Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 586718 times)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #3200 on: September 4, 2018, 05:01:14 pm »

These days! He's been injured more often than not for the best part of 2 years.

See Wige's response above for a breakdown of his starts.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #3201 on: September 4, 2018, 05:14:37 pm »
What a shame. And it's another groin injury which basically hampered him for the best part of over a year. Is it a recurring injury? He never seemed like he was even anywhere close the player from seasons prior everytime he came back last season, even with ample time to regain fitness after coming back from injury. Wildly off the pace and I suspect maybe that's why we've not seen him at all this season too and now this happens.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3202 on: September 4, 2018, 05:15:45 pm »
What a shame. And it's another groin injury which basically hampered him for the best part of over a year. Is it a recurring injury? He never seemed like he was even anywhere close the player from seasons prior everytime he came back last season, even with ample time to regain fitness after coming back from injury. Wildly off the pace and I suspect maybe that's why we've not seen him at all this season too and now this happens.

We don't know how serious it is at the moment, so it might only be a minor injury.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3203 on: September 4, 2018, 05:17:43 pm »
I hate pointless internationals at the best of times for the September ones should all be binned.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3204 on: September 4, 2018, 05:18:17 pm »
I hate pointless internationals at the best of times for the September ones should all be binned.

and we have another International break next month!

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #3205 on: September 4, 2018, 05:19:02 pm »
Gutted for the lad but agree with the calls for his international retirement.

He's facing more club competition than ever currently, so needs to think about this.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3206 on: September 4, 2018, 05:19:09 pm »
and we have another International break next month!

Annoying as fuck,especially so after a summer tournament.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #3207 on: September 4, 2018, 05:19:57 pm »
He’s having a tough time with injuries recently, probably should call time on his England career if he wants to prolong his club career.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3208 on: September 4, 2018, 05:20:12 pm »

It would be bad enough if he was injured during an actual match it would be bad enough but it's adding insult to injury picking it up in training.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #3209 on: September 4, 2018, 05:21:41 pm »
Annoying as fuck,especially so after a summer tournament.

There's absolutely no point in having them. They're only having them for the sake of having them.

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #3210 on: September 4, 2018, 05:23:05 pm »
To be honest even if stays fully fit he'll hardly play all season.

All these players are ahead of him

Mo, firminho, mane, sturidge,shaqiri,fabinho,keita,hendo,milner,gini.
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3211 on: September 4, 2018, 05:23:06 pm »
Feels like a lay off for Lallana in the Autumn for a while is common.

Hopefully its not too serious. The midfield could do with his ability.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3212 on: September 4, 2018, 05:28:47 pm »
Not sure how anyone can blame the international break and having to go play for his country.  It's not like this was sprung at the last minute and he was forced to go.  At some point in any athletes career age eventually catches up to you.  Hopefully that's not the case for Lallana though it sure is seemingly likely.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3213 on: September 4, 2018, 05:39:22 pm »
why is lallana called up for england in the 1st place ? He hasn't started any of our matches.....didn't even make the bench for a few.....
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3214 on: September 4, 2018, 05:46:30 pm »
Were they testing his resolve?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3215 on: September 4, 2018, 05:51:20 pm »
Reading pages 12,13,14,15 of this thread is depressing because he was so good, our best player before he got injured.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #3216 on: September 4, 2018, 05:57:45 pm »
They should bin these international breaks and just have a bigger summer break so they can actual properly train with their international teams. I cant see how 12 days of being together as a team 4 times a year helps any team come together. Do a six week break in January maybe!

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3217 on: September 4, 2018, 06:05:34 pm »
It's pretty bad I'm afraid
He's missed 30% ish of his possible games due to injury ... and the ratio in the last 2 years is much worse.. and that's not including spells where he's been a sub or playing but coming back to full fitness
This is his 11th hip or groin injury!

It's not great, but most of that 30% comes from the last season. Obviously you'd rather he'd missed nearly the entirety of a season 4 years ago, then been injury free, rather than missing almost an entire season at his age. We'll see how bad this one is, but still, I think we'll see more of him this season than is being made out by some. I'm expecting at least 20 appearances. Maybe 30+ if he is able to get anywhere near his 16/17 level.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3218 on: September 4, 2018, 06:08:42 pm »
To be honest even if stays fully fit he'll hardly play all season.

