Author Topic: Genk away  (Read 59179 times)

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
Re: Genk away
« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2019, 07:38:42 pm »
Hopefully yea,me and my lad are trying to get tickets with the Genkies,if not I could nip down the day after the game. Will let you know closer to the day.

Edit - You could of course get the number 10 bus to Tongeren and have a beer in the best square in Limburg. :P

Is right.

I've just looked where Tongeren is and it's too far away from Genk. A bit of a rush just to get to Genk for late afternoon on matchday. Thursday is all about chilling and beer then on to Maastricht at some point. My flight is from Koln Friday morning so no detours and all that. Deffo let us know about the Thursday pint or five though.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2019, 11:09:22 pm »
Don't be surprised if you find Hasselt to be quiet midweek but it will be much better than Genk. Try and avoid the Irish bar though as the beer elsewhere if better/cheaper and last time a British team played in Genk the Irish Times in Hasselt was targeted by a group of Dutch/Belgian hooligans.
Cheers for the info.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: September 19, 2019, 11:19:23 am »
Hotels all b9oked night in Brussels bef9re hasselt on night of game. Anyone not booked back yet cheap.option to Liverpool.via Dublin with aer lingus and Ryanair 40£

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #123 on: September 19, 2019, 08:39:54 pm »
Hotels all b9oked night in Brussels bef9re hasselt on night of game. Anyone not booked back yet cheap.option to Liverpool.via Dublin with aer lingus and Ryanair 40£
I know you like the odd pint of Guinness Mush but read above about the Irish Pub in Hasselt. 

There is a lesser known "pub" that sells the black stuff in Hasselt and its not far from the other more central "Irish Times"

It's called "De Egel"  (The Hedgehog) and is on the Zuivelmarkt 64 (http://www.kaffee-de-egel.be/locatie.html) Also one or two cafés sell it in Genk or there was the last time I went there,which was several years ago though. Probably see you sometime anyway if you will be with Wazza and any of the other Wrexham lads ;)

Offline Scally Bob

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2019, 06:50:03 am »
It still amazes me that people go to somewhere like Belgium which makes some of the finest beer on earth and even consider looking for mock Irish pubs. Hey ho.

Anyway I’m staying in Bilzen (about 9km from Genk) and hiring a car from Charleroi. I’m on the 06.40 Ryanair from Manchester on the day of the game and will go back to Charleroi the morning after. I’m then going into town to drink proper Belgian beer until my flight about 9pm. If anyone wants to share the costs then I’m happy to take them. Three spaces currently which will drop to two if I can get a spare.
Let's get out of here before they realise what we've done

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2019, 07:34:08 am »
Anyone going back to Brussels after the game with space for one? Got my Eurostar the morning after so would be ideal instead of doing the 5am coach from Genk where I have nowhere to stay.
YNWA.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2019, 12:23:12 pm »
Anyone going back to Brussels after the game with space for one? Got my Eurostar the morning after so would be ideal instead of doing the 5am coach from Genk where I have nowhere to stay.

Got a spare room in Genk for 2 nights if needed.

Offline Milly B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #127 on: September 28, 2019, 05:01:10 pm »
Surely expecting details this week??

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #128 on: September 28, 2019, 08:59:39 pm »
Surely expecting details this week??

Don’t expect anything from the TO, but I hope we can get them next week.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #129 on: October 1, 2019, 09:09:07 am »
21 days until we travel, it doesn't affect me personally as I'm guaranteed a ticket but I know of a few that will not book travel until they know if they can get a ticket or not and that is the official line from the club as well. The club knew the date and the allocation over a month ago yet every single time they leave it late  ::)

On another note, I'm fully expecting 100% collections for both this and Salzburg as well.
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Online Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: October 1, 2019, 09:17:12 am »
21 days until we travel, it doesn't affect me personally as I'm guaranteed a ticket but I know of a few that will not book travel until they know if they can get a ticket or not and that is the official line from the club as well. The club knew the date and the allocation over a month ago yet every single time they leave it late  ::)

On another note, I'm fully expecting 100% collections for both this and Salzburg as well.

Standard with our TO mate. Nothing but utterly pathetic  :no :no :no :butt :butt :butt

I'm in the boat that wont travel without a ticket or book, but as far as I'm aware they've not even announced the date for the 'corporate ballot' so there'll be at least another 3 days after that before they announce our minions sale, so not expecting anything before Friday

Agree on collections too

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: October 1, 2019, 12:21:45 pm »
The corporate ballot for this ends tomorrow morning, so should be an announcement tomorrow.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #132 on: October 1, 2019, 12:24:05 pm »
The corporate ballot for this ends tomorrow morning, so should be an announcement tomorrow next week.
Corrected for you  ;)

Online Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: October 1, 2019, 12:37:15 pm »

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: October 1, 2019, 01:14:18 pm »
It still amazes me that people go to somewhere like Belgium which makes some of the finest beer on earth and even consider looking for mock Irish pubs. Hey ho.

