Author Topic: The England Cricket Thread - 2024  (Read 638830 times)

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
Wow, closer than I thought, looked way too high for me. Was clipping the stump quite low down.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
0-1

Not the best start

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
one dodgy leave gets a review, another one gets a wicket.

off stump is still in the same place it's always been lads.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
Can't blame me - I finished my pond before this started. :o
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
one dodgy leave gets a review, another one gets a wicket.

off stump is still in the same place it's always been lads.

It came back in a long, long way though

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
Finally some normality.
AHA!

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
rakheem cornwall. what a specimen of humanity.

not sure what's going on with the large sponsors on the front of the shirts. I must have missed that announcement.
Just for the next 12 months, to allow countries to recoup revenue lost due to COVID. Although with the recent introduction of player names and numbers on the back of shirts, I can see this change being made permanent unfortunately.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yes! Crick....oh. ::)

Normality slowly returning then.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Least they’ve put Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson adverts on to maintain the mood
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
Just for the next 12 months, to allow countries to recoup revenue lost due to COVID. Although with the recent introduction of player names and numbers on the back of shirts, I can see this change being made permanent unfortunately.

I did wonder if it might have been linked to that.

they're driving around with the fucking pointless rope, so play might be back soon.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
Surely you bowl first in these conditions? England could well go on and post 400 but I was shocked to see England opted to bat and weren't put in.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Surely you bowl first in these conditions? England could well go on and post 400 but I was shocked to see England opted to bat and weren't put in.

Especially when it’s going to be stop/start for a while.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
Especially when it’s going to be stop/start for a while.

Yeah exactly Nick. I always thought the rule of thumb was that if the sun is out, you bat, if it is grey and overcast then you bowl. I thought with drizzle in the air and on the back of this break you'd want to bowl first and make early inroads.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Did seem like an utterly bizarre decision, the batsmen are never going to be properly in with these multiple breaks & delays, you'd think that Anderson etc. would have loved facing a lineup like that.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
W.G.Grace - "When you win the toss – bat. If you are in doubt, think about it, then bat. If you have very big doubts, consult a colleague – then bat."
Seems to have changed in recent years I think its probably not wanting to bat on the last day, maybe.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Our bowlers under these conditions would probably ensure we weren't bowling on the last day due to already having won the test by then.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Have Sky put a murmuring crowd noise on in the background?  I kind of get it with Football, but it seems totally unnecessary with Cricket.  I've watched plenty of games being played out in virtual silence, as have most people who are watching this I would have thought.

Edit.  It's just plain weird.  There's no change in tone when the ball is crashed to the boundary.  If it was silent you wouldn't really notice it, but there's something jarring about the ball racing to the boundary to a soundtrack of "murmur, murmur, rhubarb-rhubarb".
« Last Edit: July 8, 2020, 03:49:04 pm by Kekule »

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
Have Sky put a murmuring crowd noise on in the background?  I kind of get it with Football, but it seems totally unnecessary with Cricket.  I've watched plenty of games being played out in virtual silence, as have most people who are watching this I would have thought.

Edit.  It's just plain weird.  There's no change in tone when the ball is crashed to the boundary.  If it was silent you wouldn't really notice it, but there's something jarring about the ball racing to the boundary to a soundtrack of "murmur, murmur, rhubarb-rhubarb".

Reminds me of the EA Sports game I had for the XBox.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
It seemed to have a lack of continuity!  ;D

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/EqCLXBnrChQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/EqCLXBnrChQ</a>

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Footage from England's 2006/07 Ashes tour.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/EqCLXBnrChQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/EqCLXBnrChQ</a>

What happened with the 6th wicket? The batsman's foot was clearly behind the line, yet the keeper took the bails off and appealed, as Aussies are wont to do, and a wicket fell. Are the cheating bastards supplying their own umpires again?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
What happened with the 6th wicket? The batsman's foot was clearly behind the line, yet the keeper took the bails off and appealed, as Aussies are wont to do, and a wicket fell. Are the cheating bastards supplying their own umpires again?

Tampering with the code.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
Will this start on time? I'm wondering about a wet outfield as we've had an awful lot of rain here overnight, not sure what it was like down there?

We've had so much rain here that my pond is almost overflowing, on a positive note, it seems to have encouraged the fish into spawning again!
 ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Say "auf Wiedersehen" to your stumps
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Well that was fairly comprehensive!

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
Good review - 3 down now.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
71-4

Another good review.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
WI's bowling has been outstanding this morning.

It's obviously very difficult to bat out there which makes the decision to bat at the toss far more suspect.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not going well, is it?

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Not going well, is it?

Test cricket is back!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
WI's bowling has been outstanding this morning.

It's obviously very difficult to bat out there which makes the decision to bat at the toss far more suspect.

Their bowling attack is sneaky good. Holder, Roach and Gabriel are all top 20 operators in the world. Roach in particular usually gives us a bit of a going over. 42 scalps at a tick under 27.
« Last Edit: July 9, 2020, 12:32:02 pm by Gerry Attrick »

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
In the last 2 years his average has been something crazy at like 21 as well. He's world class.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Their bowling attack is sneaky good. Holder, Roach and Gabriel are all top 20 operators in the world. Roach in particular usually gives us a bit of a going over. 42 scalps at a tick under 27.

Also makes the non selection of Broad an odd one. I get it’s exciting to see what Wood and Archer can do but I reckon you go for tried and tested in what will possibly be a low scoring game and where you need the bowlers on it from the start. First home Test he’s missed in 8 years apparently. Some stat that for a fast bowler!

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
After what's been going on with COVID, it's quite comforting to see things going back to normal.  Like England collapsing.

87-5

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
Also makes the non selection of Broad an odd one. I get it’s exciting to see what Wood and Archer can do but I reckon you go for tried and tested in what will possibly be a low scoring game and where you need the bowlers on it from the start. First home Test he’s missed in 8 years apparently. Some stat that for a fast bowler!

I'm gutted for Broad, I was really disappointed not to see him selected.

Opps, another wicket, will England get to three figures?

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Nasser just saying that Pope will be questioning whether he should have left it forgetting Sibley and Denly were caught by similar balls that came back in

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
Should just go all out attack now get what they can and get West Indies in while conditions are favourable for bowlers, weather tomorrow looks sound so get them batting now. At least I think thats what England are going for, or its just the usual collapse.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
I don't like this being characterised as an England collapse, I don't think it recognises just how good the WI's have been bowling.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The sun will come out tomorrow.  Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be sun.

Daft decision by Stokes at the toss.  It's like me being asked to the ironing and deliberately making a hash of it so I don't have to do it again.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Fucking  cricket

;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W