Author Topic: The English Football Poker/Brinkmanship/Chicken/FFS Draft - Rules and Round 11  (Read 25844 times)

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Super sub comes from the banned players right?

My take is that super subs come from Tier 1 teams that have not had a player blocked/chosen and then if blocked we go to Tier 2 teams... Subtle difference as they were not an eligible pick after their tier but were not selected either.

JK, clarification?
« Last Edit: August 3, 2019, 04:41:34 am by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Two picks. Two blocks. Amazing!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Super Sub Pending                                                                               

Ederson

Aaron Wan-Bissaka                         Gary Ablett                            Jonas Olsson                         Virgil Van Dijk

Declan Rice

Luka Modric                               Nathan Redmond

Riyad Mahrez                                                                                                                       Antony Martial

Divock Origi
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Hey, drafters, leave Rondon alone
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
My take is that super subs come from Tier 1 teams that have not had a player blocked/chosen and then if blocked we go to Tier 2 teams... Subtle difference as they were not an eligible pick after their tier but were not selected either.

JK, clarification?

It’s the same as every other round except no positional restrictions.

So it’s any player from last season’s top 6 who hasn’t been picked or blocked yet.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
I am taking Ryan Fraser and Theo Walcott. Stay away from those two. Its not that hard people.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Trend has the greatest love of my life at present up front in Divock Origi. Ergo, he should win.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
Think I’ll go for Paul Pogba as my super sub as he’s got a bit of versatility of how he can be deployed.

Let me know if anyone else is going for him and I’ll reconsider.

Might not be the most appreciated pick but given the players left think he’s the most suitable.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
It’s the same as every other round except no positional restrictions.

So it’s any player from last season’s top 6 who hasn’t been picked or blocked yet.

Righto cheers

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We aim to please here at the publication for cock blocking (pube-f-cock-blo for short). 

Our subscriptions have been down lately, which is fucking appalling on all fronts and Chak's my nutsack, but with more Adz revenue and writing to max of our efforts, I am sure we can produce enough joie-de-viva, run-on Claus(es), and whoopie cushioned headers.  Long term trends are high when we look at the de facts.  Only a total Jersey City Klepto from the LFsea would have issues against our circulation.

Signed,

Mikey Vishwa - Cock blocking author of the people!

Just wanted to remind everyone this was written for your amusement (ahem must have been missed in the melee of cock blocks).

Just wanted to remind everyone this was written for your amusement (ahem must have been missed in the melee of cock blocks).
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Fuckingappalled - Rondon (ST), Giroud (Sub)
Max - Fraser(LW) and Walcott(ST), Alderweireld (Sub)
DeFacto - Keita (Sub)
Claus - Jimenez (ST), Rashford (Sub)
Lovely - Ozil (Sub)
MikeyLFC - Pogba (Sub)
Vish - Babel (LW), Deeney (ST), Oxlade-Chamberlain (Sub)
Adz - Ings (LW), Jimenez (ST), Pedro (Sub)
TrendChak - Keita (Sub)
Viva - Drogba (Sub)

Babel, Ings and Fraser are fine so LWs are done.
Jimenez is invalid. Rondon, Walcott and Deeney are fine.
Giroud, Alderweireld, Rashford, Ozil, Pogba, Ox, Pedro and Drogba are fine. Though Viva needs to tell me which season’s Drogba he wants! Keita is invalid.

So I need:

Tier 3 STs from Claus, Viva and Adz.
Tier 2 Super Subs from TrendChak and deFacto.

And that might just be that...

24 hours etc! Will update teams soon, still sending these from my phone.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Love how Viva is going to end up with Glenn Murray up front and Drogba on the bench.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Damn it Trend....

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
So my side is:

GK:Rui Patricio
RB: Martin Montoya
LB: Ben Chilwell
CB: Davinson Sanchez
CB: Marco Materazzi (98/99)
CM: Youri Tielemans
CM: Javier Mascherano (08/09)
AM: Gini Wijnaldum
RW: Lucas Moura
LW: Willian
ST: Luis Suarez (13/14)

Sub: Paul Pogba
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Damn it Trend....

Seriously?! Everyone to pick from and you block us?? Whyyyyy?

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Seriously?! Everyone to pick from and you block us?? Whyyyyy?

I ask you the same question!  ;D

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

:lmao

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
So what's next? Have we still got rounds to run for some?

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
So what's next? Have we still got rounds to run for some?

Me and Adz both picked Wilson so another round for us at least
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Me and Adz both picked Wilson so another round for us at least

Who is this now.....
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• Legacy Fan
HAHAHAH. Oh Claus bless you :D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's a long story!

We have long ears - would love to hear about it :)

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Right, nearly there.

DeFacto picked Ndidi as his super sub. Fine.
Viva picked Mitrovic as his striker, also fine.
TrendChak picked Milivojevic as their super sub. Fine.
Adz and Claus both picked Wilson. So I need a tier 4 striker please from both, then we’re done and the games commence.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone know how to get this https://www.buildlineup.com/

to load into an actual picture of our lineup?

1.  Actual Lineup using the rules of the draft https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/5d488be2138c092e24ade836
2.  Our best lineup - subbing after 1 minute https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/5d488e53138c092e24ade837
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
Use the snipping tool on your desktop/laptop, then upload it to an image hosting site?

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Use the snipping tool on your desktop/laptop, then upload it to an image hosting site?

Snipping tool?  Thanks Claus.  Nothing getting me jumblies snipped, quipped, and shipped in 10 minutes on the web!

LUKA MODRIC (2011-2012 Season) - Sorry JK
« Last Edit: August 5, 2019, 10:59:43 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• Legacy Fan
Snipping tool?

Not what they use to circumcise you   ;D

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Snipping tool?

Go into search on your desktop. Type in snipping tool. And there you are.

Basically let’s you cut and paste anything by just selecting it.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not what they use to circumcise you   ;D

Oof! That was painful De. Felt that in the nether regions...that  C word always does it to me

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Here's Trend-Chak's Lineup after 1 minute substitute :)

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Here's Trend-Chak's Lineup after 1 minute substitute :)

Yeah, but, where's the biogs and tactics write up Trend? My favourite bedtime reading....well, that and Jackie Collins, like

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Just checking but after the substitutions don’t players have to stay in their original positions?

Otherwise it kind of defeats the point of the positions based draft?

I thought we should post the drafted XIs with the sub mentioned, and in the write ups we can say who the sub comes on for but without any significant change in others positions?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah, but, where's the biogs and tactics write up Trend? My favourite bedtime reading....well, that and Jackie Collins, like

Its written in invisible ink in honor of F-Appalled, who tends to like small words (things) with big meaning :)

Tactics, you say? 

Finishing the draft without deFacto writing the same exact thing and submitting it!!!!
« Last Edit: August 5, 2019, 10:38:48 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just checking but after the substitutions don’t players have to stay in their original positions?

I thought we should post the drafted XIs with the sub mentioned, and in the write ups we can say who the sub comes on for but without any significant change in others positions?

But when I bring Drogba on after one minute, I need De Bruyne moving from RB into an advanced position on the right to whip in crosses for him. That's okay, isn't it, mate? Change of player from the bench, change of tactics, surely...

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I submitted the second one as kind of:

1.  A joke, a lark, a laughable understanding between mates of the absurdity of our sheep
2.  Highlighting how we might actually play if allowed to field our best 11 in favorable positions.

This was intended to be only a shits and giggles lineup and not something I wish to write a dissertation upon.

Worry... worry worry.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN: