Author Topic: General Election on June 8th  (Read 414626 times)

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
Re: General Election on June 8th
« Reply #4040 on: May 27, 2017, 02:55:25 pm »

Considering that MI5 have a big folder about him yet he passed security vetting for the Privy Council I doubt there's much in it really.

There are three main levels in UKSV and there may well be other variants for certain defence industry contractors.

None are required for Privy Council.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Online goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #4041 on: May 27, 2017, 02:56:53 pm »

The collusion between Unionist paramilitaries and the army have been investigated. Would you want a similar investigation of Corbyn's relationship with the IRA?

Sorry Alan, I didn't ignore this bit earlier, I just missed it until it was quoted by Cloggypop just now.

I don't think there was ever an investigation into the respective Prime Ministers roles in these collusions so its not quite the same. But I personally would have no problem with an investigation into his relationship with the IRA if there were any suggestions that he had broken the law either directly or through facilitation.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4042 on: May 27, 2017, 02:57:07 pm »
My own views on Corbyn's relationship with the IRA and assorted Islamists have been made perfectly clear in these threads over the last couple of years. I think it's a disgrace that a man who claims to be a pacifist yet has regularly supported the most brutal nationalists, fascists and other assorted scumbags is leader of the Labour Party. The fact of the matter is, Jeremy Corbyn and to a greater extent John McDonnell, are terrorist sympathisers.

I don't think pointing this out is working as an attack line, though. It isn't sticking.

What about May's support of the Saudi's?

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4043 on: May 27, 2017, 02:59:29 pm »
That doesn't really help Corbyn though does it? Unless you're saying it was fine for the intelligence services to do that. It's just whataboutery.

The collusion between Unionist paramilitaries and the army have been investigated. Would you want a similar investigation of Corbyn's relationship with the IRA?

Alot of it hasn't. The Dublin and Monaghan bombings being a prime example.

Are you implying he aided the IRA in some capacity?

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #4044 on: May 27, 2017, 03:02:24 pm »
What about May's support of the Saudi's?

Read the first two words of your post, put them together and stick 'ery' on the end and you have my response to that.

I have never and never will defend the West's relationship with Saudi Arabia. As much as I identify as a Labour 'moderate' (whatever you take that to mean), I was ashamed when the 'moderate' section of the party refused to vote against selling weapons to Saudi Arabia. It's on par with Putin selling weapons to Assad in my books and there's no defence for it. Watching Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson defend it with "they'll just buy them off someone else anyway" particularly boiled my blood.

So that's my position. I try to be consistent on these issues. But "what about May and the Saudis" or "what about Blair and Iraq" does not make Corbyn's past any less shameful, especially given he was essentially pulling all that shite as a hobby rather than engaging in any sort of diplomatic process.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 03:04:41 pm by TravisBickle »
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4046 on: May 27, 2017, 03:06:03 pm »
Corbyn has run has decent campaign so far, much better than May, and it's showing in the polls.

He can't take back what he's said or done it the past, but he can control what he says now and in the future.

My main issue with regards to Coryn and his dubious links, is the hypocrisy of it all.  He claims to be anti-war, his supporters go on like he's the reincarnation of Jesus Christ, and every saint under the sun.  I've had so many arguments on social media about this very thing.

He should just come out and be honest about it.

I find him to be a fraud.

It doesn't look like any of the "dirt" has stuck to him anyway, judging by the latest polls.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 03:11:16 pm by Red-Soldier »

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #4047 on: May 27, 2017, 03:07:46 pm »
And yet David Owen says that being a member is accepted as being positively vetted.

https://books.google.nl/books?id=FRRvBAAAQBAJ&pg=PT28&lpg=PT28&dq=are+privy+council+vetted&source=bl&ots=uHvFArQKzK&sig=7R9vAAbO8Itiv-ISarmneLZ6gdQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj1j6GAnpDUAhVKLVAKHc_RD-MQ6AEITzAG#v=onepage&q=are%20privy%20council%20vetted&f=false

Like Ministerial appointments, it's self policed.

He would not have been through any interview process since they are all meant to be Honourable Gentlemen so their word and honour and loyalty are meant to be good...(stop laughing at the back..)

Is there a file on him? I imagine the answer is absofuckinglutely, and it will be a big one.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4048 on: May 27, 2017, 03:10:49 pm »
Like Ministerial appointments, it's self policed.

