Author Topic: MoTD thread  (Read 659010 times)

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: MOTD thread
« Reply #4240 on: December 26, 2018, 11:18:12 pm »
Solskjaer speaks very well and the results speak for themselves

Very impressed

Very worried

I'd give him the job full-time.  Clearly the man for the position.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4241 on: December 26, 2018, 11:18:44 pm »
Phil Neville’s fighting back the urge to break into a chorus of “Glory, Glory Man United” here...

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #4242 on: December 26, 2018, 11:19:44 pm »
They don't show anywhere near enough football.  They show the goals and a couple of near misses, and then have their shit pundits rattle on for 6 or 7 minutes - often analysing stuff they didn't even show in the highlights.

It’s been the same amount of football for years. Nothing’s changed.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4243 on: December 26, 2018, 11:20:53 pm »
I'd give him the job full-time.  Clearly the man for the position.

I honestly hope not

Ole gets the club, they want to score goals, United way swagger, after two try and score three, young swagger players and handshakes, pointing swag best midfielder in Europe.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline gemofabird

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4244 on: December 26, 2018, 11:20:54 pm »
Phil Neville’s fighting back the urge to break into a chorus of “Glory, Glory Man United” here...
And being given the platform to do it in Salford's finest...

Compare that analysis with the league leaders earlier...
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4245 on: December 26, 2018, 11:21:21 pm »
In its essence they’ve got a manager who is sub league two level.

The scrotum faced little quim has basically stripped them of tactical constraints and just let them attack as and when they want.

Woo hoo.

And as a result they are beating the shite that they were struggling against with Maureen’s turgid bus ball.

However. This loosening of the tactical shackles could well come back to haunt them when they face a team they can’t steam roller, letting players just express themselves is unlikely to be effective when they meet decent sides from the top half of the table
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline MULLENEDWINE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4246 on: December 26, 2018, 11:21:53 pm »

Haha #cultureclub #knowswhatitmeans #huddersfieldarewherewebaseourselves

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4247 on: December 26, 2018, 11:22:55 pm »

I think it's in the contract that MOTD are not allowed to show more than they do, that's why you get likes Phil Neville spewing off so much shite.
#Sausages

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4248 on: December 26, 2018, 11:26:36 pm »
The longer Pogba stays at that club, the longer Utd will spiral downward.  Journeyman that epitomises everything that is wrong about their players. So glad we don't have that narcissistic arrogance with any of the players in our club.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4249 on: December 26, 2018, 11:27:07 pm »
Best midfield player in Europe?

:lmao

Fuck off, Phil.

We just had a bet earlier that he’d say Pogba was the best midfielder in the league after those two goals, he outdone himself  :lmao

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4250 on: December 26, 2018, 11:30:33 pm »
I think it's in the contract that MOTD are not allowed to show more than they do, that's why you get likes Phil Neville spewing off so much shite.

It is in the contract and always has been. They have a fixed number of minutes they can show in the programme. And people have been slagging off the pundits for years as well. Seems to be fashionable to slag off the BBC in general these days. We’ll miss it when it’s gone. 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4251 on: December 26, 2018, 11:38:14 pm »
Love seeing Jurgen and Rafa on my telly, I might cry.

This show seems to hit new lows every few weeks, Neville makes my head hurt.

I was reading the other day that as from next year Amazon has a weekly highlights package, I hope that turns out to be good. It can't be any worse.

Offline MULLENEDWINE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4252 on: December 26, 2018, 11:43:06 pm »
It is in the contract and always has been. They have a fixed number of minutes they can show in the programme. And people have been slagging off the pundits for years as well. Seems to be fashionable to slag off the BBC in general these days. We’ll miss it when it’s gone.

Will we though?

The age of the internet when you can click on Reddit (amongst other sites) where you can see the goal go in a few seconds after?

Personally I think the whole "Highlights role with some opinionated bullshit" has run it's course.

Let people see and hear the facts for themselves. 

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4253 on: December 26, 2018, 11:47:04 pm »
The old format was far better, you know actually having a 'match of the day' and showing extended highlights from that and a couple of other games. Guess it's out of the BBC's hands anyway. If you really want to see extended highlights of any game it's pretty easy these days with the net, player compilations galore too.

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4254 on: December 26, 2018, 11:47:13 pm »

Did I say it had?
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Online Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4255 on: December 26, 2018, 11:47:52 pm »

Will we though?

The age of the internet when you can click on Reddit (amongst other sites) where you can see the goal go in a few seconds after?

Personally I think the whole "Highlights role with some opinionated bullshit" has run it's course.

On the internet?  Hahahaha
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Online Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4256 on: December 26, 2018, 11:49:12 pm »
If it’s so shit - why the fuck are you watching it?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4257 on: December 26, 2018, 11:50:21 pm »
It's the quality of the analysis that's hurt it badly. It's basically watered down layman's bullshit for the mainstream now. There seems to be a scripted emphasis on bigging up players and teams that have a following or a brand. None of them have the balls to rip into them as they should. Neville's wanking over Pogba because he scored two goals is a prime example. A player that cost the Earth, been around for nearly 2 seasons, and delivered fuck all for it. If it feeds into the delusion, fair enough, but you can see why Hansen seen the writing on the wall and decided to fuck it off now.

Offline MULLENEDWINE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4258 on: December 26, 2018, 11:51:30 pm »

Because I want to watch my team's highlights again. And laugh at the "opinions" of the experts. Fuck me right.

You alright?

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #4259 on: December 26, 2018, 11:52:42 pm »
Murphy is a fukin knob.

Stole a living as a player and now sits there spouting shyte like he was fukin Zidane.

Fuck off ya little cock!
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4260 on: December 26, 2018, 11:52:46 pm »
Atleast Neville tipped us to win the league!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4261 on: December 26, 2018, 11:53:10 pm »

Will we though?

On RAWK?  Hahahaha

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4262 on: December 26, 2018, 11:54:37 pm »
Yeah. We're fucked now.

Offline MULLENEDWINE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4263 on: December 26, 2018, 11:54:55 pm »

Haha that's the Holy Grail that, thank jebus we've had the mighty Phil Neville's blessing.

Offline MULLENEDWINE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4264 on: December 26, 2018, 11:56:06 pm »
On RAWK?  Hahahaha

Didn't mean on here at all chap.

What I mean is people can just click on highlights now days and see it for themselves.

It really isn't hard is it.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4265 on: December 26, 2018, 11:58:46 pm »
Might have misheard this one as nobody seems to get challenged about a statement they make. Didn't Phil Neville say that Man City have two quality player's for each position so when they get an injury it doesn't affect their performance. Then next sentence states the Fernandinho injury has really affected them? You couldn't make it up!

They've had about 3 injuries and gone dogshit, their stats have fallen through the floor.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4266 on: December 26, 2018, 11:59:38 pm »

I always wondered that but there is no alternative. Yes it is old and outdated and the presenters are average but people must realise how you get 10 games in an hour and a half plus interviews and analysis. In our game there wasn't much a neutral needed to know about that hasn't been mentioned

Offline MULLENEDWINE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4267 on: December 27, 2018, 12:00:29 am »
Might have misheard this one as nobody seems to get challenged about a statement they make. Didn't Phil Neville day that Man City have two quality player's for each position so when they get an injury it doesn't affect their performance. Then next sentence states the Fernandinho injury has really affected them? You couldn't make it up!

They've had about 3 injuries and gone dogshit, their stats have fallen through the floor.

Yeah the whiff said every position bar Fernandinho's.

Wisdom. It's only what every other person in the country has been saying for the past two weeks.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4268 on: December 27, 2018, 12:01:33 am »
Logic isn’t something you can really challenge Neville or Murphy with. They’re infallible in that respect.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline MULLENEDWINE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4269 on: December 27, 2018, 12:05:24 am »
Just look and admire that bastard table guys and dolls.

6 points clear. Barely conceding anything. Still unbeaten.

Take a big old breath and live in the moment. What a ride this is.

Fuck the pundits. It's forgotten next week.

We're brilliant and doing better than a cheating shithouse club at the moment. Love it.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4270 on: December 27, 2018, 12:06:43 am »
Yeah the whiff said every position bar Fernandinho's.

Wisdom. It's only what every other person in the country has been saying for the past two weeks.

Ah, ok perhaps I did mishear as I Neil Diamond blasting in the background in the Irish bar.

Not being funny but what is so special about Fernandinho? To be honest I've always thought he spent far too much time listening to the drum's?

:P
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4271 on: December 27, 2018, 12:09:28 am »

Will we though?

Agreed. I used to love Sgorio for its format even though I wasn’t fluent in Welsh. Just show us the football rather than tedious pundits. It’s great when they have a pundit who has done their homework and provides some insight, but that’s rare. I hope football highlight packages move towards more highlights and stats rather than opinionated agenda-driven cliches. interactive highlights would be interesting.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline MULLENEDWINE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4272 on: December 27, 2018, 12:10:31 am »
Ah, ok perhaps I did mishear as I Neil Diamond blasting in the background in the Irish bar.

Not being funny but what is so special about Fernandinho? To be honest I've always thought he spent far too much time listening to the drum's?

:P

He breaks the play up and never gets a yellow. The snide little prick. Allowing them to re-gain possession higher up the field than letting them actually hit their defence (Who aren't fecking special).

They've had Stones there and I think Gundogan (sp) was playing there today for them.

Obviously not all rosy is it.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 12:18:14 am by MULLENEDWINE »

Offline MULLENEDWINE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4273 on: December 27, 2018, 12:17:09 am »
Agreed. I used to love Sgorio for its format even though I wasn’t fluent in Welsh. Just show us the football rather than tedious pundits. It’s great when they have a pundit who has done their homework and provides some insight, but that’s rare. I hope football highlight packages move towards more highlights and stats rather than opinionated agenda-driven cliches. interactive highlights would be interesting.

Spot on. Never heard of Sgorio tho? As previously mentioned I think they have a time limit to adhere too now on the beeb. Thank sky for that I guess. Monetising bloody everything.

And yeah as much as I hate the forced concept of 'MNF' at least they do break it down a bit on the tactics boards and stuff the few times I've watched it.

Yet again it is agenda driven. I think now it's almost impossible to get away from that tag also. Everyone has a voice, a club, a way of speaking that riles someone up. Meh.

Just watch the actual game when you can and form an opinion for yourself eh. People get too caught up in what he said she said now.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4274 on: December 27, 2018, 12:17:22 am »
For all the deserved Murphy griping, Neville's analysis is far worse. Some of the gems he came out with tonight included: "When you're playing a top six team you have to defend well," and that Burnley have to 'sort the defence out, become harder to beat and become formidable at home again'. Glad we have an ex-pro to give us those words of wisdom.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4275 on: December 27, 2018, 12:18:19 am »
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4276 on: December 27, 2018, 12:21:40 am »
Might have misheard this one as nobody seems to get challenged about a statement they make. Didn't Phil Neville say that Man City have two quality player's for each position so when they get an injury it doesn't affect their performance. Then next sentence states the Fernandinho injury has really affected them? You couldn't make it up!

I've heard that so much today from pundits on Sky Sports, Premier League shows on YouTube, ESPN, NBC, Twitter etc. etc. but it couldnt be further from the truth when you look at their squad.

Keeper - only have Ederson
Right back - they're both a bag of shit
Centre back - Kompany is past it and injury prone, Stones can't win a header
Left back - Mendy is forever injured, even when fit he has no clue how to defend and their next best option is either fucking Delph (centre mid) or Zinchenko (attacking mid)
DM - Only have Fernandinho and when he's out they look fucked

The 2 in every position only really relates to their attacking positions

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4277 on: December 27, 2018, 12:27:47 am »
He breaks the play up and never gets a yellow. The snide little prick. Allowing them to re-gain possession higher up the field than letting them actually hit their defence (Who aren't fecking special).

They've had Stones there and I think Gundogan (sp) was playing there today for them.

Obviously not all rosy is it.

Fair enough, my reference to the drum's was probably lost on most people:-

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IbLb9mgueDI

>:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4278 on: December 27, 2018, 12:37:06 am »
Danny Murphy is a quim
Danny Murphy would grass people up for TV Licence evasion, 100%, he's a massive fanny, Phil Neville though is on another realm entirely, plonker.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #4279 on: December 27, 2018, 12:55:47 am »

Will we though?

not everyone uses the internet or would be inclined to watch football that way. MOTD still has it's place for the forseable future
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.