Author Topic: Apple iOS Apps Thread (iPad / iPhone / iPod)  (Read 440206 times)

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Apple iOS Apps Thread (iPad / iPhone / iPod)
« Reply #4680 on: November 27, 2022, 08:11:34 pm »
Change the language in the Google Account settings…

https://myaccount.google.com/language?

Offline gav91v

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4681 on: November 27, 2022, 08:46:46 pm »
Change the language in the Google Account settings…

https://myaccount.google.com/language?

Nice one, all sorted!

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #4682 on: January 11, 2023, 10:22:28 am »
Is anyone using iOS16 on an iPhone 11?

Looking at getting one but wanted to check whether it ran well on there or totally screwed the phone up (battery, storage etc.)
JFT97

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #4683 on: February 13, 2023, 06:26:47 pm »
Gnereal moan and groan

The Apple TV remote is total shit

I have more problems with that than anything else in the house.

Apple TV is a great piece of tech to interface the web to the TV but the remote is total junk and it hasnt changed in years. I cant imagine even the people who design Apple TV even like it

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #4684 on: February 15, 2023, 11:46:21 am »
If you have an iOS device or Computer you need to do an update NOW

Apple are being quiet about it, but it seems this is worse than the 18th August issue - your security is likely breached.

DO IT NOW. DON'T EXPOSE YOURSELF. Get it installed. Get it rebooted.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #4685 on: February 15, 2023, 01:37:22 pm »
Gnereal moan and groan

The Apple TV remote is total shit

I have more problems with that than anything else in the house.

Apple TV is a great piece of tech to interface the web to the TV but the remote is total junk and it hasnt changed in years. I cant imagine even the people who design Apple TV even like it

I just use the phone to be honest
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #4686 on: February 17, 2023, 06:22:28 pm »
I just use the phone to be honest

hmmm didn't realize I could connect the two, although I guess its on the same wifi. Thanks

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4687 on: March 3, 2023, 10:36:32 am »
What is the best adblock to use on Safari? I've looked in the app store and there is a load.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #4688 on: April 23, 2023, 10:59:50 am »
My mum is spending a lot of time at the hospital with my dad currently and her current phone (iPhone 8) is knackered so I want to get her a ‘new phone’. I have been looking online and an iPhone X seems to be in budget.

However, they are emphasising that the iPhone X model is an A1901 which is GSM network only. Is that model ok to use in the UK, she’s with Sky mobile currently.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4689 on: June 5, 2023, 08:13:06 pm »
 iOS 17 Looks like a nice update. Some nice touches for phone and iPad.

Those “Google’s” aren’t quite what I was expecting. Vision pro’s. €3499. Look good on the slopes.  :o

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4690 on: June 5, 2023, 10:03:42 pm »
Those Vision Pro's look like a monumental waste of money.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline ShrewKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4691 on: June 5, 2023, 11:48:58 pm »
Those Vision Pro's look like a monumental waste of money.

$3499 with a two hour battery life. Not sure who this is aimed at, or why you would use this, but yes, a monumental waste of money seems about right

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4692 on: June 6, 2023, 07:20:55 am »
Some nice software updates, especially WatchOS which has been neglected and outdated for ages. Hardware lineup looks terrible. Less said about the headset the better. Still no sign of updates to the iMac lineup. Best thing they’ve shown is the big Macbook Air. Pretty meh overall.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4693 on: June 6, 2023, 05:52:19 pm »
Interesting advert.

https://twitter.com/tim_cook/status/1665806600261763072?s=61&t=IBM61bzNciP9yNB3C-HiEg

I sort of see what they are aiming for, the UI looks really good.

But the cost is absurd!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4694 on: June 6, 2023, 05:56:13 pm »
It's a luxury for people who have money to burn.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #4695 on: June 6, 2023, 08:01:40 pm »

One for the kids there... ;)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #4696 on: June 6, 2023, 09:57:47 pm »
I’m just looking forward to the Snoopy faces on watchOS

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4697 on: September 18, 2023, 07:55:26 pm »
iOS 17, iPadOS and presumably WatchOS are out. I’ve been using the RC since last week and it’s a really good update, the standby mode is pretty cool.

