Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1386478 times)

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #4640 on: November 14, 2019, 01:55:23 pm »
Exactly. Like the problem when we bought Glen Johnson wasn't Glen Johnson, it was how quickly we replaced Rafa with Hodgson. In this team, Johnson would be an absolute fucking phenomenon, and people would be talking about 'evolving' him to a winger as happened with Bale.
I remember some people wanting johnson to play as a winger back then as well to be fair.

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #4641 on: November 14, 2019, 02:28:14 pm »
Sure. Change this season? Never going to happen. What would be the point. But we will evolve and if we don't, we'll go backwards. This team is going to age out at some point and new players will need to come in. As new players come in, the way we play will change. Change is inevitable.

If anyone is saying move Trent now then I think they are wrong. Why would we change things at the moment when TAA is doing incredibly well, but more importantly the team is doing incredibly well.

If over the next few seasons, we continue with roughly the same players and set up then moving Trent would not make sense unless we have an amazing attacking right back available to us. Reality is that Trent is likely to be at right back for the next few seasons as this current team peaks.

Will he be playing at right back in 3 to 5 years time? Maybe not. Highly likely that our system will have evolved. Probable that Klopp won't even be the manager then. Most of the current players won't be here either. Under a different tactical system and with a different squad Trent's best position might be in midfield. At the moment I don't even see it as a point of debate that he should move into midfield.He's absolutely perfect for us at right back and there's 100 games worth of evidence to show that.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4642 on: November 14, 2019, 02:29:52 pm »
If anyone is saying move Trent now then I think they are wrong. Why would we change things at the moment when TAA is doing incredibly well, but more importantly the team is doing incredibly well.

If over the next few seasons, we continue with roughly the same players and set up then moving Trent would not make sense unless we have an amazing attacking right back available to us. Reality is that Trent is likely to be at right back for the next few seasons as this current team peaks.

Will he be playing at right back in 3 to 5 years time? Maybe not. Highly likely that our system will have evolved. Probable that Klopp won't even be the manager then. Most of the current players won't be here either. Under a different tactical system and with a different squad Trent's best position might be in midfield. At the moment I don't even see it as a point of debate that he should move into midfield.He's absolutely perfect for us at right back and there's 100 games worth of evidence to show that.

And done.

Now let’s get back to just admiring what a fucking player he is
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4643 on: November 14, 2019, 03:12:26 pm »
Alves wishes he could do what Trent can.
Still, he was a pretty decent player: https://youtu.be/urx1WqY-Trw

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4644 on: November 14, 2019, 03:31:11 pm »
Still, he was a pretty decent player: https://youtu.be/urx1WqY-Trw

Imagine what he could have done from central midfield...

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4645 on: November 14, 2019, 04:02:45 pm »
Imagine what he could have done from central midfield...

or as a striker

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4646 on: November 14, 2019, 04:05:02 pm »
or as a striker

Don’t be silly, Gerard Piques productivity meant he was a shoe in up front
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4647 on: November 14, 2019, 05:22:36 pm »
Exactly. Like the problem when we bought Glen Johnson wasn't Glen Johnson, it was how quickly we replaced Rafa with Hodgson. In this team, Johnson would be an absolute fucking phenomenon, and people would be talking about 'evolving' him to a winger as happened with Bale.

If we had the Johnson of that era in our current squad, I'd be up for moving Trent to midfield now.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #4648 on: November 14, 2019, 07:52:27 pm »
Always hilarious watching him refuse to sing God Save the Queen.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4649 on: November 15, 2019, 03:34:30 pm »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #4650 on: November 17, 2019, 05:08:57 am »
Wonder how De Bruyne would go at RB?
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #4651 on: November 17, 2019, 08:25:47 am »
Yeah, Trent really needs to move into midfield in order to influence game

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #4652 on: November 17, 2019, 06:48:38 pm »
He's off the pitch and safe. Thank God.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4653 on: November 17, 2019, 07:09:24 pm »
He's off the pitch and safe. Thank God.

