Author Topic: Purslow  (Read 56530 times)

Offline uwinsa

• prize!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Purslow
« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2010, 12:05:31 pm »
I think hes bound to go now but before he does i'd like to know what he thinks of the SOS minutes incident now hes able to speak more freely

Offline killerH

• eels? A beautiful freak.
  • Kopite
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2010, 12:07:12 pm »
Didn't he say bringing hodgson in was the deal of his life? he's a businessman not a football man

Like I always said, he is completely out of his depth. The above quote just highlights this. He stabbed Rafa in the back while he was on holiday, undermined him during the season.

But I will say well done for eventually turning against G+H, although as Al says, he only did when RBS+MB declared war on them.

The Churchill analogy is much better suited to Martin Broughton imo.

The deal of his life was a disaster for us. Rick Parry had a great record appointing managers, CP hasn't a clue. He pandered too much to Henry Winter et all.

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2010, 12:18:06 pm »
1. Wasn't it well known that David Maddock's "senior sources" was actually Purslow.

2. Allegedly, He went behind Rafa's Back to try and sign VdV. Apparently that led to a confrontation between both of them.

3. He gave the green light to sign Roy. I would not be surprised if he was the one who told Pellegrini that they were only interested in British Manager. That, in itself shows the sheer ineptitude on the football front imho

If you ask me the british manager agenda clearly came from the players.  It's the sort of nonsense you hear Carra spouting on a weekly basis...if we had to go british to keep the players happy (and lets be honest, that was the mission this summer) then Hodgson was the best option of a bad bunch.

Things are different now though. If a player is stamping his feet we can probably tell them to like it or lump it with the hope that a major sale would be reinvested into transfers.....we're also looking to rebuild long-term..which was never on the cards with the 2 scummers here.

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2010, 12:30:05 pm »
The manager thing has been a bit of a disaster. Rafa going was clearly wrong, although I don't think anyone really though Hodgson would be THIS bad. He's obviously not great on that side of things so would rather he went. Wouldn't have minded VdV though :P

But thanks for the H&G thing. I think he was on our side through this and do wonder if some of the continued criticism is because people don't want to admit they were wrong with some of the abuse the last couple of months. I think the Churchill analogy was spot on.

As for Broughton, I actually wouldn't mind the bloke staying but he clearly won't. Let them both go whilst they're on a high.

Offline AJ4Seven

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2010, 12:42:48 pm »
Needs to go as soon as possible, as he misled to the fans, never even interviewed for the job( AFAIK he was appointed temporarily & the suddenly had the job permanently), & appointed Roy.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2010, 12:45:44 pm »
Even ignoring his past actions (which is difficult for me) the sad fact is he isn't qualified to do the job going forward particularly in a situation where neither the owners or other board members have much of a football background.

Ayre is the only one of the old board who should survive, as unlike Purslow he's actually come in and done the job he was meant to successfully.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2010, 01:02:57 pm »
Someone the other day said that Purslow could be compared to Churchill, an effective war time leader, but for peace time he was no good and had to go. He made football decisions that he was totally unqualified to do, and in reality has set us back on the pitch possibly a couple of years. I forgive him personally, because his main task was to rid of us of the plague, and he did, and maybe last summer it was all just too much to keep rafa and gerrard/carra happy AND deal with the fuckers at the same time. We'll never know. But now, he must be removed immediately from being anywhere near football, which probably means he should move on. It would be difficult for him, but really I wish he would just resign with some dignity and get on with his life.

But the wreckage, and Rafa leaving, and the bad season, All of it was because our club was sick from the top down, and it infected everything......shit, purslow was only there in the first place because the club was at war, and rbs wanted a snake to fight to restore the club to balance. I can't blame purslow, he just reacted to the train wreck he found, and you cannot expect a snake to behave with wisdom. Wisdom would have kept rafa, but would the fuckers still be here?

Yes, the comparison with Chruchill is a good one. Great war time leader, but tit of a man otherwise, sending tanks to intimadate striking miners during the national strike and generally have nothing but contempt for the working man.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2010, 01:08:43 pm »
The manager thing has been a bit of a disaster. Rafa going was clearly wrong, although I don't think anyone really though Hodgson would be THIS bad. He's obviously not great on that side of things so would rather he went. Wouldn't have minded VdV though :P

But thanks for the H&G thing.[b I think he was on our side through this and do wonder if some of the continued criticism is because people don't want to admit they were wrong with some of the abuse the last couple of months. I think the Churchill analogy was spot on.[/b]

As for Broughton, I actually wouldn't mind the bloke staying but he clearly won't. Let them both go whilst they're on a high.
]

When was Purslow on OUR side.

1. When he fiddled the SOS minutes

2. When he told bare faced lies about the transfer budget including wages

3. When the manager was telling Alonso that we wanted him to stay and how much the fans loved him and Purslow was trying to swap him for Van De Vaart.

