Author Topic: Fulham  (Read 144025 times)

Offline Tarpaulin

• Polish Ambassador to Liverpool
  • Legacy Fan
Fulham
« on: November 25, 2005, 08:17:40 am »
FULHAM

Fulham - Craven Cottage
Unofficial sites:The Green Pole & Fulham Supporters Club

Address: Stevenage Road, London, SW6 6HH
Main Telephone No: 08704421222
Ticket Office: 08704421234
Capacity:22,480
Away Allocation: 2500

Fixtures

DIRECTIONS & PARKING

To see a street map of the ground and surrounding areas click here

By Car

From the North. Take the A1/M1 to North Circular A406 follow signs for Harlesdon A404, then take the A219 to Hammersmith, when on Broadway follow signs for Fulham, turn right after 1 mile into Harboard Street then left at the end for the ground

From the South/East. Take the South circular A205, follow signs for Putney Bridge A219, cross the bridge and follow signs for Hammersmith for half a mile, take a left into Bishops Park Road, then right at the end.

From the West. Take the M4 to the A4, after two miles branch left into Hammersmith Broadway, then follow signs for Fulham, turn right after 1 mile into Harboard Street then left at the end for the ground.

Parking is possible in the streets around the ground but they are controlled by council parking meters, so make sure you bring some change, (£1.40 per hour) and early arrival is advised. Parking though is free in these areas in the evenings and on Sundays.

By Tube

For an Interactive London Underground Map click here

By London Underground:
Putney Bridge, (District Line)
Approximately 10 minutes walk.

Hammersmith, (Hammersmith & City, Piccadilly and District Lines)
Approximately 20 minutes walk.

Click below for larger map:

Thoughts
A trip to Fulham's Craven Cottage is always one of the highlights of the season. The ground has a really traditional feel, with the Cottage still found in one corner of the ground.

The new Putney End Stand on the river side of the ground holds the away fans. The allocation is usually the standard 3,000 seats, with the other half of the stand allocated to "neutral" fans - when we're in town this is mostly full of Reds. Smoking is not allowed in the stands at your seat.

Pub Guide and extras
As with many London grounds, many supporters choose to drink elsewhere before getting the tube in. That may be a mistake at Fulham though as there's plenty of decent pubs to choose from. The most popular establishment with many of the RAWK away crew is the Eight Bells outside Putney Bridge tube station. 2-3 seasons back you'd have found Les Dennis hoping for a quiet pint, getting serenaded by a hundred scousers pre-match.

Some of the pubs nearest the ground are designated home supporters only (The Golden Lion, The Cottage), so many fans head across Putney Bridge to the south bank of the Thames where there are plenty of options such as The Dukes Head overlooking the river (20 mins walk).

The boys at TOOFIF recommend The Crabtree on Rainville Road as an excellent place to go for a chat and a pre-match pint with Fulham fans. The Zulu Bar isn't a displaced Birmingham hooligans hang-out but a pub on Fulham High Street formerly known as the Kings Head, which welcomes both home and away fans. There's also an O'Neills on Fulham High Street which is popular with Reds.

Away Fans:
Putney End: Adults £40, Concessions £30, Juniors £20

Official Programme: £3.
One F In Fulham Fanzine: £2.

Stadium Plan

Disabled Facilities

« Last Edit: December 6, 2012, 01:37:48 am by Frank. »

Offline !ZED!

• Zed's dead
  • Anny Roader
Re: Fulham
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 06:10:42 pm »
Does anyone know how you go about buying tickets in the "neutral half" of the Putney End?
Do you have to buy them on the day from the ground?

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: April 6, 2007, 06:48:55 pm »
How long does it take to get from Euston to the ground via the tube?

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #3 on: April 6, 2007, 06:52:24 pm »
How long does it take to get from Euston to the ground via the tube?

I'd say about an hour.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 6, 2007, 07:39:17 pm »
I'd say about an hour.

Cheers, looks like the train getting in at 14:00 will be pushing it.

Offline IamDave

• Gone back to bed! zzzzZZZZ
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • All of you are the "Famous Atmosphere" - SING!!
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 03:46:50 pm »
Just in case there are no instructions printed on the tickets ...

Entering the Stadium – to enter the stadium you need to put the bar code-end of your ticket face up in to the mouth of the plastic bar code reader. Once the green light shows you push the turnstile and enter the stadium.

Victoria Line:  Euston to Victoria
District Line:  Going towards Wimbledon, get off at Putney Bridge.  Took 60 minutes.

« Last Edit: May 6, 2007, 11:16:35 pm by IamDave »
So these are meat pies.  What kind of meat exactly?

Offline suttonoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6 on: May 2, 2007, 11:30:53 pm »
where do most of the lads go for a drink

Offline suttonoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7 on: May 3, 2007, 09:10:06 pm »
map in crayon would be nice

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 7, 2008, 08:43:38 pm »
Hiho.

Going over with good friends to see Fulham - LFC in April. 

If I'm not mistaken, we're gonna stay at a hotel with the closest to underground being Russel Square.