Anyway I’m staying in Bilzen (about 9km from Genk) and hiring a car from Charleroi. I’m on the 06.40 Ryanair from Manchester on the day of the game and will go back to Charleroi the morning after. I’m then going into town to drink proper Belgian beer until my flight about 9pm. If anyone wants to share the costs then I’m happy to take them. Three spaces currently which will drop to two if I can get a spare.
You do know the Irish pubs do sell local beer as well ;)
 As for Bilzen that is even more a dead town than Genk...

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: October 1, 2019, 02:12:50 pm »
Contemplating hiring a car to get back to Brussels afterwards. I am a disaster on the roads so might be worth staying clear.  ;D
YNWA.

Offline Kenny19

• Anny Roader
  • Dreaming our dreams and drifting within
« Reply #136 on: October 1, 2019, 02:37:42 pm »
You do know the Irish pubs do sell local beer as well ;)
 As for Bilzen that is even more a dead town than Genk...
Yes they do but local beers are much cheaper in the smaller non-irish pubs

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #137 on: October 1, 2019, 02:43:30 pm »
staying in Brussels for one night then onto hasslelt, got digs for the night after game, but cant decide on best option to get back to Hasselt after the game  :butt. Am now thinking it might be better to hire a car from Brussles for the trip and not bother with train from Brussels to Hasslet. Cant think how much taxis will be ripping us off with prices knowing the demand!! :no

Online Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: October 1, 2019, 03:10:55 pm »
staying in Brussels for one night then onto hasslelt, got digs for the night after game, but cant decide on best option to get back to Hasselt after the game  :butt. Am now thinking it might be better to hire a car from Brussles for the trip and not bother with train from Brussels to Hasslet. Cant think how much taxis will be ripping us off with prices knowing the demand!! :no

There'll be a fair few off here staying in Hasselt - sure people would be happy to share

I've seen taxi firms who allow you to book up front for €80 return

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: October 1, 2019, 09:56:16 pm »
Yes they do but local beers are much cheaper in the smaller non-irish pubs
Same price here.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #140 on: October 2, 2019, 08:10:15 am »
This is the info for Napoli for tonight’s match so no doubt, it will be similar for us :

This is useful information for the Azzurri fans who will follow the trip to Belgium during Genk-Napoli, second day of the Champions League, scheduled on Wednesday at 6.55pm.

Safety

Please note that due to the high alert status, it is not allowed to enter the stadium with bags and backpacks. The maximum dimensions allowed for bags and handbags are those of an A4 sheet. 

Please note that smoking is prohibited inside the stadium. The ban also extends to the entire area of ​​the stadium.

TICKETS FOR FANS

The sectors reserved for visiting fans (blocks A and AA) have a total capacity of 1,017 spectators. Both sectors have direct access to the parking area reserved for visiting fans. A catering service is available.

FANS DIFFERENTLY ABLE

The disabled spectators will be placed in front of the guest sector (block A) and will be sheltered from rain or snow.

MEETING POINTS - CITY CENTER

The center of Genk is rather small. The ideal meeting point is Marktstraat, where you can find numerous bars. Nearby are the train station and several hotels.

There are two options for getting to the stadium:

1. bus

The stadium has a dedicated parking area for visiting fans. If the fans arrive during the day, the best option is for the coaches to unload the fans in the city center and then park at the stadium for the whole day, since in the city center there are no coach parking spaces.

2. Shuttle bus

The Genk provides shuttle buses for the journey from the train station to the stadium. Depending on the number of guest supporters, the shuttle buses will start leaving for the stadium 3 or 4 hours before the kick-off.

Please note that it is NOT possible to go to the stadium on foot. Processions are not allowed to go to the plant.

Stadium parking area

The stadium parking area is large enough to accommodate your fans' coaches. It is a dedicated and limited area that allows direct access to the stadium and the guest sector.

Guests sector

The gates will open 2 hours before the kick-off. Please note that due to the high alert level there will be 2 checkpoints where searches will be carried out.

Please note that the purchase of food and drinks can only be made in cash (in Euros).

Please note that smoking is prohibited inside the stadium. The ban also extends to the entire area of ​​the stadium.

ACTIVITIES OF FANS

Flags   

It is allowed to introduce flags with 1 PVC rod, whose dimensions must not exceed 1.50 mx 1.50 m. The length of the rod must not exceed 1.50 m. Flags with 2 rods are not allowed.

Banners Banners are    permitted as long as they do not obstruct the emergency exits located in front of or on the side of sector A.

Megaphone    A maximum of 2 megaphones are allowed in the guest area.

Drums    A maximum of 2 drums are allowed in the guest sector.

Choreography and other fan activities.

If the fans want to create a choreography, they must apply to the club (sicurezzastadio@sscn.it), providing the necessary information:

When do you intend to prepare this activity inside the stadium? 

If it is a choreography, when will it be exhibited?

A drawing of the motif

What will become of the choreography? Will it have to be disposed of by the Genk or will the fans take it upon themselves to take it away?

