Author Topic: Winning Title #19*  (Read 1309171 times)

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #40 on: October 7, 2019, 02:48:43 pm »
I'm as excited as fuck! That's what I'm saying! Ha ha!

:thumbup

This is going to be a long two week wait. It's hard to figure out why but we always turn into a wreck of a football team whenever we visit Old Trafford. However crap they have seemed and however well we have been playing, the 3 points have kept on eluding us.

What a statement beating them would be.
« Last Edit: October 7, 2019, 02:53:06 pm by Andar »

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: October 7, 2019, 02:55:58 pm »
Get Keita or Chamberlain in for United. Ball carriers who can push through the lines and cause problems.

We showed them far more respect than they deserved last year on the back of their Solskjaer honeymoon period. They are bang average and we should go there, play our game and beat them. Lay down a proper marker.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #42 on: October 7, 2019, 02:56:33 pm »
It’s 8 games

People can try and build as much pressure as they like, but it’s just 8 games. There’s an absolutely vast amount of the season left, it’s a great start but that’s literally all it is so far. That could go to nothing in 4 games quite easily.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #43 on: October 7, 2019, 03:06:18 pm »
Too early in the race and I promised myself to stay from such threads but so far we have played Arsenal, Chelsea and Leicester already, all definite top 6 teams for this season, City have only played Spurs.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #44 on: October 7, 2019, 03:07:55 pm »
Didn't one of City's players last year say they'd all but given up the title after they lost to Newcastle, and then when we drew against Leicester it picked them up? I do think if they drop points before us again their heads will go. We've been possessed by demons on this winning run and I'm not convinced they want it as much as us.

It's the moments during the season that determine the Champions as much as anything.

While it's true it's only 8 games in and nobody is getting ahead of themselves in overlooking the whole season yet.....there are still opportunities that can be taken.

We've done that so far. Exceptionally well.

Beat United, be ahead of City after our first game with them and then don't fall behind like last season and we would have exorcised a mini-demon and come through another tough challenge. Champions are made of accumulating small wins throughout and if we can hammer home an advantage that goes into double digits before the year is out then maybe, just maybe they will lose their fight. Or start drifting their focus to the CL more.

Or maybe they won't and will ride us all the way but we already have to just match them due to our start. We've been able to do that before, we can do that now and with a 2 game buffer......gotta be on it.

I really hope the next team to drop points is them. I feel we have them right on the ropes even if it is really early.
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #45 on: October 7, 2019, 04:04:26 pm »
Same as last year, win the next game and can't look further past that. We got a poor record at Old Trafford, and while the Mancs are poor as ever, they're decent defensively. Can't afford to put in a no show performance ala last year.

They will be up for this game like fuck. All this talk in other threads about giving them a snotting is proper sticking your chin out.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: October 7, 2019, 04:12:31 pm »
It’s 8 games

People can try and build as much pressure as they like, but it’s just 8 games. There’s an absolutely vast amount of the season left, it’s a great start but that’s literally all it is so far. That could go to nothing in 4 games quite easily.

I am as made up as anyone, however I agree with this line of thinking. I prefer to keep a short term outlook atm. We should be confident about the Spurs and Manc game because we are by far the form team in the league. If we get to the city game and we’re still 8 points clear, then we are at a big advantage because if it’s a draw its no skin off our nose and one of two opportunities to close the gap gone for them.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 7, 2019, 04:16:37 pm »
They will be up for this game like fuck. All this talk in other threads about giving them a snotting is proper sticking your chin out.

Pretty much this. I'd take half a goal right now victory if possible, we've been so poor there in recent years it's frustrating. Last year in particular we didn't show up. 

