Jim Beglin
Ian Darke
Seb Hutchinson
Karen Carney
Alan Parry
David Coulthard
Mark Webber
Ian Wright-late option

Author Topic: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition  (Read 1045717 times)

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
Re: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition
« Reply #9480 on: August 4, 2022, 10:41:50 am »
Michael Brown throwing out the stronger depth shout, they’re even loaning out promising youngsters now too. So not sure how he works that out.
AHA!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9481 on: August 4, 2022, 10:48:49 am »
BBC predictions are up. Rob Green has United finishing 2nd ahead of us.

He's probably seen them loan out Henderson, sign Tom Huddlestone and thought....maybe, just maybe
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9482 on: August 4, 2022, 10:50:18 am »
Michael Brown throwing out the stronger depth shout, they’re even loaning out promising youngsters now too. So not sure how he works that out.

Ex Man City player talking shite. Shock.

Richards has gone for City to win it which I'm really shocked by. Probably gets royalties from the club for blowing smoke up their arse.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9483 on: August 4, 2022, 12:42:31 pm »
Watched that 'Overlap' show that Neville and Carragher present. Why do they insist on getting football fan media to represent the clubs they show. Cant they just get normal fans?

Online Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9484 on: August 4, 2022, 12:46:29 pm »
Watched that 'Overlap' show that Neville and Carragher present. Why do they insist on getting football fan media to represent the clubs they show. Cant they just get normal fans?

To be fair, we're one of the lucky ones in that Paul Machin is a fairly articulate and logical presence to represent the club.

Imagine being represented by AFTV or Adam McKola.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9485 on: August 4, 2022, 12:55:47 pm »
To be fair, we're one of the lucky ones in that Paul Machin is a fairly articulate and logical presence to represent the club.

Thankfully that mad man from Arsenal with the headphones wasn't on. Its embarrassing, but at the same time quite disturbing.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9486 on: August 4, 2022, 01:15:20 pm »
Thankfully that mad man from Arsenal with the headphones wasn't on. Its embarrassing, but at the same time quite disturbing.

This guy?

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #9487 on: August 4, 2022, 01:17:55 pm »

Or being represented by a brass like Chelsea.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9488 on: August 4, 2022, 01:26:26 pm »

Agreed, football fan media "pundits" are always going to be skewed in what they say as they go for what will generate the most attention rather than what they actually think.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9489 on: August 4, 2022, 02:16:00 pm »

Little bit worrying that Jermaine Jenas, Clinton Morrison and Chris Sutton have us winning it. JJ should stick to Question Time. His analysis on Utd is very very tired and lazy

"This is not Ronaldo at the peak of his powers, like when he won the Champions League with United in 2008 and he was indispensable and had so much influence on the team. But this Ronaldo is vital in terms of his goal contribution to United. If they lose the 24 goals he scored for them last season, who gets them? "

I think we worked out by now this isn't 2008, and how about looking at how many goals the team scored every season before that petulant fucker came back

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #9490 on: August 4, 2022, 02:21:19 pm »
the bbc predictions were so bad last year you'd have got more accuracy if you'd asked some mice to pick by shitting on a dartboard.

Online spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9491 on: August 4, 2022, 04:14:03 pm »
I’ve watched quite a lot of the commonwealth games.    The standard of commentary and pundits is light years ahead of the football lot

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #9492 on: August 4, 2022, 08:06:42 pm »
Not too sure if their picture lineups are 100% definite, but it indicates that BT have also jibbed Macca from their PL lineup too.
AHA!

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9493 on: August 4, 2022, 08:43:36 pm »
Not too sure if their picture lineups are 100% definite, but it indicates that BT have also jibbed Macca from their PL lineup too.
No Jake Humphries as the leading presenter for Premier League.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9494 on: August 4, 2022, 08:45:26 pm »

Someone should find out where he lives and pop round to see if he’s ok.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9495 on: August 4, 2022, 09:48:25 pm »

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9496 on: August 5, 2022, 10:06:05 am »
Can we change the title to just generic pundit discussion? Because we also talk about the worst pundits here.

Speaking of which, Martin Tyler with a disgusting comment on BBC R4 this morning. Talking about the start of Sky Sports, said “we weren’t that long after Hillsborough and other hooligan-related events.”