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: October 2, 2019, 10:46:56 am »
I mean, not sure if the Eurostar will let me bring on two megaphones and two drums... but good to know they allow them  :D
YNWA.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #142 on: October 2, 2019, 10:49:41 am »
I love the bit about choreography, I can't wait for the travelling Kop to put on a display of interpretive dance before the match. ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: October 2, 2019, 11:25:16 am »
I love the bit about choreography, I can't wait for the travelling Kop to put on a display of interpretive dance before the match. ;D

;D

actually chuckling at imagining this.
YNWA.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: October 2, 2019, 12:31:01 pm »
Rumours this will be full collection

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #145 on: October 2, 2019, 12:34:38 pm »
Rumours this will be full collection

Wouldn't surprise me for this and Salzburg.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #146 on: October 2, 2019, 02:10:01 pm »
Pointless doing collections for the small allocations. Everyone buying will be going or know of others who need so can just put them in there name. We all know which ones need to be collection but they won't. Any matches in Russia, Ukraine or Turkey should be collection

Online Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: October 2, 2019, 02:14:44 pm »
Pointless doing collections for the small allocations. Everyone buying will be going or know of others who need so can just put them in there name. We all know which ones need to be collection but they won't. Any matches in Russia, Ukraine or Turkey should be collection

Russia doesn't need to be as club checked visas last time

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: October 2, 2019, 02:21:45 pm »
Sums up the club when not needed they have collection to make it look like doing something but when it's needed as nah we can't be arsed

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: October 2, 2019, 02:30:09 pm »
Been said dozens of times, until the amnesty on Season tickets is done to get them in the right names any collections are pointless

Soon as names are sorted we can bin off this nominating another name to go nonsense and put collections in sporadically to check tickets being used properly

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: October 2, 2019, 02:48:07 pm »
Been said dozens of times, until the amnesty on Season tickets is done to get them in the right names any collections are pointless

Soon as names are sorted we can bin off this nominating another name to go nonsense and put collections in sporadically to check tickets being used properly

Correct.

Offline GDGLEWIS

• Main Stander
« Reply #151 on: October 2, 2019, 03:02:28 pm »

I could see the club stating soon, tickets to away game will only be issued in the name on the season ticket, or transferred to a named person registered with the club. Rather than an amnesty which opens the club up to unfair claims by people who are on the season ticket waiting list. 

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: October 2, 2019, 03:12:07 pm »

If there’s 100 people who don’t then they can put them on sale to people who actually go. Or just get rid of the other people’s names thing.

Offline KOTP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: October 3, 2019, 01:25:23 pm »

or they could have collection but stop giving credit to the person who buys but give the credit to the person who actually goes

Offline GDGLEWIS

• Main Stander
« Reply #154 on: October 3, 2019, 01:56:26 pm »
or they could have collection but stop giving credit to the person who buys but give the credit to the person who actually goes
they can’t do that for the simple reason of the club makes it to the final there is a chance of not being enough tickets for all the members who have all home games and one away which would normally guarantee a final ticket. They need to move to a points based system, so a transferred ticket would still gain some points that would hopefully going forward build up enough points to be able to purchase in there own weight. ie 5 points for a collection in own name. 3 points for a collection in nominated name, 3 points for a posted ticket in own name, 2 point for posted in another name. Possible say you need ten points in a season to guaranteed final ticket.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: October 3, 2019, 02:30:58 pm »
Why should you get points for buying a ticket and giving it to someone else?

If you don’t go you deserve nothing. Because you didn’t go.

Online Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: October 4, 2019, 07:30:43 am »
Different Euro away, different season, same garbage from LFC and the ticket office.

20 days to go to a location that you can't get to direct, has next to no accomodation, meaning you need to sort transport back to probably Hasselt, according to Daindan the corporate ballot finished on Wednesday morning, yet still not a thing from them to know when the sales are

Year after year, euro away after euro away it's the same old story

Offline GDGLEWIS

• Main Stander
« Reply #157 on: October 4, 2019, 07:30:46 am »
Why should you get points for buying a ticket and giving it to someone else?

If you don’t go you deserve nothing. Because you didn’t go.
phil I agree with that but if it’s switched to a points based system one year, they could make It harder the next year for some to credit hunt as they have given tickets away, you could say you needed say 20 points from a previous season to be able to buy for certain games in year two that would of required you to attend in person and collect your tickets. It would be a gradual change over a couple of seasons, by say year three it would not give you any points for giving your ticket away, and by then the club would be doing full collection for all euros away.  They could do the sums and get the numbers correct.

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: October 4, 2019, 10:54:37 am »
Was told Wednesday night this will be announced today & could be full pick up....

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #159 on: October 4, 2019, 10:57:16 am »
Was told Wednesday night this will be announced today & could be full pick up....
Thought that it would have been earlier on in the week but clearly not, so an announcement today with the 1st sale on Monday no doubt. Not surprised about a full collection at all, will be the same in Salzburg as well I reckon.