Author Topic: Champions League Group Stages home or away  (Read 49306 times)

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Champions League Group Stages home or away
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2019, 09:49:04 am »
Collections are all well and good but these trips can get expensive and the selling criteria isn't the most transparent. Many people literally do the cheapest possible route and that might involve getting in late.

I want to get on the ladder, no doubt, but I don't want it at the sacrifice of the genuine people who just want to get in-and-out as quickly and/or cheaply as possible.

Anyway, I hope we draw both Inter and Atalanta so it's not a struggle to get a San Siro spare.  8)
YNWA.

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2019, 09:59:59 am »
The point is that you’re advocating 100% collections which are a massive pain in the arse for loads us who go to every game. We do need to ration our holidays. And flying to a nearby city or country and getting to the host city on the afternoon of the match is often miles cheaper. When people have raised this you’ve started telling  them to be better organised, accused them of getting second hand tickets, and accused them of not being from Liverpool (heaven forbid).

You’re obviously the novice here with - with your desire for for collections being that you want to get on the ladder - so stop telling those of us who go all the time what’s what.

Half of your post is based on assumptions about me that are not true. I appreciate it's cheaper to get to the host country in the afternoon on the day and that's why collections can be made up until KO.

People are asking the club to sort genuine credits/touting out but the most obvious method of doing it is being rejected. You can't have it both ways.

Online Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2019, 10:23:05 am »
Half of your post is based on assumptions about me that are not true. I appreciate it's cheaper to get to the host country in the afternoon on the day and that's why collections can be made up until KO.

People are asking the club to sort genuine credits/touting out but the most obvious method of doing it is being rejected. You can't have it both ways.

Proof of travel. Sort the admin after without fucking up peoples trips. Bans for fraudulent proof of travel. Most obvious to me. Used to work.
Long live the King

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2019, 11:46:42 am »
Proof of travel. Sort the admin after without fucking up peoples trips. Bans for fraudulent proof of travel. Most obvious to me. Used to work.

How would they prove fraudulent proof of travel?

Online Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2019, 11:50:38 am »
Collections are all well and good but these trips can get expensive and the selling criteria isn't the most transparent. Many people literally do the cheapest possible route and that might involve getting in late.

I want to get on the ladder, no doubt, but I don't want it at the sacrifice of the genuine people who just want to get in-and-out as quickly and/or cheaply as possible.

Anyway, I hope we draw both Inter and Atalanta so it's not a struggle to get a San Siro spare.  8)

Pretty sure they won’t be allowed in the same group just as we can’t get an English team?

Online Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2019, 12:38:07 pm »
How would they prove fraudulent proof of travel?

Two of the same boarding card with the name edited, for example.

A statement that proven fraudulent proof of travel would mean a ban would be enough to put most off.
Long live the King

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2019, 12:44:26 pm »
Two of the same boarding card with the name edited, for example.

A statement that proven fraudulent proof of travel would mean a ban would be enough to put most off.

How would you know it was the same boarding card?

Online Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2019, 12:57:01 pm »
How would you know it was the same boarding card?

Two boarding cards submitted with same seat number but different names, for example.

People might be able to blag it - sure. But if you’re getting a total ban if you get caught, it’s a decent deterrent.
Long live the King

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2019, 01:56:46 pm »
So they're going to sift through the seat numbers of up to 5000 people's boarding cards and cross reference them? Not in the slightest bit unrealistic that is it?

Online Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2019, 02:14:40 pm »
So they're going to sift through the seat numbers of up to 5000 people's boarding cards and cross reference them? Not in the slightest bit unrealistic that is it?

Sometimes a blag will be obvious. If something looks suspicious you look into it a bit more. As I say, the threat of banning in itself a deterrent.

If you’d prefer to go out of your way in a foreign city so be it.

As an interesting aside to this stopping touting malarkey and the rejection by some of photo ID: the old European travel club used to have photo ID. People accepted it then. Maybe a reintroduction of the European travel club wouldn’t be such a bad idea. Transfers only to other European travel club members etc.
Long live the King

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2019, 07:30:43 pm »
Pretty sure they won’t be allowed in the same group just as we can’t get an English team?

oh fuck! completely forgot about that. Well, here's hoping Atalanta qualify and we get Inter in the groups  8)
YNWA.

Online Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2019, 08:58:31 pm »
oh fuck! completely forgot about that. Well, here's hoping Atalanta qualify and we get Inter in the groups  8)

They’ve qualified for the  groups automatically mate.

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #92 on: August 20, 2019, 06:51:53 am »

Last time there was proof of travel needed there was a lad on twitter who would sort it all for £100. No idea if it worked or not

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #93 on: August 20, 2019, 06:52:35 am »
If there having collections for European aways then why aren't they doing it for domestic aways? What are they saying the difference is?

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: August 20, 2019, 07:03:45 am »
They’ve qualified for the  groups automatically mate.

