Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3429929 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #25960 on: April 17, 2019, 09:18:13 am »
I want Spurs to win without a second's hesitation and I loathe them.

A Spurs win is at least a story. A Manchester City win is like... the CEO of a hedge fund having a bigger house and a nicer car than I do. So fucking what.

2-1 to City is glorious though, as they will go out on away goals. Last minute goal too would deflate them like fuck.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #25961 on: April 17, 2019, 09:21:52 am »
2-1 win for City tonight, although one of their goals will be a dodgy VAR penalty

Means Spurs go through on away goals

Then Spurs get a result at the weekend, benefitting from a clearly wrong offside decision

We narrowly beat Cardiff with a late goal, despite a couple of poor refereeing decisions that go against us
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #25962 on: April 17, 2019, 09:39:28 am »
2-1 win for City tonight, although one of their goals will be a dodgy VAR penalty

Then Spurs get a result at the weekend, benefitting from a clearly wrong offside decision

We narrowly beat Cardiff with a late goal, despite a couple of poor refereeing decisions that go against us

masochist  :D
Believer

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #25963 on: April 17, 2019, 09:51:14 am »

How I see it too
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #25964 on: April 17, 2019, 09:56:44 am »
Just to add to the quick discussion above.

If we dont win the league and get knocked out in the semi finals - I hope these win the quadruple. The rest of the country are happy to overlook their fuckin outrageous financial doping in the hopes they stop us winning the league, let's see how they all like it when that gets shoved down their little englander fuckin throats

That's essentially United's argument. Seeing us back on our perch would be horrific, especially with Serkis and Goldbridge's Dad running the show in summer signing their equivalent of Konchesky and Poulsen, but seeing City buy some titles would probably just give them more ammo to take the piss. And I get that.

What I don't get is fans of utter no-marks like Birmingham City and Stoke wanting us to lose because "lol funny stupid scousers #alwaystheiryear", nor the folk who fail to see that City turning England into Scotland means the biggest bursting bubble since the Hindenburg. If people, especially non-European people, switch their tellies to Spain or Germany or Italy and away from England, it'll make ITV Digital's collapse look like losing a fiver down the sofa.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25965 on: April 17, 2019, 09:57:10 am »
Remember this from last season, that the PA had to encourage them to make some noise from around 00.56 is hilariously embarrassing. :lmao :lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZFwVrfUaH4

Just needs a "shabba" to go full Ray Von

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25966 on: April 17, 2019, 09:59:40 am »
These are going out of champions league later. Spurs will get 1 goal and defend for their lives.

Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25967 on: April 17, 2019, 10:11:16 am »
One advantage of us facing them in a potential final is that they may not even sell out their allocation.   Even if they do the rest of the ground would be red.  Spurs or Ajax would take loads.

City really need to downsize to a smaller stadium.  Fill it with their 30000 regulars.  Get a plot of land in say Moss Side surrounded by some terraced houses, pubs and chippys on the corner.   Create a traditional feel to the place.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25968 on: April 17, 2019, 10:39:11 am »
One advantage of us facing them in a potential final is that they may not even sell out their allocation.   Even if they do the rest of the ground would be red.  Spurs or Ajax would take loads.

City really need to downsize to a smaller stadium.  Fill it with their 30000 regulars.  Get a plot of land in say Moss Side surrounded by some terraced houses, pubs and chippys on the corner.   Create a traditional feel to the place.

Definitely. They should also give it a name something like Main Road, which sounds down to earth and homely. Maybe stick an 'e' on the end of Main if they want to be a bit cosmopolitan.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #25969 on: April 17, 2019, 10:46:06 am »

They've got their 7000-seater reserve/women's ground over the road, they could probably get that mostly full.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25970 on: April 17, 2019, 10:48:22 am »
Yeah fuck it I want them to get knocked out tonight too.

