Author Topic: Hull City 1 - Liverpool 0  (Read 150444 times)

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Hull City 1 - Liverpool 0
« Reply #1360 on: April 29, 2015, 06:45:06 pm »

But when has a manager had a successful second spell at a club? Genuine question.
I'd call Kenny's a success. Silverware and another final in his first full season. Most managers could dream of that, including our current one. Yet he gets jinged. Then there's Shitcoat...

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #1361 on: April 29, 2015, 06:52:56 pm »

But when has a manager had a successful second spell at a club? Genuine question.
Fabio Capello at Real Madrid. Won La Liga.
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline The Playmaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1362 on: April 29, 2015, 06:56:58 pm »
I'd call Kenny's a success. Silverware and another final in his first full season. Most managers could dream of that, including our current one. Yet he gets jinged. Then there's Shitcoat...
Yeah, Kenny did well to take us to two cup finals that season. Shame we couldn't get the FA Cup. But it was the league form during the second half of that season that ended his reign.

Offline The Playmaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1363 on: April 29, 2015, 06:58:29 pm »
Mike Bassett at Norwich City.

Oh no. That wasn't successful at all.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1364 on: April 29, 2015, 07:01:12 pm »

I'd say Kenny's 2nd stint with us was pretty successful.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #1365 on: April 29, 2015, 07:01:55 pm »
Yeah, Kenny did well to take us to two cup finals that season. Shame we couldn't get the FA Cup. But it was the league form during the second half of that season that ended his reign.
What's so different about Rodgers' tenure? Both managers spent big, but Kenny actually had silverware to show for his efforts and that didn't save him. Both managers struggled in the league bar last season. I reckon BR has a 50/50 chance to be honest and when you have 2 big European managers available FSG would be foolish not to be interested.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 07:04:11 pm by FitzLFC80 »
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline toholmen

• Main Stander
« Reply #1366 on: April 29, 2015, 08:03:58 pm »
Rafa is never coming back while Ayre is here, deal with it FFS!

As for the game it was shit ;
i've seen several posters say the same thing, that Rafa will not return as long as Ian Ayre is at the club. Not that i think it would happen anyway, but what's been going on between those two?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 08:06:10 pm by toholmen »
Don`t argue with morons, they`ll just bring you down to their level and beat you on experience!

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1367 on: April 29, 2015, 08:08:08 pm »
i've seen several posters say the same thing, that Rafa will not return as long as Ian Ayre is at the club. Not that i think it would happen anyway, but what's been going on between those two?

Ayre is a fucking moron who stabbed him in the back.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1368 on: April 29, 2015, 08:10:12 pm »

As pointed out he stabbed him in the back under the cancers, also:

Fenway Sports Group were not in control when Benítez left, but they’ve been fully briefed about his period in charge since the day they took over, most notably when Principal Owner John W. Henry was talked out of interviewing him for the vacant manager’s job last summer.

When one of Benitez’s advisers doorstepped managing director Ian Ayre and asked ‘will you come over the road for a coffee to talk about my client’ it was one of the more surreal moments of last summer’s managerial hunt.

Ayre declined

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10007210/Liverpool-v-Chelsea-what-can-Rafa-Benitez-expect-on-his-return-to-Anfield.html
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1369 on: April 29, 2015, 08:14:53 pm »

I hypothetise that because he was a trusted senior executive of Hicks and Gillette,  he was expected to distrust / undermine Rafa. I'm sure he's not  really arsed, Just business. But I can see why Rafa would be vexed about it.

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #1370 on: April 29, 2015, 08:15:26 pm »

Howard Kendall's second spell at Everton was really successful for the Offie on County Road.

Offline toholmen

• Main Stander
« Reply #1371 on: April 29, 2015, 08:28:30 pm »
Ayre is a fucking moron who stabbed him in the back.

Well, there's a wound that will never heal, I fear. I like to think of  Rafa as my generations Shankly.
Don`t argue with morons, they`ll just bring you down to their level and beat you on experience!

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1372 on: April 29, 2015, 08:34:56 pm »
>:(

One more thing.

Macca is a c*nt. A complete, utter c*nt.

Seconded
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1373 on: April 29, 2015, 08:41:51 pm »
The real damage was done managerially speaking in the Crystal palace match when we let a 3 goal lead slip.

I've never understood this and I hate it when other supporters say that we lost the title in that game.
I thought that however unlikely, pushing for as many goals as possible to TRY and get our destiny back in our hands for the final game, was the right thing to do.
Yeah, letting it slip was a sickening thing to have happen, but it remains a fact that winning that game would have changed nothing, though I know people will mention 'pressure' on City to win.

Chelsea was where it was lost. It's a damn shame, but that's simply it.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1374 on: April 29, 2015, 08:42:49 pm »

"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #1375 on: April 29, 2015, 09:50:47 pm »
Please why do people chat so much shit about this? We tried to win the game and Gerrard fucking slipped

actually, gerrard failed to control a simple pass and THEN slipped.  the first bit was the real clincher though

The Rafa talk seems illogical.

