Author Topic: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...  (Read 848517 times)

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
#Sausages

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Re: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...
« Reply #3043 on: March 26, 2020, 03:50:54 pm »
Fuck!  Imagine your club has finally looked like going up and you're told all the hard work has been in vain.

One irony, FC United of Manchester are 2nd & in a playoff spot[a mile behind first place] in the Northern Premier League, so will be denied promotion to the National League North.

If you're South Shields however you'd be fuming, 12 points clear in first with 9 games left, results will now be void & South Shields won't be promoted.
#Sausages

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3044 on: March 26, 2020, 03:53:23 pm »
Vauxhall Motors - already clinched promotion, and for nothing :(
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3045 on: March 26, 2020, 03:57:32 pm »
Lower Breck were as good as up as well.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3046 on: March 26, 2020, 04:01:08 pm »
Both Messi and Ronaldo have donated a million euros to help in Spain and Portugal respectively
Clement Attlee wrote this in 1920:

Charity is a cold grey loveless thing. If a rich man wants to help the poor, he should pay his taxes gladly, not dole out money at a whim.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3047 on: March 26, 2020, 04:02:44 pm »
Surely now is as good a time as any to re-arrange the lower leagues so they're a bit more regulated?  As in teams at similar levels have similar amounts of teams going up and down (from next season).  What happens to prize money?
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3048 on: March 26, 2020, 04:07:16 pm »

Charity is a cold grey loveless thing. If a rich man wants to help the poor, he should pay his taxes gladly, not dole out money at a whim.

This is a great quote. I lot of fuckers are going to get a lot of publicity over the coming months with gestures that don't scratch the surface of what they should be doing. I'm waiting on Amazon, Apple, etc to announce multi-million dollar donations that wouldn't cover half of an annual tax bill if they were being chased up properly.

See also: Dyson.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3049 on: March 26, 2020, 04:31:36 pm »
This is a great quote. I lot of fuckers are going to get a lot of publicity over the coming months with gestures that don't scratch the surface of what they should be doing. I'm waiting on Amazon, Apple, etc to announce multi-million dollar donations that wouldn't cover half of an annual tax bill if they were being chased up properly.

See also: Dyson.

Oh yeah,am sure the praise will flood in, how they are lovely people for doing this, both of them are hypocrites as far as am concerned.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #3050 on: March 26, 2020, 06:19:43 pm »
I think Messi's is split between Spain, and Rosario in Argentina, but yeah good gestures.

Does it cover the €4.1million he defrauded the Spanish government of taxes?
:D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3051 on: March 26, 2020, 07:36:48 pm »
Vauxhall Motors - already clinched promotion, and for nothing :(
They must be furious at such a cavalier approach
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3052 on: March 26, 2020, 07:39:33 pm »
Former Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness said that there will be no more nine-figure transfers in the near future as clubs recover from the financial consequence of COVID-19.

"The current situation is a threat, but also a chance to change the coordinates. You can't dictate it, but transfer fees in excess of €100 million will be a thing of the past for the next few years.

The transfer fees will drop and will not return to the current level in the next two, three years. All countries are affected. There will most likely be a new footballing world."

Hoeness added that the Bundesliga's suspension threatens the overall existence of the league.

Sponsorship and television make up 57.9% of the league's revenue.

"Games without fans still guarantee the distribution of TV income and if that happens there will not be any existential problems for the 2019-20 season.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3053 on: March 26, 2020, 07:51:53 pm »

Why not both? Attlee was obviously making a necessary point about tax evasion and the cult of public magnanimity and the kind of elective philanthropy that often means causes most in need go without in favour of sexier causes or things designed to make the giver look good or fit a social/political stance.

But even rich people can give for the right reasons, and even charity for the wrong reasons helps those it reaches. The money doesn't look, taste, smell or work differently. Besides, who are we to judge - in fact why are we setting ourselves up as judges?

Oh yeah,am sure the praise will flood in, how they are lovely people for doing this, both of them are hypocrites as far as am concerned.
Does it matter? Ultimately the money is still donated, especially in instances like this. If some people get some jollies out of looking good in the media, so what?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3054 on: March 26, 2020, 08:14:18 pm »
They must be furious at such a cavalier approach

Yep, Vauxhall Motors were 16 points clear top of the table having guaranteed promotion, now all be for nothing, meanwhilst statement from South Shields FC
Over recent weeks the coronavirus outbreak has reminded us all – as if we needed it – that football is just a game.

Health must always take priority over sport and this is a virus which does not discriminate. It has affected us all and there is rightly huge worry over health and livelihoods across the world.

Our strong belief is that football will have a key part to play when life eventually returns to normal, whenever that will be.