Wasn't sure about this but woken up this morning and know this: fuck those manc c*nts. COYS.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25971 on: April 17, 2019, 11:06:08 am »
Wasn't sure about this but woken up this morning and know this: fuck those manc c*nts. COYS.
yeh I'm with you too now ;D

Ajax Spurs semi final would be good for the game IMO. Dont particularly like spurs but it will show that maybe it is possible to compete without such riches. And that you can't just buy the European Cup.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #25972 on: April 17, 2019, 11:13:55 am »
yeh I'm with you too now ;D

Ajax Spurs semi final would be good for the game IMO. Dont particularly like spurs but it will show that maybe it is possible to compete without such riches. And that you can't just buy the European Cup.

Plus I’d rather play Spurs or Ajax in the final when we get there...!

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25973 on: April 17, 2019, 12:12:19 pm »
I don't really want to buy into the whole 'they need to stay in the champions league as long as possible without winning so they drop points in the league' thing. They get another loss and knocked out against Spurs tonight then they go into 2 very tough games with a complete knock to their morale, 1 against the side they just got put out by and another away to their local rivals.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #25974 on: April 17, 2019, 12:24:59 pm »
I don't really want to buy into the whole 'they need to stay in the champions league as long as possible without winning so they drop points in the league' thing. They get another loss and knocked out against Spurs tonight then they go into 2 very tough games with a complete knock to their morale, 1 against the side they just got put out by and another away to their local rivals.

I also subscribe to this school of thought
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25975 on: April 17, 2019, 12:26:39 pm »
Hope Spurs knock them out tonight.

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #25976 on: April 17, 2019, 12:42:52 pm »
Fucking hell you've all convinced me, I want Spurs to win tonight too
We beat Real Madrid

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25977 on: April 17, 2019, 01:11:34 pm »
I wonder how many of their 10,000 imaginary season ticket holders will be turning up tonight?

What a joke of a club, an absolute embarrassment to football.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #25978 on: April 17, 2019, 01:13:53 pm »
I hope they do it for Leo’s cousin.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25979 on: April 17, 2019, 01:14:57 pm »
I hope they do it for Leo’s cousin.
Which one ?

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #25980 on: April 17, 2019, 01:20:51 pm »
I'd prefer Spurs to go through (the 2-1 would be ideal) because I'd rather have them in the final, should we get there. But Man City at home? I think they'll win easily.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25981 on: April 17, 2019, 01:40:40 pm »
I hope City go through, makes it more probable that Spurs get something at the weekend. If we win the league I literally could not give less of a fuck if these lot win the CL.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #25982 on: April 17, 2019, 01:41:54 pm »
The dodgy thing with it being a sell out must come under investigation?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25983 on: April 17, 2019, 01:45:07 pm »

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Fucking plastic petrol knobheads.  They really are the Northern version of Chelsea circa 2005 - won the oligarch lottery. Would be nothing otherwise.

Tbf to Chelsea, as unlikable as they have always been they were much superior to City, even before they got taken over. Abramovich just helped them punch through the glass ceiling. Oil FC fired an exocet through it.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #25984 on: April 17, 2019, 01:46:14 pm »
Definitely want the fuckers knocked out tonight, their whole project is built upon winning the CL, go out tonight and Pep hasn't obtained a single semi (oo-er) in his three years. Would be a complete failure on his part and it would undoubtedly effect their league form thereafter.

Don't fall for all this bullshit that if they lose tonight they'll annihilate Spurs and Utd in the league right after. Get knocked out tonight and EVERY remaining league game becomes far more pressurised for them.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25985 on: April 17, 2019, 01:48:06 pm »
Worst thing is its followed up with a few whistles and some half hearted 'Wheyyyy' shouts

Reminds me of the re-opening of the Phoenix Club.

Online Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25986 on: April 17, 2019, 02:01:36 pm »
I think most of the City players (although they probably wouldn't murmur it around their boss) value the Champions League higher than the premier league.  They're gagging for that prestige on their personal honours list.

They'll be f*cking gutted if Spurs knock them out.

I'm definitely in the 'it could knock the stuffing out of them' camp.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #25987 on: April 17, 2019, 02:05:57 pm »
Did I hear that right that Pep said he thinks winning the league is more important? If he did that's hilarious... Way to go with the mind games...

