Author Topic: FitBit  (Read 8810 times)

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FitBit
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2016, 12:56:10 pm »
Wondering if anyone can recommend a tracker suitable for football? Looking for continuous heart rate monitor, distance and GPS included. Might have to go with the Fitbit Blaze but seems a bit pricey.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2016, 09:57:06 am »
http://www.gearbest.com/smart-watches/pp_362705.html

£21 delivered... it was recommended on this thread somewhere, worth a punt? Doesn't have GPS.. but £20 :D

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2016, 10:07:34 am »
http://www.gearbest.com/smart-watches/pp_362705.html

£21 delivered... it was recommended on this thread somewhere, worth a punt? Doesn't have GPS.. but £20 :D
I like mine a lot. I had the Mi Band 1 before it but I lost the pod (the band 2 is more secure, you can only remove the pod with the wrist band off).

It's a good step counter, seems accurate, it also tells the time when you raise your arm to look at it. You can also set it up for notifications of phone calls, SMS and other apps too. The heart rate monitor only works when you activate it with the button and hold very still by default, but you can have it taken at intervals if you like using a third party app. I have mine set to record it hourly.

Xiaomi make very good stuff, they're one of the biggest Chinese manufacturers.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2016, 01:12:11 pm »
Doesn't have continuous heart rate monitoring or GPS. 2 of the 3 things I need!

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #44 on: December 1, 2016, 12:28:05 pm »
Just incase no-one has ever looked in there, the iPhone health app tracks your steps and keeps a record so if you wanted the fitbit to do that then you've already got one.

I have become a bit more interested in this data on my iPhone recently. Kind of set myself a target of walking 10k on X amount of days etc... But some Saturdays it'll be sitting at 36 steps for the day because I won't have my phone on me at all times and sometimes it's not practical or necessary i.e. if I am wearing clothes without pockets whilst cleaning or nipping to the shops etc...

If I wanted it purely for this - step counting with alerts (I like the idea of being notified when completing a task or setting targets, or being encouraged to get up and move), can anyone recommend a model? The FitBit Flex looks to be the one? Or any other brands?

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: December 1, 2016, 05:44:14 pm »
i.e. if I am wearing clothes without pockets whilst cleaning or nipping to the shops etc...

Read this as 'if I'm wearing no clothes whilst cleaning'.

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: December 2, 2016, 12:40:27 am »
Ordered a Withings Activité Steel on Black Friday, should be here by next week. We'll see how it goes, at least it does looks nice.
"I look at him doing all sorts of crazy shit and mostly I burst out laughing at his insane genius.
I mean, if his first reaction to a ball bouncing in front of him 40 yards from goal is 'I'm going to whack this into the net from here', you just have to laugh at the sheer improbability of it all."
~~Ray K, on Luis Suarez (Liverpool 5 - Norwich 1)

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #47 on: December 3, 2016, 11:00:50 pm »
I have become a bit more interested in this data on my iPhone recently. Kind of set myself a target of walking 10k on X amount of days etc... But some Saturdays it'll be sitting at 36 steps for the day because I won't have my phone on me at all times and sometimes it's not practical or necessary i.e. if I am wearing clothes without pockets whilst cleaning or nipping to the shops etc...

If I wanted it purely for this - step counting with alerts (I like the idea of being notified when completing a task or setting targets, or being encouraged to get up and move), can anyone recommend a model? The FitBit Flex looks to be the one? Or any other brands?

