Author Topic: Alcohol Issues - The Carl van Riel Memorial Thread  (Read 1014841 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Alcohol Issues
« Reply #9520 on: December 6, 2013, 08:11:07 pm »
Im in bits . Two funerals and the major one was my foster dad. I spent years hating everyone but just as with my dad i realised, too late, that they were not the c*nt. I was. Once again i missed a chance to tell someone i loved them for whatever reason, now ill never be able to do that. Hindsight is a twat. Sorry guys im a little bit fucked off
Really sad day for you mate.

However, to anyone looking in from the outside, you've never been the twat, you've been the victim of some bloody difficult circumstances as a kid.

Sure, you could have handled stuff differently, but that's hindsight.
You can't change it mate, you can't change your past.
But you can change your future.

Is your foster mum still alive?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #9521 on: December 6, 2013, 09:45:51 pm »
Yes she is mate. She was there today and she has been brilliant. I didnt keep in contact much over the years , it was hard. Ive the order of service in front of me and his photo is there and it just reminds me of how good a man he was. 
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9522 on: December 6, 2013, 09:50:49 pm »
Yes she is mate. She was there today and she has been brilliant. I didnt keep in contact much over the years , it was hard. Ive the order of service in front of me and his photo is there and it just reminds me of how good a man he was. 
I couldn't be a foster parent, they are amazing people.

Look at the positive here, you've got a chance to stay in contact with your foster mum, take that and cherish it rather than regretting what you didn't do.

Look at what he gave you and what of his influence lives on in you.
People may die, but they live on in memories and the things we say and do every day.

I guess you regret not saying thanks, but I'm pretty sure he didn't do it for you to say thanks, he probably just thought it was the right thing to do and doing it was reward enough.

Keep your pecker up mate, you've got lots to be thankful for and a lot more to look forward to.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9523 on: December 7, 2013, 05:10:43 am »
Thats what hurts. Once again im left with hindsight. My dad didnt come to my brothers after wedding party etc because of me. We had fell out and said i was going to leather him so he was told to stay away. Fuck me, they had to invite my best mate to make sure someone could control me if i kicked off. I didnt, and i look back and know that because id failed to see the bigger picture and hated my dad for no other reason than my inability to open my eye, my brother, and my sisters , didnt have their dad there that day. Because of me. My fucking downright stubborn nature. Its always someone elses fault to me. My dad, now ive really thought about it must have been hurting far more than i. I was a selfish twat. For the same reasons i never saw my foster dad much, i blamed him for a lot of things. What did he do that was so wrong? Did he touch me, did he beat me, did he not feed me?  No , he took care of my brother and i when all other options were exhausted. Regardless of other things beyond his control, he and his wife took very good care of us and im once again sat here knowing i fucked up. He deserved to know i thought a lot of him, i just didnt have the balls to tell him i actually did love him. I owe him a shitload to be honest,guess im feeling guilty as i didnt do more.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9524 on: December 7, 2013, 07:44:02 am »
I'd suggest it may not be such a bad idea to have that very same conversation you've had there Carl, but with your step mum.

"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9525 on: December 7, 2013, 10:08:16 am »
Regardless of other things beyond his control, he and his wife took very good care of us and im once again sat here knowing i fucked up. He deserved to know i thought a lot of him, i just didnt have the balls to tell him i actually did love him. I owe him a shitload to be honest,guess im feeling guilty as i didnt do more.
You can't change the past. When a loved one is taken from us, we all sit there thinking "If only we'd done more...". Beating yourself up for things you can't change is the wrong path.

My dad was a GP. He once asked me what was the most important thing he gave his patients. I said "Paracetomol?". He said "Someone to talk to".

You can't change the past. If you want to make amends, to do right by your foster father in the present and the future - talk to your foster mum. I don't know the logistics, costs or feasibility involved in meeting her in person, but all it takes is a phone call. At this time of year when we focus on family, she'll be sitting there with a big fucking hole in her Christmas. Give her a call and tell what a wonderful man she was married to. There's nothing that'll give her greater comfort than you telling her how he touched your life and helped make you the Good Man that you are.

My condolences on your loss, Carl.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9526 on: December 7, 2013, 02:03:02 pm »
Thanks guys. Im just a mess right now.Sick of making all the wrong choices.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #9527 on: December 7, 2013, 03:00:05 pm »

When you consider where you were a few years ago, you've obviously made some good choices.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #9528 on: December 8, 2013, 04:31:32 am »
I'd suggest it may not be such a bad idea to have that very same conversation you've had there Carl, but with your step mum.

