Author Topic: The small things in life that make you happy  (Read 602480 times)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The small things in life that make you happy
« Reply #2960 on: December 27, 2018, 02:38:43 pm »
Warm apple strudel with thick cream. 

I love Christmas

Oh and Liverpool clear by 6 points makes me happy too :)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2961 on: December 27, 2018, 06:25:14 pm »
Pizza
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #2962 on: December 31, 2018, 06:39:00 pm »
Looking out of the window last night at 2am and watching two beautiful foxes walking around whilst the birds were singing in the trees. lovely.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2963 on: December 31, 2018, 07:11:58 pm »
Looking out of the window last night at 2am and watching two beautiful foxes walking around whilst the birds were singing in the trees. lovely.
I haven't seen a fox round here (Allerton) for about 3 years mate. Not sure how or why they simply disappeared after becoming quite prevalent.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2964 on: December 31, 2018, 07:18:23 pm »
I haven't seen a fox round here (Allerton) for about 3 years mate. Not sure how or why they simply disappeared after becoming quite prevalent.
We are right on Sefton Park and hadn't spotted a fox in a couple of years after seeing them nightly for many a year. Then last week I was driving on Croxteth Drive and one walked out of the flats and into the park right in front of me. Then we saw those two last night. In the past we often saw a whole family of them in the grounds of our flat.

We also wondered why they sort of disappeared, but we are glad they are back now, anyway.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2965 on: December 31, 2018, 10:42:43 pm »
Seeing cats talk to each other, very strange!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILFCDPjwSBw

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #2966 on: January 3, 2019, 03:10:26 pm »
Not for the first time, being trusted with the departmental Twitter.
https://twitter.com/WKGS_Latin/status/1080845231090737153?s=19
« Last Edit: January 3, 2019, 03:16:40 pm by ۩ Imperator ۩ »
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #2967 on: January 3, 2019, 03:17:07 pm »
Seeing cats talk to each other, very strange!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILFCDPjwSBw

If you need a translator, the guy on the left is your man:

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #2968 on: January 3, 2019, 04:40:52 pm »
We are right on Sefton Park and hadn't spotted a fox in a couple of years after seeing them nightly for many a year. Then last week I was driving on Croxteth Drive and one walked out of the flats and into the park right in front of me. Then we saw those two last night. In the past we often saw a whole family of them in the grounds of our flat.

We also wondered why they sort of disappeared, but we are glad they are back now, anyway.

I see them every now and then . I also can hear them sometimes. When I lived next door to my current home I use to have camp fires and camp in my garden. I use to hear them scaving the food its the pans left around the fire. 
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2969 on: January 3, 2019, 05:00:17 pm »
Not seen a live fox for years, last one I can remember seeing was in Sutton in Surrey, on my way home from Cardiff the day of the 2006 Cup Final. I was walking to my car and it was stood in the middle of the street. One used to prowl around by our kids in Bournemouth, fucker got in the hutch and killed the kids rabbit.

Sadly, seen plenty of dead ones on the Sabs facebook page that have been killed by the hunts.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2970 on: January 7, 2019, 11:53:36 pm »
Flicking through the channels to find BT Sport are showing, ITVs The Big Match Revisited from season 82/83, first match up is us at Man Utd from February 83.
« Last Edit: January 7, 2019, 11:55:19 pm by Statto Red »
#Sausages

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2971 on: January 8, 2019, 12:02:02 am »
Not seen a live fox for years, last one I can remember seeing was in Sutton in Surrey, on my way home from Cardiff the day of the 2006 Cup Final. I was walking to my car and it was stood in the middle of the street. One used to prowl around by our kids in Bournemouth, fucker got in the hutch and killed the kids rabbit.

Sadly, seen plenty of dead ones on the Sabs facebook page that have been killed by the hunts.

I see one (probably different ones) almost every night I’m walking home late-ish. Always a bit if a buzz to see them and they’re pretty carefree and completely unfazed by seeing humans. They’re not good at their job though, one of the houses over the road has a rooster that crows all fucking day and none of them have got to him get!

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2972 on: January 10, 2019, 08:20:58 pm »
Listening to Professor Brian Cox talk about Physics.

I don't always understand what he's saying but there's something very tranquil about his voice that's soothing to the mind.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #2973 on: January 11, 2019, 09:53:59 am »
cake sale in work for charity

give a few bob and get a bit of cake

win win
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2974 on: January 11, 2019, 10:56:23 am »
Who remembers the era before the spread of the internet, if you couldn't get to the match or had no radio nearby, next best thing was watching the scores on Ceefax, as soon as you loaded the page up guaranteed you'd just missed our score & had to wait for the thread to go through the cycle & page to come back up again which could take an age?