Online Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: October 7, 2019, 04:17:32 pm »
'Paul Merson says Liverpool have no chance of going through the Premier League season unbeaten despite their excellent start to the season'

We were one defeat away from that invincible season last year Mr Merson you moron  ;D

Hardly behind the realms of possibility

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: October 7, 2019, 04:21:00 pm »
'Paul Merson says Liverpool have no chance of going through the Premier League season unbeaten despite their excellent start to the season'

We were one defeat away from that invincible season last year Mr Merson you moron  ;D

He’s right though

Highly unlikely- this place will be one to avoid when we lose a league game sadly

This break is a nightmare in terms of timing. Got to just take one game at a time. Boring but what we have to do

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #50 on: October 7, 2019, 04:27:38 pm »
Same as last year, win the next game and can't look further past that. We got a poor record at Old Trafford, and while the Mancs are poor as ever, they're decent defensively. Can't afford to put in a no show performance ala last year.

There are many good points (obviously) about this Liverpool side under Klopp.  One of them is the ability to learn from our mistakes.  I can't see us playing at Old trafford in a similar fashion to how we did last year.  On top of that, they're also even worse than they were then, no matter how far-fetched that sounds.

The players and those involved at the club can't, and won't, look beyond the next game, and then the one after that, etc.  But as fans we're allowed to get a little bit giddy, even at this early stage.  Really enjoyed last season's league performance even though we fell short (falling short with 97 points seems like a contradiction in terms), and if anyone can't enjoy the journey when you're winning maybe they should support Everton.  Of course, we also had the slightly unexpected bonus of back to back CL finals and lifting Big Ears for the 6th time.

Yes, it's too early to be thinking about how you're going to celebrate the league win, but anyone being objective would say we're firmly in the driving seat with a decent lead, and our car is the fastest and most reliable (and Ole isn't driving it).

What a time to be a Liverpool fan.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #51 on: October 7, 2019, 04:31:09 pm »
He’s right though

Highly unlikely- this place will be one to avoid when we lose a league game sadly

This break is a nightmare in terms of timing. Got to just take one game at a time. Boring but what we have to do

Highly unlikely ≠ no chance.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: October 7, 2019, 04:35:55 pm »
Highly unlikely ≠ no chance.

Very true

If Merson had said “highly unlikely” someone would have come on here and called him a tool anyway

Anyone with realistic expectations of going unbeaten needs to just relax and enjoy each game as it comes

It’s way too early to be thinking about no losses in 38 games. It’s way too early to dream about May as well

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: October 7, 2019, 04:36:32 pm »
There are many good points (obviously) about this Liverpool side under Klopp.  One of them is the ability to learn from our mistakes.  I can't see us playing at Old trafford in a similar fashion to how we did last year.  On top of that, they're also even worse than they were then, no matter how far-fetched that sounds.

The players and those involved at the club can't, and won't, look beyond the next game, and then the one after that, etc.  But as fans we're allowed to get a little bit giddy, even at this early stage.  Really enjoyed last season's league performance even though we fell short (falling short with 97 points seems like a contradiction in terms), and if anyone can't enjoy the journey when you're winning maybe they should support Everton.  Of course, we also had the slightly unexpected bonus of back to back CL finals and lifting Big Ears for the 6th time.

Yes, it's too early to be thinking about how you're going to celebrate the league win, but anyone being objective would say we're firmly in the driving seat with a decent lead, and our car is the fastest and most reliable (and Ole isn't driving it).

What a time to be a Liverpool fan.

Agree with all of that, but football is a mad game. I thought the injuries to the Mancs in the spring against them ruin our rhythm as it was stop and start for the first 20 minutes, it was an odd game.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: October 7, 2019, 04:43:17 pm »

I'm still convinced we settled for a point at Old Trafford last season knowing that it kept us top of the League. We played so much within ourselves. There is no chance we do that again this time around - they were there for the taking last season but were in the midst of 15 game unbeaten run and had won 8 of their last 9 in the league.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #55 on: October 7, 2019, 04:43:44 pm »
I'm not even sure why I'm biting but, for me at least, any title talk is massively premature. If there were eight games left, then maybe, but eight games in?

I remember the Mancs blitzing their first 10 games and racking up 30 points one season and not winning the league. There is a ridiculously long way to go, and although it's magnificent to view the table at the moment, there will be numerous ups and downs as the season unfolds.

