The Liverpool FC Forum > General Football and Sport

Formula 1 2022: The return of ground effect(s)

<< < (2/999) > >>

TepidT2O:
From Mercedes’ twitter

How much is real, how much misdirection?!

Ed-Zeppelin:
The Merc pic is just the standard chassis in their colours so nothing given away just yet. Will be really interesting to see what the cars actually look like at reveal time and then when they hit the track in pre-season.

Hoping we get a few teams being competitive at the front, but given the regs changes there could be one or two who find a clever solution that gives them an early edge. Looking forward to it!

naYoRHa2b:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/why-f1s-2022-cars-will-be-more-of-a-handful-for-drivers/7067302/

Those more familiar with F2 cars in recent times might have a small edge in the adaptation with the 2022 cars.

Mekies at Ferrari said most of the loss of performance has now been recovered in terms of lap times with the simulators so I imagine alot of the teams are on top of the new regs and already discovering performance advantages. I'm all for cars being more difficult to drive though, hopefully it makes for more unpredictability

west_london_red:
With the new regulations having been delayed a year that gave the teams a lot of time to recover the loss in performance they were expecting to see I’d imagine. Hopefully it doesn’t mean that one of the big boys have just had more time to find more performance and turn up miles ahead of the rest.

TepidT2O:

--- Quote from: naYoRHa2b on January  3, 2022, 07:10:03 pm ---https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/why-f1s-2022-cars-will-be-more-of-a-handful-for-drivers/7067302/

Those more familiar with F2 cars in recent times might have a small edge in the adaptation with the 2022 cars.

Mekies at Ferrari said most of the loss of performance has now been recovered in terms of lap times with the simulators so I imagine alot of the teams are on top of the new regs and already discovering performance advantages. I'm all for cars being more difficult to drive though, hopefully it makes for more unpredictability

--- End quote ---
I’m all for it too…. But I think they should cancel the Saudi Grand Prix for safety reasons… a serious accident waiting to happen at the best of times

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version