All these players are ahead of him

Mo, firminho, mane, sturidge,shaqiri,fabinho,keita,hendo,milner,gini.

Half of those players don't even play remotely the same position as Lallana.  ???
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3219 on: September 4, 2018, 06:15:41 pm »
Half of those players don't even play remotely the same position as Lallana.  ???

Yeah precisely, the list is more like:

Keita, Shaqiri, Gini, maybe Milner, maybe, maybe, maybe Hendo.

Lallana would be picked to start ahead of Curtis Jones, so not including him.

With a weekend/midweek fixture list until January, and probably/hopefully continuing like that from February, there are plenty and plenty of minutes available as an 8. Maybe even a 10 if we line up with different players.

I can't see how anyone is questioning his ability or capacity to contribute. Fitness is a different story.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3220 on: September 4, 2018, 06:16:23 pm »
Don't understand why he even got picked. He's hardly played any competitive football in 6 months.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3221 on: September 4, 2018, 06:16:44 pm »
Not sure how anyone can blame the international break and having to go play for his country.  It's not like this was sprung at the last minute and he was forced to go.  At some point in any athletes career age eventually catches up to you.  Hopefully that's not the case for Lallana though it sure is seemingly likely.

You don't find it irritating how a player can train with us for 11 weeks odd without issue and then be wiped out on day 1 of training with the national team?

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3222 on: September 4, 2018, 06:18:00 pm »
Total waste of time this lad now unfortunately and nowhere near good enough that we should put up with the constant injuries. Hopefully we move on in January.

You’ll never walk alone.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3223 on: September 4, 2018, 06:18:47 pm »
You don't find it irritating how a player can train with us for 11 weeks odd without issue and then be wiped out on day 1 of training with the national team?

It happened when it happened, it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with him being with England.

Offline Antoine Lavoisier

• Anny Roader
  • the torchlight red on sweaty faces
« Reply #3224 on: September 4, 2018, 06:23:13 pm »
Injured on the training ground, on his own, Cruyff turning himself into a hole.
And in short, I was afraid

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #3225 on: September 4, 2018, 08:42:35 pm »
I like Lallana and at one point thought he was our most creative midfielder. I just don't know if he has enough left in him to really challenge here though. I'd love him to get back to his playing form from 2015-16, but it just seems that his body can't handle it anymore. He never had Milner's fitness levels so those comparisons are redundant, but I feel that even with International retirement, he doesn't have more than a couple seasons at a high level left in him. It might be time for him to go to a team that is less explosive and less demanding on his body. This season will be telling whether he can be part of the future or whether its sunset for his liverpool career. Terrific player, but his body's let him down in recent times and with the injury break he's had at his age, it's not going to be easy getting back to match fitness even if he gets fit. Every time he's come on in the last year he's looked really rusty and it'll only get worse with every game he can't play. Hope he turns it around, but its a shame how it panned out.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #3226 on: September 4, 2018, 09:04:21 pm »
Really rate him, and its a shame to see him injured already. Hopefully he won't miss much more than the Tottenham game. My concern is at this point, its been over 15 months since Lallana had an impressive game for us (largely down to injuries), but that is very worrying. He was so good before getting injured, too. Hopefully its a case like Hendo rather than Sturridge.

We're going into a heavy schedule of games, playing 7 times in 24 days against some very strong teams.

Hopefully Fabinho picks up the system. That way at least theres Fabinho, Hendo, Gini, Milner and Keita.
We can't go into that run of fixtures with 4 midfielders fit.

What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3227 on: September 4, 2018, 09:11:25 pm »
Really rate him, and its a shame to see him injured already. Hopefully he won't miss much more than the Tottenham game. My concern is at this point, its been over 15 months since Lallana had an impressive game for us (largely down to injuries), but that is very worrying. He was so good before getting injured, too. Hopefully its a case like Hendo rather than Sturridge.