Oh and Apple TV has been updated and you can now find your remote with your phone which is a life saver for me, not sure if this is only on the newer 4k version.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 07:58:23 pm by Hedley Lamarr »

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4698 on: September 18, 2023, 08:25:05 pm »
Watch os is so, so stale and drab. Hope they properly rewiork it. It is in desperate need of some fresh ideas.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4699 on: October 2, 2023, 11:36:11 pm »
It's never their fault.

Why your new Apple iPhone 15 is overheating

Apple has blamed a bug in its operating system and updates to apps such as Instagram for its new iPhone 15 overheating.

Since the latest model of the smartphone went on sale in September, some users have complained the devices are getting too hot to touch.

Apple said there was a bug when updating iOS 17 on the phone.

But it also claimed that changes to third party apps are "causing them to overload the system".

iPhone users have come to expect their devices to become hotter during the initial set-up or when they are being backed up, due to the amount of processing power being used and the handset working overtime - but these issues with the iPhone 15 have been worse.

Users took to social media to complain the new phones were searing.

Apple said that the device may feel warmer in the first few days "after setting up or restoring the device because of increased background activity."

The company said: "We have identified a few conditions which can cause iPhones to run warmer than expected."

This includes a bug in iOS 17 which is the latest version of Apple's software which is accessible for its most recent models.

It said that "another issue involves some recent updates to third-party apps that are causing them to overload the system," and it is working with app developers on fixes that are in the process of being rolled out.

Among the apps blamed for the problem are Instagram, Uber and the video game Asphalt 9, according to Apple.

Instagram already fixed the issue with its app last week.

The upcoming iOS 17 bug fix will not reduce performance in order to address the iPhone's temperature.

Apple stressed that the warming phones is not related to the new titanium casing that houses the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max instead of the stainless steel used on older smartphones.

It also dismissed speculation that the overheating problem was anything to do with the new USB-C port that allowed it to comply with a mandate issued by European regulators.

Apple said the issue is not a safety or injury risk and will not impact the phone's long-term performance.

Suppose it is to be expected when you choose to buy tech from the cheaper end of the market  ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4700 on: October 3, 2023, 08:39:29 am »
Shit phones. My wife has a 12 Pro Max, weighs a ton and can always hear it when she drops it. God forbid you do drop it, that's either the screen or the back glass gone.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4701 on: October 3, 2023, 01:10:15 pm »
In all the iPhones I’ve ever had, I’ve only ever had one screen replaced when a jar was knocked out of a cupboard straight into the screen. I always by the same type of iPhone case, a branded and tested bumper case that covers the back and frame. Never had any damage from any amount of dropping it.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4702 on: October 3, 2023, 01:48:57 pm »
All modern phones run the risk of breaking when you drop them, they’re made of glass, gravity doesn't respect glass.  I’ve never broken any phone because I don’t go around dropping them.

Samsung, Google, Apple, they’re all as tough, or fragile, as each other.  As for the heating up thing, I don’t have the 15 so I can’t judge that.  I did have a Samsung Note 7 that got recalled because it was literally exploding.

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #4703 on: October 3, 2023, 08:58:45 pm »
I drop my iPhone 13 Pro Max on a regular basis. I invested in a decent case and screen protector. Absolutely no problems in the 18 months I have owned it!

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
  • what chu talkin' bout willis?
« Reply #4704 on: October 24, 2023, 04:56:33 pm »
Mate of mine has a iPhone mini 12 he's just done a software update and it's stuck on a black screen with the apple logo I've tried the reboot holding power/volume button combos for him but it went straight back to a the logo, will he have to connect to iTunes/finder and reset and lose all his data?

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4705 on: October 24, 2023, 06:07:33 pm »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4706 on: October 24, 2023, 08:59:11 pm »
If Claire's link doesn't work tell him to make an appointment in an Apple shop, they are really helpful and there won't necessarily be a charge at all.

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
  • what chu talkin' bout willis?
« Reply #4707 on: October 24, 2023, 09:33:20 pm »
Thanks for the replies I'll pass it on to him

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4708 on: October 25, 2023, 09:01:10 am »
If Claire's link doesn't work tell him to make an appointment in an Apple shop, they are really helpful and there won't necessarily be a charge at all.

