Author Topic: Praise for LFC's transfer policy  (Read 241134 times)

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Praise for LFC's transfer policy
« Reply #3000 on: June 30, 2020, 05:20:04 pm »
We'd be better off focusing on Larouci's development as a left-back than sticking Harry Wilson out of position there.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3001 on: June 30, 2020, 05:23:49 pm »
If people don't think Wilson has the pace/athleticism to be a understudy to Mo and Mane what on earth would make you think he has the athleticism to understudy for Robertson?

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3002 on: June 30, 2020, 05:25:53 pm »
If people don't think Wilson has the pace/athleticism to be a understudy to Mo and Mane what on earth would make you think he has the athleticism to understudy for Robertson?

I'm watching highlights of the Liverpool/Barca game on BT and Shaqiri's playing, now imagining him as Robbo's understudy at LB.  ;D

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #3003 on: June 30, 2020, 05:27:59 pm »
We'd be better off focusing on Larouci's development as a left-back than sticking Harry Wilson out of position there.

We definitely need to preserve with grooming Larouci for the role, he should be given time to continue his progress. It’s just that he looks like he’ll need at least another season learning his trade and playing games for the U23s before he’ll be anywhere near ready for more than the odd game at Premier League level.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3004 on: June 30, 2020, 05:34:33 pm »
We definitely need to preserve with grooming Larouci for the role, he should be given time to continue his progress. It’s just that he looks like he’ll need at least another season learning his trade and playing games for the U23s before he’ll be anywhere near ready for more than the odd game at Premier League level.

I'm not sure he's that far away that we could completely rule out him having a part to play next season.

But if he is, we might as well stick with what we have and re-evaluate it next summer.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3005 on: June 30, 2020, 05:52:07 pm »

We’ve won the league with 7 games to go and can use 5 subs per game, we won’t have a better chance of seeing what he’s made of than this season, let’s try him at least as a second half sub

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3006 on: June 30, 2020, 07:06:59 pm »
Sane joins Munich for 54m.. 47m up front.

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #3007 on: June 30, 2020, 07:20:59 pm »
We were tenuously linked to Ben White about 6 months ago, he's pretty highly rated for his performances in the Championship, but there's been nothing concrete.

My mate is a newport county season ticket holder and said he was head and shoulders above anyone there - top draw
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3008 on: June 30, 2020, 07:27:41 pm »
My mate is a newport county season ticket holder and said he was head and shoulders above anyone there - top draw

He's not playing for Barca mate, some wont know of him or want him due that.

Offline Dynasty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3009 on: June 30, 2020, 07:30:43 pm »
City are getting weaker losing Sane and Silva sure they will spend but it's hardly from a position from strength. Then you have Aguero in his last season and Fernandinho will be like 50.

I feel like we have too much quality and stability even without strengthening to be caught next season, what a great position to be in!  No Afcon and the top 6-7 to pull out on the League Cup most likely we can just put all our baskets into competing for the big 2 trophies really.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3010 on: June 30, 2020, 07:31:36 pm »

See, further proof of Fordys ITK credentials. Doubt him at your peril.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #3011 on: June 30, 2020, 07:37:31 pm »
That's an excellent deal for Bayern. He'd be worth twice that much pre-COVID. With Gnabry on the other wing, Bayern look like they've managed to replace both Robben and Ribery far too easily. I am sure we'd want someone of the same caliber but would be looking for someone slightly more under the radar. I have a feeling we are looking at all these loan players that so many of these hoarder clubs have accumulated because with the 8 player over 22 rule kicking in, there'll be loads of them up for sale and that'll cause the prices to drop once we near the start of next season. Chelsea alone would need to get rid of a fair few players, and italian clubs seem to have rosters of 70+ players which'll need to get trimmed. This'll be a very interesting market.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3012 on: June 30, 2020, 08:12:42 pm »
See, further proof of Fordys ITK credentials. Doubt him at your peril.

