Author Topic: European and World Champion and all round Big Man Joseph Dave Gomez  (Read 773798 times)

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: England International Joseph Dave Gomez
« Reply #2720 on: December 6, 2018, 06:25:30 pm »
Read fracture first and assumed a really bad outcome like many of the posters above. But up to six weeks sounds good, he could theoretically be back in mid Jan and would have missed about 6 league games.
But seriously, the medical care they get now is something, even for a fibula fracture, to be at game speed after 6 weeks is impressive.

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #2721 on: December 6, 2018, 06:27:50 pm »
Dyche will be happy. Put down a marker that did.
Pretenting to be confused by Klopps comments, he cant be that thick, surely!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2722 on: December 6, 2018, 06:35:49 pm »
Gutted for him. Possibly at the worst point of the season for it to happen

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2723 on: December 6, 2018, 06:40:12 pm »
Pretenting to be confused by Klopps comments, he cant be that thick, surely!

I wasn't aware before that he's such a c*nt. He's in my black list now.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2724 on: December 6, 2018, 06:48:49 pm »
Was the break caused by Mee directly or the fall afterwards?

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #2725 on: December 6, 2018, 06:51:39 pm »
I can understand people being pissed off losing Joe just before the busiest time of the season - it sucks.

But hand on heart, I thought Mee’s tackle was hard but legal. Bardsley on the other hand - that was characteristically nasty. I don’t care for the Burnleys of this world either - they rely on physicality to compensate for ability, as do some other, but certainly not all, of the teams promoted to the top flight.

Weak and inconsistent refereeing are seen too often where there’s a gulf in quality. It’s why I wasn’t unhappy to see our FA cup draw; the thought of playing on some ‘70s mudheap away to a lower league team of ‘equalisers’, with a referee similar in mindset to last night’s, is the stuff of nightmares.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2726 on: December 6, 2018, 06:56:55 pm »
I can understand people being pissed off losing Joe just before the busiest time of the season - it sucks.

But hand on heart, I thought Mee’s tackle was hard but legal. Bardsley on the other hand - that was characteristically nasty. I don’t care for the Burnleys of this world either - they rely on physicality to compensate for ability, as do some other, but certainly not all, of the teams promoted to the top flight.

Weak and inconsistent refereeing are seen too often where there’s a gulf in quality. It’s why I wasn’t unhappy to see our FA cup draw; the thought of playing on some ‘70s mudheap away to a lower league team of ‘equalisers’, with a referee similar in mindset to last night’s, is the stuff of nightmares.

spot on. Didnt see a problem with Gomez's tackle. If it was Mee on receiving end we'd be saying a great tackle.

Bardsley can fuck off though

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2727 on: December 6, 2018, 07:28:03 pm »
Could have been a lot worse...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2728 on: December 6, 2018, 07:40:14 pm »

Don’t blame yourself mate.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2729 on: December 6, 2018, 07:44:25 pm »

I've not seen any replays since so I may be talking  ::) but at the time it looked like Mee could have made a standing tackle but slowed his approach down in order to make a 'big' tackle.  If it was Lovren doing it though we'd all be back-slapping "Big Degsy" so we can't have it both ways.

Totally agree about the cup draw.  We see it on a smaller scale with the referees not giving penalties for us at home, but it's magnified x10 when it's plucky underdogs vs. top six Premier League team in the cups.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2730 on: December 6, 2018, 07:45:37 pm »

I think its when he goes from grass to the 4G surrounding the turf that he gets it caught underneath him so probably nothing to do with the actual tackle itself.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2731 on: December 6, 2018, 08:07:50 pm »
I don't know why some people are saying it was a good tackle on Joe. A good tackle doesn't put another player out of action for at least 6 weeks. The tackle was poor, it was reckless and dangerous. We've come up against plenty of hard tough tackling teams already this season. But this is the first one where the manager had his players deliberately trying to injure us.

The damage to Joe was done during the tackle. A scissors tackle where the burnley player rotates his body after the tackle catching Joe's ankle/leg.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2732 on: December 6, 2018, 08:18:40 pm »
Yeah it's clear the injury happens as his leg gets trapped underneath Mee's leg. It was a bit of a scissor tackle but hard to know if he meant to do damage. Very wet pitch etc.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2733 on: December 6, 2018, 08:30:09 pm »
Like Klopp said though there’s just zero need for a tackle like that in that position unless you are trying to injure people.

