Author Topic: Alcohol Issues - The Carl van Riel Memorial Thread  (Read 1009830 times)

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Alcohol Issues
« Reply #9360 on: October 18, 2013, 08:13:35 pm »
Just to say, ive got engaged to my girlfriend. Seemed the right thing to do. We can change...
Congrats mate, read it on Facebook first  ;D
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9361 on: October 18, 2013, 08:27:08 pm »
Well in Carl xx

Online Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #9362 on: October 18, 2013, 09:10:57 pm »
Player!

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9363 on: October 18, 2013, 09:14:00 pm »
Just to say, ive got engaged to my girlfriend. Seemed the right thing to do. We can change...
Wuh uh oh uh uh oh oh uh oh uh uh oh
Wuh uh oh uh uh oh oh uh oh uh uh oh

Made up for you mate, great stuff.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #9364 on: October 19, 2013, 08:58:19 am »
Thanks guys , she is a positive influence in my life. Plus she has big tits so thats a plus ;)
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #9365 on: October 19, 2013, 11:34:02 am »
Thanks guys , she is a positive influence in my life. Plus she has big tits so thats a plus ;)

... and a temper I've been told. ;) But you need a feisty woman to keep you under control. Congrats mate. Chuffed for you to be honest.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #9366 on: October 19, 2013, 11:49:12 pm »
So whats the plan for your stag party Carl?

Strippers? Acts of sexual depravity? and soft drinks for everyone? ;D
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9367 on: October 20, 2013, 12:20:49 am »
So whats the plan for your stag party Carl?

Strippers? Acts of sexual depravity? and soft drinks for everyone? ;D

Fuck that Maggie has already pre-ordered Carls fucking Cavalier ;)
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9368 on: October 20, 2013, 09:29:19 am »
Stag party? Nah just a chinese and a few beers would be great. As bizarre as it sounds in this thread, i dont wanna get ratted. Dont see the point to be honest. Male strippers is a good call. Maybe a open bonfire and invite the local police force, ya know, just to re-live old times ;)
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #9369 on: October 20, 2013, 08:58:49 pm »

She has one bit tit, you...
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9370 on: October 21, 2013, 09:01:55 am »

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9371 on: October 21, 2013, 10:00:50 am »
Whats a bit tit? Is that like a mis-shapen one ?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9372 on: October 21, 2013, 10:07:40 am »
Whats a bit tit? Is that like a mis-shapen one ?

Bit tit is slang for BIG TIT, ya TIT!

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9373 on: October 21, 2013, 10:11:02 am »
Ok fatty, calm down ;)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9374 on: October 21, 2013, 10:30:36 am »
Ok fatty, calm down ;)

You like'm fat, I kmow.... ;)

Alright move along, nothing to see here!

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9375 on: October 21, 2013, 10:33:23 am »
Apart from your wobbling carcass mate :) Ill send you a t-shirt that says ' wide load ' for xmas mate cos i luvs ya.

Anyway back on track before the mods get angry, hows everyone doing. Ive somewhat sidetracked the thread lol.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9376 on: October 21, 2013, 08:06:55 pm »
Fuckin hell Hally. I now cant get the image of them in the aisle out my head. One with one tit and one with one eye.

been giggling like a schooly for ages.

All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #9377 on: October 23, 2013, 05:49:58 pm »

havnt checked this ages

this is fantastic news mate

I do think a good happy home partnership can be the best thing in the world. it just makes everything better and makes the thought of even needing a drink reduce

well done

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #9378 on: October 23, 2013, 05:58:55 pm »
Just to add my 10c to the AA part of the discussion.

I think if anyone is serious about quitting it would make sense to at least go to more than one meeting. If it works for you, the meetings become another tool in the fight against addiction

Billy is dead on in that AA is not religous.

I attended about 15 meetings and just gave up. Partly because i went to back to 'light drinking' which even as I write is quite riduculous, but anyway

AA does use the work God a lot and I just found that it really pissed me off a bit. Plus I live in Bible belt so that are alot of bible thumpers in the room and the general atmosphere about God just made me feel like an outsider

but I certainly wouldnt consider being critical of it if I had not been there

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9379 on: October 27, 2013, 07:16:24 am »
It's great to see this and  the depression thread on the second page of the boozer for a change.

Personally speaking, the biggest addiction i have is people - i'm like that bastard moth who flies into your light bulb, it's hot...no fucking good, yet for some apparent reason cannot keep the fuck away. It's like self inflicted torture... that leads to needing some escapism, forget Eastenders or Corrie....Football can only consume so much of one's time.

That's an innate stubborn natural nature to just chase the dragon. Sick. to. fucking. death. of deliberately chasing something that gives me a headfuck, which in turns leads me to be a weak as fuck wanker and opt for a "numbing effect"

I'd love to be able to just switch that shit right off, and do what most of you sane folk do and "fuck that fucking idiot off" - loyalty in most instances is a great virtue, in my case it just fucks me in the ass, leaves a spunk stain on my back and carries on.... i'm not daft, for christ sake, i've got a certificate that tells me i'm in the top 1% of mathmaticians at jovial teen-age. I know the demoninator in the equation that is fucked, but i still feel the need to attempt to make the problem - solved.

I see good in people and i guess that's from knowing i'm a pain in the arse, so i persist with trying to make something positive from that situation, giving up is not a favoured choice in my vocabulary.

I guess it likes a scales, when does persuing something become a hinderance to yourself? - the moment it puts you in a vulnerable compromising position...that's logic, but i'm a soft twat who carries on going on at it.... in the hope i can still positively influence the outcome.

Bit of a ramble, i know. But hey..... if i didn't have  this thread at times to dump upon my thoughts, i don't know where i'd be... probably 6 feet under. 
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9380 on: October 27, 2013, 08:35:42 am »
Morning mate, have you been on it again. I know you have been having a few problems lately so was wondering how the intake was.

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9381 on: October 27, 2013, 09:00:52 am »
Morning mate, have you been on it again. I know you have been having a few problems lately so was wondering how the intake was.

I've been "ok" - had a couple bottles of wine last night, went to bed, woke up around 6ish.... got a ten pack of beer on the go now.

I'm ok, Carl, alcohol has never been my problem per'se.... it's always been the comfort blanket when my head goes west. It could become a problem if i was on it, every single day, i'm more the binge drinker type, but i know i'm binging up my arse when i get withdrawels.

Everyone will tell me - get off the booze and everything will be ok!!!... well frankly thats shite, i'm drinking because i couldn't find a dyson to vacuum my head out my arse, so i drank to ignore it...

Not clever, never pretty... but that's the script. I'd love to wipe the slate clean and start again,  but unfortunately life just aint like that... you got friends family and in my case a whole load of baggage i'm carrying around.

Hows you anyway mate?

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9382 on: October 27, 2013, 09:08:52 am »
It's great to see this and  the depression thread on the second page of the boozer for a change.

Personally speaking, the biggest addiction i have is people - i'm like that bastard moth who flies into your light bulb, it's hot...no fucking good, yet for some apparent reason cannot keep the fuck away. It's like self inflicted torture... that leads to needing some escapism, forget Eastenders or Corrie....Football can only consume so much of one's time.

That's an innate stubborn natural nature to just chase the dragon. Sick. to. fucking. death. of deliberately chasing something that gives me a headfuck, which in turns leads me to be a weak as fuck wanker and opt for a "numbing effect"

I'd love to be able to just switch that shit right off, and do what most of you sane folk do and "fuck that fucking idiot off" - loyalty in most instances is a great virtue, in my case it just fucks me in the ass, leaves a spunk stain on my back and carries on.... i'm not daft, for christ sake, i've got a certificate that tells me i'm in the top 1% of mathmaticians at jovial teen-age. I know the demoninator in the equation that is fucked, but i still feel the need to attempt to make the problem - solved.

I see good in people and i guess that's from knowing i'm a pain in the arse, so i persist with trying to make something positive from that situation, giving up is not a favoured choice in my vocabulary.

I guess it likes a scales, when does persuing something become a hinderance to yourself? - the moment it puts you in a vulnerable compromising position...that's logic, but i'm a soft twat who carries on going on at it.... in the hope i can still positively influence the outcome.

Bit of a ramble, i know. But hey..... if i didn't have  this thread at times to dump upon my thoughts, i don't know where i'd be... probably 6 feet under. 
I think you and me have the same problem.I've realised over the past few weeks what my biggest weakness is.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9383 on: October 27, 2013, 09:12:58 am »
Im doing well mate. Now im engaged ive got to behave myself ;) New house is lovely , work is just work, moving up in my social standings as it were with regards to the bike club etc. Usual shit going on in the background but compared to a couple of years back im absolutely brilliant. Thats not to say i dont have my off days, as we all do , it just doesnt seem like such a pit of despair as it was before. Ive things to aim for now which didnt seem the case before.