Sound advice

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #9529 on: December 8, 2013, 04:31:50 am »
When you consider where you were a few years ago, you've obviously made some good choices.
And I agree with this

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #9530 on: December 8, 2013, 05:09:43 am »

You're very quick at hammering yourself for the mistakes you make

You tend to focus on the negative a lot more than you focus on the positive

As corkboy said, you've made some good choices too. Give yourself some credit Carl

Don't concern yourself with circumstances that you cannot change.

Put your energy into creating new circumstances. You'll feel all the better for it

When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9531 on: December 8, 2013, 08:54:43 am »
Its the negatives that tend to shape my life i suppose. There are positives, but it seems 1 step forward 2 steps back. Maybe im being too critical but i cant accept failure. It pisses me off. I had a discussion with my girlfriend and she said ' you fucking hate being wrong ' or if i lost and pool and fucked off in a sulk its the old ' its only a game ' thing.

No it isnt. Its the fact i know myself and i expect better from me. If i make a twat of a shot because im not concentrating, ive let myself down. If im wrong in a discussion then ive not done enough research so i fucked up. That isnt acceptable.  I sit down and play guitar and if i fuck up one note, ill put it down and slag myself off. If its something i know i can do and fuck up, i get pissed off.

I guess im saying i can do better and need to do so , failure isnt an option anymore. Think i may write a letter to my foster mum , tell her how i feel. I know if i visit ill miss something i wanna say but if i give myself time to type it out i can make sure ive said all i need to.

Sunday morning ramble over guys. Im off to church.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9532 on: December 8, 2013, 10:26:10 am »
The trouble with relationships is that there is no such thing as "perfect" or "right" or "wrong"

Just better or worse.

Write that letter.....
W

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9533 on: December 8, 2013, 11:25:16 am »
You are unbelievably hard on yourself, SHF. You set yourself standards that no one can ever reach and then beat yourself up over it.
No it isnt. Its the fact i know myself and i expect better from me. If i make a twat of a shot because im not concentrating, ive let myself down. If im wrong in a discussion then ive not done enough research so i fucked up. That isnt acceptable.  I sit down and play guitar and if i fuck up one note, ill put it down and slag myself off. If its something i know i can do and fuck up, i get pissed off.
Playing pool and playing guitar are things you should just do for enjoyment. Not to give yourself another opportunity to run yourself down. If I'm 'wrong' in a discussion, I try to learn something. I can't be right about everything or know everything about a subject. It's impossible.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9534 on: December 8, 2013, 12:26:01 pm »
I perhaps can understand why Carl set such high standards and is so hard on himself, when you've made mistakes, especially ones you cannot possibly make an amends for now, you try and restore the equilibrium in other ways and try to live a more 'perfect' life in other aspects in order to try and get to a place in your own mind that where you've perceived to have made these monumental mistakes you can only balance those with monumental excellence.

In the last 18 month or so since some of the major fuck ups i've made i've found myself wanting to do charitable work, finding solice in helping others, you see the mistakes you've made as selfish and want to offer something back which is selfless as you attempt to regain some self respect and belief that despite the mistakes you can still get back on track and be a good guy.

The hardest person to forgive is yourself.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9535 on: December 8, 2013, 12:57:32 pm »
In the last 18 month or so since some of the major fuck ups i've made i've found myself wanting to do charitable work, finding solice in helping others, you see the mistakes you've made as selfish and want to offer something back which is selfless as you attempt to regain some self respect and belief that despite the mistakes you can still get back on track and be a good guy.
This is healthy. Random compassion is good for you. You'll grow as a person. Repeatedly putting yourself down or setting yourself standards you can never hope to meet will only achieve the opposite of growth.

Monumental excellence can wait for the minute. Try to be better today than you were yesterday. Learn to become content with yourself.

The hardest person to forgive is yourself.
True. But you can't love anyone else till you love yourself.

(you don't have to become Alan Pardew to achieve this)

EDIT: Red Genius, I can see why SHF would do it; it's just not a successful strategy.

« Last Edit: December 8, 2013, 01:02:20 pm by zero zero »

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9536 on: December 8, 2013, 02:28:26 pm »
Yep - agree with all of that,  but make no mistake i've done enough self pitying along the way, it's difficult to find contentment, i'm nowhere near there. I won't be either until i wake up and i'm happy with how i'm living my life, making good choices regularly and closer to rebuilding some of the bridges i've burned and stop looking over my shoulder at things i've lost and instead be looking forward to the future with new seedlings in Alex's garden are starting to blossom again, particularly in terms of finding somebody to share a future with, settle down and begin a family, which is what i kick myself hardest about, because i had that opportunity once and i let it crash and burn. I think acquiring that would be where i find my ultimate contentment as i would have come full circle and the lessons i've learned will allow me to make better choices on the second occassion.

However in the meantime, it's keep off the booze, keep talking to people - don't become introvert, keep planning for the future and remain positive. Life can be whatever you want to make it, and generally that's down to your own attitude, so i now must keep mine in a good place.

Still got some shakes from my abstinence of booze, but even so much as 3 days later my head is clearer and stronger when talking about these sorts of things. My challenge is to keep dry and keep moving forward, day after day.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9537 on: December 8, 2013, 03:05:11 pm »
Life can be whatever you want to make it, and generally that's down to your own attitude, so i now must keep mine in a good place.
Every single one of us has a past of uncorrectable mistakes. Don't look back. Act in the present. Contentment is a modest target, which if you find it leaves the world as your oyster again. Attitude is everything. In my head there are only; Good choices (Win) and Bad choices I learn from (Win). Even if the only thing I learn is "Don't ever fucking do that again" (Win). I don't get everything right. Nobody does, so I do't worry about it (or beat myself up over it either).

Still got some shakes from my abstinence of booze, but even so much as 3 days later my head is clearer and stronger when talking about these sorts of things. My challenge is to keep dry and keep moving forward, day after day.
One day at a time. It's too early to talk about a title challenge, so we'll just take each game as it comes. You know the score.

Offline ewok-red

• Anarchist, potentially violent but lacks bottle.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9538 on: December 9, 2013, 05:45:13 pm »
Its the negatives that tend to shape my life i suppose. There are positives, but it seems 1 step forward 2 steps back. Maybe im being too critical but i cant accept failure. It pisses me off. I had a discussion with my girlfriend and she said ' you fucking hate being wrong ' or if i lost and pool and fucked off in a sulk its the old ' its only a game ' thing.

I guess im saying i can do better and need to do so , failure isnt an option anymore. Think i may write a letter to my foster mum , tell her how i feel. I know if i visit ill miss something i wanna say but if i give myself time to type it out i can make sure ive said all i need to.

Sunday morning ramble over guys. Im off to church.

In one of my sessions recently I was told failure doesn't define a person.  If we fail at something we fail at something, it doesn't make the person a failure, just failed at that particular challenge
"the music isn't here to save the world, its there to save your life"  - skip jones, in 'stories we could tell' tony parsons, harper collins / qpd

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #9539 on: December 9, 2013, 08:23:20 pm »
In one of my sessions recently I was told failure doesn't define a person.  If we fail at something we fail at something, it doesn't make the person a failure, just failed at that particular challenge

If you're alive, you're winning.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9540 on: December 10, 2013, 04:11:40 pm »
I know im hard on myself , far too hard but its all i know. When playing guitar and its going well i will play with a massive smile knowing im doing well, but one tiny mistake really gets me down. Its stupid but as i said, i know i can do better.

On a plus note i made my first attempt at baking bread from scratch today and ill be honest it was fucking lovely :) Its the little things, im back playing guitar with a bit more drive, ive a bit more focus now ive a clearer head and ive come to terms with a few things, ive a missus that gives me a reason to do shit. Ok, its only housework and cooking her dinner and tea when she gets in from work but its something to know im not a complete waste. Its nice to know she comes home and doesnt have to do piss all apart from watch Emmerdale. Ok thats a downside, maybe i should delete it all from the skybox :)

Im just trying to take the small positives for once and santa is coming soon and i have to be a good boy for him. That sounds right dodgy wooooo hoooo.

Thanks for your support guys, means a lot and you always offer it.

Take care ,

Carl.

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #9541 on: December 11, 2013, 09:56:37 am »
Nice one, Carl!

Time for you to decide how you want us to picture you in your new daily life...

Like this:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9DbUPjEbIvA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9DbUPjEbIvA</a>

or like this:

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9542 on: December 11, 2013, 10:01:04 am »
You fucking beer swilling, bacon eating, porn producing fuck. Thats an insult...

( im both of them tbf ;)  )

Oh and ill prove it later...with pics

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #9543 on: December 11, 2013, 10:04:56 am »
You fucking beer swilling, bacon eating, porn producing fuck. Thats an insult...