4. When he held his tunnel press conferences with journalist's

5. When he briefed Maddocks and orchestrated a media campaign to remove the manager.

6. When he stopped talking to Mascherano when a deal was agreed

7. When he pulled out of a free deal to sign Chamakh, when the player and his agent had agreed to join.

8. When he started talking to Hodgson in January about replacing Benitez.

9. When he started moves to sell Insua.

10, When he tried to silence RAWK with legal action over something that was freely available in the public Domain.

11. When he started negotiations to bring in Joe Cole without the managers knowledge.

12. When he knifed Benitez in the back when he was on holiday and Carra and Gerrard where safely tucked away on a plane to South Africa.

13. When he allowed Kenny to be used to legitimise a managerial selection process even though as Hodgson freely admits he had been talking to Liverpool for months.

14. When he Allowed Kenny to pitch for a Gig that had already been filled.

15. When he Negotiated a deal with Rhone that would of allowed Hicks and Gillet to stay indefinitely and totally dismantle and destroy our Club.

Purslow was appointed and worked for Hicks and Gillet, he helped them destroy our Club and the sooner we see the back of the lying deceitful snake the better. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Monkey Red

• Jacques Cousteau
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just add salty water
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2010, 01:12:21 pm »
I think Purslow swayed with the wind, when he saw what Broughton was doing with the cancers his loyalty well and truly went from them to him. Not really instrumental in getting rid of the tumours, only needed to cast his vote. But very instrumental in undermining and getting rid of Rafa. Out!
'It'll whisper to them of Liverpools five glorious European Cup victories"

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2010, 01:12:31 pm »
Purslow's credibility was unknown at 1st, took a massive hit with the Rafa+9mil for Roy exchange, redeemed a fair amount with the Epic Swindle of Hicks & Gillette and now every bit he did redeem is slipping away with everyday that Roy is in charge.

It's a shame really as he seems a genuine fan let down by a couple of awful decisions.

He can stay around for all I care, just not to be allowed near the football side of things, as I think he genuinly has the good of the club at heart.

The most important man to be removed from the club at this moment is Roy Hodgeson.
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2010, 01:15:45 pm »
I think CP is an argument waiting to happen if a strong willed manager was to come in. He hasn't done everything right but has earned my complete respect and gratification for his actions in the last 2 weeks. If there was a choice at the time for MB i.e CP or Rafa? we would have all said Rafa without question but then we may not have got rid of the 2 cocks.

Either way, i'm leaning towards him leaving being the best option but whatever happens he, along with Broughton and Ayres, have done this club a fantastic service and for that alone maybe he has earned longer in the job.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2010, 01:17:48 pm »
When Purslow leaves the club, I'm buying a bottle of Champagne to celebrate.

The owners have gone, but that idiot is still within the club. This is bad, bad news. The sooner the new owners turf him out the better for everyone.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Bartholomew Appleby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • This text is invisible.
« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2010, 01:23:16 pm »
Get the pitchforks and torches and hound him out.

Offline Purple Aki Fitness Club

• Main Stander
  • Student Discounts Available!
« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2010, 01:40:23 pm »
I'd rather Rick fucking Astley was picking him rather than Purslow to be honest mate.
Never gonna give Roy up..
Never gonna let him down...
Ahem..

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2010, 01:42:56 pm »
Get the pitchforks and torches and hound him out.

That's a bit too brave and upfront, can't we just wait until he goes on holiday with his family and then knife him in the back, he might even enjoy the irony of it.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2010, 01:43:03 pm »
Have to agree with Al here, don't know how this guy has become some sort of hero here.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Stan.

• drinks warm piss, and come back to him when Owen actually joins utd. Until then leeeeeave Micky aloooone!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2010, 01:43:55 pm »
One fuck up after another. Rafa's exit, Joe Cole, Carra's new two year contract.

As its his job, he may have handled the contracts/negotiations and Rafa's compo, but I trust you can provide evidence to prove he was solely responsible for all of this? 

I wouldn't say I trust him, respect him and/or want him to stick around, but whats the score here; enough people say something on here and all of a sudden it becomes fact?  Think I'll leave the new owners to run the club rather than listen to scaremongers and conspiracy theorists.
Someday soon everyone will know the truth.  96 never forgotten.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #97 on: October 19, 2010, 01:45:15 pm »
Apparently being slaughtered by Rafa in a press conference now

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #98 on: October 19, 2010, 01:45:24 pm »

3. When the manager was telling Alonso that we wanted him to stay and how much the fans loved him and Purslow was trying to swap him for Van De Vaart.

To be fair much of that might be right. I do agree about Insua but I don't know about Hodgson speaking to him from January- I dont know the ins and outs of it so I'm not going to pretend to. But the above...

Alonso clearly wanted out for a variety of reasons and had indeed told Benitez he wanted to go in May- before Purslows appointment in June.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 01:46:58 pm by Strummer77 »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #99 on: October 19, 2010, 01:46:04 pm »
That's a bit too brave and upfront, can't we just wait until he goes on holiday with his family and then knife him in the back, he might even enjoy the irony of it.