Typical. His positional sense is all over the place.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4654 on: November 17, 2019, 07:17:46 pm »
Typical. His positional sense is all over the place.

We should look into maybe getting him somewhere on the pitch where he can get away with that.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #4655 on: November 17, 2019, 08:21:01 pm »
Me thinking TAA was the main reason for the clean sheets and the high scoreline in the last 2 matches

Trippier would never be able to defend intelligently or put in vicious crosses like TAA could do.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4656 on: November 18, 2019, 02:53:14 am »
Why the need to move him? He can already pass the ball from one end of the pitch to the other, pinpoint, following mad as fuck trajectories that look like they'll never get there and yet always do, on a sixpense. He's the fricking TOR browser of passers. It's better to have him where he is; the whole pitch before him as his canvas.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #4657 on: November 18, 2019, 12:41:29 pm »
Chilwell was caught out at least 3 or 4 times on his flank but you'd never know from listening to the commentary by Hoddle and Lee Dixon last night. It's like they only see Trent  when someone goes past him. An opposition player knocks a ball 3 feet above Trent`s head and it's a crisis. "DEAR GOD WHAT WILL WE DO WHEN HE COMES UP AGAINST BETTER OPPOSITION?!!!"

Christ.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #4658 on: November 18, 2019, 12:43:24 pm »
Chilwell was caught out at least 3 or 4 times on his flank but you'd never know from listening to the commentary by Hoddle and Lee Dixon last night. It's like they only see Trent  when someone goes past him. An opposition player knocks a ball 3 feet above Trent`s head and it's a crisis. "DEAR GOD WHAT WILL WE DO WHEN HE COMES UP AGAINST BETTER OPPOSITION?!!!"

Christ.
Lose, like they usually do.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #4659 on: November 18, 2019, 12:54:11 pm »
Lose, like they usually do.

Hopefully Trent isn't playing the next match England loses cuz he's a ready-made scapegoat. Meanwhile 80 million pound Maguire never "gets caught out."  ::)

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #4660 on: November 18, 2019, 05:02:27 pm »
Hopefully Trent isn't playing the next match England loses cuz he's a ready-made scapegoat. Meanwhile 80 million pound Maguire never "gets caught out."  ::)

It's true, he doesn't get caught out, just gets left on his arse when up against Salah 😁
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #4661 on: November 18, 2019, 09:47:31 pm »
It's true, he doesn't get caught out, just gets left on his arse when up against Salah 😁

;D

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4662 on: November 23, 2019, 05:44:34 pm »
Was that an assist for Trent today? And if so how many is that this season?

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4663 on: November 23, 2019, 05:54:39 pm »
Really struggled today

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #4664 on: November 23, 2019, 05:57:51 pm »
Really struggled today

Really?
I need to watch i properly and not on a dodgy stream, but I thought defensively he was ok. His passing was poor for him and he didn't get forward as much as usual. So i don't think he had a great game, but wouldn't say he struggled?
Zaha only really got round him toward the end of the game. First half the only sniff Zaha got was diving on the floor after feeling the wind on his back.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4665 on: November 23, 2019, 06:01:00 pm »
Really?
I need to watch i properly and not on a dodgy stream, but I thought defensively he was ok. His passing was poor for him and he didn't get forward as much as usual. So i don't think he had a great game, but wouldn't say he struggled?
Zaha only really got round him toward the end of the game. First half the only sniff Zaha got was diving on the floor after feeling the wind on his back.

