Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1739248 times)

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #13040 on: August 8, 2022, 01:44:07 pm »
Werner going back to Leipzig for £25.3m. They bought him two years ago for £47.5m

He's going to have to take a massive haircut on his £272k salary going back there.

Between him and Lukaku they've spent £145m on two strikers to end up get about £35m back in transfer and loan fees.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #13041 on: August 8, 2022, 01:55:51 pm »
Wow,really shameful behaviour from Barca and this kind of shit has been going on for a while,some of the new incoming batch of players will on the receiving end next summer as well.

Feels like the ugly death throws of a club.

Are they throwing supporter's children at oppo players?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13042 on: August 8, 2022, 02:13:43 pm »
Romano: RB Leipzig are closing on deal to sign Benjamin Šeško for summer 2023! RB Salzburg have rejected the proposal for this summer, Šeško is happy to stay for one more year. 🚨⚪️🔴 #transfers

Leipzig are now closing on deal for Šeško to join in 2023, could be done this week.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #13043 on: August 8, 2022, 02:15:24 pm »
He's going to have to take a massive haircut on his £272k salary going back there.

Between him and Lukaku they've spent £145m on two strikers to end up get about £35m back in transfer and loan fees.
:o

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13044 on: August 8, 2022, 02:15:33 pm »

That's understandable as his value is clearly receding.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13045 on: August 8, 2022, 02:18:14 pm »
bald move i say

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #13046 on: August 8, 2022, 02:22:44 pm »
Werner going back to Leipzig for £25.3m.

That is horrific business by Chelsea .. they literally don't give 2 fucks about money this summer
Has their owner taken debt on the club do we know?

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #13047 on: August 8, 2022, 02:49:49 pm »
Romano: RB Leipzig are closing on deal to sign Benjamin Šeško for summer 2023! RB Salzburg have rejected the proposal for this summer, Šeško is happy to stay for one more year. 🚨⚪️🔴 #transfers

Leipzig are now closing on deal for Šeško to join in 2023, could be done this week.

Usual step between them two anyway isn't it?
« Last Edit: August 8, 2022, 03:01:07 pm by [new username under construction] »

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13048 on: August 8, 2022, 02:55:50 pm »
Werner back to Leipzig this summer and Sesko next year… Nkunku to the Reds in a year then.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #13049 on: August 8, 2022, 03:13:13 pm »

On his what salary ... ?

Christ. What an obscene wage that is.

Werner back to Leipzig this summer and Sesko next year… Nkunku to the Reds in a year then.

Wouldn't say no to Nkunku as the closest thing to a Firmino replacement. Feel like he'd be one who looks brilliant under Klopp, could maybe play a couple of positions too, coming into his best years etc.

Will be interesting to see what we buy next year considering two midfielders are probably going to have to come in providing we don't buy in the next few weeks or January.
« Last Edit: August 8, 2022, 03:15:32 pm by disgraced cake »
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #13050 on: August 8, 2022, 04:36:27 pm »
Werner will show on Chelsea's books as a small loss at worst with the way the accounting works. Are they paying him the difference in his salary as well?

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13051 on: August 8, 2022, 06:38:18 pm »
Werner going back to Leipzig for £25.3m. They bought him two years ago for £47.5m
#ItsaChelseathing

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #13052 on: August 8, 2022, 06:57:37 pm »
Werner will do a Forlan and be brilliant before moving to a bigger club again in a couple of seasons.

Malang Sarr going to Monaco on loan with an obligation to buy for £12m from Chelsea. Utter waste of time him moving there, made less than 20 appearances in two years and was useless when he did play. Looks a shadow of the player he was at 17.

Rabiot going to Man Utd is gleeful proof they have no strategy or cohesive plan. There’s no way Ten Hag looked at a player who’s known to have ego issues, an unruly agent/mother and has produced three middling seasons at a declining Juventus and thought ‘that’s the guy.’ Rabiot has some quality and a great engine but he’s not a holding midfielder and for me essentially fulfils a position they’ve already got average players of similar quality in. Seems pointless.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #13053 on: August 8, 2022, 07:19:33 pm »
Dortmund sign a striker from Koln to cover for them while Haller is out.