He would not have been through any interview process since they are all meant to be Honourable Gentlemen so their word and honour and loyalty are meant to be good...(stop laughing at the back..)

Is there a file on him? I imagine the answer is absofuckinglutely, and it will be a big one.
I don't think anyone has officially confirmed it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/mi5-jeremy-corbyn-files-kept-ira-sympathies-a7745966.html

Of course there is though.

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4049 on: May 27, 2017, 03:11:43 pm »
Read the first two words of your post, put them together and stick 'ery' on the end and you have my response to that.

I have never and never will defend the West's relationship with Saudi Arabia. As much as I identify as a Labour 'moderate' (whatever you take that to mean), I was ashamed when the 'moderate' section of the party refused to vote against selling weapons to Saudi Arabia. It's on par with Putin selling weapons to Assad in my books and there's no defence for it. Watching Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson defend it with "they'll just buy them off someone else anyway" particularly boiled my blood.

So that's my position. I try to be consistent on these issues. But "what about May and the Saudis" or "what about Blair and Iraq" does not make Corbyn's past any less shameful, especially given he was essentially pulling all that shite as a hobby rather than engaging in any sort of diplomatic process.

There's a lack of balance in your condemnation. As an aside, you must be appalled by Britain's conduct across various continents over the last number of decades. Probably not a discussion for here though so I'll bow out.

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #4050 on: May 27, 2017, 03:13:08 pm »
Not IRA talki again haven't this been talked about on here for 2 years now.

On so many different locked Labour threads if it was going to make a difference to the election it would had taken effect a long time before now.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 03:16:38 pm by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #4051 on: May 27, 2017, 03:13:42 pm »
There's a lack of balance in your condemnation. As an aside, you must be appalled by Britain's conduct across various continents over the last number of decades. Probably not a discussion for here though so I'll bow out.

How is there a lack of balance? Britain selling weapons to Saudi Arabia is wrong, Britain flying the flag at half mast for their dead monarch is disgusting, Britain bowing to a fascist, gay-hating, misogynistic theocracy is shameful.

Still doesn't change the fact that Corbyn is a terrorist-sympathising weasel dressed up as a pacifist, though, does it?
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4052 on: May 27, 2017, 03:14:23 pm »

Your attempt to be consistent is admirable. However its a very difficult task.

For instance you seem to be able to tolerate ( as in continue to support) the "moderates" despite them arming the Saudis. So you must not believe that voting as they did defines them. By the same standards you must consider Corbyn's "support" of the IRA as not defining him in any way. That might be whataboutery too but its also a very fair point imo.

No problem at all with your ideological opposition to Corbyn btw but when you look at it a bit closer I don't think that any of us are consistent when it comes to this stuff. It always depends, at least in some way, on where we are coming from.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #4053 on: May 27, 2017, 03:19:35 pm »
Your attempt to be consistent is admirable. However its a very difficult.

For instance you seem to be able to tolerate ( as in continue to support) the "moderates" despite them arming the Saudis. So you must not believe that voting as they did defines them. By the same standards you must consider Corbyn's "support" of the IRA as not defining him in any way. That might be whataboutery too but its also a very fair point imo.

No problem at all with your ideological opposition to Corbyn btw but when you look at it a bit closer I don't think that any of us are consistent when it comes to this stuff. It always depends, at least in some way, on where we are coming from.

It is indeed difficult. I happily condemn the 'moderate' section of the party when I feel they betray the values the Labour Party is supposed to uphold but you're right, I don't define them by it. Is that hypocrisy? Perhaps. Some would (understandably) say it's undoubtedly hypocritical and I respect that completely.

The reason I allow Corbyn's past to define him is because it fits into a wider pattern of behaviour - supporting fringe, violent groups in the name of anti-imperialism is what he has always done. "Moderates" refusing to vote against selling weapons to Saudi Arabia was a shameful but ultimately petty act. If it fitted into a long line of similar incidents which pointed to a worldview which I thought was shameful and hypocritical then I would happily judge them by it. In fact, there are some MP's from the right of the party who I do think betray Labour values. And I condemn them.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 03:23:16 pm by TravisBickle »

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4054 on: May 27, 2017, 03:21:36 pm »

Much of our foreign policy has not been good at all, on many levels, under both, Labour and Tory governments.