( im both of them tbf ;)  )

Oh and ill prove it later...with pics

Only if the pics can be unseen!!!

Now stop de-railing the thread will you!?!?? ;)

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9544 on: December 11, 2013, 11:44:40 am »
On a plus note i made my first attempt at baking bread from scratch today and ill be honest it was fucking lovely :) Its the little things,

It's a great hobby. Nothing like kneading dough to get rid of some residual anger. I absolutely batter that floury fucker. I think next door thinks I beat my little boy the noise is so loud. Plus it makes your house smell nice, and you can save money and get a much better class of butty/toast.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline TomMorganLittle

• Kopite
  • -P-U-N-X-
« Reply #9545 on: December 11, 2013, 11:55:33 am »
I know im hard on myself , far too hard but its all i know. When playing guitar and its going well i will play with a massive smile knowing im doing well, but one tiny mistake really gets me down. Its stupid but as i said, i know i can do better.

On a plus note i made my first attempt at baking bread from scratch today and ill be honest it was fucking lovely :) Its the little things, im back playing guitar with a bit more drive, ive a bit more focus now ive a clearer head and ive come to terms with a few things, ive a missus that gives me a reason to do shit. Ok, its only housework and cooking her dinner and tea when she gets in from work but its something to know im not a complete waste. Its nice to know she comes home and doesnt have to do piss all apart from watch Emmerdale. Ok thats a downside, maybe i should delete it all from the skybox :)

Im just trying to take the small positives for once and santa is coming soon and i have to be a good boy for him. That sounds right dodgy wooooo hoooo.

Thanks for your support guys, means a lot and you always offer it.

Take care ,

Carl.

Ever tought about getting a bike? Not just a shit bike for going to the shops on but a half decent one that you can go on rides on and keep fit? Getting fit can do wanders for your mental health.
-P-U-N-X-

Bastion of Invincibility

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9546 on: December 11, 2013, 05:13:58 pm »
Thought? Thats the thing that does me in mate lol. I cant really ride a pushbike as me knees are knackered. If you listen to the fuckers in here they will tell you i cant ride a motorbike either ;)

Im on my plan. Ive played more guitar today than i have in the last 4-5 months and i fucking loved it. My fingers were killing me but i genuinely smiled through the pain. Been a looooonnnnngggg time.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #9547 on: December 11, 2013, 08:19:43 pm »
Thought? Thats the thing that does me in mate lol. I cant really ride a pushbike as me knees are knackered. If you listen to the fuckers in here they will tell you i cant ride a motorbike either ;)

Im on my plan. Ive played more guitar today than i have in the last 4-5 months and i fucking loved it. My fingers were killing me but i genuinely smiled through the pain. Been a looooonnnnngggg time.

hows it going on getting another job

I know its pretty hard in general to find something

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9548 on: December 12, 2013, 09:00:05 am »
Im working hard towards getting back into teaching guitar. Ive a mate with a professional teaching school so im actually ripping my fingers apart trying to get back to a level i used to be at. Its good, the missus knows about it and says to me that i can turn my amp up as loud as i want when i want and dont worry about her son who is asleep :) Then again he does lie in till 12-1pm so its not like 5am. Its nice, im smiling, sleeping and i actually ate the other day. Obviously im asking friends and family to keep their eyes open for me. Cousin bought a fishing trawler a few weeks back and im thinking of asking him if he has any jobs on das boot.

Offline Wigan Red

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9549 on: December 12, 2013, 01:31:00 pm »
Just seen this thread. As a recovering addict I would always suggest a 12 step fellowship, such as AA or in my case NA. Just my personal opnion as it worked for me.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9550 on: December 12, 2013, 03:08:41 pm »
Just seen this thread. As a recovering addict I would always suggest a 12 step fellowship, such as AA or in my case NA. Just my personal opnion as it worked for me.

Start from the beginning mate. Its an eye opener this thread...

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9551 on: December 12, 2013, 07:28:21 pm »
My fiance has had a phone call to fast track her for cancer tests due to problems etc. Life loves to keep on giving...

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9552 on: December 12, 2013, 10:36:15 pm »
My fiance has had a phone call to fast track her for cancer tests due to problems etc. Life loves to keep on giving...

Whats that mean carl?

