The Liverpool FC Forum > General Football and Sport

LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD

<< < (2/8624) > >>

Sangria:

--- Quote from: FlashingBlade on August  5, 2021, 11:54:46 am ---I think any Transfer complaints should be written on a bed sheet ( in your own blood prefrably) and posted on Shankly or Paisley gates.

I'm sure the club will get back you asap.

--- End quote ---

A couple of points:

1. By the time the bedsheet is posted, the writing will be brown, not red.
2. If you're using bedsheets to send a message to LFC, they should be posted outside Prenton Park.

El Lobo:

--- Quote from: CS111 on August  5, 2021, 11:47:54 am ---I think there were some good points made about us being competitive in the transfer market. There is still a few weeks left and I'm we all hope we can make another signing or 2. My problem is our lack of depth if we get another run of injuries ( doesn't need to be as bad as last season )
Look At Chelsea, city and Man Utd's benches compared to ours and it doesn't sit well.
Everyone stays fit then no problem but that's just not going to happen throughout a long season.
Klopp Will have everything under control, when he eventually leaves let's hope it's on good terms
I have plenty more views about replacing gini etc but those have already been covered

--- End quote ---

If we're all injury free, it'd look like this'ish:

Alisson, TAA, Van Dijk, Gomez, Robbo, Fabinho, Thiago, Hendo, Salah, Mane, Firmino SUBS Kelleher, Konate, Tsimikas, Keita, Jones, Jota, Origi

De Gea, Wan Bissaka, Varane, Maguire, Shaw, Fred, McTominay, Sancho, Fernandes, Pogba, Cavani SUBS Henderson, Telles, Lindelof, Van De Beek, Rashford, Greenwood, Martial

Ederson, Cancelo, Dias, Stones, Zinchenko, Rodri, Fernandino, De Bruyne, Foden, Jesus, Sterling SUBS Steffen, Mendy, Laporte, Gundogan, Mahrez, Torres, Silva

Mendy, James, Azpilicueta, Silva, Rudiger, Chilwell, Kante, Jorginho, Pulisic, Werner, Havertz SUBS Kepa, Alonso, Christensen, Kovacic, Mount, Ziyech, Abraham

What doesn't sit well?

Obviously we expect to see Abu Dhabi add Kane and Grealish, Chelsea probably Lukaku. But since they haven't happened yet.....dyou genuinely think we're particularly far off, if at all? We've all got strengths and weaknesses but I'm really not seeing that we're standing out as having a weak bench compared to the others. And our first 11 looks stronger than any of them. And thats with quite a few strong players not on the bench (Matip, Ox, Milner, Shaq, Elliott etc)

Dubred:

--- Quote from: fucking appalled on August  5, 2021, 12:04:03 pm ---If we're all injury free, it'd look like this'ish:

Alisson, TAA, Van Dijk, Gomez, Robbo, Fabinho, Thiago, Hendo, Salah, Mane, Firmino SUBS Kelleher, Konate, Tsimikas, Keita, Jones, Jota, Origi

De Gea, Wan Bissaka, Varane, Maguire, Shaw, Fred, McTominay, Sancho, Fernandes, Pogba, Cavani SUBS Henderson, Telles, Lindelof, Van De Beek, Rashford, Greenwood, Martial

Ederson, Cancelo, Dias, Stones, Zinchenko, Rodri, Fernandino, De Bruyne, Foden, Jesus, Sterling SUBS Steffen, Mendy, Laporte, Gundogan, Mahrez, Torres, Silva

Mendy, James, Azpilicueta, Silva, Rudiger, Chilwell, Kante, Jorginho, Pulisic, Werner, Havertz SUBS Kepa, Alonso, Christensen, Kovacic, Mount, Ziyech, Abraham

What doesn't sit well?

Obviously we expect to see Abu Dhabi add Kane and Grealish, Chelsea probably Lukaku. But since they haven't happened yet.....dyou genuinely think we're particularly far off, if at all? We've all got strengths and weaknesses but I'm really not seeing that we're standing out as having a weak bench compared to the others. And our first 11 looks stronger than any of them. And thats with quite a few strong players not on the bench (Matip, Ox, Milner, Shaq, Elliott etc)

--- End quote ---

Considering what all those teams are able to spend in relation to us, I'd say we have a pretty fucking great squad as it stands.

And not forgetting Matip, Ox, Shaqiri (for now)

67CherryRed:
As the season approaches I think some of the smaller clubs will start to panic and look to bring someone in, especially if they've been inactive in the transfer market - they won't want angry fans on the first day of the season. Hopefully some of our disposable assets will be high up on their shopping list.
Until then it's a case of being patient, we're fully stocked (which is our own fault) and need to cut the numbers before we bring some in, unfortunately a lot of our less patient fans can't (or don't want to) understand that.

Agent99:

--- Quote from: Dubred on August  5, 2021, 12:10:32 pm ---Considering what all those teams are able to spend in relation to us, I'd say we have a pretty fucking great squad as it stands.

--- End quote ---
Definitely. Add in a Raphinha and a Bissouma, for example, and the squad is boss as fuck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version