100% mate...35k posts and I think this is your best by far.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3013 on: June 30, 2020, 08:17:29 pm »
Wonder if Watford go down then we will bid for Sarr now ANN not happening next year....

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #3014 on: June 30, 2020, 08:30:52 pm »
Wonder if Watford go down then we will bid for Sarr now ANN not happening next year....
You’d have to think we’d make some inquiries, both Sarr and Joao Pedro were linked with us before ending up at Watford. Don’t see them keeping both of them in the championship next season personally

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3015 on: June 30, 2020, 08:32:54 pm »

But what preservatives should we use? Vinegar? Salt? Caster Oil?

I'd suggest Alcohol, but that didn't work out so well for players like Merson and Best.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #3016 on: June 30, 2020, 08:38:15 pm »
But what preservatives should we use? Vinegar? Salt? Caster Oil?

I'd suggest Alcohol, but that didn't work out so well for players like Merson and Best.

😃
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3017 on: June 30, 2020, 08:59:12 pm »

He feels exactly the type we should be going for but we’d just be pushing the AFCON problem down the road a year.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3018 on: June 30, 2020, 09:05:23 pm »
He feels exactly the type we should be going for but we’d just be pushing the AFCON problem down the road a year.

Worry about that in 2022..

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #3019 on: June 30, 2020, 09:47:56 pm »
Several sources saying the AFCON has been moved:

https://twitter.com/mamokaood/status/1277932854475919362

Good news but only puts the problem off for a year with them persisting with the January bullshit.

Need to make the most of next season.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3020 on: June 30, 2020, 09:56:21 pm »
Good news but only puts the problem off for a year with them persisting with the January bullshit.

Need to make the most of next season.

You’re finished with football after this season though mate, as you said, so I wouldn’t waste your time worrying about 2022 :)

Just enjoy these last seven games
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #3021 on: June 30, 2020, 09:56:24 pm »
City are getting weaker losing Sane and Silva sure they will spend but it's hardly from a position from strength. Then you have Aguero in his last season and Fernandinho will be like 50.

I feel like we have too much quality and stability even without strengthening to be caught next season, what a great position to be in!  No Afcon and the top 6-7 to pull out on the League Cup most likely we can just put all our baskets into competing for the big 2 trophies really.

Big summer for City. We'll maybe have 1 or 2 ins and outs with squad players but nothing major. The Sane deal and Silva going clears the decks for some big signings. They'll go big on another couple of defenders for a start (Koulibaly and another 50 million full back probably). Time caught up a bit with Silva this season which will hopefully happen to Aguero and Fernandinho given their age now. Our team are all a good age.

AFCON postponement a big boost for us next year (although they'd have lost Mahrez).
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #3022 on: June 30, 2020, 09:57:44 pm »

Seemed to work OK for Molby and Didi  ;D
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3023 on: July 1, 2020, 12:52:04 am »
That's an excellent deal for Bayern. He'd be worth twice that much pre-COVID.
He's in the last year of his contract.  They've paid pretty much the going rate, regardless of COVID-19.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Dynasty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3024 on: July 1, 2020, 01:51:20 am »
He's in the last year of his contract.  They've paid pretty much the going rate, regardless of COVID-19.
Really? In a normal situation I'm pretty sure he goes for 70-80 million-plus, didn't Hazard go for near 90 million including a further 30-40 million in add ons while in the last year of his contract. Even if Hazard is the more established talent you have to remember Sane is only 24. I could have seen City getting a bigger fee if circumstances were different but Sane was hell-bent on Bayern and COVID has pretty much killed a major bidding war.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2020, 02:10:16 am by Dynasty »

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #3025 on: July 1, 2020, 03:40:09 am »
Wouldnt a LB who can cover also for Mane be more beneficial instead of a LB who can play CB ? (hence people talking about Saka etc)

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3026 on: July 1, 2020, 04:40:32 am »
Really? In a normal situation I'm pretty sure he goes for 70-80 million-plus, didn't Hazard go for near 90 million including a further 30-40 million in add ons while in the last year of his contract.