From my viewpoint i really cant say get off the booze to you mate as that would be highly hypocritical of me as you know. What i do know is that when it all settles down for you it will become a lot easier for you to lay off it. Booze really fixes fuck all and we all know this, but it helps to blot out life for a while and imo that helps. Just some small release from the world, however temporary. Thing is, thats just some quick release, its not a fix. Its like taking Morphine for a broken leg. It takes away the pain but it dont fix the reason for the pain. I reckon you need to take a step back mate and see what your options are. You know where i am should you need me, although my phone is playing up big time so i may not get your messages very quickly.

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9384 on: October 27, 2013, 09:29:40 am »
Im doing well mate. Now im engaged ive got to behave myself ;) New house is lovely , work is just work, moving up in my social standings as it were with regards to the bike club etc. Usual shit going on in the background but compared to a couple of years back im absolutely brilliant. Thats not to say i dont have my off days, as we all do , it just doesnt seem like such a pit of despair as it was before. Ive things to aim for now which didnt seem the case before.

From my viewpoint i really cant say get off the booze to you mate as that would be highly hypocritical of me as you know. What i do know is that when it all settles down for you it will become a lot easier for you to lay off it. Booze really fixes fuck all and we all know this, but it helps to blot out life for a while and imo that helps. Just some small release from the world, however temporary. Thing is, thats just some quick release, its not a fix. Its like taking Morphine for a broken leg. It takes away the pain but it dont fix the reason for the pain. I reckon you need to take a step back mate and see what your options are. You know where i am should you need me, although my phone is playing up big time so i may not get your messages very quickly.

I'm so bloody happy for you, i really, genuinely am. Carl, where you've come from to where you are now.... getting out the gutter is not easy and you've not only achieved that, you've got a solid job and now getting married!... bloody hell, be careful it'll be kids next ;)

I know mate, i do drink to "blot it out" i know that much... i'm not daft like, i've been labelled as the guy who is great at giving advice, shocking at listening to his own.

Like i said, to me it's about people... most folk i know, just let things go when it becomes difficult whether its mates of girlfriends, i don't... i quest on trying to make it right, even when it's a futile exercise. But that's always been me, i've never walked away. I always believe that people are your life, without them on an island alone, what have you got? not a lot.... I, however focus on people that perhaps are not always healthy for my mind, which leads me to wanting to 'blot out for a bit'

My brother (who i love) tells me i need to focus on myself, he's right i do, but my nature is to focus on other people... it's just who i am, to me i'm collateral damage, i don't care much about myself, more about everybody else.... probably because i don't much like myself at this moment, so i want to find a balance in making other peoples lives better. It gives me a sense of purpose.

My mum, bless her, she's great is pretty close to the money in telling me i need to channel that into someone that's healthy for me, well  find me a woman that doesn't tear your heart out your arse at times and i'll show you how to stick air onto a wall.

To be honest mate - its a mentality and as i said to my old man, i just wanna get out of the habbit of feeling like i've lost something - a couple wins and i'll be right back to where i'm best. But that's far easier said than done when the wins you're looking for are from situations that you can't manipulate. I mean who ffs wakes up 14 months after breaking up with their ex after 4 hours sleep having dreamt about a moment in time that made them happy?

I don't do the whole walking away thing very well.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9385 on: October 27, 2013, 09:30:32 am »
I think you and me have the same problem.I've realised over the past few weeks what my biggest weakness is.

Open up mate, talking is the way forward.... that's the best thing about this thread, lots of wise heads to help point us in the right direction.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9386 on: October 27, 2013, 09:37:35 am »
I can see exactly what you are saying mate. I was the same, i didnt care about me at all and just wanted to make someone else happy regardless of cost to myself. Thing is, whilst i was drinking i was doing ok in that regard but i was just digging myself a hole. The lower i got the less i cared about me. We all know how that ended up. You are a good man and you owe it to yourself to see the good in you and what you can do for YOU. Its a selfish thing to think but for once, be selfish and think about you. You have supported me throughout all my shit , now try and support yourself mate. We are all here should you need us but as cliched as it is, you have to want to help yourself first mate.

Small steps mate, thats the quickest way forward...

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9387 on: October 27, 2013, 09:57:36 am »
I will get there mate, i have to, what's the alternative? Getting shitfaced until i die an early death... fuck that, i've got things i want to achieve before i walk off this planet, i want kids a family, to wake up in two months at stupid o'clock and see the sheer happiness on a little guys face as he unwraps his soiled Evertonian shirt ;)

I've got nephews and nieces, i look around at my mates - and i want kids, that's my driving motivation, my word Carl i wish i wasn't such a fucking bellend and took that chance with my ex, it was all she ever wanted, marriage, family... and i did, genuinely love the girl. Which is why i hate myself on two front, i destroyed her life, and it's destroyed mine.

However.... the driving force is always there's tomorrow, tomorrow is another day, it can be a step closer to that holy grail. I'm an optimist at heart, which goes to demonstrate just how far i'd fallen.

I can't achieve what i want in this state of mind however, i need to get better , healthy before i could even contemplate having kids.... how could a pisshead be responsible eh? - i'd never  be THAT selfish.

I'd love to have you about Carl, because i know we're not perfect, but you'd damn well talk sense....and i'm a terrible listerner unless i believe in the person i'm hearing.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9388 on: October 27, 2013, 10:03:58 am »
I don't want to derail this but are you still writing your book, Carl or has it been parked for now?

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9389 on: October 27, 2013, 10:13:55 am »
Its parked atm. I was thinking about it the other day actually. Just need to get back into it. Weird thing is, i was usually better at remembering stuff etc after a drink or 6 lol.

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9390 on: October 27, 2013, 10:18:14 am »
lol - i'd park it permanently if it were me....

You don't need to glorify your story, anyone who wants to know need only know to ask - you're a top bloke like that, nowt to hide.

Still a picture of you with that eye sling on WH Smith would be a corker, but that really would be for selfish reasons ha!

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9391 on: October 27, 2013, 10:46:40 am »
lol - i'd park it permanently if it were me....

You don't need to glorify your story, anyone who wants to know need only know to ask - you're a top bloke like that, nowt to hide.

Still a picture of you with that eye sling on WH Smith would be a corker, but that really would be for selfish reasons ha!

The way I see it Carls story could help some people realise they're headed in the wrong direction and hopefully stop before everything goes tits up or if things are already fucked up they might find Carls story as an inspiration to take the first step towards sobriety.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9392 on: October 27, 2013, 10:50:14 am »
That is the general idea. It would be a humourous read but also one that makes people sit up and realise that even though ive had some great, mad times on the piss, ultimately i lost it all and also my will to live. It will be a rollercoaster of a read but i dont want the gravity of it all lost in humour. Basically im trying to find an even spread as it were. I want people to laugh, i want them to say WTF and i also want them to think. 

Offline PeterJM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9393 on: October 27, 2013, 11:03:51 am »
Open up mate, talking is the way forward.... that's the best thing about this thread, lots of wise heads to help point us in the right direction.
I've become addicted to 1 certain person over the past few weeks and i can't get her out my head.The gutting thing is she doesn't feel the same.This just feels different from all the rest.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9394 on: October 27, 2013, 11:05:13 am »
How do you know she doesnt feel the same mate?

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9395 on: October 27, 2013, 11:39:10 am »
Carl - totally understand the book concept - i guess i'm just far more *throwing up in my mouth a bit* conservative about the worst of life.

Peter mate, first establish whether she feels the same, then go from there. It's been a few weeks wrecking your head, i never wish to sound a pretentious twat, but it *could*... COULD just be an lusting infatuation...

I'd ask her out, go for a coffee...whatever, and hey look the worst she can say is no right? Well right now that's all you got, so you've nowt to lose, go for it mate.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline PeterJM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9396 on: October 27, 2013, 12:01:10 pm »
How do you know she doesnt feel the same mate?
I asked her out and she said no.She thinks she led me on before i asked her and she thought i was just being friendly with her which i was.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9397 on: October 27, 2013, 12:02:58 pm »
Ahhh right. What is it that has drawn you to this person?

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9398 on: October 27, 2013, 12:19:10 pm »
I asked her out and she said no.She thinks she led me on before i asked her and she thought i was just being friendly with her which i was.

You guys ever had something? - anything to give you the impression she was interested?

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline PeterJM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9399 on: October 27, 2013, 12:41:29 pm »
Ahhh right. What is it that has drawn you to this person?
She's just an all round gorgeous girl with a personality to match.She's been the last 2 matches with me which i've really enjoyed.