Football binds so many of us together and is important to so many lives. Not important in the grand scheme of life and health, but important nonetheless. It provides a release to so many people once or twice a week and individuals the world over dedicate much of their lives to following their team and striving for every ounce of joy it brings. At its best it is a simply joyful game.

For that reason, we make no apology for making our feelings regarding the FA’s decision to declare the 2019-20 season null and void from step three of the non-league system downwards known.

As has been well-documented, ahead of the season being paused as a result of the coronavirus outbreak just 10 days ago South Shields sat top of the BetVictor Northern Premier Division, 12 points clear of our nearest rivals with nine games to play.

We will now never know how the remainder of the campaign would have played out but we have full confidence that our outstanding players and management would have completed the job and sealed promotion to National League North.

To have that prospect snatched away so quickly is something all players and staff at the club are finding understandably difficult to comprehend.

We do not understand the rush there has been among many quarters of the non-league game to conclude the season so quickly.

We recognise that many clubs simply do not have the resources to continue paying players and staff during an enforced lay-off such as this, with so much uncertainty over when football will return. But would it not have been more prudent to keep the season suspended until it is safe to return, end contracts as they would usually end following the completion of the season, allow clubs to re-assemble squads when the situation is more clear and then complete this campaign when the opportunity arises?

The FA’s decision has effectively punished those clubs further down the non-league system which have strived tirelessly over the last six months to progress up the pyramid. We stand alongside the many other clubs which find themselves in a similar situation and have already opened dialogue with some of them regarding the best way forward. We will write to the FA in the strongest possible terms so they are left in no uncertainty as to our feelings, and will seek to appeal if there is a mechanism to do so. If the response does not satisfy us we will seek legal advice.

We will seek clarification over whether, with all of the results of the 2019-20 season now annulled, all fines paid to the FA as a result of players picking up yellow and red cards in those matches will now be reimbursed. We will seek clarification over whether the FA will now refund all tickets bought by supporters for those annulled games. We will seek clarification over whether the FA will reimburse the costs accrued by clubs over the last six months for coach travel to away fixtures, which in our case equates to approximately £20,000. We have several other questions and look forward to the FA’s reply.

A further concern of ours is that, should coronavirus be ‘beaten’ over the summer months only to return in a frightening second wave next winter, results next season will also be annulled. It is our strong suggestion that the FA rule book is amended now so that such injustices do not occur again in the future. If seasons cannot be completed, we strongly disagree that they should be consigned to the history books. There are fairer ways to draw a line under things, including applying a points per game ratio to the standings and potentially promoting those in promotion positions and sparing those in relegation spots, leading to some leagues being slightly larger in number the following campaign.

We look forward with interest to see which way the National League season is finalised. What is the reason the FA has allowed step three of the non-league system downwards to be cut off from the pyramid in this way?

We also look ahead with interest to see which way other leagues higher up the pyramid – particularly the Premier League – are concluded should no more football be possible. Will the Premier League also be null and void should this happen?

The 2019-20 season taught us plenty, on and off the pitch. We would like to pay a huge tribute to everyone who played a part in it, from our players and staff to our outstanding supporters, sponsors and volunteers. Your backing is incredible and we are sorry the conclusion to the season is not the one you all deserved. We are even more determined to go again next season and give it absolutely everything we have got to secure promotion in 2020-21, so please keep the faith.

We face huge challenges financially over the summer months and hugely appreciate all those who have shown incredible commitment to the club over recent weeks by purchasing early bird season tickets, merchandise and making donations. You will all get the opportunity to buy shares in the club once the current uncertain situation becomes more clear, as we have promised previously.

We do not know when the 2020-21 season will begin. That will be determined by how the current worldwide health crisis develops over the coming months.

We are hugely looking forward to the day football returns to Mariners Park and we are able to see our supporters again. The next few months are going to be very long for more than one reason but we will be back, and are confident you will be too.

Please continue to abide by Government advice and stay at home as much as you possibly can. There will be a day when this virus is an awful memory but there are, of course, many difficult days ahead. Thank you once again for your continued support and please, please stay safe. We wish you and your families the very best of health. There are much better days ahead.

#Sausages

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #3055 on: March 26, 2020, 08:22:18 pm »

Love that. Ta
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3056 on: March 26, 2020, 08:26:31 pm »
Yep, Vauxhall Motors were 16 points clear top of the table having guaranteed promotion, now all be for nothing, meanwhilst statement from South Shields FC
I agree with Vauxhall Motors that such a cavalier approach was a nova reaction. Still, the corsa history never runs smooth  ;)

(Thanks for the statement; I hope they get the FA to backtrack)

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #3057 on: March 26, 2020, 09:32:13 pm »
Wow, that's a strong statement from South Shields. Feel really sorry for them.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3058 on: March 26, 2020, 09:40:01 pm »
Wow, that's a strong statement from South Shields. Feel really sorry for them.

I have to agree with them

Not sure how you wipe it all - I get there’s a struggle with contracts etc at that level but surely finish the season when you can with relaxed rules on signings would be better than this approach

New season won’t start for a long time yet at that level so seemed a rushed decision. Feel there was middle ground

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3059 on: March 26, 2020, 10:11:51 pm »
I have to agree with them

Not sure how you wipe it all - I get there’s a struggle with contracts etc at that level but surely finish the season when you can with relaxed rules on signings would be better than this approach

New season won’t start for a long time yet at that level so seemed a rushed decision. Feel there was middle ground

Then you get a second wave of this Coronavirus next year & what happens then when everything gets suspended, same thing cancel the season again as the FA have now set a precedent.
#Sausages

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3060 on: March 26, 2020, 10:16:30 pm »
Then you get a second wave of this Coronavirus next year & what happens then when everything gets suspended, same thing cancel the season again as the FA have now set a precedent.

They’ll have to put rules in now won’t they?

Something like 75% of matches is a completed season if it’s cut short

I’m amazed there wasn’t something in the rules already to be honest

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3061 on: March 26, 2020, 10:17:25 pm »
Watch all the bitters & Mancs fewm even more demanding the premier league is cancelled & void.

Shockingly enough, there were a lot of mancs and bitters on that BBC article immediately.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3062 on: March 26, 2020, 10:35:30 pm »
Why not both? Attlee was obviously making a necessary point about tax evasion and the cult of public magnanimity and the kind of elective philanthropy that often means causes most in need go without in favour of sexier causes or things designed to make the giver look good or fit a social/political stance.

But even rich people can give for the right reasons, and even charity for the wrong reasons helps those it reaches. The money doesn't look, taste, smell or work differently. Besides, who are we to judge - in fact why are we setting ourselves up as judges?
Does it matter? Ultimately the money is still donated, especially in instances like this. If some people get some jollies out of looking good in the media, so what?

I think you're missing the fact they both defrauded the Spanish government of millions of tax income which would be handy in a situation like the one they are facing right now.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3063 on: March 27, 2020, 12:14:42 am »

Imagine the country we would live in if we all had that attitude. all dodge paying tax and throw the odd few coppers to charity to make ourselves feel good when we are in a good mood.
We can only live in a decent caring society if people pay their taxes, I have never begrudged paying my taxes for this reason, I think Attlee has the same opinion on this as myself.
If you want to live in a decent caring society then you should be willing to pay your taxes gladly.
Dodging tax and throwing the odd few bob into charity when your in a good mood doesn't make you a decent person, if they want to the decent thing then pay your taxes so many poor people wouldn't have to rely on charity.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3064 on: March 27, 2020, 12:22:52 am »

Yep. Ronaldo moved to Italy because of the low tax rate for footballers.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3065 on: March 27, 2020, 12:42:02 am »
Yep. Ronaldo moved to Italy because of the low tax rate for footballers.
In court, as part of his deal, Ronaldo acknowledged four incidents amounting to €5.7m owed, according to Spanish-language news agency EFE.

In 2017, when the allegations first emerged, prosecutors said it was a "voluntary and conscious breach of his fiscal obligations in Spain".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46957605
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3066 on: March 27, 2020, 01:14:57 am »
I think you're missing the fact they both defrauded the Spanish government of millions of tax income which would be handy in a situation like the one they are facing right now.
Sorry what? I said how about if rich people 1) pay all their tax and 2) also give in charity. It need not be 1 in place of 2

Not quite sure what I'm missing...

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3067 on: March 27, 2020, 01:17:16 am »
In court, as part of his deal, Ronaldo acknowledged four incidents amounting to €5.7m owed, according to Spanish-language news agency EFE.

In 2017, when the allegations first emerged, prosecutors said it was a "voluntary and conscious breach of his fiscal obligations in Spain".

He’s now living on a private island with his family with all those tax savings.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3068 on: March 27, 2020, 01:24:01 am »
Imagine the country we would live in if we all had that attitude. all dodge paying tax and throw the odd few coppers to charity to make ourselves feel good when we are in a good mood.
We can only live in a decent caring society if people pay their taxes, I have never begrudged paying my taxes for this reason, I think Attlee has the same opinion on this as myself.
If you want to live in a decent caring society then you should be willing to pay your taxes gladly.
Dodging tax and throwing the odd few bob into charity when your in a good mood doesn't make you a decent person, if they want to the decent thing then pay your taxes so many poor people wouldn't have to rely on charity.
Think you need to re-read my post. Nowhere have I said anyone should not pay their tax. Of course people need to pay all their tax that is due. Where I disagree is the idea that wealthy people should only need to pay their tax (which they do have to do) and not donate outside of that as well (which they also should do), or worse, give up donating outside of tax because it's somehow ''not needed'', which is rubbish as the amounts wealthy people give to charity are enormous. If they stopped doing that the charitable sector would struggle, as they'd never make up the shortfall from government tax receipts even if every wealthy person paid every penny of their tax due.