Ceefax for those who don't know was BBCs teletext service[ITV had a similar service Oracle then Teletext UK] mostly used for subtitles
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 10:58:33 am by Statto Red »
#Sausages

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2975 on: January 11, 2019, 10:57:43 am »
Who remembers the era before the spread of the internet, if you couldn't get to the match or had no radio nearby, next best thing was watching the scores on Ceefax, as soon as you loaded the page up guaranteed you'd just missed our score & had to wait for the thread to go through the cycle & page to come back up again which could take an age?
[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2976 on: January 11, 2019, 11:36:56 am »

Ceefax for those who don't know was BBCs teletext service[ITV had a similar service Oracle then Teletext UK] mostly used for subtitles

My ma worked for Visionhire, on school holidays we used to go into work with her as we were too young to stay home on our own - as an 8/9 yr old I used to sit in the showroom and demonstrate Ceefax to the adults :)

Used to drive us mental when you just missed the score - even worse was when we were losing and you kept praying the next time we would have scored.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2977 on: January 11, 2019, 12:07:40 pm »

you used to see the numbers running around

316 was the football scores, youd go to punch in 316 and someone would grab the remote and insist on doing it, you scream at them to hurry and they plod along and by the time they punch it in you see it running from 317 around and sit for 5 minutes or what feels like an hour for the page to come around with the score

then the score comes in and theres bits missing

Liverpoo 1 ev r t n

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2978 on: January 11, 2019, 12:26:10 pm »
you used to see the numbers running around

316 was the football scores, youd go to punch in 316 and someone would grab the remote and insist on doing it, you scream at them to hurry and they plod along and by the time they punch it in you see it running from 317 around and sit for 5 minutes or what feels like an hour for the page to come around with the score

then the score comes in and theres bits missing

Liverpoo 1 ev r t n

God, the feeling of suspense waiting for those numbers to tick round was something else. What a way to find out if we’d won or not!

Noting better than a game you’d given up for lost’drswn only to see a late winner flash up. Rosenthal in the Derby was a big one for me!

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2979 on: January 11, 2019, 12:31:20 pm »
God, the feeling of suspense waiting for those numbers to tick round was something else. What a way to find out if we’d won or not!

Noting better than a game you’d given up for lost’drswn only to see a late winner flash up. Rosenthal in the Derby was a big one for me!
we got rid of a telly around 1991-2 and i was absolutely gutted the new one didnt have teletext

there was one my dad caught me out on . 1990-91 we walloped Derby away, when it was 4-1 i went out for a bit, when i came back he told me it was 4-4. was fuming

so i went to check, score was in fact 6-1 (ended up 7-1). the fear waiting for it to come around, he thought it was hilarious of course

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2980 on: January 11, 2019, 11:15:25 pm »
Watching Top of the Pops on BBC4, all from the early 1970's. Brings back happy memories of being a small boy, being in the house with my Mum and hearing all the songs on the radio. I can actually hear Tony Blackburn announcing the records and giving the time on Radio 1 - my Ma used to get pissed off cos he told the time every 5 minutes or so. Rod Stewart, T-Rex, Stealers Wheels, Bowie, these are all some of the bands that helped shape my taste in music.

Also reminded me of 194 radio city, from the heart of Liverpool and Merseyside.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2981 on: January 12, 2019, 12:03:54 am »
Just watched that top of the pops show on Beeb4 too. Brilliant stuff.

Rod Stewart, Ronnie Wood and The Faces looked so cool on that Maggie May rendition. Oh to be in that band during the 70’s. Bet Rod and Ronnie were beating them off with a stick. Jealous? Me? Yep!! :)

Bowie and Mick Ronson doing Starman. Both taken too soon especially Mick at 46 :(

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2982 on: January 12, 2019, 08:03:04 am »
Great shout on the old TOTP shows lads. Every song a cracker. Even though I cant quite remember Starman when it was actually out, it epitomizes the 70s for me, I hear it and I think 70s and am back there as a happy little lad, wonderful.

Over the last few years I've loved the weekly reruns of it on Four. Think they started at 76ish and are now in the late 80s, but I kind of stopped watching when it got to 85. Something changed.

On the song that reminds me of eras thing, i only have to hear Ghost Town by The Specials I am back at school in the 80s. Some might say bleak times but I was so happy. Even though I was the only rocker in the building I went to see The Specials a few years back and it's like nothing had changed. The skinheads were older and fatter, there was a few Mods there, but the feeling was the same. Nostalgia sometimes hurts I can get it so strongly.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 08:06:01 am by Nitramdorf »

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2983 on: January 12, 2019, 11:14:47 am »
I hear Anarchy in the UK and I'm a kid again, going to Kirkby market with Mark (!Marc) Gilbert to buy the single. I even remember that the push out bit in the middle of the single was missing and the fella had to swop it.

Girls Talk reminds me of Ruffwood and the girls I fancied. The Police, Tubeway Army, Marillion, Iron Maiden and Guns N Roses always takes me back to the 11 to 19 yr old me.

