Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3122224 times)

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - END GAME
« Reply #8600 on: September 17, 2021, 10:18:12 am »
If we could get fees for Ox/Keita (contracts), Minamino, Origi and, dare I say it given contract situation, Firmino or Mane, we'll be looking at a decent little kitty before we take it into account a hopefully very successful year in terms of income from on and off pitch stuff. And I'm sure there was some money to spend from this summer which we haven't spent. If 5 or 6 first team players do leave we'll need a couple of new midfielders, not least with the increasing age of Thiago and Henderson and at least one new forward. But signing 3 players in the 21-25 bracket, with 2 new 8s (perhaps one of them flexible enough to play as a wide forward for us too), and a new central forward will leave us in a very healthy position in terms of the age profile of the squad. What I don't think we can afford to do is carry too many players to the end of their contracts ala Gini. Given how we work the transfer market and how our model works, at some point we need to bring in some fees to enable the squad's evolution. And I don't think any of us think we should do that by flogging Salah/Van Dijk/Allison/Trent (our 4 most lucrative assets you'd have thought) for some £100 million plus fee.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #8601 on: September 17, 2021, 10:19:37 am »
Its a shitter when age increases
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8602 on: September 17, 2021, 10:26:34 am »
Its a shitter when age increases

If we found a way to stop the ageing process for Mo Salah for the next decade we'd be laughing.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8603 on: September 17, 2021, 10:39:35 am »
Its already too late for Mo, he's 29.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #8604 on: September 17, 2021, 12:27:46 pm »
I’d be happy with just bellingham next summer, if we can get him.  He’d be milner’s replacement in the squad, keeps our homegrown quota in check, and can replace hendo long term, as hendo transitions to the milner role as he gets past his peak

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8605 on: September 17, 2021, 12:41:17 pm »
I’d be happy with just bellingham next summer, if we can get him.  He’d be milner’s replacement in the squad, keeps our homegrown quota in check, and can replace hendo long term, as hendo transitions to the milner role as he gets past his peak

Another forward surely needs to be top of the list next summer.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #8606 on: September 17, 2021, 12:49:07 pm »
I don't see us selling Keita at all, a new contract is more likely if he has a good season this season.

A forward, a midfielder and right back cover are essential I think

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8607 on: September 17, 2021, 01:24:56 pm »

With the trajectory he's on, Bellingham would come in as an immediate starter IMO.

I don't see us selling Keita at all, a new contract is more likely if he has a good season this season.

I agree with this. Might be an element of protecting value, but I think we've seen that Keita gets used if he's available so it makes sense to keep him around.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8608 on: September 17, 2021, 01:42:36 pm »
Another forward surely needs to be top of the list next summer.

Quite easily. Everyone obsessed with Bellingham that ship had sailed the moment he joined Dortmund, he will cost 80m+ now.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8609 on: September 17, 2021, 03:27:10 pm »
Surprised we haven’t got Salah tied down yet considering we did fuck all all summer. A year left on his deal next summer.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8610 on: September 17, 2021, 03:29:32 pm »
Surprised we haven’t got Salah tied down yet considering we did fuck all all summer. A year left on his deal next summer.

Yeah I was hoping/thinking that'd be announced on deadline day or a few days after. Perhaps we are saving it for Feb 1st!

Offline bornandbRED

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8611 on: September 17, 2021, 03:33:57 pm »
Yeah I was hoping/thinking that'd be announced on deadline day or a few days after. Perhaps we are saving it for Feb 1st!

You’d assume it’s a priority for us this side of Xmas at the very, very latest.

Although Klopp suggesting he ‘isn’t involved’ when questioned today is a bit of an unexpected response.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8612 on: September 17, 2021, 03:35:22 pm »
You thought Klopp was involved in contract negotiations?

Offline bornandbRED

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8613 on: September 17, 2021, 03:50:07 pm »

You think Klopp isn’t privy to contract negotiations?

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8614 on: September 17, 2021, 03:52:54 pm »
You think Klopp isn’t privy to contract negotiations?

Why would he be?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8615 on: September 17, 2021, 03:53:39 pm »

Doesn't mean negotiations aren't taking place.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8616 on: September 17, 2021, 03:55:22 pm »

We should get this guy to head up negotiations:

We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline bornandbRED

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8617 on: September 17, 2021, 03:55:53 pm »
Why would he be?