I meant qualify their group in to the knock-outs  ;)
YNWA.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #95 on: August 20, 2019, 09:03:23 am »
If there having collections for European aways then why aren't they doing it for domestic aways? What are they saying the difference is?
I’m guessing 2 points. Safety of fans and for Euro aways most fans are in city all day before the match unlike domestic aways were fans only really show up close to kick off. Euro away allow you to do a collection at a hotel all day. I mean you could for domestic aways but your asking fans to add a couple hours on to their journey going away from ground.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: August 20, 2019, 09:05:47 am »

People don’t get to Newcastle away 36 hours before kick off.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #97 on: August 20, 2019, 02:09:42 pm »
I’m guessing 2 points. Safety of fans and for Euro aways most fans are in city all day before the match unlike domestic aways were fans only really show up close to kick off. Euro away allow you to do a collection at a hotel all day. I mean you could for domestic aways but your asking fans to add a couple hours on to their journey going away from ground.
A sacrifice worth paying if it helped eradicate some of the touting even a random 100 tickets.
Kenny Godglish

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: August 20, 2019, 02:11:45 pm »
A sacrifice worth paying if it helped eradicate some of the touting even a random 100 tickets.
I mean you could start with the Derby and have everyone collect  at Anfield. Domestic aways it would be difficult to employ any collection that will suit everyone. I’m not a regular away goer but I’d leave an hour earlier every week if it meant collecting. I know for others it wouldn’t suit

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: August 20, 2019, 02:16:53 pm »
I mean you could start with the Derby and have everyone collect  at Anfield. Domestic aways it would be difficult to employ any collection that will suit everyone. I’m not a regular away goer but I’d leave an hour earlier every week if it meant collecting. I know for others it wouldn’t suit

If you left an hour earlier you'd probably still miss kick off. 3000 individual transactions at the West Ham ticket office before a 12.30 kick off? 

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: August 20, 2019, 02:31:28 pm »
If you left an hour earlier you'd probably still miss kick off. 3000 individual transactions at the West Ham ticket office before a 12.30 kick off?
I think you’d start with a small number 5% or so. I don’t see it ever happening. The reaction to euro collections which are much easier have been poor. Domestic aways aren’t going to change for a while yet

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: August 20, 2019, 09:59:12 pm »
Shakhtar in Kharkiv would be a decent trip.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #102 on: August 20, 2019, 10:34:37 pm »

Yeah good trains from Kiev and a nice city as long as you stay in the center. Have very blurry memories but would love to get a few less blurry  ;D

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: August 21, 2019, 06:09:53 am »

Can see the Chernobyl tours just being full of reds  ;D
YNWA.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2019, 09:39:24 am »

That's my thinking if we get them!

Have extra time in Kyiv to get Chernobyl in. Ryanair have started flying to Kyiv and prices are really good

Online Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2019, 10:29:42 am »
Do we think Shakhtar would need proof of travel or is that just for Russian teams?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2019, 10:33:01 am »
Do we think Shakhtar would need proof of travel or is that just for Russian teams?
I wouldn’t think so, but I doubt it’ll be a popular trip

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #107 on: August 21, 2019, 11:01:08 am »
11 of our lot did the Chernobyl tour the day before the final last year, if you ever get a chance to do it, I'd highly recommend it.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #108 on: August 21, 2019, 02:39:35 pm »
That's my thinking if we get them!

Have extra time in Kyiv to get Chernobyl in. Ryanair have started flying to Kyiv and prices are really good

Just looked at Manc to Kiev and found one for 22.99. I just picked a random date at the end of September . Really cant wait until the 29th August so I can actually book a route to hopefully somewhere mad.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: August 21, 2019, 09:45:53 pm »
Just looked at Manc to Kiev and found one for 22.99. I just picked a random date at the end of September . Really cant wait until the 29th August so I can actually book a route to hopefully somewhere mad.

Yeah theyre the ones, class prices

Don't think we need to worry about Krasnodar. Tie over already vs Olympiakos

Online Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: August 21, 2019, 10:01:44 pm »

Zagreb looking good, and annoyingly Red Star with 2 away goals have a great chance with their fans at home

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: August 21, 2019, 10:40:37 pm »

Indeed they are . The route I took last time was mental.

Speke
Katowice
Krakov
Prszmysl
Lviv
Kiev

Ouch.
Zagreb looking good, and annoyingly Red Star with 2 away goals have a great chance with their fans at home

I actually wouldnt mind going back to Belgrade again if Iam honest.

How are FC Cluj doing as as far away as it is it is actually easy to get to via Budapest. Iam not ashamed to say this but when Iam bored of a night I plan routes to mad places .

:D

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: August 21, 2019, 10:41:18 pm »
^

Well I fucked up that first quote , didn't I ?

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Online Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #113 on: August 21, 2019, 10:49:52 pm »

If the choice is Belgrade or Switzerland, the worlds most boring country, it’s belgrade every day.
Long live the King

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: August 21, 2019, 11:08:22 pm »
If the choice is Belgrade or the Old Scouse Warehouse , the worlds most boring country, it’s belgrade every day.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #115 on: August 21, 2019, 11:17:41 pm »
I actually wouldnt mind going back to Belgrade again if Iam honest.

How are FC Cluj doing as as far away as it is it is actually easy to get to via Budapest. Iam not ashamed to say this but when Iam bored of a night I plan routes to mad places .

Same, would love to go back there. Had a cracking time last season.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: August 22, 2019, 12:00:11 am »
Same, would love to go back there. Had a cracking time last season.

Same here even if I did miss by overnight bus back to Budapest. I got a gaff in the side street by the LFC Supporters bar without even knowing. I left me gaff on the Tuesday morning and seen a few flags hanging outside so I thought.. what the fucks this ? I goes in only to find out that it's where most of us planned to meet. Just goes to show that not everything needs to be planned.

;D

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Online Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: August 22, 2019, 08:11:48 am »

Lost the home leg 1-0 against Slavia Prgaue

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: August 26, 2019, 10:05:29 am »
Has Atlanta playing at the San Siro been confirmed? Probably the only big ground in Europe I haven't done yet and it's gonna be gone soon
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #119 on: August 26, 2019, 10:30:32 am »
Has Atlanta playing at the San Siro been confirmed? Probably the only big ground in Europe I haven't done yet and it's gonna be gone soon
Yes, both Inter and AC have given the ok.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored