Author Topic: Anfield Road Redevelopment  (Read 307078 times)

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Anfield Road Redevelopment
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2017, 06:42:33 am »
Can't wait to get all the old main stand development thread ultras back together again. Discussing girder erections, mis-aligned tunnels and snagging. Great bunch of lads they were, think about them all the time. Especially with those Skyscraper city slags mugging us off with their new Tottenham stadium banter.

Absolute class  ;D

Thought it was only me that thought why are people bothered about that sort of stuff.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2017, 11:42:07 am »
Seems to be a twitter rumour from a journalist called Alex miller...@alexmiller73

I would take with a huge pinch of salt..

Spot on mate, from his twitter (https://twitter.com/alexmiller73):-

Feb 3 - Ian Ayre told me (@fcbusiness) in November re new ARE: 'Once we have (right design and economic model) in place, we will let people know'

followed by...

Feb 3 - A recent update on Anfield Road End... my understanding is that the owners may be looking to get Anfield's capacity to 61,000

and that's about it...?

Can't wait to get all the old main stand development thread ultras back together again.

top name for a RAWK band or a 5-a-side team!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 11:44:02 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2017, 01:00:20 pm »
Will believe it when I see it, even the guy who posted it on Twitter just said they're "still working towards it".

I was under the impression that once we go past 60,000 we needed to sort out transport issues? And that's why they were looking at 59,000

Wonder what the impact would be if we got the 2022 Commonwealth's?  Surely that'd need infrastructure improvements.

FSG surely are keeping an eye on that, and that would impact any plans.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2017, 01:03:41 pm »

Feb 3 - Ian Ayre told me (@fcbusiness) in November re new ARE: 'Once we have (right design and economic model) in place, we will let people know'

followed by...

Feb 3 - A recent update on Anfield Road End... my understanding is that the owners may be looking to get Anfield's capacity to 61,000

and that's about it...?

top name for a RAWK band or a 5-a-side team!

Not just him though is it?  Graham Smith was told they were looking at 62,000 at the last SC meeting.

At the moment I think we can be reasonably sure that FSG are looking to increase it to 62,000.  Whether they're able to do it at a cost that doesn't raise ticket prices is the issue.

As I said above, I think they'll be looking at the Commonwealth Games issue before making any firm plans.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2017, 02:02:43 pm »
Can't wait to get all the old main stand development thread ultras back together again. Discussing girder erections, mis-aligned tunnels and snagging. Great bunch of lads they were, think about them all the time. Especially with those Skyscraper city slags mugging us off with their new Tottenham stadium banter.

Are the giraffes going to be relocated during the development, mate?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2017, 02:04:54 pm »
Will believe it when I see it, even the guy who posted it on Twitter just said they're "still working towards it".

I was under the impression that once we go past 60,000 we needed to sort out transport issues? And that's why they were looking at 59,000

Technically it remains 59,000, the additional 3k are seats in Goodison who have a view of our wonderful main stand and redeveloped anny road.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2017, 02:42:38 pm »
Technically it remains 59,000, the additional 3k are seats in Goodison who have a view of our wonderful main stand and redeveloped anny road.
:lmao
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline RaveDave

• Kopite
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2017, 05:48:44 pm »

followed by...

and that's about it...?

Your missing out the tweet from yesterday

@LFC still working towards a new Anfield Road End, taking capacity towards 62,000, officials announcement possible in the summer

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2017, 11:07:24 pm »
"Official announcement possible"

It's possible that I could have a three way with Rachel Riley and Suzie Dent, but it ain't gonna fucking happen.

What an absolute shit stain posting crap like that this twitter bellend is.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2017, 11:14:31 pm »
One from the bottom and two from the top...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2017, 11:20:30 pm »
Your missing out the tweet from yesterday

@LFC still working towards a new Anfield Road End, taking capacity towards 62,000, officials announcement possible in the summer

Ah, didn't see that until turned the Daily Mail extension filter off. Ta.

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2017, 12:33:39 pm »
It'll be announced once Jurgen misses out on all his top targets and we end up with Demari Gray.... obvs! ;)
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2017, 01:27:20 pm »
No idea about the source, but someone called Oadby Owl on Skyscrapercity recently posted this -

The design for the ARE is coming along well and will include an element of corporate boxes/seats in order to reduce the ROI period. Also, given the capacities of other grounds, KSS are looking to achieve a capacity of 62,000 (so we'll have a bigger capacity than Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Man City, West Ham, etc. once everyone's stadium works are completed).

An announcement should be made in the next three months with a full planning application to follow later in the year.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2017, 01:40:35 pm »
Complete drivel? Yeah that sums up your apologist posts.

The promised a 60,000 stadium. 6 years on and they are doing everything possible not to deliver it despite their investment now being worth over three times what they paid for it.