That aside as long as VVD stays fit we should be solid enough with either one slotting in so not a massive problem.

Offline tea_tree

• oily and antiseptic.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #2734 on: December 6, 2018, 08:30:33 pm »
Exactly! Stupid crappy team, I hope they get relegated! :no :wanker
"At Liverpool I have never pulled back, I also went to war together with my fans"

Rafa Benitez

Online exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #2735 on: December 6, 2018, 08:31:40 pm »
Its a shitty tackle by a limited, shitty footballer who plays for a limited, shitty football club. 
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2736 on: December 6, 2018, 08:36:45 pm »
6 weeks is nothing compared to what it could have been. We’ve had a escape

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #2737 on: December 6, 2018, 09:07:32 pm »

On the official webcast commentary last night, Ronnie Whelan was apoplectic over that referee......I was as well !

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2738 on: December 6, 2018, 09:37:34 pm »
Exactly! Stupid crappy team, I hope they get relegated! :no :wanker
To the rugby league.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #2739 on: December 6, 2018, 09:49:57 pm »
The tackle in isolation is fine, it rides the line between hard and illegal. Put 30 of those in 90mins, and someone is getting hurt.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Nice one, Barney lad!

• Main Stander
  • Take me to your Klopp.
« Reply #2740 on: December 6, 2018, 09:51:40 pm »
I’m guessing it’s the fibula - as he was wincing when the physio presses the outside of his ankle - the smaller of the two in the lower leg, and a buckle to green stick type fracture range. In his age and condition it should heal quick and in some ways it is better than a ligament/soft tissue injury.
All depends on the severity but let’s hope it’s more ‘bone crack’ than ‘crushed bone’.
Burnley: New favourites for going down on 39 points, last day of the season, having won 7-1 vs Cardiff but needing 7 clear goals to stay up. c*nts.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #2741 on: December 6, 2018, 10:01:36 pm »

Directly. Gomez leg was caught under.

I do not agree that it was legal. It was totally needless and the follow through has to be considered. Taking the ball doesn't negate the fact that it was a dangerous tackle. We have seen many red cards, some even to our own players where we took the ball and the player together and got sent off.

Gomez was going into a corner where there was no where to run to. It was just right at the edge of pitch and close to shitty advertising boards. The pitch was also elevated. So consider all these facts, what the fuck was Mee trying to tackle other than to injure a player and prove a point?!

Get fucked Burnley.

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2742 on: December 6, 2018, 11:03:23 pm »
Speedy recovery for gomez been brilliant this season,  Burnley can rot in the championship please.
No time for caution.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #2743 on: December 6, 2018, 11:23:02 pm »
Damn
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2744 on: December 6, 2018, 11:37:35 pm »
Gutted!
Believer

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2745 on: December 7, 2018, 12:00:21 am »
I don't know why some people are saying it was a good tackle on Joe. A good tackle doesn't put another player out of action for at least 6 weeks. The tackle was poor, it was reckless and dangerous. We've come up against plenty of hard tough tackling teams already this season. But this is the first one where the manager had his players deliberately trying to injure us.

The damage to Joe was done during the tackle. A scissors tackle where the burnley player rotates his body after the tackle catching Joe's ankle/leg.
Agree. That was a tackle with intent not to hurt but to send a message that we are taking no prisoners and if you get hurt, so be it. Ben Mee did not need to twist Joe’s ankle with the scissor move - that move caused the break

And there were like 6-7 other similar tackles all game. Bardsley on Moreno was a nasty one too. Sean Dyche can fuck off and I couldn’t care less if Burnley get relegated and stay down forever
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Bjornar

• Kopite
« Reply #2746 on: December 7, 2018, 12:04:09 am »
Glad it´s not worse. Will be a formidable reinforcement if we´re still in the race when he´s back.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #2747 on: December 7, 2018, 12:13:15 am »
I think it was Danny Murphy who was one of the only pundits to call these type of tackles and got condemned for speaking up.