Yeah mate, I’m sure the manager of the club has no input or idea when it comes to player contracts. That’s how it works…

:o

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8618 on: September 17, 2021, 04:00:56 pm »
Yeah mate, I’m sure the manager of the club has no input or idea when it comes to player contracts. That’s how it works…

:o

Thats not what I said :D

I mean if you want to be childishly literal then yes, I'm sure the manager is 'involved' in contracts in the sense that he knows if we want to extend them or not. But beyond that, why would he be involved in them? That's not his job.

Offline bornandbRED

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8619 on: September 17, 2021, 04:12:12 pm »
Thats not what I said :D

I mean if you want to be childishly literal then yes, I'm sure the manager is 'involved' in contracts in the sense that he knows if we want to extend them or not. But beyond that, why would he be involved in them? That's not his job.

You’ve just asked why Klopp would be involved/privy to contract negotiations and then said he is.

If you want to be ‘childishly literal’ then yes, he isn’t the one at the table drafting the terms and conditions or negotiating with the agent. But clearly he will be updated and aware of the dynamic of the discussions/any hold ups/what the club is aiming for. To suggest he isn’t is a bit silly.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8620 on: September 17, 2021, 04:17:57 pm »
You’ve just asked why Klopp would be involved/privy to contract negotiations and then said he is.

Involved and privy to are completely different. He never said the latter, you added that later.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8621 on: September 17, 2021, 04:18:39 pm »

If you want to be ‘childishly literal’ then yes, he isn’t the one at the table drafting the terms and conditions or negotiating with the agent. But clearly he will be updated and aware of the dynamic of the discussions/any hold ups/what the club is aiming for. To suggest he isn’t is a bit silly.

I'm really not sure its as clear as you think. I'd imagine he's about as involved in them as Mo himself, which isn't a huge amount considering Mo hires someone to do that for him and we hire people to do it for us. You seem to think we'll be running things past Klopp, or going to him with any issues in the negotiations.

"There's nothing really to say, especially from me as I am not involved," said Klopp.

Odd to think thats an unexpected response when its pretty much his response whenever he's asked about contract extensions

Offline bornandbRED

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8622 on: September 17, 2021, 04:30:47 pm »
Involved and privy to are completely different. He never said the latter, you added that later.

Think you need to get your glasses on if you’re going to play grammar police.

I was asked why would Klopp be privy. I was then told he is. 

I'm really not sure its as clear as you think. I'd imagine he's about as involved in them as Mo himself, which isn't a huge amount considering Mo hires someone to do that for him and we hire people to do it for us. You seem to think we'll be running things past Klopp, or going to him with any issues in the negotiations.

Odd to think thats an unexpected response when its pretty much his response whenever he's asked about contract extensions

My point is simply that he’ll know the status of negotiations. That is very clear.

His response was quite different RE: our most recent public contract affair, which was with Henderson, where Klopp responded ‘we will get it sorted’. You can go back to Wijnaldum/Can and he also admits we are in contract negotiations but ‘nothing is decided’ or words to that effect.

It’s quite a different response to those. May be nothing, but something I noticed in the presser.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8623 on: September 17, 2021, 04:39:13 pm »
Right but.....it isn't 'very clear'. We want Mo to stay, Mo seemingly wants to stay and he has two years left on his contract which we are trying to extend. I'm really not sure why you think the manager is going to be receiving updates on negotiations ('we cant get him to sign' or 'he's signed, great' aside). We did god knows how many over the summer, do you think he was getting a phone call when he was on holiday to say 'Right boss.....we're just talking image rights and appearance bonuses with Virgil today....thought?'?

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #8624 on: September 17, 2021, 06:17:13 pm »
Its already too late for Mo, he's 29.

Yes, Olympic gymnastics is a tough gig. Gotta start at 6 or 7 years of age to have any chance.  Mo is never ever going to win anything as a gymnast,  that ship has sailed.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline bornandbRED

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8625 on: September 17, 2021, 06:50:04 pm »
Right but.....it isn't 'very clear'. We want Mo to stay, Mo seemingly wants to stay and he has two years left on his contract which we are trying to extend. I'm really not sure why you think the manager is going to be receiving updates on negotiations ('we cant get him to sign' or 'he's signed, great' aside). We did god knows how many over the summer, do you think he was getting a phone call when he was on holiday to say 'Right boss.....we're just talking image rights and appearance bonuses with Virgil today....thought?'?

