Author Topic: The small things in life that make you happy  (Read 607252 times)

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
Re: The small things in life that make you happy
« Reply #3200 on: April 15, 2019, 08:27:57 am »
Quiet mornings and coffee. Best combo ever!

Offline NCrawley

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3201 on: April 16, 2019, 01:19:55 pm »
Receiving an e-mail at 2.30 am this morning informing us that our 3 year old son (soon to be 4) has been offered a place in our first choice school (a school which is extremely difficult to get a place in).  Still think it is far too early for him to go to school as he will only just turned 4, but super proud and emotional nonetheless.

Also, said son has finally started showing an interest in Liverpool, and has finally started singing some of the songs :)

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #3202 on: April 16, 2019, 01:27:24 pm »
Boiled eggs and soldiers.

Yes, 100% agree.
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3203 on: April 16, 2019, 01:27:35 pm »
Receiving an e-mail at 2.30 am this morning informing us that our 3 year old son (soon to be 4) has been offered a place in our first choice school (a school which is extremely difficult to get a place in).  Still think it is far too early for him to go to school as he will only just turned 4, but super proud and emotional nonetheless.

Also, said son has finally started showing an interest in Liverpool, and has finally started singing some of the songs :)

Nice one. Great about the Liverpool songs too.

My eldest was born in late June, my niece 29th August so both started at 4. teachers sometimes seem to forget they are almost a year behind in development to some of the class, but they both coped very well with it.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline NCrawley

• Kopite
« Reply #3204 on: April 16, 2019, 01:49:24 pm »

My eldest was born in late June, my niece 29th August so both started at 4. teachers sometimes seem to forget they are almost a year behind in development to some of the class, but they both coped very well with it.

That’s what I’m worried about but sure he will adjust :-)

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3205 on: April 16, 2019, 03:12:07 pm »

The cutoff dates in England are weird. Up in Scotland the cutoff time is usually end of February so you will be minimum 4 years and 6 months when you start in August (plus there is a lot of flexibility in holding back a year - I was born in November and my parents almost held me back a year). Well done on getting into the School!

Offline NCrawley

• Kopite
« Reply #3206 on: April 16, 2019, 05:53:03 pm »
The cutoff dates in England are weird. Up in Scotland the cutoff time is usually end of February so you will be minimum 4 years and 6 months when you start in August (plus there is a lot of flexibility in holding back a year - I was born in November and my parents almost held me back a year). Well done on getting into the School!

To be honest I didn’t really understand the whole process so just let the mrs sort it all, she did a great job obviously haha

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3207 on: April 16, 2019, 06:36:53 pm »
If I have to be at work, I at least enjoy getting in early while it's still dark-ish outside and sipping a piping hot cup of fresh brewed coffee. No one around to bug me and I've not opened up my inbox and not checked my voicemails. Just me, my coffee, the darkness and RAWK.  ;D
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3208 on: April 17, 2019, 12:00:58 pm »
Having a Building Fire Drill on days like today, 45 minutes outside in the sun  :D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3209 on: April 17, 2019, 12:58:27 pm »
Having a Building Fire Drill on days like today, 45 minutes outside in the sun  :D

Did you leave Brenda on the stairs?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3210 on: April 17, 2019, 01:49:26 pm »

Must be different there than it is here. My lad was born 6th July and had to do 2 years of nursery as the cut off for going into primary 1 that year was 1st July or something like that. So he was the oldest in his class.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3211 on: April 17, 2019, 01:59:47 pm »
Must be different there than it is here. My lad was born 6th July and had to do 2 years of nursery as the cut off for going into primary 1 that year was 1st July or something like that. So he was the oldest in his class.

Yeah, I think 31st August is the cut off point. Luckily my lad is quite mature for his age and very bright, so he hasn't struggled, some of his mates, who are younger than him, really did struggle.

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3212 on: April 19, 2019, 07:23:17 am »
Just got my first tax rebate, been working 35 years and never had a sniff of one before.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3213 on: April 19, 2019, 06:56:33 pm »
Staying at Haven in presthaven, got a caravan with patio doors, weather is glorious, plenty to eat and drink and loads of scouse accents. For someone who moved out when I was 19 it's nice but weird that I notice the accent when it should be normal.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3214 on: April 19, 2019, 10:18:50 pm »
Staying at Haven in presthaven, got a caravan with patio doors, weather is glorious, plenty to eat and drink and loads of scouse accents. For someone who moved out when I was 19 it's nice but weird that I notice the accent when it should be normal.

Lovely, i've had a great day out, caught the rail replacement bus 5.30am, red sky's over Liverpool as it was getting light, i went to the West Midlands had a ride on a few buses down there, kept updated on the Good Friday rugby league & Saints battered Wigan. ;D :scarf
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3215 on: April 19, 2019, 10:21:32 pm »
Lovely, i've had a great day out, caught the rail replacement bus 5.30am, red sky's over Liverpool as it was getting light, i went to the West Midlands had a ride on a few buses down there, kept updated on the Good Friday rugby league & Saints battered Wigan. ;D :scarf

Just to add, had a few bevvies in a few of my locals[i have 5 pubs/clubs/bars on my doorstep] & went the chippy for a fried rice, chips n curry. :lickin :lickin
#Sausages

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3216 on: April 20, 2019, 02:42:58 pm »
This weather. :)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3217 on: April 20, 2019, 08:37:18 pm »
Hanging out with strangers who are nice people, having a few drinks and a good laugh while enjoying the sun

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3218 on: April 20, 2019, 08:40:24 pm »
Hanging out with strangers who are nice people, having a few drinks and a good laugh while enjoying the sun

I love dogging too.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3219 on: April 20, 2019, 10:28:13 pm »

No bird shit? Bonus...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #3220 on: April 20, 2019, 11:36:26 pm »
No bird shit? Bonus...
No Ma-in-law shit either... Double bonus  ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3221 on: April 21, 2019, 12:19:44 am »
Accepted an offer to do a phd at the university of toronto in philosophy with a full scholarship. It's been a good few days.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #3222 on: April 21, 2019, 10:18:46 am »
Doing an Easter Egg hunt with my Daughter while she's still young enough to believe  :)
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3223 on: April 21, 2019, 10:31:35 am »

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3224 on: April 21, 2019, 01:29:29 pm »

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3225 on: April 21, 2019, 07:07:28 pm »
The aroma from fields which have had a top dressing of manure.

Earthy.

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3226 on: April 21, 2019, 09:09:35 pm »
First "real" flowers of the spring. Daffodils, tulips.... I love 'em!

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #3227 on: April 21, 2019, 10:15:37 pm »
Getting an unexpected hotel room upgrade
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3228 on: April 22, 2019, 08:05:31 am »
First "real" flowers of the spring. Daffodils, tulips.... I love 'em!

Winter is much longer where you are.The daffodils are nearly gone here, the apple and cherry trees are in full blossom. Spring is nice. :)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3229 on: April 22, 2019, 11:22:26 am »
I love dogging too.

Is that you Stan?

No bird shit? Bonus...

Place was plagued with Seagulls, wouldn't want do be hit by their shit.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3230 on: April 22, 2019, 12:38:03 pm »
Fever-Tree tonic water. It's like someone finally added some class to my gin drinking.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3231 on: April 23, 2019, 07:09:48 am »
Fever-Tree tonic water. It's like someone finally added some class to my gin drinking.

If you like Gin and Lime do yourself a favour and find LemonAid Lime somewhere. You'll be even more happy because of that... ;)

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3232 on: April 23, 2019, 08:59:31 am »
Having a week off work so heading on a road trip . One night in Murcia for tonight’s festival followed by four nights in Madrid. Bring it on!
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #3233 on: April 23, 2019, 09:00:05 am »
Getting an unexpected hotel room upgrade

That is a real deal.
I know how it feels.

Not just hotels. Even flight upgrades. Or car rental upgrades.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #3234 on: April 25, 2019, 09:24:32 am »
That is a real deal.
I know how it feels.

Not just hotels. Even flight upgrades. Or car rental upgrades.
never got it with a flight. But nice all the same
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3235 on: April 26, 2019, 06:19:11 am »
6am & your opening your curtains as it's daylight & sunny, & be the same until mid August. ;D
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3236 on: May 3, 2019, 10:28:51 am »
Android find my phone - showed i'd left it in the Chemist in Sainsburys this morning  :-[

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3237 on: May 8, 2019, 12:19:44 am »
Is anyone going to get any sleep after what happened last night[as it's after midnight ;)] i'm still buzzing. ;D
#Sausages

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3238 on: May 9, 2019, 07:44:37 am »
Looking forward to June 1st. CL Final, UFC Stockholm and Anthony Joshua v Andy Ruiz all in one night.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3239 on: May 9, 2019, 10:59:00 am »
Danny Baker being sacked