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4055 on: May 27, 2017, 03:34:53 pm »
It is indeed difficult. I happily condemn the 'moderate' section of the party when I feel they betray the values the Labour Party is supposed to uphold but you're right, I don't define them by it. Is that hypocrisy? Perhaps. Some would (understandably) say it's undoubtedly hypocritical and I respect that completely.

The reason I allow Corbyn's past to define him is because it fits into a wider pattern of behaviour - supporting fringe, violent groups in the name of anti-imperialism is what he has always done. "Moderates" refusing to vote against selling weapons to Saudi Arabia was a shameful but ultimately petty act. If it fitted into a long line of similar incidents which defined their worldview I would happily judge them by it.

I suppose that's the difference, for those of us who recognise British foreign Policy as predominately self-serving (well it would be wouldn't it?!) and only motivated to a small degree by the greater good, the arming of the Saudis does fit into a pattern. As I said its a case of where we are coming from.

I do appreciate your perspective here though.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 03:36:39 pm by goalrushatgoodison »

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #4056 on: May 27, 2017, 03:49:27 pm »
It's spelled 'honour' and what are you on about? What's a cop out? The UK is part of 'The West'.

Not any more. We voted to leave. Apparently leaving the West will save billions that can ploughed into the NHS. Also all of the immigrants found our current position.

Apparently UKIP watched lost, and think that our economy could be based on hunting polar bears. Plus time travel really would allow them to return to the 1950s.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #4057 on: May 27, 2017, 04:02:56 pm »

I suppose that's the difference, for those of us who recognise British foreign Policy as predominately self-serving (well it would be wouldn't it?!) and only motivated to a small degree by the greater good, the arming of the Saudis does fit into a pattern. As I said its a case of where we are coming from.

I do appreciate your perspective here though.

Intervening in Kosovo was motivated by the greater good. Failing to intervene in Bosnia (which Corbyn supported) certainly did not help anyone. Not intervening in Syria (again, Corbyn obviously supports it) has not helped the Syrian people one jot and has only allowed extremism to flourish. The invasion of Afghanistan was indeed motivated by self interest but British troops helped to do a hell of a lot of good there - even more so before we and the US became distracated by Iraq, which was obviously a moral and political catastrophe.

There are so many shades of grey in this area. I appreciate that. I just don't appreciate Corbyn being held up as a prophet for his warnings on Iraq, or the whataboutery so many of his supporters use to defend him.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4058 on: May 27, 2017, 04:04:22 pm »
Can't stop watching that Fallon interview. Fucking beautiful.

Can tell he's barely even listening, just sent out as an attack dog and horribly exposed.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #4059 on: May 27, 2017, 04:11:50 pm »
Intervening in Kosovo was motivated by the greater good. Failing to intervene in Bosnia (which Corbyn supported) certainly did not help anyone. Not intervening in Syria (again, Corbyn obviously supports it) has not helped the Syrian people one jot and has only allowed extremism to flourish. The invasion of Afghanistan was indeed motivated by self interest but British troops helped to do a hell of a lot of good there - even more so before we and the US became distracated by Iraq, which was obviously a moral and political catastrophe.

There are so many shades of grey in this area. I appreciate that. I just don't appreciate Corbyn being held up as a prophet for his warnings on Iraq, or the whataboutery so many of his supporters use to defend him.

As you say, shades of grey. Perhaps Corbyn's support for a united Ireland was motivated by the greater good. And perhaps intervening in Kosovo could be seen as supporting Islamic terrorism:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosovo_Liberation_Army
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 04:15:54 pm by BoRed »

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #4060 on: May 27, 2017, 04:14:42 pm »
Voting in favour of bombing of Iraq and Syria knowing there'd be large civilian casualties.

Do you understand what 'terrorism' means? Are you saying that the RAF are deliberately targeting civilians?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #4061 on: May 27, 2017, 04:16:40 pm »

The reason I allow Corbyn's past to define him is because it fits into a wider pattern of behaviour - supporting fringe, violent groups in the name of anti-imperialism is what he has always done. "Moderates" refusing to vote against selling weapons to Saudi Arabia was a shameful but ultimately petty act. If it fitted into a long line of similar incidents which pointed to a worldview which I thought was shameful and hypocritical then I would happily judge them by it. In fact, there are some MP's from the right of the party who I do think betray Labour values. And I condemn them.