There won't be a charge, it's less than 6 years old and is likely stuck in a boot loop, they'll either be able to sort it in store or they'll send it off, if it's bricked itself he'll get a replacement.

The staff know about the 6 year rule, but if you do get a prick just mention it.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4709 on: October 25, 2023, 04:27:08 pm »
I'd never heard of the six year rule, just thought they were being really helpful  ;D
Will remember that.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4710 on: October 26, 2023, 07:49:32 am »
I'd never heard of the six year rule, just thought they were being really helpful  ;D
Will remember that.

most people haven't! It's law in this country* though most retailers/manufacturers rely on the public not knowing about it, apple are one of few who honour it without being funny about it because they pride themselves on their devices lasting that long!

* just remembered it's law in england/Wales possibly NI, but it's 5 years in Scotland iirc.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4711 on: November 24, 2023, 08:48:59 am »
I drop my iPhone 13 Pro Max on a regular basis. I invested in a decent case and screen protector. Absolutely no problems in the 18 months I have owned it!

Took delivery of a 15 Plus yesterday.  First time I’ve ever had the latest release. Time to take some care.

Spent hours last night doing case and screen protector research. Finally decided on a Mous Limitless 5.0 Aramid fibre case.  Looks very cool and durable. Mous get some good reviews too.  Anyone here got one?

Ordered some screen protectors too. Dreading fitting it though, as I hear they are a fiddly nightmare to apply.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4712 on: November 24, 2023, 09:13:03 am »
they can be yeah, make sure the screen is really clean and they apply with static and a lot of static applied things work well with a little moisture to stop you getting bubbles.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4713 on: November 24, 2023, 01:58:57 pm »
they can be yeah, make sure the screen is really clean and they apply with static and a lot of static applied things work well with a little moisture to stop you getting bubbles.

Cheers Claire

Which screen protectors do you recommend?

I ended up getting the 'JETech' Tempered Glass Film.   Pack of 3 and comes with an easy Installation Tool.  Less than £7, so not the end of the world if (when) I fail 3 times. :)

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4714 on: November 24, 2023, 02:21:59 pm »
I've stopped using them since apple improved the glass, I've had the 12 since launch and no scratches. I only put a case on and I've been using the apple leather ones for my last few phones.

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #4715 on: November 24, 2023, 03:26:12 pm »
Screen protectors in 2023? Are Apple using screens made from Chocolate or do you keep your phone in the same pocket as keys and coins?

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #4716 on: November 24, 2023, 04:07:03 pm »
Screen protectors in 2023? Are Apple using screens made from Chocolate or do you keep your phone in the same pocket as keys and coins?

Don't know about the chocolate bit but my handbag is pretty hostile environment. For the cost I think the protectors give piece of mind.

Got the perfect condition price from Mazuma for my last phone.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4717 on: November 24, 2023, 05:18:39 pm »
I've stopped using them since apple improved the glass, I've had the 12 since launch and no scratches. I only put a case on and I've been using the apple leather ones for my last few phones.

The phone has gone flying so many times in mad away ends and at Anfield.  Mane, Origi, and Ricky Lambert straight off the top of my head are responsible for a few screen cracks. :)

I am more concerned about full-on cracks rather than scratches.

Seriously though.  Is the iPhone glass that good now it can withstand major wear and tear?

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4718 on: November 24, 2023, 05:27:21 pm »
Don’t think I’ve ever put a screen protector on an iPhone. Only once has one got broken when it was on the kitchen worktop face up and a jar got knocked out of the cupboard above it and it landed on the screen. I always just use a ‘bumper’ type case which lips fractionally over the edge all the way round.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4719 on: November 24, 2023, 05:31:52 pm »
Don’t think I’ve ever put a screen protector on an iPhone. Only once has one got broken when it was on the kitchen worktop face up and a jar got knocked out of the cupboard above it and it landed on the screen. I always just use a ‘bumper’ type case which lips fractionally over the edge all the way round.

Yeah, that type of case is exactly what I've ordered.

Going back to Claire's earlier comment re: glass improvement.  My last phone prior to treating myself to this 15, was an iPhone XS.  I wonder if that model was before the glass upgrade she speaks of?

The reason I had to bin it off and get a new phone was due to one crack too many, which rendered it...fooked.