:D Ha ha
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline JP-65

• FA/UEFA/FIFA are not fit for purpose
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2010, 01:46:48 pm »
]

When was Purslow on OUR side.

1. When he fiddled the SOS minutes

2. When he told bare faced lies about the transfer budget including wages

4. When he held his tunnel press conferences with journalist's

5. When he briefed Maddocks and orchestrated a media campaign to remove the manager.

6. When he stopped talking to Mascherano when a deal was agreed

7. When he pulled out of a free deal to sign Chamakh, when the player and his agent had agreed to join.

8. When he started talking to Hodgson in January about replacing Benitez.

9. When he started moves to sell Insua.

10, When he tried to silence RAWK with legal action over something that was freely available in the public Domain.

11. When he started negotiations to bring in Joe Cole without the managers knowledge.

12. When he knifed Benitez in the back when he was on holiday and Carra and Gerrard where safely tucked away on a plane to South Africa.

13. When he allowed Kenny to be used to legitimise a managerial selection process even though as Hodgson freely admits he had been talking to Liverpool for months.

14. When he Allowed Kenny to pitch for a Gig that had already been filled.

15. When he Negotiated a deal with Rhone that would of allowed Hicks and Gillet to stay indefinitely and totally dismantle and destroy our Club.

Purslow was appointed and worked for Hicks and Gillet, he helped them destroy our Club and the sooner we see the back of the lying deceitful snake the better. 

Great summary!

Offline finchy1972

• Legacy Fan
  • Here's a story of a poor boy
« Reply #101 on: October 19, 2010, 01:49:04 pm »
Rafa's revenge dish being served cold ?
Whatever we are , we are , whatever we will be is yet to be written .

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2010, 01:50:30 pm »
THE key appointment in the new board, so JWH gotta get it right.

Regardless of previous history, Purslow is unlikely to get the job. He doesn't fit in many ways not least he can't give the job his full attention. Running a £300M+ organisation is a full time job for a seasoned professional....Purslow doesn't fit the job requirements IMO.

It will be interesting to see what JWH does (and I don't think we will have to wait long). Will he use a current NESV executive? or a new appointee?

Interesting times.

Offline E2K

• A seriously talented
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: October 19, 2010, 01:51:57 pm »
People should never forget Purslow's interventions in the football side of this club. Not one has worked out for the best. Regardless of what happened last week, I would be much happier to see him gone along with Broughton.
Twitter: @e2klassic
Blog: theredstar.home.blog

Offline Redeye

• Kopite
  • 31/1/59 Sunderland 3-1 Wheeler Bimpson Morris
« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2010, 01:53:03 pm »
]

It's an opinion, I suppose.
"Everybody at Anfield hopes that in the not too distant future Bill Shankly will lead the club back to the First Division - and also to a Cup Final victory."

Offline Monkey Red

• Jacques Cousteau
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just add salty water
« Reply #105 on: October 19, 2010, 01:55:41 pm »
Where´s this?
'It'll whisper to them of Liverpools five glorious European Cup victories"

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2010, 01:56:59 pm »
Rafa's revealing in perfect timing with the creation of this thread.

Nice.

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2010, 02:01:17 pm »

To be fair if this is true, would change my opinion greatly.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2010, 02:01:42 pm »
]

Boss post Al555!

Purslow is a wriggling snake.

He'll screw over any manager we have. Just hope he does it to the current one too.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2010, 02:03:01 pm »
"The managing director is involved in all the decisions. New lawyer, new chief of press, new manager, new nine players, new medical staff, new fitness coaches. They change everything, so they change managing director then we change everything that we were doing in the past.

"If you ask me what's going on it's simple - they changed some things and by the end they changed everything. White liquid in a bottle - milk. You know who to blame!"

Purslow is the hub of it all, pretty much.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2010, 02:04:42 pm »
im not sure about the whole rafa thing

joe cole i think was an exciting purchase but playing in a negative team he is a proverbial square piece in a round hole

it may be a good time for purslow to leave as he has redeemed himself somewhat with his involvement in the hicks and gillett saga. he can atleast leave with his head held high

i notice one group i joined months ago on facebook "christian purslow please resign" i joined it and sent it to my mates

i wish i didnt cos if he had have resigned we might have been in administration with the votes going 2-2 or worse still a h+g appointed lackey making it 2-3.

i notice the said group was deleted as soon as the henry deal went through
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline the jesus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #111 on: October 19, 2010, 02:05:35 pm »
Would be best for everyone if he moved on.
He is always going to be divisive , people will credit him for his role in the sale but many have grave doubts about how he conducted business before that.

The state the club is now removing any source of disunity is needed.
"We just stand beside each other, and help each other. And we make sure that what we’re doing, we’re doing correctly"- Kenny

“When you’re lost in a fog you must stick together. Then you don’t get lost. If there’s one secret to Liverpool, that’s it.” - Bob

Offline myrlas