Would he be better than Rodgers with this squad of dross?

to be fair to rafa, he won a CL with a worse squad, and with no first choice strikers at all.  there's no way he's coming back, and rodgers will likely rightly keep his job anyway, but that sort of pragmatism and organisation is something we could certainly do with these days.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1376 on: April 29, 2015, 10:06:19 pm »
As pointed out he stabbed him in the back under the cancers, also:

Fenway Sports Group were not in control when Benítez left, but they’ve been fully briefed about his period in charge since the day they took over, most notably when Principal Owner John W. Henry was talked out of interviewing him for the vacant manager’s job last summer.

When one of Benitez’s advisers doorstepped managing director Ian Ayre and asked ‘will you come over the road for a coffee to talk about my client’ it was one of the more surreal moments of last summer’s managerial hunt.

Ayre declined

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10007210/Liverpool-v-Chelsea-what-can-Rafa-Benitez-expect-on-his-return-to-Anfield.html
Ayre really was a fker
Never read this before but just sums up his small time ego

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1377 on: April 29, 2015, 10:18:15 pm »

Can't believe I forgot Shitcoat. Oh, yes I can...

I guess Kenny's second term did have a LOT of high points. I'm just fixated on the poor signings and the disintegration toward the end when we routinely being taken apart by the likes of Bolton. And the stuttering Carroll/Suarez partnership. And so on.

It's easy to forget that Dirk Kuyt hat trick and also the immediate post-Hodgson joy.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #1378 on: April 29, 2015, 10:34:55 pm »
Ayre really was .a. IS a fker
Never read this before but just sums up his small time ego
Small time cockroach.

Edit mine.

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
    • I play in a band you know
« Reply #1379 on: April 30, 2015, 12:34:52 am »
I've never understood this and I hate it when other supporters say that we lost the title in that game.
I thought that however unlikely, pushing for as many goals as possible to TRY and get our destiny back in our hands for the final game, was the right thing to do.
Yeah, letting it slip was a sickening thing to have happen, but it remains a fact that winning that game would have changed nothing, though I know people will mention 'pressure' on City to win.

Very true, far too many just repeat what the media say nowadays. Sky says it was the Palace game, so it was the Palace game

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1380 on: April 30, 2015, 12:48:28 am »
I don't get some of the criticism, the main one being ineffective possession.

Building from the back and recirculating through your defence are parts of a successful strategy. No one's saying they are the be all and end all. You need to combine this with a solid game off the ball, good counter attacking, and the one we've all been banging about, good penetration in the final third. Why the hell would we moan about the few elements that are working, when the issue lies with the non-working elements compromising the others.

Would you like to have poor movement from the strikers, no penetration final third AND give the ball away so often that we lose games 4 - 0 every time? People ask for swift attacks, but that relies on having attackers that can hold up a longer pass or we rely a lot more on counter attacks. We don't have the personnel for the former, we have done what we can for the latter, unless you just want the defenders to randomly thump it the opposition so that we can invite them on and then try to counter. This is actually part of the game of some managers, but it requires a hell of a lot of sophistication to implement, do you trust our defence to hold up to do that?

« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 12:57:23 am by surfer »

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #1381 on: April 30, 2015, 08:02:09 am »
Ayesteran quit at the beginning of the 2007-2008 season mate. We were excellent without him in 2008-2009.
and just like this year the season after, it's gone to shit and it never recovered afterwards.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1382 on: April 30, 2015, 08:21:12 am »

Would he be better than Rodgers with this squad of dross? Would he be allowed to buy who he wanted? Wouldn't he be told which players are suitable based on metrics? How would that work out?

One thing I would agree with is that we'd be miles better in Europe. And that's it.

I don't think that Benitez would ever agree to anyone else telling him who to sign or who not to sign. 
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 08:25:09 am by ThePoolMan »

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1383 on: April 30, 2015, 08:53:38 am »

Would he be better than Rodgers with this squad of dross? Would he be allowed to buy who he wanted? Wouldn't he be told which players are suitable based on metrics? How would that work out?

One thing I would agree with is that we'd be miles better in Europe. And that's it.

People thinking with their heart as oppose to their head.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #1384 on: April 30, 2015, 09:02:55 am »
What's happened to those Ayre leaving rumours?
Frees up space for Rafa to return...?

I know, I shouldn't join in the useless speculation when we have a manager with us already.
My frustration is with Brendan's fixation on Death by Football - or given our own death - Suicide by Football.
When he's pushed into a corner I believe Rodgers is a great manager. When given the freedom, he's decidedly average.

Agree with the 50-50 shouts that FSG will act before pre-season given their track-record.

Offline Robotforaday

• Fifty shades off white
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1385 on: April 30, 2015, 10:09:43 am »
When he's pushed into a corner I believe Rodgers is a great manager. When given the freedom, he's decidedly average.
Interesting reading of his record so far. Makes sense.