Maybe struggled is harsh - but he didn't look like he was on his top game....21 years old of course.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #4666 on: November 23, 2019, 06:13:49 pm »
Trent has been off of late showing signs of fatigue, and I hope we can rest him against Brighton. Gomez is capable and hungry to fill in. We shouldn't be needing Trent even with Fabinho out.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4667 on: November 23, 2019, 06:28:26 pm »
We need to remember he is still young and will make some errors, all part of the learning curve. Also, stepping straight back into domestic football after internationals is not easy for an experienced player never mind a young one. I would agree he needs a rest from time to time to help him along.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4668 on: November 23, 2019, 06:34:00 pm »
Yeah, it is only by virtue of his incredible talent that we have casually fortgotten he is still a kid and very much still learning. Good thing with Trent is - he actually does learn and improve after any iffy game, or after facing a difficult opponent.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #4669 on: November 23, 2019, 11:13:50 pm »
I didn't see the match so just watched the second half - from what I saw Trent was really impressive, a lot of dangerous passes and from what I saw defensively solid, too. If anything he seemed guilty of showing Zaha a bit too much respect - backing off in fear of his pace rather than trusting his own pace and agility to target Zaha when he's gaining control of the ball. He's a nightmare once he's running at you but when pressed, he isn't the best. I still felt like that flank was ours for the half, though. Henderson did a great job combining extra cover for Trent and pretty quick, clever use of the ball. His through ball Mane for that (sort of) one on one shot was delicious.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4670 on: November 23, 2019, 11:19:05 pm »
My only issue with him today was that he didn't foul Zaha in their half when he started making his run which eventually lead to their goal.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #4671 on: November 24, 2019, 12:28:05 am »
In his post-match interview on LFC TV today you could tell he had a bad cold. Also probably why he was unavailable for Genk away a few weeks ago. Doesn't seem to recover well from foreign trips with the international team. Also, Southgate should've never played him and Ox for both games. It's no secret that fucker doesn't care much for Liverpool. Probably low-key sabotaging our title push by tiring out our players.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4672 on: November 24, 2019, 01:28:30 am »
High performer.
High expectations.
Can say that for all our players.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4673 on: November 24, 2019, 04:30:09 am »
Really struggled today

Agreed, and quite evident that Klopp tried to reinforce his side by moving Wijnaldum to his side after Milner came on for Hendo, then also subbing in Gomez.

But Zaha was on top form yesterday, really really good with the ball. When he's up for it, he's really difficult to defend against.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4674 on: November 24, 2019, 06:13:55 am »
Agreed, and quite evident that Klopp tried to reinforce his side by moving Wijnaldum to his side after Milner came on for Hendo, then also subbing in Gomez.

But Zaha was on top form yesterday, really really good with the ball. When he's up for it, he's really difficult to defend against.

Seemed towards the end that Townsend was in their left a fair bit like they were overloading that side.

I don’t rate Zaha’s end product too much but he’s a handful for anyone when he’s in the mood and wants the ball all the time and for the final minutes he was definitely that. Thought Trent did pretty well on the whole, sometimes you need a bit of help to deal with someone like that and for the most part he got it.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4675 on: November 24, 2019, 08:17:33 am »
Considering his age and the amount of games, there's no shame going through a bad form. What i like about him is that everytime he got "dropped" he always came back stronger. Maybe we should rest him for a game or two, so we can have the real Trent later, during the very busy period.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4676 on: November 25, 2019, 10:32:40 pm »
Carra highlighting TAA's defending again on MNF.

::)

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #4677 on: November 25, 2019, 10:40:56 pm »
I'm happy for them to comment of his defending as he continually knocks 70 yarders onto peoples toes while our defence concedes the least in the league.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4678 on: November 25, 2019, 10:59:04 pm »
Carra highlighting TAA's defending again on MNF.

::)

Bad bellend with an agenda. I'm assuming he didn't show the times Robertson defended Zaha not very well on the right (after set pieces)? He doesn't tend to be balanced, just takes pot shots at the easier target - "I'm not saying he won't become a good defender, he's young" blah blah meaningless get out clause to make excuses for his sky drivel

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #4679 on: November 25, 2019, 11:01:28 pm »
Anyone remember Carragher at full back? Shudder.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.