Author Topic: Dominic Solanke  (Read 8641 times)

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
Re: Dominic Solanke
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2023, 09:39:41 pm »
Excellent goals from him today - especially the headers - superb

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2023, 11:36:48 am »
MOTD put up a stat saying he was at a 20% chance conversion rate, which, if true, means he's running hot at the moment I imagine. Still, if he ends up with 15+ league goals for the season that'll be very impressive. Not easy scoring goals in the PL for team like Bournemouth.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2023, 12:16:41 pm »
MOTD put up a stat saying he was at a 20% chance conversion rate, which, if true, means he's running hot at the moment I imagine. Still, if he ends up with 15+ league goals for the season that'll be very impressive. Not easy scoring goals in the PL for team like Bournemouth.

He's already on 11 goals after half a season so he should be aiming for 20+

I always felt he'd be one who came good under the right conditions, and it still took him time at Bournemouth, had to go down to the Championship for a couple of years but coming into his prime now he's doing better than ever. It's ended up one of those transfers where everyone was a winner, if we have a sell-on clause we could end up getting a good few million on top of the 20 odd they paid us for him.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2023, 02:11:36 pm »
Only 1 goal behind Salah and the same number as Son, and 2 more than Watkins. And 11 more than Højlund.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2023, 07:45:56 pm »
Not looking like we pulled their pants down any more. Good for him, hope he gets to 20+

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2023, 08:08:11 pm »
Well done Solanke, scoring some class goals. Always seemed a good lad and its good to see him succeeding

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2023, 09:31:47 pm »
. It's ended up one of those transfers where everyone was a winner,

Exactly. Donald Trump would hate it, but I love a deal where all parties benefit. I doubt many LFC fans would regret this sale, he wasn't the right fit and probably wouldn't have hit his current heights playing for us. I was bit surprised we moved him on so early, but Bournemouth were willing to stump up the cash and Dom maybe saw the warning signs of being stuck in a Big Club loan cycle, so it was smart play by everyone concerned.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2023, 05:12:13 am »
It is great to see him doing well. YNWA.
Tubby thinks PGMOL are awesome..

And tubby is always right

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2023, 02:49:52 pm »
Buy back and a 20% sell on clause. He is really doing very well and it’s great to see. Seems like a decent lad so you like to seem fellas like him succeeding. YNWA Dom

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2024, 10:23:27 pm »

Think that's 15 now, and it was a bit of a worldie too. Lad might get 20+

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2024, 11:12:18 pm »
Ridiculous goal today. He’s turning into a brilliant striker.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2024, 11:20:21 pm »
You could tell from his time here he was always going to be good. He was the original xG darling if I remember correctly. Pity we couldn't keep hold of him.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2024, 11:25:26 pm »
No buyback??
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2024, 11:50:04 am »
Was always going to be hard for him to make his mark at Liverpool as a young, usually 3rd choice striker. In fact he struggled a bit at the start with Bournemouth but he looks every bit a Premier League striker now, coming into his best years too, I really like him. The move obviously looked to benefit Liverpool financially but he's turned into a bargain for Bournemouth. Excellent work from our future sporting director.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2024, 02:01:51 pm »
Was always going to be hard for him to make his mark at Liverpool as a young, usually 3rd choice striker. In fact he struggled a bit at the start with Bournemouth but he looks every bit a Premier League striker now, coming into his best years too, I really like him. The move obviously looked to benefit Liverpool financially but he's turned into a bargain for Bournemouth. Excellent work from our future sporting director.

It's funny how some were trying to lump him in with Ibe and Smith as a reason to disparage Hughes  :D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2024, 02:08:16 pm »
It's funny how some were trying to lump him in with Ibe and Smith as a reason to disparage Hughes  :D

Yeah, I saw some people do the same and was bewildered. If you'd said so up until about 2021 I'd have said fair enough, but since then he's taken them out of the Championship and kept them in the Premier League comfortably. God knows what he's worth to Bournemouth. Would be nice if we had a sell on clause though.

Ibe was probably in that Solanke bracket of potential, unfortunately for him it's just not worked out. Smith was only a relatively cheap buy.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019