Author Topic: How are you coping with not going  (Read 16775 times)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Re: How are you coping with not going
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2020, 08:24:02 pm »
They wouldn't of scored and we'd probably got at least another 1.

Gutting.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2020, 10:36:05 pm »
People have put up with the daily rewritten Covid rules for a long time and put up with Boris and his cronies spouting crap for ages,   They nearly got a grip of Covid at the end of June and totally lost their focus.  Most people I know are fed up of it all and want to go back to the game as soon as.   If we could attend on Thursday I would be  there.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2020, 01:53:45 pm »
People have put up with the daily rewritten Covid rules for a long time and put up with Boris and his cronies spouting crap for ages,   They nearly got a grip of Covid at the end of June and totally lost their focus.  Most people I know are fed up of it all and want to go back to the game as soon as.   If we could attend on Thursday I would be  there.

I don't know anyone who wouldn't go the game if we was allowed again on Thursday.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2020, 03:56:01 pm »
I'm really struggling with it now, to be honest.

I made my peace with missing the run-in last season, and the parade (etc), on the grounds that we'd get back this time to make up for it. Klopp pinning his colours to the 'parade when it's safe' mast made that easier to square in my mind. But now, I'm not seeing how we get back in this season either, or how any parade happens again. And so it becomes potentially back-to-back titles achieved by the best Liverpool team I've seen (and possibly anyone has seen), and we're not getting to really feel it, or to pay homage to the greatest set of lads on this planet. And in the back of my head the nagging frustration and worry is that the bulk of the key assets in this team are at their peak right now. Not next year - now. Where will they be when we eventually get back in? And I mean that in a physical sense as much as career trajectory, by the way. A couple of lads who played their parts in the title are already not around, how many more might not be by the time we get to celebrate with them. What do we do then? What does that look like? Are we basically missing the best years from the best team this club has ever seen? This is essentially a monologue of my inner thoughts most evenings.

That aside, the game itself aside, just having the days to look forward to, catching up with mates in the pubs before and after, bumping into the people you only see at the match, all of that is gone and we don't know for how long. It's the not knowing part that is the killer I think, for me.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
  • scottkop105 on twitter My new number 07511165355
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2020, 04:24:44 pm »
I miss it Terribly, I've being going home and away for over 30 years and I've had my season ticket in the Kop since 92. My weekends were build around meeting my mates before home games and having a few pints with them and then inside the ground followed by a few pints after discussing the game. Aways we're always superb with a coach ride or the train away to we're ever we were playing with your mates drinking,talking and singing all the way. Weekends are shit now without this and watching on tv is rubbish really. I've had enough of covid now and id gladly take my chances and go in our ground tomorrow.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2020, 06:32:07 pm »

I don't think there's any real excuse for not having socially distanced crowds with masks and stuff in the ground from now onwards, but they've not got track and trace together properly and the entire thing is a disaster. Would be a risk to the local community and NHS so it's crap but it is the greater good.
YNWA.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #46 on: October 8, 2020, 07:04:22 pm »
I've spent my entire life having about the next 3 months ahead planned out on where I'll be going, who we're playing, hotels, nights out somewhere, all of it.

Me and me mate had a 'not a clue' discussion earlier, on what time and day the derby is. Then I said we play Ajax the Wednesday after and I honestly felt like I wasn't a fan anymore.

I've never felt this disconnected from the whole thing, ever. Its going to be like this for all this season isn't it, you can just tell.

Fucking shit.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 8, 2020, 08:13:50 pm »
Big Hugs, Chops mate. It must be nuts for you. You're part of the absolutely dedicated few (few being a few thousand of course), because for many people match-day is just another (genuinely) exciting opportunity to watch the Reds, not a part of the week which needs time-dedication, expense and effort.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #48 on: October 8, 2020, 09:24:12 pm »
Anyone else finding it hard to get into this season for this reason? I'm really glad we won it last year where fans were at the vast majority of games at least.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #49 on: October 9, 2020, 01:26:20 am »
Anyone else finding it hard to get into this season for this reason? I'm really glad we won it last year where fans were at the vast majority of games at least.

Yeah, same reason as Chopper and the rest. You're normally marking out Saturdays or Sundays with 'at the match that day' mental notes, but now you're just wondering about watching it on Sky or BT. I can drink at home, but I want to drink and sing in L4.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: October 9, 2020, 09:30:25 am »
I've spent my entire life having about the next 3 months ahead planned out on where I'll be going, who we're playing, hotels, nights out somewhere, all of it.

Me and me mate had a 'not a clue' discussion earlier, on what time and day the derby is. Then I said we play Ajax the Wednesday after and I honestly felt like I wasn't a fan anymore.

I've never felt this disconnected from the whole thing, ever. Its going to be like this for all this season isn't it, you can just tell.

Fucking shit.

The CL draw day was horrible. That was the worst it has hit me because of how good that draw would have been and 3 great trips.