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9553 on: December 12, 2013, 10:41:33 pm »
Not pissed! Not drank since last week - so a good result so far there, i am however going to be homeless tomorrow, oh the joy, one hurdle jumped and before you know it another gets slapped at your shins.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9554 on: December 12, 2013, 10:54:02 pm »
Not pissed! Not drank since last week - so a good result so far there, i am however going to be homeless tomorrow, oh the joy, one hurdle jumped and before you know it another gets slapped at your shins.

Eh?  Whats happening mate?

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9555 on: December 12, 2013, 11:24:18 pm »
Eh?  Whats happening mate?

I been bed hopping for a while, since i lost my job in August.

I was due to move out on Monday / Tuesday next week - however on my bender last week / week before, i walloped my uncles whiskey back, he's noticed it's gone and has asked me to leave earlier. So another fine mess i created for meself... however, positives... i have been off the grog now for a week, and i have no desire to get back on it either, infact i've been up since 7 got back at half 9 tonight having travelled two counties in search of work. So i've been a busy bee.

Not one step forward two steps back, more two steps forward, one step back.... progress of some kind i guess.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9556 on: December 13, 2013, 12:37:19 pm »
Whats that mean carl?

She was bleeding down below, and the doctor saw her. About two hours later she had a phone call saying that shes been put through for an emergency medical examination.

What does this mean, i hope nothing. I am trying to keep her smiling and all that and i know its crude but when i get ill etc i say ' damn arse cancer '. Its just from a Jim Jeffries video. So now i ask how her c*nt cancer is. It must sound bad but she smiles, because if she stops smiling ill fall to bits. You all know i lost both my parents, foster dad, aunts to cancer so i know the seriousness of it all,  i just dont want to think of any bad scenario so i make light of it. I dont say what i say to belittle what may happen, its just how i cope. Smile and make it seem all is ok.

Inside im fucking mortified if im honest. Smile and keep on going...

Offline cowtownred

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9557 on: December 13, 2013, 04:19:34 pm »
I been bed hopping for a while, since i lost my job in August.

I was due to move out on Monday / Tuesday next week - however on my bender last week / week before, i walloped my uncles whiskey back, he's noticed it's gone and has asked me to leave earlier. So another fine mess i created for meself... however, positives... i have been off the grog now for a week, and i have no desire to get back on it either, infact i've been up since 7 got back at half 9 tonight having travelled two counties in search of work. So i've been a busy bee.

Not one step forward two steps back, more two steps forward, one step back.... progress of some kind i guess.

Hope you've got somewhere to go mate?

Offline cowtownred

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9558 on: December 13, 2013, 04:20:06 pm »
She was bleeding down below, and the doctor saw her. About two hours later she had a phone call saying that shes been put through for an emergency medical examination.

What does this mean, i hope nothing. I am trying to keep her smiling and all that and i know its crude but when i get ill etc i say ' damn arse cancer '. Its just from a Jim Jeffries video. So now i ask how her c*nt cancer is. It must sound bad but she smiles, because if she stops smiling ill fall to bits. You all know i lost both my parents, foster dad, aunts to cancer so i know the seriousness of it all,  i just dont want to think of any bad scenario so i make light of it. I dont say what i say to belittle what may happen, its just how i cope. Smile and make it seem all is ok.

Inside im fucking mortified if im honest. Smile and keep on going...

When is she due to be checked over?
Lots of causes of that, so hopefully niothing serious.

(Actually, thinking about it, must mean you are just being far too fucking rough with that monster you got down below)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 04:22:10 pm by cowtownred »

Offline Red Genius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9559 on: December 13, 2013, 04:31:39 pm »
Hope you've got somewhere to go mate?

Not yet, not looking great, rang around YMCA's, charities, salvation army and organisations of similar ilk, i don't fall very comfortably into their requirements (single bloke 29) - went to the council, *might* have something more permanent from Monday onwards, me mates that are close ones aren't in a position to help (spare rooms / living with parents because of relationships breaking up etc) i'm sat here feeling particularly uncomfortable because i know me uncle wants me out, i'm waiting on my folks calling me back to see what happens next.

They don't want me on the street, but they're over in Portugal so its not like i can just go and hang out there for a couple days. I cancelled (daftly) my job seekers when i went on a warehouse induction (zero hours) and no work came of it, so i'm broke too - or i'd have just paid up a night in a hotel.

So, could still end up in a doorway tonight - although i got too much stuff to go far (suitcase, rucksack, my suit holder thingy and laptop bag)

Life's shite sometimes, just when i was moving on (no drink - job interviews) i get kicked on my arse again. Tired of this now.

The Legend - Sami Hyypia