And anyway the Attlee quote is a bit of a red herring in this context because he was talking about wealthy people who claim to want to help the poor and then evade their taxes in favour of elective philanthropy. He rightly said that paying full taxes due would help the poor in of itself, and be better targetted to real need, rather than rich people choosing a few trendy or politically favorable ''causes'' on a whim. He's right about that. But it's not an assertion that wealthy people should not give to charity

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3069 on: March 27, 2020, 01:51:53 am »

to be fair a lot of real and barca players got done for that so probably more down to their tax advisers

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3070 on: March 27, 2020, 01:54:50 am »
I read your post, Attlee wasn't making a point, he was telling us one of his fundamental beliefs any person who wants a decent society should believe in. it's nothing to do with sexier causes, it's about rich people paying their taxes so poor people don't have to rely on charity to survive, it's about rich people dodging taxes should not consider themselves decent people just because they toss a few bob at charity when they are in a good mood.
The last word we should be using for rich tax dodgers is Philanthropy, people who pay their taxes and give to charities are philanthropists.

Emily Maitlis

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3071 on: March 27, 2020, 02:12:33 am »
to be fair a lot of real and barca players got done for that so probably more down to their tax advisers
I will look into it but not just now. it's also the spirit of being willing to pay your taxes gladly so we can live in a better world.
Were these players thinking they were evading paying tax when they were actually breaking the law and dodging paying tax. if that's the case then I still think they are hypocrites.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3072 on: March 27, 2020, 04:12:19 am »
I read your post, Attlee wasn't making a point, he was telling us one of his fundamental beliefs any person who wants a decent society should believe in. it's nothing to do with sexier causes, it's about rich people paying their taxes so poor people don't have to rely on charity to survive, it's about rich people dodging taxes should not consider themselves decent people just because they toss a few bob at charity when they are in a good mood.
The last word we should be using for rich tax dodgers is Philanthropy, people who pay their taxes and give to charities are philanthropists.
Well you might have read what I said, but...oh, hell, forget it, this is not the place for this discussion, and I doubt this will go anywhere good.

For my part, I just hope everyone who is charitable continues being charitable, regardless of their level of wealth, and that those who generally aren't, are inspired by the example of those who are, even if the inspirational ones are rich. There's so much, so much, so much that needs to be done in the world. So many people in need and also non-person charities that need help. Personally, I couldn't give a stuff if some rich blob swaggers around largeing it and does it for the accolade, provided the money still ends up with those who need it.

And for the avoidance of doubt I also, of course, expect everyone to pay their taxes, fully and without evasionary tactics. I also [insert some aspirational guff about some sexy chick or ones idealised paramour].

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3073 on: March 27, 2020, 08:09:46 am »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3074 on: March 27, 2020, 08:54:33 am »
https://twitter.com/OliverKay/status/1243444758325989376

“If it’s not feasible, just end this league, with whatever consequences that has. There are very few losers. Liverpool, I know, but in the grand scheme of things it really doesn’t matter”
Another PL club exec raises the null-and-void option
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
« Reply #3075 on: March 27, 2020, 09:44:57 am »
https://twitter.com/OliverKay/status/1243444758325989376

“If it’s not feasible, just end this league, with whatever consequences that has. There are very few losers. Liverpool, I know, but in the grand scheme of things it really doesn’t matter”
Another PL club exec raises the null-and-void option

The further up the pyramid you go the harder it is to make decisions like that - there are a lot more questions that will need to be answered before the PL gets abandoned.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3076 on: March 27, 2020, 09:50:43 am »
I just don't get this rush to end this season when we don't even know when it will be safe to start the next one. Only people with certain agendas seem to hold the view that the season should be made null and void. Like the LFC-haters, the people associated with clubs who are relegation-threatened or those clubs who are having terrible seasons by their standards.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #3077 on: March 27, 2020, 10:01:02 am »
Should be one season at a time IMO

I do feel for South Shields and the like
We are a team of one half.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3078 on: March 27, 2020, 10:03:46 am »
Will voiding the season miraculously result in a cure/vaccine being found? You’d think so according to some of the transparent fuckers bleating on about it. If we shouldn’t be bothered about football, why are they so bothered about cancelling it?

The clear and obvious solution is to finish the season when safe to do so.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3079 on: March 27, 2020, 10:10:09 am »
probably the only benefit of this covid-19 is it showed how much liverpool hate is in the media and club officials.
fuck each one of them.