But surely the most important thing here is to get the Labour Party into power and reduce the outragous damage that the Conservative Party is doing to the UK and its people?

I actually think you'd be gutted if Labour won
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #4062 on: May 27, 2017, 04:25:19 pm »
But surely the most important thing here is to get the Labour Party into power and reduce the outragous damage that the Conservative Party is doing to the UK and its people?

I actually think you'd be gutted if Labour won

What a bizarre statement. Most of my criticism of Corbyn has been based around the fact he can't dislodge the Tories and stop the damage you rightly talk about. If I'm wrong then I will 1) never talk about politics on these boards again and 2) be pleased we have a Labour government once more.

It still wouldn't change the fact Corbyn is unfit to be prime minister, however. I'll take him over May but he's still shamefully, woefully incompetent.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4063 on: May 27, 2017, 04:29:12 pm »
Sorry Alan, I didn't ignore this bit earlier, I just missed it until it was quoted by Cloggypop just now.

I don't think there was ever an investigation into the respective Prime Ministers roles in these collusions so its not quite the same. But I personally would have no problem with an investigation into his relationship with the IRA if there were any suggestions that he had broken the law either directly or through facilitation.

There was. The investigation into Pat Finucane for example showed collusion between elements in the army and the unionist paramilitaries but didn't find there was an overarching state conspiracy.
Nhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-20662412

Alot of it hasn't. The Dublin and Monaghan bombings being a prime example.

Are you implying he aided the IRA in some capacity?

For what it's worth I don't think he was actively involved in anything operational. That's not who he is. But he gave political support and supported their aim of a united Ireland.

I think an investigation would almost certainly show that he had no involvement with the peace process as he claims.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4064 on: May 27, 2017, 04:31:41 pm »
Not IRA talki again haven't this been talked about on here for 2 years now.

On so many different locked Labour threads if it was going to make a difference to the election it would had taken effect a long time before now.

If Corbyn had dealt with it honestly as I suggested two years ago it would be old news. Instead he's still equivocating and telling stories about being part of the peace process that aren't credible.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4065 on: May 27, 2017, 04:43:31 pm »

Yes, its an incredibly complex issue to put it mildly.

I certainly wouldn't be holding up anybody as a prophet for their warnings on Iraq. Ultimately, most of those who opposed the Iraq war didn't do so because they didn't believe Sadaam had chemical weapons. Likewise most of those who did support it didn't do so because they thought he had. As is normal in these matters, both sides were mainly motivated by ideological beliefs and concerns. As we obviously don't have any counter factual, at least with regard to the continuing rise of Islamic extremism, on how things would have went if the war didn't happen, saying one side or the other was right on Iraq can never be definitive. What we can say is that the reason put forward for invasion was proved to be false. But that's not the reason people coming from Corbyn's perspective would have opposed the war in the first place. 

Just on whataboutery, I have never understood why this term is brought into debates as to somebody's fitness to be leader of a country. If you are merely condemning somebody's moral compass or the content of their character, for instance, then whataboutery is not a suitable reply. But in many other scenarios, for example if you are talking about somebody's fitness to lead, surely comparisons are appropriate.

With regard to a person's fitness to lead, than surely the actions of other leaders who have been generally accepted as fit to lead should be a better barometer than some subjective metric imposed by one side or the other.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 04:56:05 pm by goalrushatgoodison »

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #4066 on: May 27, 2017, 05:38:54 pm »
For the people who like these.

Britain Elects‏ @britainelects 3m3 minutes ago

Westminster voting intention:

CON: 45% (-1)
LAB: 35% (+2)
LDEM: 7% (-1)
UKIP: 5% (-)

(via @OpiniumResearch / 23 - 25 May)

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4067 on: May 27, 2017, 05:42:50 pm »
For the people who like these.

Britain Elects‏ @britainelects 3m3 minutes ago

CON: 45% (-1)
LAB: 35% (+2)
LDEM: 7% (-1)

(via @OpiniumResearch / 23 - 25 May)

Do you think they are biased?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #4068 on: May 27, 2017, 05:48:49 pm »
Do you think they are biased?

I just don't take any notice of them.

Even if Labour went ahead in the polls I will still think the Tories will win.

