The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool Life

e-scooters

(1/70) > >>

gazzalfc:
So these have started turning up in town

Reminds me of this episode of South Park

https://www.youtube.com/v/DbJbGZbsVMw

Looks like they have replaced those green City bikes

Legally, you must be 18+, have at least a provisional driving licence and can only ride them on the road or cycle lines. You are advised to wear a helmet and other PPE but not legally.

What are everyone elses thoughts?

liversaint:
Some innocent bystander getting badly hurt is my first thought. Ideal for drug running across town is another.

What could possibly go wrong?

ChaChaMooMoo:

--- Quote from: liversaint on March 18, 2021, 01:06:25 pm ---Ideal for drug running across town is another.

--- End quote ---

e-Scooters only help if you weigh 50 kilos or less on a flat road and are electronically limited to 20 kmph (12 mph)

I doubt anyone carrying 15 kilos of cocaine would bother with these.

CraigDS:
I've used them, and for someone living in town they are genuinely good for nipping somewhere and not taking the car

However, I've also nearly run over 3 people using them now. 2 who flew across the road in front of me at a junction as they didn't pay attention to the traffic lights, and a 3rd who was on the road and was weaving all over the place.

I'd rather they be limited to a lower speed and they be allowed on pavements. I think that would see less injuries and certainly less fatalities in the long run.

It's also pretty worrying that this has been during a period where roads are meant to be quieter, and town is nowhere near as busy as a busy summer's day - it could well be absolute chaos in the summer.

CraigDS:

--- Quote from: liversaint on March 18, 2021, 01:06:25 pm ---Ideal for drug running across town is another.

--- End quote ---

Not really, you could run as fast as one of these.

Plus don't those guys all have those electric bikes which are more motorbike than bike?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version