I've heard it was a very Modeste fee.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13054 on: August 8, 2022, 07:23:01 pm »
To go from Haller to him is more than a Modeste climb-down.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13055 on: August 8, 2022, 08:20:09 pm »

Throw in Morata and Batshuayi and Chelsea have spent a quarter billion dollars in transfer fees alone on strikers the last six years, only to see them all fail at the club.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13056 on: August 8, 2022, 08:41:50 pm »
Rabiot going to Man Utd is gleeful proof they have no strategy or cohesive plan. There’s no way Ten Hag looked at a player who’s known to have ego issues, an unruly agent/mother and has produced three middling seasons at a declining Juventus and thought ‘that’s the guy.’ Rabiot has some quality and a great engine but he’s not a holding midfielder and for me essentially fulfils a position they’ve already got average players of similar quality in. Seems pointless.

At this point I'm wondering if United are taking their transfer strategy from Google's algorithm.

'It looks like you like dickheaded midfielders from Paris at Juventus, have you considered Rabiot?'

'Since you like angry egotistical forwards, who don't run or play for the team, what about Arnautovic?'

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #13057 on: August 8, 2022, 09:17:59 pm »
Coady officially joins the shite (loan)

Truly baffled as to why Wolves have just let their captain who's barely missed a game in 7 years to just go on loan in the prime of his career. Yes they're changing systems but still.

Goncalo Guedes joins Wolves
« Last Edit: August 8, 2022, 09:21:24 pm by disgraced cake »

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #13058 on: August 8, 2022, 09:24:54 pm »

Truly baffled as to why Wolves have just let their captain who's barely missed a game in 7 years to just go on loan in the prime of his career. Yes they're changing systems but still.

Sounds like another Dele Alli weirdly structured deal to get around their money issues.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13059 on: August 8, 2022, 09:37:17 pm »

Struggles to play outside of the established system he’s used to - a back 3 - and Wolves are looking to transition to a central defensive pairing in a 4, having spent big on the more talented Nathan Collins this summer.

Coady is a very traditional stopper-type but is desperately slow, can’t turn, doesn’t pass it particularly well, can’t carry the ball and has been protected from having to challenge for the ball aerially by Boly and Saiss who win 2.9 and 2.6 aerials per 90 to Coady’s 1.04. There’s been a clear decline in Coady’s game in the past 18 months and Lage clearly wants his decline to continue elsewhere.

I’ve always been of the opinion he’s a Championship midfielder masquerading as a Premier League defender due to his versatility and ability to play a very specific role in Nuno’s very specific Wolves’ system - covering Saiss stepping out and receiving the ball off of the other CBs deep to allow the wing backs space to move forward.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13060 on: August 8, 2022, 09:59:05 pm »
Struggles to play outside of the established system he’s used to - a back 3 - and Wolves are looking to transition to a central defensive pairing in a 4, having spent big on the more talented Nathan Collins this summer.

Coady is a very traditional stopper-type but is desperately slow, can’t turn, doesn’t pass it particularly well, can’t carry the ball and has been protected from having to challenge for the ball aerially by Boly and Saiss who win 2.9 and 2.6 aerials per 90 to Coady’s 1.04. There’s been a clear decline in Coady’s game in the past 18 months and Lage clearly wants his decline to continue elsewhere.

I’ve always been of the opinion he’s a Championship midfielder masquerading as a Premier League defender due to his versatility and ability to play a very specific role in Nuno’s very specific Wolves’ system - covering Saiss stepping out and receiving the ball off of the other CBs deep to allow the wing backs space to move forward.

agreed - he's looked very very average the last 2 seasons. I'm not sure how this helps him or the Ev.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13061 on: August 8, 2022, 10:24:22 pm »
Coady is a clogger, shite footballer.

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #13062 on: August 8, 2022, 10:57:05 pm »

Coady struggles to play outside of the established system he’s used to - a back 3 - and Wolves are looking to transition to a central defensive pairing in a 4, having spent big on the more talented Nathan Collins this summer.

Everton desperately need defensive cover so I expect the deal to be done tomorrow.

