Author Topic: Purslow  (Read 56467 times)

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
Purslow
« on: October 18, 2010, 09:31:06 pm »
Where does he stand now? Now that Broughton is on his way out, surely it's time for him to step down too.

He really is the hub of this predicament we find ourselves in. Liverpool fan appointed in his dream job. Decides he might as well have a go at Football Manager, when he isn't even fit to. I have a real distaste for what he has done on the football side. One fuck up after another. Rafa's exit, Joe Cole, Carra's new two year contract.

Now that his managerial choice is looking like one big mess, he's now sat in sweat waiting for whenever John Henry gives him the go ahead for Roy's exit.

What a mess.

Offline brendanbrady

• Anny Roader
Re: Purslow
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 09:53:32 pm »
Knowing the small amount  I do about the Red Sox organization, you can be sure that JWH is going to bring in most of his own people.  That is the way most of these guys work.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 10:04:18 pm »
I'd of kept all three. Now that can't happen what with Grange Hill head leaving but I'd still keep the other two.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Shabby

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 10:05:31 pm »
Once NESV bring in their men he can go. He's of no use to us anymore.
£15m? It seems low, but what people have to remember is that the fee is irrelevant.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 10:07:51 pm »
Casting his vote against H&G doesn't clean the slate imo. He should go asap.

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 10:08:34 pm »
A banker that was involved with removing Rafa. A banker that was involved with hiring Hodgson.

We need footballing minds, this isn't Purslow FC.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 10:08:43 pm »
Ayers should stay despite being the only Hicks 'signing'

Purslow im just not sure about. I know Broughtons name was the one who supposedly sacked Rafa, but I honest dont believe it was him, his job was to just sell the club IMHO, which if true leaves the blood on Puslows hands and for that I cannot forgive him.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline myrlas

• Powered by YaMH (Yet another Mister Happy)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: @myrlas
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 10:09:10 pm »
I will be surprised if he's around a minute after the new board is presented.
"Football is simple, you're either on time, or you're too late. If you're too late then you have to leave earlier." Johan Cruyff

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 10:10:26 pm »
Id definitely like to see Ayres stay. He's done a great job.

Offline Visigoth33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 10:11:27 pm »
Purslow has proven that he is a decent banker not a football man.credit to him for getting rid of the leeches but i think NESV will have the financial side covered with one of their own.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 10:13:17 pm »
Thanks for the boardroom stuff, but please leave on a high while you still can.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 10:15:12 pm »
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 10:15:34 pm »
Now we have little financial issues then he doesn't really need to be here as he has no expertise in the role from here in.

Him signing Hodgson is why we are where we are in the league.

Offline tea_tree

• oily and antiseptic.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 10:15:42 pm »
Good job on the boardroom stuff but a huge disaster on the footballing side. Mistake after mistake and whilst he deserves thanks (perhaps) for his role in getting rid of G&H, his actions on the footballing side have set the club back considerably. The sooner he is gotten rid of the better.
"At Liverpool I have never pulled back, I also went to war together with my fans"

Rafa Benitez

Offline red4ever

• Kopite
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 10:18:03 pm »
Kudos to him for his part in getting the club sold, eventually. But is he really cut out and one of the best candidates for his role? My answer would be no. Therefore he has to go. The question is, when?

I'm not sure how much Ayres is involved with the financial advances we've made in the last few years, e.g. sponsorship deal with Standard Chartered. But if he has been a key player then I'd like for him to stay, unless NESV think they know someone who can do better.
PS3 PSN: aks-78                     Xbox Gamertag: aksb78

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2010, 10:20:55 pm »
Lets not start all the Purslow is a ...........stuff again.

He has helped us get rid of G&H and for that deserves our gratitude.  If the new owners decide to keep him in situ then fine, if not then I wish him well in whatever job he takes on in the future.

No point always re hashing old ground, it's time to move on.
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

hoonin

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 10:24:00 pm »

Genuinely believe he's making a quiet effort to build bridges with supporters since Friday's events. This is based on a few things he has said and also what's transpired with JH meeting supporters on Sunday/today.

The issue is still the same though - he doesn't have the football experience required for such a big job so should be honourable enough to recognise that and step down when NESV are ready to appoint a permanent, full time Chief Exec.

Offline Liver Bird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2010, 10:24:27 pm »
A banker that was involved with removing Rafa. A banker that was involved with hiring Hodgson.

Didn't he say bringing hodgson in was the deal of his life? he's a businessman not a football man
"The fans are the greatest in the land.They know the game and they know what they want to see.The people on the kop make you feel great- yet humble" bill shankly.

Offline Pepe Silvia

• Anny Roader
  • real ale chilled she'll tell shell
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2010, 10:24:42 pm »

I don't think there are many CEO's/MD's with a background in football.

Offline llcooljoel

• He's bad
  • Legacy Fan
  • Denying I wanted Owen Coyle since 2011.
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2010, 10:25:24 pm »
I like Purslow, he fought hard to get those clowns out and he seems to really care about getting the best for the club. He got it wrong with Hodgson but he appointed him for the right reasons.

We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.