So let me see if I got this right, we can/should take the "blue" line to Hammersmith? I was initially thinking about the "green" line, as that would take us to Putney Bridge, and, more importantly, the Eight Bells ;D. But that looks like it would involve changing lines. Ergo, the "blue" line would be the easiest, no?

Thanks!

@Yvanicuzz

Offline IamDave

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #9 on: February 8, 2008, 07:12:37 pm »
Hiho.

Going over with good friends to see Fulham - LFC in April. 

If I'm not mistaken, we're gonna stay at a hotel with the closest to underground being Russel Square.

So let me see if I got this right, we can/should take the "blue" line to Hammersmith? I was initially thinking about the "green" line, as that would take us to Putney Bridge, and, more importantly, the Eight Bells ;D. But that looks like it would involve changing lines. Ergo, the "blue" line would be the easiest, no?

Thanks!

From Russell Square, DARK Blue is the Piccadilly line.  Take train to Earls Court (direction Heathrow or Uxbridge), change to the DARK Green District Line and get on a train that terminates at Wimbledon (trains display the LAST station they are going to, on the front, so as long as it goes through the station you want, you can get on it).  GET OFF AT FULHAM BROADWAY and turn right.  Walk for about 20 mins.

Offline KF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE FOR THE 96-GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!
  • Super Title: Not the sharpest drumstick in the family bucket
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2008, 09:33:30 pm »
away fans get the whole behind the goal now therefore no neutral end
77 and 84 it was rome
78 it was wembley
81 it was paris
05 it was istanbul

Offline jimbolfc86

• Anny Roader
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 11:42:42 am »
away fans get the whole behind the goal now therefore no neutral end

so how many is that then bout 5000 ticket allocation?
when you hear the noise of the bill shankly boys....

Offline KF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 01:57:30 pm »
about that yea
77 and 84 it was rome
78 it was wembley
81 it was paris
05 it was istanbul

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2008, 01:06:03 am »
Definately no neutral end? Thats me screwed then I was almost guaranteed a ticket for that section  :butt
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline KF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2008, 01:07:23 am »
no no neutral end. i will have a spare should you want it?
77 and 84 it was rome
78 it was wembley
81 it was paris
05 it was istanbul

Offline Moley

• Virgin, apparently...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice to mole you....I mean meet you
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2008, 11:17:52 am »
People gonna head to the Eight Bells then?
BETFAIR REFERRAL CODE:  6GRRJ3CQV

Money for me and you!!

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2008, 08:40:36 pm »
People gonna head to the Eight Bells then?

Yes, heading there at about 1:30 ish.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline tt_fc

• Kemlynite
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2008, 10:17:47 am »
for those travelling by tube just be aware that the district line is closed between earls court and whitecapel. its still operting from earls court to putney bridge. for those coming via euston there are ways around it but dont go down to victoria station to change. best to check with tube staff.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2008, 12:17:04 pm »
Alternatively, you can get the Hammersmith and City (Pink) line round to Hammersmith and wonder down Fulham Palace Road. Tends to be a lot quicker than the District line, which is quite possibly the worst line in the world.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2008, 12:18:16 pm »
for those travelling by tube just be aware that the district line is closed between earls court and whitecapel. its still operting from earls court to putney bridge. for those coming via euston there are ways around it but dont go down to victoria station to change. best to check with tube staff.

If thats the case I'd say walk to King's cross (come out of Euston, turn left and walk down main road for 5mins, a few pubs round there too) and get the Picadilly (dark blue) line to Earl's court then District (green) to putney bridge
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2008, 12:19:14 pm »
Alternatively, you can get the Hammersmith and City (Pink) line round to Hammersmith and wonder down Fulham Palace Road. Tends to be a lot quicker than the District line, which is quite possibly the worst line in the world.

There are quite a few pubs down that road too, atleast up to about half way down

Offline Gus 1855

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2008, 12:21:26 pm »
There are quite a few pubs down that road too, atleast up to about half way down

True, but they are largely crap :D

A couple of good pubs on my road, Munster Road, and Fulham Road at the bottom of Munster.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2008, 12:46:58 pm »
Yeah a lot of crap in that area it has to be said. Some nicer pubs along the river though but hard hitting on the wallet

Offline Stuart_Howard

• Main Stander
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2008, 04:00:45 pm »
The Eight Bells is a good pub.  The landlady is a red and last year there was great drink and sing until late after the match - still going strong when we rolled out of there about 11ish.
As a kid, weren't the square crash barriers just so much better?

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2008, 09:02:08 am »
Travel time drawing closer and I'm a happy little boy.

So, some RAWKites to be expected at The Eight Bells then?

Hope to catch you there!

@Yvanicuzz

Offline tt_fc

• Kemlynite
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2008, 11:46:39 am »
yeah ... we'll definitely be there around 1'sh.

Offline Gus 1855

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2008, 08:16:39 pm »
Just discovered I have to go to a wine tasting with work tomorrow morning, so I am likely to be slightly unsteady by the time the game ends.

Spare ticket if anyone wants to go to a wine tasting! :)

Offline SMICER

• Anny Roader
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2008, 08:29:11 pm »
Anyone know what our allocation was for this one last year?

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2009, 04:29:26 pm »
Right, I've secured tickets for the Putney Stand Block P3 Row BB. can anyone help with the following:

1. Am I in the Neutral Section or our section?

2. Is Row BB not obscured by the posts?

Thanks.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2009, 05:22:25 pm »
I was in P3 last year and it was the neutral section - seemed full of our supporters though to me.
Only difference seemed to be that people in the neutral side either wouldn't stand or were in the minority and so told to sit down by stewards, whereas across the aisle in the 'away' section everyone was up and bouncing.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 05:24:47 pm by redgriffin73 »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline millsymate

• Anny Roader
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2009, 05:29:20 pm »
Just walk and stand by them then  ;)

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2009, 10:57:49 am »
I was in P3 last year and it was the neutral section - seemed full of our supporters though to me.
Only difference seemed to be that people in the neutral side either wouldn't stand or were in the minority and so told to sit down by stewards, whereas across the aisle in the 'away' section everyone was up and bouncing.

Thanks for that. Glad that although it is "neutral" it'll be full of Reds.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Gus 1855

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2009, 08:22:02 pm »
Really looking forward to this one if I can find myself a ticket or two.

Either way, big big game!

Offline IamDave

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2009, 11:14:06 am »
Virgin Trains

Late night Saturday and all day Sunday - Diversions in the Northampton area.

Saturday, 4 Apr until Sunday, 5 Apr 2009

From 20.00hrs on Saturday approximately and all day Sunday, services will be divertedin the Northampton - Wolverton area.

Services affected:  London-Birmingham-Wolverhampton London-Manchester London-Crewe-Liverpool London-The North West-Glasgow.

On Saturday 4th April the District line will be suspended between Wimbledon Park and Wimbledon. A rail replacement bus service will be provided.  This section is AFTER Fulham Broadway so majority of us are unaffected by this.

Public transport advice from Fulham FC:

By Bus:
From Kingston-upon-Thames bus station. Take either the number 85 or C4 bus to Putney Bridge. The ground is approximately 10 minutes walk from here

From Hammersmith - Catch either of the following numbers which run down Fulham Palace Road: No's 190, 211, 295, 220.

From Putney - Catch either the No 74 or the 220 to Fulham Palace Road.

By LondonUnderground:
The nearest tube station is Putney Bridge, (District Line)
Approximately 10 minutes walk.

Hammersmith, (Hammersmith & City, Piccadilly and District Lines)
Approximately 20 minutes walk.

Putney End Stand houses the AWAY and NEUTRAL supporters. The Stand was re-developed in 2004 to a covered all-seater stand, having previously been an open standing terrace. The Stand layout varies, but is generally half filled with away supporters (P4-P7), and neutral supporters (P1-P3). The neutral area is suited to supporters with no affiliation or for home and away supporters who are happy to sit together.

The front rows, seats 1-6 are uncovered, the rows are then labelled from “A” up to the back row “UU” and offer covered seating (53 rows in total).

Entering the Stadium – to enter the stadium you need to hold the bar code on your ticket face up in to the mouth of the plastic bar code reader. Once the green light shows you push the turnstile and enter the stadium.

Eight Bells 89 Fulham High Street, near Putney Bridge Tube.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 12:59:10 pm by IamDave »

Offline Flemish Red

• Main Stander
  • Come on you Reds
« Reply #34 on: April 1, 2009, 07:01:09 pm »
Hello,

We've got tix for the riverside stand,left from our stand.
What's it like in there as I think I can't control myself when we score.

Offline Gus 1855

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 2, 2009, 10:46:13 pm »
Hello,

We've got tix for the riverside stand,left from our stand.
What's it like in there as I think I can't control myself when we score.

Normally pretty quiet there, the louder Fulham fans (the 4 of them) are in the other end.

Offline Perkins

• Legacy Fan
  • Prepare to be Skrtelised
« Reply #36 on: April 5, 2009, 03:21:35 pm »
I went yesterday and I thought the police and stewards treated everyone well, the locals were spot on as well and were quick to start conversation with you.  Top away day
To avoid murdering each other, you'll have to keep yourselves anaesthetised with DVD boxsets and the occasional holiday. Life partner? Joy thief, more like

Offline Ashfordian

• Softlad
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2009, 08:47:36 pm »
Good old fashioned ground this is. Nice walk from the pub to the ground too. Just a shame they charge over the odds.

Offline fowler99

• Anny Roader
« Reply #38 on: October 5, 2009, 09:18:32 pm »
Will be going to this in a few weeks. I hear The 8 Bells is a good pub for before the game...
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.”

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2009, 12:43:22 pm »
Will be going to this in a few weeks. I hear The 8 Bells is a good pub for before the game...

Anyone shed any light on the reports that the 8 Bells is shut on atchdays this season?