This 'I got the ball' isn't a get out of jail card for the brutality/ferocity of some of this stuff

Mee technically may have won the ball but knew full well he was going to hurt the opponent in the knowledge that a) he would get away with it b) his manager would cover for him.

The pundits will conveniently ignore the damage done to the player and hide behind the fair but hard rhetoric.

Others need to condemn this type of behaviour...
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2748 on: December 7, 2018, 12:31:44 am »
Bad timig, seeing the number of important games coming up!
Hoping Lovren will step up. 
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2749 on: December 7, 2018, 07:24:46 am »
I actually think gomez being out is gonna make affect us quite a lot. VVD and him have so much pace within them that it enables us to have a high line. Lovern and Matip are not as quick and this might affect our pressing game as we won't be able to defend high as we do now.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Online rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2750 on: December 7, 2018, 07:35:07 am »
Have no doubt he'll come back as good as ever, hasn't let two much worse injuries hold him back already. Absolute twat of a period to miss him for though.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #2751 on: December 7, 2018, 07:36:24 am »
For all those saying ‘hard but fair’.... when do yo ever see any player at a top side make a sweeping tackle like that? They are pretty rare and usually reserved for Neymar...
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #2752 on: December 7, 2018, 08:22:11 am »
6 weeks is long during this busy period but it's not as bad as I thought when they said fracture.

Get well soon, Joe!! YNWA

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2753 on: December 7, 2018, 08:30:55 am »
Just want to make the point that Joe actually took two other "hard" tackles before the one that did the damage happened. So fed up of the media dismissing the managers concern over this. There is a bit in the Guardian that is outrageous. When Guardiola complains I wonder if they will be so quick to dismiss his comments.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2754 on: December 7, 2018, 08:31:39 am »
Schwarzer on Sky is basically saying all the tackles were fine and not dangerous, and the fault lies with Klopp for playing Gomez out of position  :butt

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2755 on: December 7, 2018, 08:46:40 am »
Schwarzer on Sky is basically saying all the tackles were fine and not dangerous, and the fault lies with Klopp for playing Gomez out of position  :butt

Higginbotham agrees... then points out a terrible challenge which is exactly why Klopp was mad. They're focusing on the Gomez challenge as if it was tge sole reason Klopp was annoyed when in reality that was just one of numerous challenges.

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2756 on: December 7, 2018, 08:46:59 am »
Just want to make the point that Joe actually took two other "hard" tackles before the one that did the damage happened. So fed up of the media dismissing the managers concern over this. There is a bit in the Guardian that is outrageous. When Guardiola complains I wonder if they will be so quick to dismiss his comments.

Guardiola did complain when they played Cardiff in the cup (last season I think) because Warnock sent his team out in the same way Dyche did. To be fair, half the media did the same thing they've done with Klopp and taken the side of the plucky underdog team who have to be fierce to compete bollocks.

What people seem to forget is the wet pitch factor, I've always been told to adjust the way I tackle in the rain cause it's easier to injure someone. Sometimes what's a borderline on a dry pitch is reckless on a wet pitch because of the likely hood of sliding without control and studs getting caught in the wet turf.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2757 on: December 7, 2018, 09:54:25 am »
You can tell from Klopp post-match interview and how nervous he was on the touchline before Joe's injury, that he saw it coming. He sniffed Dyche's dirty tactics and their intentions early on.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2758 on: December 7, 2018, 10:03:05 am »
Well it is very much a clash of minds and beliefs. On the one hand you've got the old school style of English football. Which for many is the only way, or has its charm. And how the fuck do you then take on this new school of football, where by the books legal but tough tackles are questioned by these foreign managers?

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #2759 on: December 7, 2018, 10:08:35 am »
A broken or cracked bone is always much better than ligament damage, so I am very relieved. This won't affect the muscles too much, after four weeks it will be healed and then two more weeks of recovery and Gomez is properly back. Shit tackles from Burnley all night long, potential red on Moreno missed, simply shit ref.

Compare that to Oxlade-Chamberlain, a big part of his recovery is just re-building all these muscles, that alone takes so much time.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.