Spot on. If only more fans felt the same and could then make their opinions known in numbers.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2017, 05:00:10 pm »

That's 8000 extra seats ... seems a lot to add to the stand... doesn't it only hold 8000 now?
W

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2017, 05:59:08 pm »

That's 8000 extra seats ... seems a lot to add to the stand... doesn't it only hold 8000 now?
Yeah, but the current upper tier will be removed and replaced with a new upper tier of 8000 (approx) which when added to the lower tier of 6000 = 14,000 approx.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2017, 06:12:24 pm »
Yeah, but the current upper tier will be removed and replaced with a new upper tier of 8000 (approx) which when added to the lower tier of 6000 = 14,000 approx.
That's not 8000 more seats though...
W

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2017, 07:00:51 pm »

When the extra 500 seats are added to the Kop that will be just under 13,000. If it were to get fully squared off it would probably be around 14,000 so the new ARE will be just a little bit bigger.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2017, 08:24:50 pm »
Yeah, sorry mate - fucked up there ! I was focussing on the removal of about 3000 seats in the present upper tier and the figure of 8000 to take capacity to 62,000 (if that's what it will be). The present plan (to date) is to increase ARE by nearly 6000 (to take it to around 15,000 from 9000 at present) in order to reach a capacity of almost 60,000 - so where the extra 2000 are going in I don't know......perhaps a bigger ARE than planned ?

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2017, 08:28:04 pm »
Yeah, sorry mate - fucked up there ! I was focussing on the removal of about 3000 seats in the present upper tier and the figure of 8000 to take capacity to 62,000 (if that's what it will be). The present plan (to date) is to increase ARE by nearly 6000 (to take it to around 15,000 from 9000 at present) in order to reach a capacity of almost 60,000 - so where the extra 2000 are going in I don't know......perhaps a bigger ARE than planned ?
Yeah... that's what was puzzling me.. you can't really extend the lower tier, and I'm not sure how much you can add to the upper tier without it looking unbalanced..

I hope I get to find out
W

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2017, 08:45:08 pm »
Indeed. If all the extra 8000 are going in at the ARE it'll make it around 17,000......that's colossal for behind a goal.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2017, 09:52:32 pm »
Indeed. If all the extra 8000 are going in at the ARE it'll make it around 17,000......that's colossal for behind a goal.

Plenty of space to do it and realistically the only easily available option for significant expansion so why not.   The Kop is going to look like a bus shelter in comparison.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2017, 09:54:44 pm »
Yeah... that's what was puzzling me.. you can't really extend the lower tier, and I'm not sure how much you can add to the upper tier without it looking unbalanced..

I hope I get to find out

Wouldn't rule out a few more rows on the lower tier, they managed to bolt the extended Main Stand onto a 1906 base so anything is possible.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2017, 09:56:01 pm »
Wouldn't rule out a few more rows on the lower tier, they managed to bolt the extended Main Stand onto a 1906 base so anything is possible.
Could they do that?

If they went back, wouldn't the back of the lower tier be unable to see the pitch??
W

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2017, 10:05:05 pm »
Maybe they are planning on joining the corner of the Main Stand with the Annie Road End?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2017, 10:21:58 pm »
Imagine it'll involve the lower being reconfigured similar to the Main then a big upper tier. Prob with the corners at either side filled (to a degree).

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2017, 03:04:05 am »
To get to that number (62-63K) I'd have thought they have to do the corners somehow. There's been a bit of discussion on Skyscrapercity around that. I spotted on another site someone say 'imagine the main stand but it continues around'. Be interesting to see the plans and how it takes shape.

Wonder if you add a few rows at the back and do the corners first, whether you could avoid losing any capacity while it was built. Looking forward to following the progress!

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2017, 09:43:40 am »
Think the Centenary side is most likely if they were to but a corner in, they could join to the Lower Annie road to the lower main but I'm not sure they would be able to do a lot with the two uppers.

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2017, 05:12:10 pm »
they could join to the Lower Annie road to the lower main but I'm not sure they would be able to do a lot with the two uppers.

But if you joined the lower main to a new lower annie then you miss out on the Emercency Vehicle access point. You'd have to make that up elsewhere so it would defeat the purpose. Personally I like the way the Lower annie and the Lower main use that Access point as a form of segregation from away fans without any loss of seats. Cant see that changeing myself.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2017, 05:31:22 pm »
But if you joined the lower main to a new lower annie then you miss out on the Emercency Vehicle access point. You'd have to make that up elsewhere so it would defeat the purpose. Personally I like the way the Lower annie and the Lower main use that Access point as a form of segregation from away fans without any loss of seats. Cant see that changeing myself.

The away fans will be moving to the other side of the Annie Road End if it's redeveloped.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: March 31, 2017, 06:16:04 pm »

There's access Kop end and you could move the away fans where ever when it is built.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #111 on: April 3, 2017, 12:00:48 pm »
I hope this happens. It really has to.

Still dubious though.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #112 on: April 3, 2017, 12:41:00 pm »

They didn't add any seats to the lower tier. They cut back two or three rows, added the middle tier and then the new upper tier.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: April 3, 2017, 01:11:55 pm »
To get to that number (62-63K) I'd have thought they have to do the corners somehow. There's been a bit of discussion on Skyscrapercity around that. I spotted on another site someone say 'imagine the main stand but it continues around'. Be interesting to see the plans and how it takes shape.