There was a thread about the music that influenced you as a kid - I got pulled because mine was all 60's stuff and I threw in White Rabbit. What people don't realise these days is that TV was almost non existent. I remember watching Watch with Mother, Andy Pandy, Thunderbirds etc, but for the vast majority of the time our entertainment was the radio or ecords, so all I heard was the music from the 60's and 70's and people we knew were well into Jefferson Airplane and that ilk, so they had the records.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2984 on: January 12, 2019, 11:30:53 am »
^
Tubeway Army. I was a big fan back in '79.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2985 on: January 12, 2019, 12:12:38 pm »
There was a thread about the music that influenced you as a kid - I got pulled because mine was all 60's stuff and I threw in White Rabbit. What people don't realise these days is that TV was almost non existent. I remember watching Watch with Mother, Andy Pandy, Thunderbirds etc, but for the vast majority of the time our entertainment was the radio or ecords, so all I heard was the music from the 60's and 70's and people we knew were well into Jefferson Airplane and that ilk, so they had the records.

IIRC that was me being an argumentative twat who think he knows it all. Sorry Rob.

Funny how every year I look back on the past me and think 'what a fucking idiot. You thought you knew it all but you knew fuck all'  ;D

In thread-relevant news - finding a squashed up package of chocolate brownies that are in your bag that you'd forgotten about...that has made me happy today.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2986 on: January 12, 2019, 02:21:00 pm »
IIRC that was me being an argumentative twat who think he knows it all. Sorry Rob.

Funny how every year I look back on the past me and think 'what a fucking idiot. You thought you knew it all but you knew fuck all'  ;D

In thread-relevant news - finding a squashed up package of chocolate brownies that are in your bag that you'd forgotten about...that has made me happy today.

No worries  :wave

One I love is putting on a coat I haven't worn for ages and finding a tenner or twenty in the pocket.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2987 on: January 12, 2019, 02:33:11 pm »
No worries  :wave

One I love is putting on a coat I haven't worn for ages and finding a tenner or twenty in the pocket.

I put on a coat the other day and found three quid in the pocket...then realised they were old pound coins and were useless :(
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2988 on: January 12, 2019, 02:38:57 pm »
I put on a coat the other day and found three quid in the pocket...then realised they were old pound coins and were useless :(

The bank still takes them. This is a bit of a bonus, as I found £70 worth of them in a bottle stashed in my garage the other day.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2989 on: January 12, 2019, 06:04:25 pm »
When the missus has a bet with me that Brighton will beat us ;D

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2990 on: January 12, 2019, 08:24:52 pm »
Totp stuff I still have to laugh at the time they used a picture of jocky wilson

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #2991 on: January 12, 2019, 09:21:51 pm »
Halloumi. If I ever went veggie I'd eat it in place of meat.

*De-engaged middle-class mode*
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2992 on: January 12, 2019, 10:32:59 pm »
So simple but great. Son woke me up today like the Simba woke his dad up in lion king. Anyway I didnt die in a stampede.

But earlier in week he wasn't in good form on Thursday as he didn't see me at all on Wednesday and way more clingy to his mam

Today the Mrs had to go to work so I got him up bathed him, gave him breakfast, let him nap after Thomas the tank engine. Went out for a walk and some lunch.

Then home. He played with all the toys he got for Christmas and his birthday from santa and the family. He played happily all the way through the Brighton game without a bother.

Then his dinner, more play time and then he fell asleep with no bother in my arms.

Very very simple day. I'm not remotely tired and have enjoyed some dinner and drinks. Such a perfect simple day

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2993 on: January 12, 2019, 10:43:45 pm »
So simple but great. Son woke me up today like the Simba woke his dad up in lion king. Anyway I didnt die in a stampede.

But earlier in week he wasn't in good form on Thursday as he didn't see me at all on Wednesday and way more clingy to his mam

Today the Mrs had to go to work so I got him up bathed him, gave him breakfast, let him nap after Thomas the tank engine. Went out for a walk and some lunch.

Then home. He played with all the toys he got for Christmas and his birthday from santa and the family. He played happily all the way through the Brighton game without a bother.

Then his dinner, more play time and then he fell asleep with no bother in my arms.

Very very simple day. I'm not remotely tired and have enjoyed some dinner and drinks. Such a perfect simple day

But the best bit was the Salah penalty wasn’t it?

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2994 on: January 13, 2019, 12:08:34 am »
But the best bit was the Salah penalty wasn’t it?
gotta get priorities right. I'm sure he understood

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2995 on: January 13, 2019, 06:00:40 am »
#Sausages

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2996 on: January 13, 2019, 08:21:02 am »

I miss those type of days. It's all go away Dad, I'm in a match, you're putting me off, or Dad!!!!! Can I have some dinner? these days

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #2997 on: January 13, 2019, 12:16:05 pm »
Every December a house near us overloads their front garden with Christmas decorations/lights. I drive by it every morning and evening and it games me smile everytime. A simple pleasure.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2998 on: January 14, 2019, 08:41:48 pm »
I miss those type of days. It's all go away Dad, I'm in a match, you're putting me off, or Dad!!!!! Can I have some dinner? these days
all ahead of me

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2999 on: January 15, 2019, 11:50:59 am »
all ahead of me

People said it to me "make the most of it while they are young, they soon grow up", you don't realise how true it is until it happens. I'd love just one day with my two being toddlers again.