmas, type club who try to play decent football. So I'd loan him (again).

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #2088 on: May 22, 2017, 11:57:53 am »
I forgot about Digne initally. He's been a good addition to the squad. And is a more than able backup. Paco provably isn't the player they needed, but again he's a decent enough backup option. But makes you wonder, why by couldn't have just kept Sandro for that?

I don't think Suarez, Munir, Gomes are good enough for Barcelona regardless of age. I think the same of Rafinha. They're decent to good players, who are not Barca level. Valencia was the perfect level for someone like Gomes, and Villarreal for Suarez. They were good for these clubs and no more. Samper has ability, but hasn't shown anything this season at Granada to show he is ready to take on a position of responsibility at Barca. He'd be better at a Socidead, Malaga (not that he'd currently start for either of these clubs), Betis, Las Palmas, type club who try to play decent football. So I'd loan him (again).

I think Munir is good and will get 15 goals in La Liga for Barcelona.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2089 on: May 22, 2017, 12:09:26 pm »
Munir hasn't really done alot at Valencia, Alcacer is better. Denis Suarez is clearly good enough to be at Barca
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2090 on: May 22, 2017, 09:53:58 pm »

To be honest, I was also surprised when they released Sandro. He has always looked like a very talented player. Atletico Madrid will be getting a very good striker for only €6 million, if their transfer ban is overturned.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2091 on: May 27, 2017, 12:28:41 pm »

Copa del Rey Final tonight - an 8.30pm kick off live on Sky Sports 2

Barcelona vs Alaves

BarcaXI: Cillessen; Mascherano, Pique, Umtiti, Jordi Alba; Rakitic, Busquets, Iniesta; Messi, Alcacer, Neymar  (Suarez out injured)
Alaves XI: Femenía, Ely, Vigaray, Feddal, Theo; Edgar, Manu García, Marcos Llorente, Ibai Gómez; Deyverson

https://twitter.com/fcbarcelona
https://twitter.com/Alaves
https://twitter.com/rfef

http://www.flashscores.co.uk/football/spain/copa-del-rey/

some streams - https://soccerstreams.net/streams/7314/barcelona-2_vs_deportivo-alaves-20

for tv channels around the world showing the game live - http://www.livesoccertv.com/match/2384927/barcelona-vs-deportivo-alaves/
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 07:32:52 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #2092 on: May 27, 2017, 09:02:43 pm »
Ridiculous.

Shame to see Masch's Barca career end with a serious looking injury.
AHA!

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #2093 on: May 27, 2017, 09:05:05 pm »
Wow! What a free-kick to equalise!

Not to blame for the goal, but Cilissen is a right shit keeper.
AHA!

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #2094 on: May 27, 2017, 09:19:05 pm »
Game over, if it wasn't already!

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #2095 on: May 27, 2017, 09:24:43 pm »
Messi magical today

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2096 on: May 28, 2017, 12:08:57 am »

Copa del Rey Final highlights (and full game) here - https://www.reddit.com/r/footballhighlights/comments/6dq13v/barcelona_vs_alaves_copa_del_rey_27may2017/

Hope Mascherano is ok - and great credit to the Alaves players for alerting the medics so quickly and trying their best to make sure he was ok too

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2097 on: May 29, 2017, 03:32:31 pm »
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 05:45:03 pm by oojason »

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2098 on: May 29, 2017, 07:10:02 pm »
FC Barcelona‏Verified account @FCBarcelona  52m52 minutes ago
Ernesto Valverde is the new @FCBarcelona coach. 
Welcome, Ernesto!
#HolaValverde

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2099 on: May 29, 2017, 07:14:11 pm »
Wouldn't ve surprised if they're hiring someone new next season.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2100 on: May 29, 2017, 07:24:53 pm »
Barcelona: Ernesto Valverde set to replace Luis Enrique as coach of La Liga giants...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40082405

https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona
https://www.fcbarcelona.com/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernesto_Valverde

Why do you feel the need to post 4 different links to a story mate?  ;D

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2101 on: May 29, 2017, 11:07:02 pm »
Why do you feel the need to post 4 different links to a story mate?  ;D

I did post just the BBC link at first - and then later thought I hadn't a clue about who Valverde is - so best look him up later, and put the Barca links up to help remind me.