We seem to have been getting the same old teams the last few years. Now when we can't go we get 2 teams we have never played and the other we haven't played competitively in my life time. Football gods are just taking the piss now.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #51 on: October 9, 2020, 10:23:15 am »
The CL draw day was horrible. That was the worst it has hit me because of how good that draw would have been and 3 great trips.

We seem to have been getting the same old teams the last few years. Now when we can't go we get 2 teams we have never played and the other we haven't played competitively in my life time. Football gods are just taking the piss now.

Yeah, I said the same thing about the draw. Usually I'm dead excited and thinking ahead to the games, guessing dates - and of course the final venue would have been booked up already as well. As it was there was none of that and even though I still watched it, it was just a bit flat in my mind. As you say, that's three brilliant trips there just gone, into the ether.

I'm really trying to get myself up for this season but with the growing certainty that we don't get in at any point now, and that even if we were to go on and win anything this season, we won't get to celebrate that properly either, it's really difficult.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #52 on: October 9, 2020, 10:28:14 am »
Yeah I'm the same as others. The CL draw wasn't too tough for me as I was largely disinterested and just hoping we didn't get some decent teams to watch us play against. I don't go to many Euro aways but I really felt for all those who couldn't go.

I'm really starting to miss it now. It's not just the match its the whole day with friends, meeting up and enjoying the jokes and drinks on the way up to Liverpool and then to the ground. Watching videos and hearing the crowd roar when we score has been tough. I just want a bit of normality back and if that means going to a match once a month at the moment in a reduced capacity I'm all for it.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #53 on: October 9, 2020, 04:22:16 pm »
I prepared myself to sit down and watch the villa game for 4:30, only to release 10mins before it was not on for a few more hours...

My week was worked out around the reds, now i don't even know what day it is most days.  Just not the same, I only attended homes games (aways I was slowly getting to some) but still really miss it.  A month back when there was real hope of potentially getting in and seeing the reds play this season gave me real hope.  Now I cannot see it happening this season and its shite. Bet they let rugby fans back in before football fans.

CL games will be hard hit for me, seeing different teams rock up at Anfield all cocky and usually sent home with their tails tucked between their legs.

Also the fact I don't have the TV packages (even thou its not the same) I am missing more, not going to give them the money esp after the pay per game rip off they have just announced.  Better off keeping your money for a rainy day!

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #54 on: October 9, 2020, 06:52:27 pm »
I think the fact that a few outsiders are doing quite well such as Everton, Villa, Leicester, Leeds and the big dogs are struggling is keeping it interesting. If it was going to be a season similar to last season where one team won pretty much every game then I think a few more would feel a bit disillusioned with it.

Nothing can replace going the match at a weekend or midweek with your mates. When something that plays such an influential part of your life is taken away with no guarantee it’ll be back anytime soon is difficult to deal with.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
  • Through wind and rain..
« Reply #55 on: October 9, 2020, 09:43:17 pm »

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2020, 11:39:25 am »
Has everyone done the petition?

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/552036

Nearly 200k signatures which is good but if anyone has ever done one of these in the past the procedure is always the same.

About 6 mp's show up to the debate and they swiftly just agree it's not happening and move on to the next order of business.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2020, 11:42:21 am »
Got an email today to say the petition will be debated on 9th November.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2020, 06:26:49 pm »
Given how high they reckon cases will be by then, I don't feel confident. I am not even sure how I feel about it, purely from a risk point of view. There are so many people not sticking to the rules, I am not sure they would at matches either. I think they'd have to close the snacks bars etc at HT so people can go to the loos social distanced, but not convinced there would be times. Mind you, if there are fewer people there too.

I go home and away everywhere (most European games too) so I now feel like I am living in a parallel world, that games are not real League games. I have only just realised that I "should" be in Amsterdam next week - a club I have been hoping for for years ::) As others have said, sometimes it gets boring to plan the same teams.Last season was good at the league stage, and this would be too.

But I think I have just accepted it. Not like others are going and I'm not.... :) But usually I have every game in my diary, but now we only find out ko times a few weeks before, so it's not like you can plan anything, and that is before tier 3!

I think it depends how long we are in tier three for, but can't see them letting people coming from all over to go to a match any time soon.

(Although I am not missing the early starts or late returns! :D )

We are a team of one half.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2020, 09:43:12 pm »
Got an email today to say the petition will be debated on 9th November.