I've learned my lesson with football, so as boring as it sounds, it's just one game at a time for me. It helps keep my expectations reasonable and also helps me maintain my sanity over the whole season.  :rollseyes
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #56 on: October 7, 2019, 04:45:37 pm »
I'm not a big fan of this thread as it is so early in the year, but the yang to the yin of saying that is a comment on the BBC site: "Biggest lead at this stage of a Premier League season".Team top after eight games
Season         Points ahead
Liverpool
2019-20        8

Chelsea
2014-15        5

Newcastle
1995-96         4

Manchester United
1999-00         4

Chelsea
2013-14        4

So a four point lead start is a rare thing, doubling it is a new record.
« Last Edit: October 7, 2019, 04:48:56 pm by markedasred »
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #57 on: October 7, 2019, 04:46:27 pm »
Chasing the title? Already?

30 games to go :/

Online Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: October 7, 2019, 04:47:22 pm »
Very true

If Merson had said “highly unlikely” someone would have come on here and called him a tool anyway

Anyone with realistic expectations of going unbeaten needs to just relax and enjoy each game as it comes

It’s way too early to be thinking about no losses in 38 games. It’s way too early to dream about May as well

I don't think anyone is expecting us to go unbeaten and I don't think anyone will be too upset if we don't. But Merson considers it almost impossible and compares it to the Arsenal invincible.

The point though is that we were damn close last season. As close as it gets to invincible. Even closer than city.

Given how we've started it's a little premature to say it's not possible, especially after it being so close last year.

And why shouldn't we hope or expect it? We're pretty much gonna have to better last year to beat City, and that might well mean going unbeaten

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: October 7, 2019, 04:54:23 pm »
We knew we were gonna be in a title race with City from the moment the first whistle blew in August. We've got a (record-breaking?) lead after 8 games when we were all expecting City to be matching us. We are IN a title race lads. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen (thread)
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #60 on: October 7, 2019, 05:01:03 pm »
We knew we were gonna be in a title race with City from the moment the first whistle blew in August. We've got a (record-breaking?) lead after 8 games when we were all expecting City to be matching us. We are IN a title race lads. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen (thread)
But the heat doesn't genuinely start to build until well after Christmas. The gas is only on a low light at the moment.  ;)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #61 on: October 7, 2019, 05:01:35 pm »
It’s 8 games

Nah it's all over mate. City are toast.
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline Andy G

• has just had sex. Possibly with Martin Tyler
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • They shot the wrong bloody Kennedy
« Reply #62 on: October 7, 2019, 05:15:30 pm »
I love where we are at the moment it couldn't be better 8 games in, but I am certainly not getting carried away with less than a quarter of the season gone, and history tells us a number of reasons to be cautious.

Liverpool have won the league on 11 occasions since United got promoted in 1975.  In those seasons when we were the best team in the land and in Europe for much of it, playing against a much worse United side than the current one on many occasions, our record at Old Trafford is Won 3, Drew 5 and lost 3.  On top of that, in the period since United's promotion up to 1990 (when we dominated everything), we played them on 9 occasions on neutral grounds, including Wembley.  We won only 1 of those, drawing 4 and losing 4.  I therefore do not take a win at Old Trafford as a given in any season - no matter how great we look and how shite they look.

In 1986, United won their first 10 games.  It had been 29 years since they had last won the league and everybody was getting carried away.  They were about 10 points ahead of us after those 10 games, but we ended up doing the double and finishing about 12 points ahead of them.

As mentioned above, City have overcome big leads in 2014 and last year.

Newcastle also gave away a 10 point lead and lost to United after Keegan's rant.

Or 2002/03 season saw us unbeaten after 12 games, winning 9 and drawing 3, leaving us on 30 points - 8 points ahead of eventual winners Manchester United.  We came 5th, some 19 points behind them.

With so many parallels between our history and United's, I am cautious about getting too excited so early on.  I am extremely confident that we can win the league, but the 'will win the league' is a long way off for me.

What is a good sign is that Juergen is no Keegan (my first hero) as a manager, City do look as if they are weaker without De Bruyne and LaPorte.  We will drop points but so will they.  I still believe that the head to heads against the two teams will be the decider - as I have from before the season started, regardless of the current position.

Up the Reds.

Emancipate your selves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #63 on: October 7, 2019, 05:22:34 pm »
It’s 8 games

This is true, but the way city are playing now the gap is more likely to increase than decrease in the near future. I'm much more optimistic than before the season, because City just aren't that good right now. They haven't played this poorly in a long time.

My key worry before the season was injuries, and that still holds. Aside from CB and CM, almost any injury means a pretty significant drop in quality.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #64 on: October 7, 2019, 05:27:52 pm »
I'm not even sure why I'm biting but, for me at least, any title talk is massively premature. If there were eight games left, then maybe, but eight games in?

I remember the Mancs blitzing their first 10 games and racking up 30 points one season and not winning the league. There is a ridiculously long way to go, and although it's magnificent to view the table at the moment, there will be numerous ups and downs as the season unfolds.

I've learned my lesson with football, so as boring as it sounds, it's just one game at a time for me. It helps keep my expectations reasonable and also helps me maintain my sanity over the whole season.  :rollseyes

Also the last time we won our first 8 games we didn’t win the league either. Doesn’t mean it’ll happen again but there’s a long way to go and I’m just enjoying each game as it comes as there is so much to enjoy right now, there’s no need to rush!
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #65 on: October 7, 2019, 05:41:43 pm »
Another aspect that makes me optimistic is that we've had this brilliant form for a long time now. It's no fluke.
The main difference with previous season is Citys form, not ours, and Kompany ain't coming back.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: October 7, 2019, 05:53:01 pm »
What I think in part won the League for City last season and made their incredible end run possible was the sense of inevitability of defeat opposition felt before the game even began. We on the other hand climbed a steep hill in every game we won in that period. Of course they deserved this by being Champions that clocked over 100 points.

Well, this opening run and the winning of No 6, has put us right now in a position where in the next few games we could open the floodgates of dread in other teams thus making the rest of our season slightly simpler.

We look terrifying already, but get 10-12 points from the next four games and others will start to think there is no stopping us. It becomes a cycle feeding itself, a wave we both make and ride. But this upcoming period, especially the very next game, are crucial.

Offline ELEVENREDMEN

• Main Stander
« Reply #67 on: October 7, 2019, 05:57:46 pm »
Take each game as it comes. Long way to go yet.  Our target is no different to what it was 8 games ago which is 95+ points.

City will close it to 5 by the time we play United. Let’s learn our lesson from last season at Old Trafford and be on the front foot, ruthless and go for their throat.

Winning the City game in November would be huge and significantly dent their morale.

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #68 on: October 7, 2019, 06:06:35 pm »
We need to keep calm, one game at a time and keep the pressure on City to ensure that they have to win each game just to maintain our gap to them at 8 points.

I remember 2002/3 we had a similar start to the season and I think 10 games or so unbeaten? Then from around November to January we couldn't win a game. We then clawed back some momentum in the spring but in the end we missed out on CL football, let alone the title which we were in the race for in November.

I'm not saying we will encounter anything like that scenario but it is only 8 games and it is a long way to go. I like our approach and we do have the mentality now to get the win in games that in previous seasons we did not have.

If we get 7 points from Man Utd, Spurs and Villa before the City game that means the gap when we play them will be at least 6 points. Beat them at home or don't lose them the gap is either still 6 points or 9 points. A huge advantage.

But I like our mantra and I believe in Jurgen and the team to keep it going.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: October 7, 2019, 06:31:21 pm »
I've seen both extremes this weekend.  I don't hold with the "hand it to them now" brigade, but equally I've seen those who say, "one slip by Liverpool and City will be galvanised."

both perspectives are ridiculous.

We're eight games in.  It's great to have a 100% record two months into the season but dropping points is inevitable.  Doesn't mean we're going to shit the bed though.