Weird, I know - alas I am quite strange, but happy with it   :)

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2102 on: May 29, 2017, 11:19:47 pm »
Wouldn't ve surprised if they're hiring someone new next season.

Why? Valverde is a very good manager. His teams are always playing nice football.

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2103 on: May 30, 2017, 05:12:06 pm »
Great quote from Valverde:

There is a tendency to think we people in football are dumb. As if the rest of the people walked along the street while talking about Plato.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 05:17:02 pm by pinky »

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2104 on: May 30, 2017, 06:15:16 pm »
Mauricio Pellegrino is also leaving Alaves, wonder where he'll go next.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2105 on: June 1, 2017, 07:54:44 pm »
Can someone with knowledge of Spanish football explain why Atleticos transfer ban has been upheld and Real got theirs shortened? I'm too lazy to google it. Xxavi, you there?

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/40117879

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2106 on: June 2, 2017, 10:20:27 am »
Sampaoli has left Sevilla to coach Argentina.

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2107 on: June 13, 2017, 11:44:05 am »
As the Ronaldo thread is locked, thought I'd put this in here...

'Cristiano Ronaldo faces tax fraud lawsuit for using 'business structure' to hide earnings':-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/06/13/cristiano-ronaldo-facestax-fraud-lawsuit-using-business-structure/

image rights at the fore again - likely a fine and warning/suspended sentence IF found guilty?

Online Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2108 on: June 16, 2017, 09:47:51 am »
All the Spanish papers now are running the same story, in that Ronaldo is asking for a transfer away from Spain because of the tax fraud charges.

I imagine that he doesn't really want to leave, but he's putting pressure on the Spanish authorities. Him leaving would cause a bigger hole in their tax revenues than it would from them recuperating any sort of fine.

Won't stop the United fans from hankering for his return though. Muppetry ensues.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2109 on: June 16, 2017, 01:48:14 pm »
Sky reporting he wants out now.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2110 on: June 16, 2017, 01:59:48 pm »
Clearly a ploy to put pressure on Perez and the Spanish authorities to drop the tax fraud investigation.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2111 on: June 16, 2017, 02:35:59 pm »
Cristiano Ronaldo wants to leave Real Madrid, a source close to the player has told the BBC. More http://bbc.in/2s95MEV

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2112 on: June 16, 2017, 02:36:35 pm »
Jorge Mendes has fleeced the Manchester clubs the last few of seasons and mainly City the past month i wouldn't be surprised to see him wearing a City shirt as the owners would love a huge star like that to push the club internationally where they seem to be lacking.Although i cannot see Pep being interested in him as Ronaldo's  not really that type of team player for a Pep team.

Would have been funny seeing City trolling United with "Welcome to Manchester" billboards with Ronaldo wearing a City shirt. ;D

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2113 on: June 16, 2017, 02:38:28 pm »
No way Cristiano Ronaldo would play for Man City..
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2114 on: June 16, 2017, 02:39:31 pm »
No way Cristiano Ronaldo would play for Man City..

Why? You think he feels some sort of loyalty to United?

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2115 on: June 16, 2017, 02:41:07 pm »
Yes without a doubt, if Mourinho wasn't manager i'd make them huge favourites to sign him.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2116 on: June 16, 2017, 02:42:04 pm »
Yes without a doubt, if Mourinho wasn't manager i'd make them huge favourites to sign him.

I don't think Ronaldo has any loyalty to any club to be honest. If City offered more money he'd be there in a shot.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2117 on: June 16, 2017, 02:42:59 pm »
I can't really imagine Ronaldo anywhere other than Madrid. Where would he go if he did? The only place I think is a possibility is Man United (and that's literally only because he played for them before, it's certainly not for ambition ;D and apparently he and Mourinho don't see eye to eye anyway). Certainly nowhere in France, nowhere in Spain, probably nowhere in Germany. Anyway, it's just some speculation... I'm pretty sure he'll be at Madrid for a long time yet
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #2118 on: June 16, 2017, 02:44:13 pm »
With our £200M war chest I imagine FSG will be straight in there  8)

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2119 on: June 16, 2017, 02:44:34 pm »
I don't think Ronaldo has any loyalty to any club to be honest. If City offered more money he'd be there in a shot.
By that reckoning, you suppose he is going to play in China?