He’s always seemed to have something against us. Hopefully R4 correct the record.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9497 on: August 5, 2022, 10:10:56 am »
What a fucking scumbag
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9498 on: August 5, 2022, 10:37:22 am »
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he didn't mean to link Hillsborough and hooliganism together in the way it sounds.  If I'm wrong and he did, he should never be allowed to commentate on our games again, and should also apologize. That's so hurtful of a comment if he meant it

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9499 on: August 5, 2022, 10:56:54 am »
voted ally mccoist, he is clearly streets ahead of other commentators, says it how it is and with a good sense of humour.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Red46

• Main Stander
« Reply #9500 on: August 5, 2022, 11:26:22 am »
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he didn't mean to link Hillsborough and hooliganism together in the way it sounds.  If I'm wrong and he did, he should never be allowed to commentate on our games again, and should also apologize. That's so hurtful of a comment if he meant it

Yeah sometimes words come out not quite how you mean them to. Saying that if he genuinely was linking the 2 it’s beyond disgraceful, given what he does for a living he of all people should know better

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
« Reply #9501 on: August 5, 2022, 11:38:35 am »
voted ally mccoist, he is clearly streets ahead of other commentators, says it how it is and with a good sense of humour.

I agree.

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #9502 on: August 5, 2022, 11:40:43 am »

The BBC & Tyler have both apologised although I think he knew exactly what he was saying.

He's an outdated dinosaur with the propensity to make scummy as fuck comments like that. Don't ever want him near a commentary gantry again.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9503 on: August 5, 2022, 12:06:47 pm »
The BBC & Tyler have both apologised although I think he knew exactly what he was saying.

He's an outdated dinosaur with the propensity to make scummy as fuck comments like that. Don't ever want him near a commentary gantry again.

No doubt about it. So many other ways he could've worded it and would've been very clear he wasn't conflating the 2, but he chose to imply Hillsborough was linked to hooliganism.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9504 on: August 5, 2022, 12:57:00 pm »
No doubt about it. So many other ways he could've worded it and would've been very clear he wasn't conflating the 2, but he chose to imply Hillsborough was linked to hooliganism.

Indeed, he's been forced to weasel out of it, but he definitely knew what he was doing by including the word other in that sentence, he's paid to speak for a living after all.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #9505 on: August 5, 2022, 01:21:58 pm »
Can we change the title to just generic pundit discussion? Because we also talk about the worst pundits here.

Speaking of which, Martin Tyler with a disgusting comment on BBC R4 this morning. Talking about the start of Sky Sports, said “we weren’t that long after Hillsborough and other hooligan-related events.”

He’s always seemed to have something against us. Hopefully R4 correct the record.

A decent thread on Martin Tyler's abhorrent, yet clear and concise, comments now here, mate - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=352847.0

Tyle is a cnut - and the BBC too for letting such comments slide - yet again.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #9506 on: August 6, 2022, 01:15:45 pm »
I hate Steve McManaman
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9507 on: August 6, 2022, 01:49:32 pm »
Just fuck off Jenus!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #9508 on: August 6, 2022, 06:00:41 pm »
Had to mute it. They are awful.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9509 on: August 8, 2022, 09:32:27 am »
What's Gary Neville going on about now:

"The coach needs time so I won't have a go at him. And it comes a time where I won't even have a go at the players anymore. If you have a business and the people in that business can't do the job for you then you remove them from the business.

"It's abuse to keep them in the job for longer as they don't enjoy it either"

12 months ago it was - Varane + Sancho + Kane = Title remember that rat boy

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #9510 on: August 8, 2022, 07:35:53 pm »
'He never stops moving........... apart from when he stands still..'

Jermaine Penarse, Craven Cottage, Aug 6th 2022

“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Online spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9511 on: August 18, 2022, 05:41:29 pm »
What a contrast

Gabby Logan

Karen bloody  Carney

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #9512 on: August 19, 2022, 11:38:57 am »
TIL Klopp listens to TalkSport.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9513 on: August 19, 2022, 11:45:18 am »
What a contrast

Gabby Logan

Karen bloody  Carney
Gabby is great and under used by the BBC.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9514 on: August 19, 2022, 12:33:52 pm »
Klopp destroying gabby Agbonlahor is not a headline I expected to see today lol

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9515 on: August 20, 2022, 08:47:38 am »
Saw an ad last night for League of their Own. Never seen it but know how shit it is, it now has Micah Richards as a regular panel member. Imagine watching that. Pure torture.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #9516 on: August 20, 2022, 09:17:21 am »
Saw an ad last night for League of their Own. Never seen it but know how shit it is, it now has Micah Richards as a regular panel member. Imagine watching that. Pure torture.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9517 on: August 20, 2022, 09:57:50 am »
I used to watch it now and then, but now Abu Dhabi have paid for that clown to be on , I will never watch it again.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #9518 on: August 22, 2022, 12:44:52 am »

If it wasn’t for Liverpool, this fucking league would be shit.” -  Ian Wright.

^ https://twitter.com/Watch_LFC/status/1561431233237852161 (with 30 second video)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #9519 on: August 22, 2022, 09:05:50 am »
If it wasn’t for Liverpool, this fucking league would be shit.” -  Ian Wright.

^ https://twitter.com/Watch_LFC/status/1561431233237852161 (with 30 second video)

This needs more love....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.