I think Hazard went for £100 million so yes, looks like corona has halved valuations. £50m for Sane is a great deal for Bayern.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3027 on: July 1, 2020, 06:31:16 am »
I think Hazard went for £100 million so yes, looks like corona has halved valuations. £50m for Sane is a great deal for Bayern.

Too soon to call that on the basis of one deal.

Think it was obvious Sane only wanted Bayern and he was prepared to wait another season and go on a free, so they had City over a barrel really.

Also, the Hazard fee was massively inflated because he has some weird aura around him as one of the best players in the world, not quite sure why personally, but Sane hasn’t got that yet.

Offline mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3028 on: July 1, 2020, 06:53:41 am »
Wasn’t Sane coming into his final year of his contract? If so that would of influenced his value. At the moment with the weird Barcelona Juventus deals, Warner on a realise clause and the Sane deal it doesn’t seem the market has dropped much yet.

Edit should if just read the post above  ;D Sane was entering his final year of his contract.

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3029 on: July 1, 2020, 07:29:25 am »
He’ll be on nearly 400k a week!  :o

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3030 on: July 1, 2020, 08:41:07 am »
It's (almost) official, people can forget about Saka: Exclusive: Bukayo Saka to sign new long-term Arsenal contract

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3031 on: July 1, 2020, 08:47:33 am »
Wouldnt a LB who can cover also for Mane be more beneficial instead of a LB who can play CB ? (hence people talking about Saka etc)

Yes, the left back will be more of a winger if we want to keep the essence of the system in tact

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3032 on: July 1, 2020, 09:03:34 am »
It's (almost) official, people can forget about Saka: Exclusive: Bukayo Saka to sign new long-term Arsenal contract

Must be the pull of London because Arsenal are seriously going backwards.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #3033 on: July 1, 2020, 09:31:26 am »
Maybe he was promised game time? He's only 18, by the time his new contract will expire he will be in his early 20's. Plenty of time to make a move then

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3034 on: July 1, 2020, 09:44:45 am »

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3035 on: July 1, 2020, 09:47:26 am »

I'd of thought it'd be game time. He comes here and he gets minutes at left back occasionally probably and perhaps minutes to give Mane/Salah a rest. But he never starts. At Arsenal he's in their first 11 with a decent coach (whether he's up to it as a manager remains to be seen of course).

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3036 on: July 1, 2020, 09:47:59 am »
Big summer for City. We'll maybe have 1 or 2 ins and outs with squad players but nothing major. The Sane deal and Silva going clears the decks for some big signings. They'll go big on another couple of defenders for a start (Koulibaly and another 50 million full back probably). Time caught up a bit with Silva this season which will hopefully happen to Aguero and Fernandinho given their age now. Our team are all a good age.

AFCON postponement a big boost for us next year (although they'd have lost Mahrez).

The FFP will hold them back from overspending too much money hopefully

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3037 on: July 1, 2020, 09:51:17 am »

Was listening to an Athletic podcast on them yesterday, and their reporter reckons they'll go for two CBs - one guaranteed starter like Koulibaly and then a homegrown player to replace Stones with Ake and Holgate mentioned. Also said he's heard they're prioritising a Silva replacement, no names mentioned but said Thiago was a logical fit.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #3038 on: July 1, 2020, 09:52:22 am »

Where's the eggs Dynasty ? Empty baskets are no good. We need eggs to make a cake, crack them or an omelette or something like that.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3039 on: July 1, 2020, 10:33:01 am »
Was listening to an Athletic podcast on them yesterday, and their reporter reckons they'll go for two CBs - one guaranteed starter like Koulibaly and then a homegrown player to replace Stones with Ake and Holgate mentioned. Also said he's heard they're prioritising a Silva replacement, no names mentioned but said Thiago was a logical fit.

You'd have to be pretty dumb to join them if you were Ake or Holgate if they also sign a Koulibaly level CB.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.