Not sure why you’re reducing this to a transactional level of knowledge when it’s pretty clear what I’m suggesting. Seems like arguing for arguing’s sake.

Do I think Klopp knows the exact % of goal bonuses Salah is demanding/agent commission Salah is demanding and other minute detail? No.

Do I think Klopp knows the probability of an agreement being reached/any blockers/timelines? Absolutely 100%.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #8626 on: September 17, 2021, 07:38:06 pm »
Klopp will get involved if there's an issue that he needs to get involved with like he did with Henderson, otherwise its just "Jurgen, reckon this guy should get a new deal? Yeah? Sound, we'll crack on with negotiations"

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8627 on: September 17, 2021, 07:38:57 pm »

Assuming his minutes are managed better so he doesn't have injury issues, I dont think see them trying to sell a 27 year old MF who is very good.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8628 on: September 17, 2021, 07:41:01 pm »
Klopp will get involved if there's an issue that he needs to get involved with like he did with Henderson, otherwise its just "Jurgen, reckon this guy should get a new deal? Yeah? Sound, we'll crack on with negotiations"

Klopp really doesn't want to get too involved. He did everything back in his Mainz days when the management team consisted of Klopp and the groundsman, and he's never made it sound like something he wants to return to.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #8629 on: September 17, 2021, 07:43:42 pm »
Assuming his minutes are managed better so he doesn't have injury issues, I dont think see them trying to sell a 27 year old MF who is very good.

Agreed mate, especially a player who is playing the role the manager wants him to right now quite effectively and still has more in the locker.

Klopp really doesn't want to get too involved. He did everything back in his Mainz days when the management team consisted of Klopp and the groundsman, and he's never made it sound like something he wants to return to.

Yep and with Michael Edwards he shouldn't need to. With Henderson there was a specific issue that needed sorted and Klopp got involved to get it sorted due to his importance to the team so unless there's something like that then Klopp won't get involved at all

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #8630 on: September 17, 2021, 07:54:28 pm »
Seems like arguing for arguing’s sake.

On this site?

Surely not!!!
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8631 on: September 17, 2021, 07:57:34 pm »
Olympic Gymnast's are considered pensioners by age 25 for fucks sakes. 

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8632 on: September 17, 2021, 09:37:55 pm »
we should aim for the best and do everything possible to get either Mbappe or Haaland. Bellingham as well, these kids could be at top for next 10+ years

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8633 on: September 17, 2021, 10:12:09 pm »
we should aim for the best and do everything possible to get either Mbappe or Haaland. Bellingham as well, these kids could be at top for next 10+ years

Fucking hell, you've cracked it. 

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #8634 on: September 17, 2021, 10:22:58 pm »
I wonder what Henderson's team wanted that involved klopp? Playing time commitments? Klopps word bed e stay till the end of his ( klopps) contact? More hugs?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8635 on: September 17, 2021, 10:35:35 pm »
I would go all out for Haaland.

I think he is better than Mbappe. We get Haaland & Klopp extends we would win the league every year.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8636 on: September 17, 2021, 10:44:43 pm »

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8637 on: September 17, 2021, 10:56:46 pm »

Nah.
I understand the club doesn't normally deal with him as an Agent, but remember part of it is the agent also does what his client wants. Along with Raiola using a lot of misinformation in the press
I dont think he will end at the place Im about to say but reading over some of Haaland stuff it wont be shock if he went to Leeds. this is an interview from 2017 https://www.aftenposten.no/sport/fotball/i/GGP7A6/vraket-utlandet-for-aa-spille-under-solskjaer

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8638 on: September 18, 2021, 01:50:14 am »

Unless we sell Salah talking about players like Haaland and Bellingham is a waste of time. We can't afford them.

What I am worried about is long term. We need our budget to be much bigger, Klopp won't stay forever and teams like Man utd and Arsenal at some point will find their Tuchel. If Barca didn't buy Coutinho, Alisson would be playing for a different team now maybe one of our rivals. We need to be in a position where we can afford a player like Alisson without needing to sell.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8639 on: September 18, 2021, 01:56:18 am »
So we can't find our "Tunchel" after Klopp leaves? We'll have pretty much evrey fuckin' manager interested in taking over LFC.

You're talking like we're some small unsuccessful team for fucks sakes.