Well if it works for Romano...
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #13063 on: August 8, 2022, 11:18:29 pm »

yup agree with that
as an aside he put in one of the worst performances I've ever watched vs Man City at the tail end of last season ... obv it was against City and also when Wolves had nothing to play for but it was incredibly bad
Everton look like they're going to be horrific to watch this season.. sit deep try and knock it long for some fast lads with almost no ability
« Last Edit: August 9, 2022, 01:02:36 am by JackWard33 »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13064 on: August 9, 2022, 12:55:08 am »
bald move i say

Has he signed yet, or does he want to mullet over for a while?

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13065 on: August 9, 2022, 01:15:51 am »
Can’t get my head around the Coady transfer at all.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #13066 on: August 9, 2022, 01:48:58 am »
me neither
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13067 on: August 9, 2022, 05:31:30 am »
I think he’s a very good signing for Everton, I think he’s a better center back than anyone they got , or man utd for that matter. Wolves seem to have lost the plot with that one, sell him outright or keep him even on the bench his value won’t drop.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13068 on: August 9, 2022, 09:38:32 am »
I think he’s a very good signing for Everton, I think he’s a better center back than anyone they got , or man utd for that matter. Wolves seem to have lost the plot with that one, sell him outright or keep him even on the bench his value won’t drop.
Better than Ben White.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13069 on: August 9, 2022, 10:29:46 am »
Better than Ben White.

Probably.

Not better than William rio van dijk Saliba though

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13070 on: August 9, 2022, 12:05:13 pm »
Sesko gone to Leipzig in 2023

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #13071 on: August 9, 2022, 12:15:59 pm »
€20 million when they could have probably got double that from a desperate United or Chelsea. Essentially doesn't really matter what the transfer fee is between the two clubs, it'd be nice to have a similar set-up ourselves
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #13072 on: August 9, 2022, 12:57:00 pm »
agreed - he's looked very very average the last 2 seasons. I'm not sure how this helps him or the Ev.

Only looked decent in a very rigid, defensive Nuno team with a back 5 and two holding mids. Struggled at Wolves before and since.

Coady struggles to play outside of the established system he’s used to - a back 3 - and Wolves are looking to transition to a central defensive pairing in a 4, having spent big on the more talented Nathan Collins this summer.

Everton desperately need defensive cover so I expect the deal to be done tomorrow.

Well if it works for Romano...

You could be talking about Carragher there though tbf. Nuno had the defensive nous to make that work (i.e. Houllier/Benitez). Lampard probably doesn't but looks like he's going full park the bus/dogs of war this season.

Coady is probably at least a slighter better version of Michael Keane.
« Last Edit: August 9, 2022, 01:07:28 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13073 on: August 9, 2022, 01:04:17 pm »
United have pulled out of the Arnautovic deal because of fan reaction to his racist comments, according to the Athletic.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13074 on: August 9, 2022, 01:07:12 pm »
What a hilarious summer for them. Involved in a absolutely humiliating 3 month chase for a player who desperately doesn't want to sign for them (the most embarrassing transfer saga I can ever remember) and now have to pull out of a deal for a shit player because he said some stuff they could easily have researched themselves  ;D

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13075 on: August 9, 2022, 01:14:15 pm »
United have pulled out of the Arnautovic deal because of fan reaction to his racist comments, according to the Athletic.

To be honest we don't need that type of person in the PL even if it was to the detriment to Man United.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline lollysportswasher

• Wants us to accept the reality that Liverpool will never sign another player.
  • Kopite
« Reply #13076 on: August 9, 2022, 01:20:30 pm »
City fans are already having a meltdown on reddit and how this summer is 0/10 for them if they lose Bernardo.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13077 on: August 9, 2022, 01:26:42 pm »

Amazing that his character wasn't a factor before making their bid.

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #13078 on: August 9, 2022, 02:48:25 pm »
Tottenham have won the race to sign the highly-rated Udinese full-back Destiny Udogie for a fee of €20m (£17m), beating a host of other clubs to secure a deal for the Italy Under-21 international.

Is he any good? Never heard of him before today.
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #13079 on: August 9, 2022, 03:03:18 pm »
Another club who seem to have signed a lot of fullbacks over the past few years.

Aurier, Doherty, Davies, Foyth, Sessengnon, Regullion, Emerson Royal, Djed Spence, Perisic (assumption is he is coming to play wing back) and probably others I have missed?!