We're going into a heavy schedule of games, playing 7 times in 24 days against some very strong teams.

Hopefully Fabinho picks up the system. That way at least theres Fabinho, Hendo, Gini, Milner and Keita.
We can't go into that run of fixtures with 4 midfielders fit.

We wouldn't. We have Shaqiri who can do a job, then Jones and Gruijic as well.

Not ideal options, but I think you could get away with rotating one in here and there, maybe a couple in the Southampton and LC games.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3228 on: September 4, 2018, 09:24:14 pm »

Not really.  As odd as it may seem the national team does actually want players to play.  He's trained yet has shown no consistency in a year that he can actually play week in and week out.  Odds are this would have happened here at LFC anyway until proven differently.
« Last Edit: September 4, 2018, 09:47:22 pm by BrandoLFC »

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3229 on: September 4, 2018, 09:30:28 pm »
Not looking good for him at all.
Lost a year to injuries, lost his place and now again kicking off the season with an injury.
Hope he's back from this soon and with a bit between his teeth - he'll need a lot of luck and grit going ahead.

Oh yes, fuck international football and everything about it.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #3230 on: September 4, 2018, 09:56:27 pm »
We wouldn't. We have Shaqiri who can do a job, then Jones and Gruijic as well.

Not ideal options, but I think you could get away with rotating one in here and there, maybe a couple in the Southampton and LC games.

Mate we're not playing Jones against PSG away. Our starting midfield is on par with theirs, but fatigue and injuries and we're in trouble.

Grujic plays football in Germany for Hertha Berlin.

What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3231 on: September 4, 2018, 09:59:06 pm »
Mate we're not playing Jones against PSG away. Our starting midfield is on par with theirs, but fatigue and injuries and we're in trouble.

Yup, however you can use Shaqiri in front of the 2 in the middle if you like, you can make adjustments with the formation, we aren't without options.

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3232 on: September 4, 2018, 10:30:21 pm »
Am I alone in forgetting, now and again, that he actually plays for us?
Poor lad with injuries.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3233 on: September 4, 2018, 10:32:12 pm »
Am I alone in forgetting, now and again, that he actually plays for us?
Poor lad with injuries.
Yes, you are.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3234 on: September 4, 2018, 10:32:53 pm »

The Gruijic point is an excellent one! Forgive my shite memory.

Wasn't suggesting we'd play Jones (or Shaqiri, or the aforementioned non-existent Gruijic) against PSG. Rather, in the Southampton and LC games, which gives the other first choice midfielders the vital rest they'll need during this run.

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3235 on: September 4, 2018, 10:45:42 pm »
Yes, you are.
(Quote)

Bit of a knee jerk reaction there. I’m being sympathetic- he’s too big a talent for LFC to miss him with regular injuries.
« Last Edit: September 4, 2018, 10:48:06 pm by stjohns »

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3236 on: September 4, 2018, 10:46:48 pm »
He needs to quit internationals Im  afraid.

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3237 on: September 4, 2018, 10:49:02 pm »
These September internationals are tiresome irrelevant distractions. Lallana probably thought he had more chance of a game  with England than with us.

Can't understand people getting irritated with the lad . Nobody 's more pissed off and frustrated than him.

And another thing. Klopp knows if and when a player should be moved on. Not the backroom FIFA 2018 management commitee.

Offline the_cote_kid

• Main Stander
« Reply #3238 on: September 4, 2018, 11:19:54 pm »
Reading pages 12,13,14,15 of this thread is depressing because he was so good, our best player before he got injured.

When was this in your opinion?

It's been 2 years since he was last a useful contributor to our team and we have massively improved throughout that period.

Nice lad and everything but this is why we needed a Fekir-type player to replace him in the squad this season.

Or what Amanshah21 said.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #3239 on: September 4, 2018, 11:26:36 pm »
I think that his international days are behind him, I'm afraid. Needs to announce his retirement from them.

Still a great option for the team however, and I think he's still got a couple of useful seasons for us if only he can stay fit. Good luck to him.

Anyway......... who would put Klopps bins out?