City will come back, but where once they might have settled for a draw against us they now have to play for the win.

I wish I could settle for a draw at the Emptyhad, but we have to play for the win.  Beat them at their place then maybe we see where we're at. Plenty of games to worry about before we get to them.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: October 7, 2019, 06:43:45 pm »

Just have to wait for Lovren to say it for everyone to blame him on it not happening.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: October 7, 2019, 06:46:06 pm »

Did we? There was plenty of fannies being fannies about the fact we didn't sign anyone.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Mini Soda Scousephile

• Give us a snog, now.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • At the end of the storm there's a golden sky
« Reply #72 on: October 7, 2019, 06:47:23 pm »
It's been a magical start to the season, that's for certain.

Let it long continue.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: October 7, 2019, 07:03:28 pm »
Just trying to enjoy this as it comes. I've only been a fan for slightly less than a decade and just in that time span, to see how far we've come from Hodgson as my first manager of the club to where we are now is remarkable. It's not always going to be like this. It's not always going to be this enjoyable. We're not always going to have an absolute legend as our manager. We may never have the best defender in the world, the best forward line in the world and the best goalkeeper in the world in the same squad ever again. We really are living in wonderful times as fans of this club.

I'm certainly thankful for the 8 point gap on City since we will drop points at various times of the season and they won't always be without De Bruyne, Sane and Laporte.

One game at a time though for me and all about soaking it in as much as I can.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Korbflechter

• Main Stander
« Reply #74 on: October 7, 2019, 07:09:01 pm »
It's going pretty well so far, can't say anything else. No we're on to Manchester. What I like the most about this constellation is that we're going there not with the burden of a whatevernumberitis winning streak, but with the anger and disappointment about last season's performance there. Probably going to be talked about more than the current situation and I like that. Just hope Kloppo's not going to say we have something to make up for ahead of the game ;D Everytime I remember him saying that, be it here or at Dortmund, things seemed to not go quite so well.
Let's break them down, just the way we did at Anfield a year ago. Keep getting shots on target and have our front three lurking on the second balls to put the pressure on De Gea to either hold on to the ball or put it out of their reach.
No Lukaku to deal with of course means put pressure on their CBs and handle the long balls. We go again.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #75 on: October 7, 2019, 07:12:45 pm »
You only win the title in the final game, you earn the chance to win the title over the other 37 games, and thus far, we are earning the title.

Used to be 42, but we've gone all cosmopolitan.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #76 on: October 7, 2019, 07:23:07 pm »
You only win the title in the final game, you earn the chance to win the title over the other 37 games, and thus far, we are earning the title.

Used to be 42, but we've gone all cosmopolitan.
Not quite. If no one can level or overhaul your points tally then you win the title before the final game.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: October 7, 2019, 07:29:43 pm »
Hilarious seeing Neville having a meltdown. Before the season he still maintained that United would win the title again before us. Now he's saying that there's no way we shouldn't win it from here. His lame attempts to heap pressure on us in a bid to deflect from his team being shite is beyond tiresome.

Anyway, win the next 4 and I will start getting carried away.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: October 7, 2019, 07:31:30 pm »
Not getting too ahead of myself but if we do win, it will be  procession, wrapped up with plenty games to spare

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: October 7, 2019, 07:36:05 pm »
I'm enjoying our great start as much as anyone. As a football fan I'm delighted about the position we are in. You have to take your enjoyment where you can, and it's OK to love what has been happening so far. Mind you, enjoying the start we have made doesn't mean we assume anything. It has to be one game at a time. Always has been, always will be.

8 points ahead is great, but it can easily be overcome. Man City could beat us twice and then it's neck and neck. Man Utd will be 50% better against us, simply because it's us, and we are riding a bit of a wave right now. They will be well up for it. Spurs have been struggling, unusually for them, but they are still a very good side and they will be wanting to show what they can do against us too, especially after we beat them in the final of the CL.

One game at a time. Hope is rising, and it's great to be a red. But one game at a time.