Wonder if you add a few rows at the back and do the corners first, whether you could avoid losing any capacity while it was built. Looking forward to following the progress!

No offence but Skyscraper City is a dubious source for the most part. Some knowledge but a huge amount of bullshit.

There's someone talking about 'just' extending the new Main Stand roof truss as if it's putting in an RSJ for your new kitchen extension*. The main stand truss itself needed two enormous cranes to move it into position. It's now loaded up with the weight of the roof.

I haven't heard anything directly but my guess is that any increase from the outline planning scheme is going to be from tweaks and adjustments. I can't see them moving the roof truss supports for the Main Stand or the Centenary Stand unless it's for a major corner infill like Westfalenstadion because the cost simply doesn't make sense.

*just read some lad saying the club are looking at a 23,000 Centenary and 18-19,000 for the ARE. That's just fantasy.
« Last Edit: April 3, 2017, 01:23:50 pm by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline mkd

• Kemlynite
« Reply #114 on: April 3, 2017, 03:04:52 pm »
No offence but Skyscraper City is a dubious source for the most part. Some knowledge but a huge amount of bullshit.

There's someone talking about 'just' extending the new Main Stand roof truss as if it's putting in an RSJ for your new kitchen extension*. The main stand truss itself needed two enormous cranes to move it into position. It's now loaded up with the weight of the roof.

I haven't heard anything directly but my guess is that any increase from the outline planning scheme is going to be from tweaks and adjustments. I can't see them moving the roof truss supports for the Main Stand or the Centenary Stand unless it's for a major corner infill like Westfalenstadion because the cost simply doesn't make sense.

*just read some lad saying the club are looking at a 23,000 Centenary and 18-19,000 for the ARE. That's just fantasy.

Much as I've long hoped for a Centenary expansion, I can't imagine it's in any way imminent. There's no noise as far as i'm aware of Skerries Rd being demolished, which would be necessary at very least on one side (right to light, safety clearance etc.), and I'm sure something would've been rumored?

What we achieve in life, echoes in eternity

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
« Reply #115 on: April 4, 2017, 03:47:44 am »

No offence taken. There a fair few absolute blaggers on here mind!

I saw the post you mentioned re the truss and thought the same, although he mentions he's seen some engineering specs to lead him to believe it was possible. Could be absolute nonsense though. That 62-63k number has appeared a couple of times though, and I don't see how you can get to that without filling in part of the corners. Again, if it's in any way true.

I've not seen anything about the centenary, is that the same thread? That's clearly where the money would be (or rather the fastest way to pay off the costs) it also seems to be the most difficult logistically.

At the end of the day, these forums are just a bit of fun for discussion. I do appreciate it it when you weigh or Peter weigh in with some technical stuff though.

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
« Reply #116 on: April 4, 2017, 06:04:26 pm »
Current capacity is 54,000. Original increase was mooted to be 60,000. ARE current is about 9,000 with 6,000 in the lower and 3,000 in the upper - which when you look at the pics is a miracle of cramming people in and on when you see the depth of the stand compared to others. The original idea was to increase by 4,800 to take overall capacity to 58,800 - so an additional 7,800 seats in the new tier, meaning overall capacity for the ARE at 13,800 i.e. to increase over capacity to 62,000 would need another 3,200 seat meaning overall capacity of 17,000. Spurs new 'Kop' is 17,000 but  that curves around to the side.

We could potentially go further back with it and the centre part would still be within guidelines but the edges would be the cheap seats unless you did a Kop type arrangement. Not sure how much that would add.

They could off course replicate the overhanging tier that is about to be removed but slightly higher and better constructed and running back then in a continuous tier as already proposed potentially getting your 3,000 seats back with too much extra height.

They are apparently adding in seats this summer in teh Centenary by adding onto the end of each row and narrowing the aisles by one seat - how true this is I dont know  but guess if the legislation would allow it. That and the Kop extension of 470 only replaces those GA seats that we lose. We gain disabled places which adds another 200 or so to overall capacity.

That from next year I think, Premier League rules mean away fans have to be located next to the pitch.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #117 on: April 4, 2017, 06:10:27 pm »
They are definitely adding a seat on every stair well in the Upper Centenary.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: April 4, 2017, 06:42:04 pm »
It's not that straightforward. The closer to the pitch and the higher up you start, the steeper the rake to provide a decent view of the whole pitch over the heads of the rows in front (the 'c' value). The existing ARE Upper is steeper than the new tier and the new tier is already cantilevered and overlaps the lower. The row spacing on the ARE is tighter so a new build with the same number of rows at the front would mean the 'new' rows would start further back. The view form the ARE is shite at the back so you'd want to lift it a bit.

That all adds up and my quick and dirty Photoshop sketch makes it higher than the Main Stand:
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
« Reply #119 on: April 4, 2017, 07:14:54 pm »
Nice work! So how many would something like that add as you have drawn it? Would say possible to do in theory but not practical and way way to expensive for something similar to that.