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #25988 on: April 17, 2019, 02:06:43 pm »
Would any other club in the league have tickets left for an important European semi final the DAY of the show?

Didn’t Portsmouth and Sunderland sell our Wembley for the bloddy Checkatrade Trophy? Madness

Online Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25989 on: April 17, 2019, 02:08:55 pm »
Did I hear that right that Pep said he thinks winning the league is more important? If he did that's hilarious... Way to go with the mind games...

Does he f*ck!  Just like the players, I reckon they all want that CL title the most, but just won't say it out loud to each other.

They don't give a flying f*ck about City per se.  Not the legacy or anything like that.

They've got the Premier League titles on their CVs.  They want to look back after retirement and have a few CL titles on there too.  It ranks as high as the World Cup title these days really.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25990 on: April 17, 2019, 02:19:04 pm »
Does he f*ck!  Just like the players, I reckon they all want that CL title the most, but just won't say it out loud to each other.

They don't give a flying f*ck about City per se.  Not the legacy or anything like that.

They've got the Premier League titles on their CVs.  They want to look back after retirement and have a few CL titles on there too.  It ranks as high as the World Cup title these days really.

The likes of Kompany, David Silva and Fernandinho who are all 33 might not get another proper crack at winning the Champions League. I'd be amazed if they prioritise the league when they've already won 2-3 league titles.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25991 on: April 17, 2019, 02:19:09 pm »
I hope City go through, makes it more probable that Spurs get something at the weekend. If we win the league I literally could not give less of a fuck if these lot win the CL.
No, it doesn't.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25992 on: April 17, 2019, 02:21:29 pm »
Definitely want the fuckers knocked out tonight, their whole project is built upon winning the CL, go out tonight and Pep hasn't obtained a single semi (oo-er) in his three years. Would be a complete failure on his part and it would undoubtedly effect their league form thereafter.

Don't fall for all this bullshit that if they lose tonight they'll annihilate Spurs and Utd in the league right after. Get knocked out tonight and EVERY remaining league game becomes far more pressurised for them.
Exactly, more pressurised, and they've already failed in their primary objective.
More likely to put Guardiola's position in trouble too.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25993 on: April 17, 2019, 02:44:52 pm »

They've got the Premier League titles on their CVs.  They want to look back after retirement and have a few CL titles on there too. It ranks as high as the World Cup title these days really.

I'd say the CL ranks higher for many top players.  You only get one shot every 4 years at the WC and there's no guarantee you'll even make the team. Plus there are plenty of quality players for countries that have no realistic chance of winning the WC.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Being

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25994 on: April 17, 2019, 02:46:38 pm »
Fucking hell you've all convinced me, I want Spurs to win tonight too

Yeah, me too. Was hoping for a city win but fuck it. Spurs for the win.

Online Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #25995 on: April 17, 2019, 03:22:45 pm »
Spurs don't need to win. Providing they score and stay within 1 goal of City, Spurs can lose and they'll still go through on away goals.
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #25996 on: April 17, 2019, 03:44:09 pm »
Fuck City - I want to see Pep looking crushed and that bellend Kompany looking like his chips got pissed on.

Bellends.

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #25997 on: April 17, 2019, 03:56:37 pm »
Fuck City - I want to see Pep looking crushed and that bellend Kompany looking like his chips got pissed on.

Bellends.

I’m signing up for the city win tonight

I want Spurs with only the top 4 to play for at the weekend with revenge in their minds
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25998 on: April 17, 2019, 04:01:53 pm »
Think we could put arguments forward all day on the perceived advantages and disadvantages of City progressing.  Don’t think it makes any difference for Saturday’s game.  What will make a difference is tiredness.  The most important thing for me is a hard game, ideally with extra time. 
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #25999 on: April 17, 2019, 04:05:03 pm »
Think we could put arguments forward all day on the perceived advantages and disadvantages of City progressing.  Don’t think it makes any difference for Saturday’s game.  What will make a difference is tiredness.  The most important thing for me is a hard game, ideally with extra time. 

I'd think tiredness from tonight would impact Spurs more in a league game