I’ve seen DCMS argue that it was only 1000 people at the event with Arsene Wenger the other night. Even if crowds at the match started with that number it could be the difference between season some lower league clubs going under and staying afloat. It beggars belief that Brighton played Chelsea in a test event with a crowd of 2500 on the day of the Charity Shield, then the same fixture in the PL 2 weeks later was behind closed doors. In fact the charity shield would have been the perfect event to start getting fans back at the match.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2020, 01:12:45 am »
Football is always football, and the reds are always the reds, but I find it hard to be motivated myself. Not even with the general idea of 'everything else going on' in the world, just fucking gutted not to be there. The derby tomorrow (today technically) is a perfect example. I love/hate the derby for the simplest reasons. It's a horrible game to watch and one you don't ever want to entertain losing, but winning it as superb, however you do it. The real thing that matters is trophies and league positions etc, but if you take all that away, there's no team I'd rather beat, not United, not anyone. I've not give tomorrow much thought at all. The old derby belly hasn't even been entertained. I thought it was pretty telling that we conceded seven fucking goals to Aston Villa, and I just sort of forgot about it straight away.

The European games are going to be particularly grim. Be it the league or European Cup, they all just feel like half competitions. I'd prefer to win them, obviously! but none of it feels very special. I don't think it'll feel 'the same' for another couple of years imo, in which so much could have changed with this team, which quite frankly, is chilling stuff to consider.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2020, 02:59:18 pm »
Feeling it today - should be in Amsterdam :'(
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2020, 05:00:27 pm »
Feeling it today - should be in Amsterdam :'(

Yep, absolutely gutting, been waiting for us to get Ajax for years. :(
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2020, 05:02:16 pm »
 :'( :'( :'(
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2020, 02:31:38 pm »
What a great trip it'd have been. Seen a few lads have actually gone anyway.

Only saving grace is I'd have probably annoyed literally everyone in my phone book begging them for a spare lol
YNWA.

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2020, 04:33:15 pm »
What a great trip it'd have been. Seen a few lads have actually gone anyway.

Only saving grace is I'd have probably annoyed literally everyone in my phone book begging them for a spare lol

What have they actually gone over for?

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2020, 05:14:21 pm »
What have they actually gone over for?

Fuck knows. Are coffee shops even open? A light bit of social distanced dinner I guess.
YNWA.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2020, 06:13:02 pm »
"Restaurants, bars and nightclubs remain closed until further notice. All shops close at 20:00 with the exception of supermarkets."
(As of 14th Oct. )

Masks compulsory,  keep 1.5m apart from everyone, then 14 days of quarantine on their return.
I really like Amsterdam but that seems crazy to me

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2020, 12:01:21 pm »
Yeah, my brother in law lives about 100 yards from the stadium. Hospitality is closed. Bars, restaurants and cafes. Takeaway only.

"Coffee shops" are open till 8pm though haha. Spacecakes are deprived for no man or virus.

No idea why you would be going over there. I'd be there without a doubt, ticket or not otherwise. Not sure what sense it makes currently though

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2020, 06:34:10 pm »
What's the situation with the tour and museum at the moment? Never done it before and need my anfield fix. This could be the answer.
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2020, 07:14:43 pm »
We went at the start of September. You just have to wear a mask the whole time bar photos.
I felt there wasn't enough room to keep 1m+ apart but we were ok.

Think the trophies are all together now, which they weren't when we went :( So a good time IMO

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2020, 07:30:24 pm »
Cheers sounds like the perfect time to book
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2020, 11:10:36 am »
We went at the start of September. You just have to wear a mask the whole time bar photos.
I felt there wasn't enough room to keep 1m+ apart but we were ok.

Think the trophies are all together now, which they weren't when we went :( So a good time IMO

You don't need to keep 1m+ apart if you're wearing a mask

Offline Shaneee.

• Siannn's alter ego
  • Anny Roader
  • Y N W A
« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2020, 04:28:04 pm »
Missing the flights to Birmingham, trains to Liverpool topped off with the ferry back from Holyhead to Dublin. Hopefully were back soon  :'(

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2020, 05:27:24 pm »
You don't need to keep 1m+ apart if you're wearing a mask
No but people were talking their masks off in the changing rooms etc without distancing themselves first or warning anyone else. So you have to pay attention

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2020, 09:09:42 am »
I'm lost with these current restrictions but how are LFC tours functioning with Merseyside being in tier 3?
I thought people could not travel into a tier 3 unless it was for work?

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2020, 11:36:21 am »
I'm lost with these current restrictions but how are LFC tours functioning with Merseyside being in tier 3?
I thought people could not travel into a tier 3 unless it was for work?

David, I think it was only advice not a ruling by law. I was supposed to travel to Liverpool last Thursday but cancelled the trip because the advice was not to travel to or stay overnight in a "very high risk" area.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2020, 11:14:46 pm »
Yeah, it's not really a 'rule' as such but I guess they could pull you up on it. Obviously is a bit dodgy if the club are continuing to run tours knowing it's not going to be too many locals.
YNWA.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2020, 09:27:24 am »
Last night was tough looking at pictures of the Kop and thinking "I should be there"

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2020, 11:02:17 am »
Last night was tough looking at pictures of the Kop and thinking "I should be there"

After last night's performance we'd just be in the 'Anfield Atmosphere' thread having a moan!  ;D