Had to many disappointing elections. Can't ever remember one going the way I voted.

The really interesting thing you can take from them is its turned into a totally Red V Blue election the other parties seemed to have been totally squeezed out of it.

Maybe its because for the first time in years there is a huge difference between the two Manifestos. 
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 05:52:19 pm by Trada »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4069 on: May 27, 2017, 05:59:16 pm »
I just don't take any notice of them.

Even if Labour went ahead in the polls I will still think the Tories will win.

Had to many disappointing elections. Can't ever remember one going the way I voted.

The really interesting thing you can take from them is its turned into a totally Red V Blue election the other parties seemed to have been totally squeezed out of it.

Maybe its because for the first time in years there is a huge difference between the two Manifestos. 
That's a very true point.  The two main parties will gain more of the vote than they have for a long time.....

So, a higher vote share might actually be a really poor result.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #4070 on: May 27, 2017, 06:03:07 pm »
 Britain Elects‏ @britainelects
Replying to @britainelects @OpiniumResearch

Approval / Disapproval ratings of...

T. May: 45 / 34
J. Corbyn: 31 / 42
T. Farron: 17 / 40
P. Nuttall: 11 / 47

@OpiniumResearch, 23-24 May

A week ago.

Britain Elects‏ @britainelects May 13

T. May: 47 / 32
J. Corbyn: 23 / 51
T. Farron: 16 / 37
P. Nuttall: 9 / 47

(via @OpiniumResearch)

From last poll:

May -4
Corbyn +17
Farron -2
Nuttall +2
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 06:06:03 pm by Trada »

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4071 on: May 27, 2017, 06:04:11 pm »
Britain Elects‏ @britainelects
Replying to @britainelects @OpiniumResearch

T. May: 45 / 34
J. Corbyn: 31 / 42
T. Farron: 17 / 40
P. Nuttall: 11 / 47

@OpiniumResearch, 23-24 May

A week ago.

Britain Elects‏ @britainelects May 13

T. May: 47 / 32
J. Corbyn: 23 / 51
T. Farron: 16 / 37
P. Nuttall: 9 / 47

(via @OpiniumResearch)

Check out the approval ratings of the home secretary candidates...
W

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4072 on: May 27, 2017, 06:09:20 pm »
There was. The investigation into Pat Finucane for example showed collusion between elements in the army and the unionist paramilitaries but didn't find there was an overarching state conspiracy.
http://Http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-20662412

That's fair enough.

I wasnt suggesting there was a state conspiracy, it would be foolish to assert that anyhow because it would be virtually impossible to prove, even if it was true.

My general point here is not the specifics of what a prime minister would have known but more about the fact that the world and his wife knew there was collusion but it doesn't appear ( because it continued) that any prime minister done anything to either stop it, or to seriously investigate it, while the conflict was ongoing.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4073 on: May 27, 2017, 06:09:40 pm »
I think Amber Rudd is a right twat if that helps.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4074 on: May 27, 2017, 06:13:47 pm »
I think Amber Rudd is a right twat if that helps.
I don't disagree, but Abort's ratings are hilarious..
W

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #4075 on: May 27, 2017, 06:14:35 pm »
I don't disagree, but Abort's ratings are hilarious..

No matter how pathetic she is, that is out of order.

EDIT: we do not need a chorus of condemnation. I am pulling rank, there is no discussion to be had. It is out of order.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 06:22:01 pm by SP »

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4076 on: May 27, 2017, 06:25:44 pm »

Still think a way for Corbyn to shore up some swing voters and reassure some cynics is to drop his absolutely fucking hopeless mates McDonnell and Abbott and replace them in the big two jobs with some vaguely competent MPs. Will never happen though.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #4077 on: May 27, 2017, 06:26:47 pm »

EDIT: we do not need a chorus of condemnation. I am pulling rank, there is no discussion to be had. It is out of order.

To be fair, I think it's a typo.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #4078 on: May 27, 2017, 06:30:42 pm »

CON: 46% (-2)
LAB: 34% (+4)
LDEM: 8% (-2)
GRN: 2% (-1)

(via @ComRes / 24 - 26 May)

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4079 on: May 27, 2017, 06:37:49 pm »

Apologies... I did only mean it in the sense of cancel rather than a more sinister sense.
W