Yeah, Fitbit Flex 2 is the one you need. It is the smallest and slimmest and does everything you mention.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: December 4, 2016, 06:43:29 pm »

I took a punt on the Xiaomi Mi 2, it's actually pretty good. Does steps, tells me to get up and do stuff, has alarms, heart rate (it can continuously monitor heart rate through a 'run' thing in the app), it does have a thing in the app to notify you of texts/calls but I haven't got that switched on cos I know it'd piss me off, its waterproof and the battery lasts for 20 days, all for £21 delivered. Can't really go wrong.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: December 5, 2016, 12:40:23 pm »
I took a punt on the Xiaomi Mi 2, it's actually pretty good. Does steps, tells me to get up and do stuff, has alarms, heart rate (it can continuously monitor heart rate through a 'run' thing in the app), it does have a thing in the app to notify you of texts/calls but I haven't got that switched on cos I know it'd piss me off, its waterproof and the battery lasts for 20 days, all for £21 delivered. Can't really go wrong.

Really? That sounds brilliant..! Is it as accurate as the more established brands?

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: December 5, 2016, 01:24:24 pm »
Haven't used any others to compare, best off looking at reviews. The stats in the app look correct to me.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: January 2, 2017, 02:43:27 pm »
Had £45 worth of Clubcard vouchers, so put it towards a FitBit this morning.

I really wanted the FitBit Charge 2 but they are out of stock online with Tesco, so went for the FitBit Alta instead, like the Flex but with a screen so you get a bit more detail.

Looking forward to getting it and I love the idea of challenges with friends/family.

Offline NatD

• Takes offence at authors and people who eat in restaurants.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: January 5, 2017, 09:33:50 am »
Quick question - my Mrs had a Fitbit but I got her an Apple Watch for Christmas.  She still wants to compete with her family and friends and compare results.

So does anyone know if there is an App that will upload stats from her Watch to the Fitbit dashboard?

TIA.
"...waking up at 12 in my clothes again, feel my head explode from a night of Gin..."

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2017, 01:05:43 pm »
cant sync  my wifes Alta with my pc..says "make sure its near by" yet its pluged into my comp via usb..
any hints suggestions etc?
JFT 96

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2017, 09:24:06 am »
Got a charge 2 in the Jan sales and have been loving it so far. It's great at guilting you into activity. I'm not normally a watch wearer so the small, comfortable size has helped.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2017, 07:28:38 pm »
Got a charge 2 in the Jan sales and have been loving it so far. It's great at guilting you into activity. I'm not normally a watch wearer so the small, comfortable size has helped.
I was like that until I switched the notifications off :D

Only til my exams are over, I don't really need to be told to do 250 steps while I'm dealing with quantum physics.

On a side note, how does the Charge 2 firmware update?  The selection of displays are fairly poor for what you get I feel.  Overall I love the thing though (even if it's a little cumbersome when you're putting the baby to bed, hard to slide back out from under his head).
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #56 on: October 2, 2021, 02:55:20 pm »
How do Fitbit devices sync with (e.g.) Strava - do you need to maintain a constant connection between devices (i.e. Strava on phone and GPS tracker of the Fitbit device) during exercise, or do these sync upon 'returning home' when the devices are re-connected?

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #57 on: October 2, 2021, 05:35:42 pm »
They are in sync with your phone if its within the connecting radius.

If its far away, they will sync once the phone comes in connection with the device in question.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2021, 10:58:00 pm »
I have started wearing my Fitbit (Charge 4) around my ankle rather than on my wrist. It is much better and counts every single step now.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2021, 10:43:55 am »
And it's like you're on tag, so you're doubly-comfortable with it!
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2023, 02:11:08 pm »
My 10-year old has been asking about a step tracker.  He's into his sports but I'm absolutely certain his motivation is in tracking his steps for Pokemon Go.

From what I understand of Pokemon Go it picks up the physical activity data from Google Fit so the tracker just needs to be able to sync with Google Fit.

I've never bought or owned wearable tech so this is all a bit new for me.  Any advice would be really appreciated for buying a tracker that's:
- Lightweight
- Cheap
- Can sync with Google Fit

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2023, 02:18:59 pm »
I have a Fitbit HR and recently just got a Reflex Active smartwatch. £35 quid in sale. Was a bit of a pain to set up and it doesn't seem to record calories accurately, like it says i have burnt 600 for the whole day, even though I had walked 20,000 steps