Offline vanoord

• Kopite
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2010, 10:26:16 pm »
Not the man for the job in the long- or even medium-term.

Has he redeemed himself? Probably just about.

Then again, he was always going to be a stop-gap.

The trick is going to be in finding anther Peter Robinson; and in finding another Sir John Smith.
But ye gotta know where ye're just gonna rush in. Ye cannae just rush in anywhere. It looks bad, havin' to rush oout again straight awa'..

Offline GeneticRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2010, 10:26:31 pm »
I'm Rafa's biggest fan and i mean that. I have a tattoo of his head on each of my balls to prove this - if anyone wants to see? I'd imagine you'd prefer to take my word for it but, was his leaving somehow necessary for a fully fledged attempt at removing the cancers? Or maybe that Rafa's power was diminished as a side effect of Purslow's pursuit from within of the cancers, meaning that he had to leave?

The situation to remove them from within must have started to develop since Purslow arrived and because he was pulling in a different direction to Rafa relationships fell apart and in the end Rafa had to leave because the resultant mess was too great.

I hated Purslow when Rafa left, hated him. He reminds me of Zoolander as well which makes it even worse but i absolutely despised him. I still think he's a jumped up little prick now but i do wonder whether the removal of a great manager and the replacing of him with a nice one is a small price to pay when faced with the long term effects the cancers staying on would've produced.

Purslow must have realised this early doors, hence his half-arsed attempts to find new investment because he really wanted them out. If Rafa leaving was a side effect of this then, no matter how much esteem we hold him in, in the end, it was for the greater good and perhaps if this was the case, the hatred towards Purslow could recede?

Offline llcooljoel

• He's bad
  • Legacy Fan
  • Denying I wanted Owen Coyle since 2011.
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2010, 10:30:44 pm »
I'm Rafa's biggest fan and i mean that. I have a tattoo of his head on each of my balls to prove this - if anyone wants to see? I'd imagine you'd prefer to take my word for it but, was his leaving somehow necessary for a fully fledged attempt at removing the cancers? Or maybe that Rafa's power was diminished as a side effect of Purslow's pursuit from within of the cancers, meaning that he had to leave?

The situation to remove them from within must have started to develop since Purslow arrived and because he was pulling in a different direction to Rafa relationships fell apart and in the end Rafa had to leave because the resultant mess was too great.

I hated Purslow when Rafa left, hated him. He reminds me of Zoolander as well which makes it even worse but i absolutely despised him. I still think he's a jumped up little prick now but i do wonder whether the removal of a great manager and the replacing of him with a nice one is a small price to pay when faced with the long term effects the cancers staying on would've produced.

Purslow must have realised this early doors, hence his half-arsed attempts to find new investment because he really wanted them out. If Rafa leaving was a side effect of this then, no matter how much esteem we hold him in, in the end, it was for the greater good and perhaps if this was the case, the hatred towards Purslow could recede?

I have a tattoo of Rafa's face over my own, and I think maybe Purslow told him bluntly in the summer that there would be no money for transfers besides some of what was sold hence he had to leave. If anything Purslow should maybe get some credit for enabling him to leave with some dignity.
We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.

Offline felix.

• easily impressed Baldrick Mark II
  • Legacy Fan
    • last.fm
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2010, 10:30:54 pm »
don't know why he necessarily has to leave, i'd be OK with him having a 'managing' role, far away from footballing decisions. he can take care of revenue, working debt etc.
MOSES SAID COME FORTH
    BUT WE CAME FIRST

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2010, 10:43:10 pm »

He has helped us get rid of G&H and for that deserves our gratitude.  If the new owners decide to keep him in situ then fine, if not then I wish him well in whatever job he takes on in the future.

It's just grating me at the moment. He genuinely is the hub of all that has transpired on the football pitch the last two months. He's the one who's called the shots. He's the one who brought Roy in. Ok Broughton might have a little hand alongside him, but he's been the main protagonist of it all.

In the crux of all the slating Hodgson is rightfully getting. I think its been forgotten in the hysteria of the NESV sale, that Purslow is still the problem. Fair play to him, he done a good job in the sale process. Put himself on the line for the good of the club, but no way can we forget some of the major fuck ups he has made take place, and dear god he's not even taking a stop to this. Carra - a 2 year contract? Really?! Unreal.

I just want him out of the club. He's done more harm than good.

Now that his self proclaimed 'deal of his life' is in the shit. He's sat praying for Roy to scrape a win as soon as possible (leaving him out of the shit for a while longer). When quite clearly now is the right time to call the end of Roy.

He needs to go before he does even more damage.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 10:51:02 pm by Kals »

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2010, 10:43:57 pm »
don't know why he necessarily has to leave, i'd be OK with him having a 'managing' role, far away from footballing decisions. he can take care of revenue, working debt etc.

I'd have him take Roy's job right now, lets face it we could have all got at least 10 points so far with the players at our dispossal.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2010, 10:45:29 pm »
Give him the job managing the club shop.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2010, 10:49:49 pm »
Give him the job managing the club shop.

and then sack him.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Bonaqua

• Kopite
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2010, 10:52:32 pm »
I would definitely want Purslow to stay. The combination of a true red hart, his expertice and experience makes him perfect for this club. And I think its wrong to blame him alone for what happened with Rafa. I really can`t believe the narrow view some have on this issue.

Offline Legendary

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm sorry Wayne. Please finish your cider.
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2010, 10:58:41 pm »
I would definitely want Purslow to stay. The combination of a true red hart, his expertice and experience makes him perfect for this club. And I think its wrong to blame him alone for what happened with Rafa. I really can`t believe the narrow view some have on this issue.

Hope you're having a laugh mate. He is to blame for what happened with Rafa, without a doubt. And his expertise and experience? What expertise and experience exactly?

He should leave while the fans and club wish him well. I am grateful for everything he's done to save this club, but I don't see a spot for him in the new regime.
Every Kick. Every Half. Every Game. Every Year. Liverpool Football Club.

Offline lvcjmac

• Legacy Fan
  • Pennsylvania Kopite
    • Local Internet Marketing
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2010, 10:59:15 pm »
£6 million for Rafa to leave.
£3 million compensation to Fulham for Roy Hogdson.

That's a lot of money to dole out for a club that didn't have any dosh to begin with.  Doesn't sound like too much of an astute numbers cruncher to me.

That being said, thanks for doing your part for getting rid of G&H.
18 time English Champions | 5 time European Champions | 3 UEFA Cups | 7 FA Cups | 8 League Cups

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2010, 11:09:58 pm »
Purslow needs to leave before fans start remembering why he was treated with such disdain over the Summer.

He may have played his part in getting rid of Hicks and Gillett but as I have mentioned already, he would have seen them continue at this club for another three or four years by finding minority investment. In fact, it was only down to the greed of the former owners that Purslow didn't put a last nail in our coffin via the Rhone bid.

The other thing he seems to get praised for is the improved commercial performances that the club has seen over the past year or so. Again, I don't know why as that is Ian Ayre's job. While Ayre himself did his job, Purslow was busy swanning around in LFC tracksuits, playing fantasy football with our squad and trying to refinance our debt.

Don't want him here another second - snake of the highest order.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline tea_tree

• oily and antiseptic.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2010, 11:10:55 pm »

To be fair you'd think people would be mature enough to discuss 2 separate issues, Purslow's role in getting rid of G&H (for which he deserves credit) and Purslow's role in our decline on the football pitch for which he is rightly getting blamed. Because he did well in one respect does not absolve him from blame on the other
"At Liverpool I have never pulled back, I also went to war together with my fans"

Rafa Benitez

Offline GaryM

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2010, 11:13:29 pm »
The board who appointed Hodgson can't escape criticism for it.  I don't want him having any say in any football related matters.
"There's not one club in Europe with an anthem like You'll Never Walk Alone. There's not one club in the world so united with the fans. I sat there watching the Liverpool fans and they sent shivers down my spine. A mass of 40,000 people became one force behind their team ... For that I admire Liverpool more than anything" Johan Cryuff

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2010, 11:14:59 pm »
rumours abound he's been sent on manager scouting duty again if it goes (anymore) t1ts up with Hodgson.

Comes into the club, panders to senior players, briefs against our manager in the press, boasts to fans he's working on sacking the manager, sacks him, employs Hodgson, fcking disaster and then he's the one to pick the next guy - fcking joke.

Thanks for the ownership thing Christian but you aren't fit to form the football strategy at our club...not a fcking clue.

Offline Fontaine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2010, 11:21:14 pm »
GLAFO! line his pockets for his efforts in getting rid of the cancers and show him the door.  Hes proved he knows nothing about football.  The cheek of the man getting rid of our best manager for many years and against the majority of the fanbases wishes too.

This line sums him up for me.  When he was being interviewed after the case last friday he said "can I please go home to my family now"
Absolute drama queen, you'd swear hes was down in the mine with the chilean lads.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 11:25:45 pm by Fontaine »

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2010, 11:22:45 pm »
Whatever you did to help get rid of G&H I send a heartfelt thanks.

Whatever you did to help get rid of Rafa I send boos.

Please as a Liverpool fan stand up and admit you were wrong on both Rafa & Roy. Then sack Roy and hand in your own resignation.

This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2010, 11:25:16 pm »
Purslow is on no contract and his expertise are in bringing in investment which we now have. It's a case of when he goes not if IMO.

Offline Disintegration

• Legacy Fan
  • Kicking Against The Pricks
    • Attempted blog, didn't last long. As always.
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2010, 11:25:28 pm »
Purslow was, I suspect, in a tricky position with some players wanting an 'arm around the shoulder' (I don't think the press telling us that last year was plucked out of the ether). He probably made the best decision to retain them as they're more valuable to a prospective buyer, but obviously Roy has turned out to be all wrong from a footballing standpoint. I thought it would be mid-table at worst, probably after a decent start.

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2010, 11:27:38 pm »
I don't know why people are praising him for voting for NESV, not as if it wasn't in his best interests.

He was brought in to find investment. He failed miserably.

In a bit Chrissy.
hi