Author Topic: Andy Robertson (Andrew Henry Robertson MBE)  (Read 791015 times)

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Just Fucking Robertson...
« Reply #4680 on: October 30, 2021, 04:55:36 pm »
He's been below the standards he set for well over a year. Tsimikas has played better since the season began. He's always 10 yards behind the centre backs.

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4681 on: October 30, 2021, 04:56:10 pm »
His position should be coming under real pressure if he keeps this form up.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4682 on: October 30, 2021, 04:56:40 pm »
Agree that he really struggled today, but he wasn't the only one.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
« Reply #4683 on: October 30, 2021, 04:57:25 pm »
He wasn't the only one at fault, but he was all over the place for their second goal.  First he played them offside and then did his best Moreno impression trying to stop Tressard.  Robbo has to do better as he's been too sloppy this season.
Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #4684 on: October 30, 2021, 05:04:19 pm »
Another frustrating performance from him. He needs a prolonged rest.
"prolonged" seems a bit much, but yeah he needs a wee rest. Maybe give him midweek off. Robertson is still one of our best players, and he didn't get a lot of help from the midfield today.

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4685 on: October 30, 2021, 05:13:14 pm »
"prolonged" seems a bit much, but yeah he needs a wee rest. Maybe give him midweek off. Robertson is still one of our best players, and he didn't get a lot of help from the midfield today.

We've got a great reserve left back . He deserves an opportunity and Robbo deserves a rest.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #4686 on: October 30, 2021, 05:15:59 pm »
We've got a great reserve left back . He deserves an opportunity and Robbo deserves a rest.
I don't disagree with that. Rotation is important. I'm just saying a long-term benching would not only be a psychological blow to Robbo, it would be unfair all things considering. Things aren't so dire yet.

Offline Rahul21

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4687 on: October 30, 2021, 05:16:14 pm »
His position should be coming under real pressure if he keeps this form up.

His form has been average for about a year.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4688 on: October 30, 2021, 05:19:52 pm »
Only injury will keep him out of the team, same for Virg.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #4689 on: October 30, 2021, 05:20:19 pm »
His form has been average for about a year.
Bollocks. He's had the odd off-game every now and then but so has everybody.

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #4690 on: October 30, 2021, 05:21:15 pm »
He’s not been as good going forwards anymore has he? Terrible defending and positioning for trossard goal as well

Offline Rahul21

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4691 on: October 30, 2021, 05:30:49 pm »
Bollocks. He's had the odd off-game every now and then but so has everybody.

His output the last year has been average. Passing and final ball nowhere near as good as it used to be.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #4692 on: October 30, 2021, 05:31:24 pm »
He’s not been as good going forwards anymore has he? Terrible defending and positioning for trossard goal as well
Who gave a crap that Robbo didn't get any assists when we beat Man Unite 5-0? Nobody. His lack of attacking output is only being used as another stick to beat him with because we had a bad second half. The team has changed a lot and his attacking responsibilities aren't the same as before ... not all the time anyway. We all know how he and Trent get slated when caught upfield and the opponent score. You never hear the end of it from the media hacks who somehow seem completely blind to the misdeeds of Maguire and Shaw.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4693 on: October 30, 2021, 05:32:20 pm »
He's defo not reached the level he can for the last year or so. Tiny sample size but Tsimikas crossing looks better too though we'll have to see how the rest of his game shows over time. Can feel a little unlucky he's not had more of a run but it's nice to have 2 good options anyway.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4694 on: October 30, 2021, 11:01:59 pm »
Who gave a crap that Robbo didn't get any assists when we beat Man Unite 5-0? Nobody. His lack of attacking output is only being used as another stick to beat him with because we had a bad second half. The team has changed a lot and his attacking responsibilities aren't the same as before ... not all the time anyway. We all know how he and Trent get slated when caught upfield and the opponent score. You never hear the end of it from the media hacks who somehow seem completely blind to the misdeeds of Maguire and Shaw.
A huge amount of his crosses and passes seem to get cut out, Trent and kostas beat the blocker way easier.
His strength is his engine which looks as good as ever, for some reason his passing has dropped off from a couple of seasons back. Maybe he's easier to read and players have worked him out a bit, or maybe it's me.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4695 on: October 30, 2021, 11:11:52 pm »
A huge amount of his crosses and passes seem to get cut out, Trent and kostas beat the blocker way easier.
His strength is his engine which looks as good as ever, for some reason his passing has dropped off from a couple of seasons back. Maybe he's easier to read and players have worked him out a bit, or maybe it's me.

To be honest when all of their defenders are pretty much a lot taller than our attackers, it's easy to see why perhaps some crosses get cut out. It's a complete mismatch if we're expect Mo at 175cm to out jump Duffy at 193cm.

I think this is a game where we needed to find a different ways to score, or add a different dimension to those crosses i.e. we needed smart movement to generate space in the box for Mane or Salah to pounce on, whereas most of the time Robbo got forward, he was launching it into a pretty crowded box so it never looked particularly threatening. Trent has the ability to cross from deeper, and much earlier and this has the chance to catch out a defender if they aren't perfectly positioned because of the speed that he sends the ball across. In fact, this is how Ox's cross caught them out and we scored our 2nd goal.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4696 on: October 31, 2021, 08:36:12 am »
Had a right go at a few in the main stand midway through the second half , the ball went out from his mistake and a few took to there feet in frustration but he let rip back himself

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4697 on: October 31, 2021, 08:48:02 am »
Had a right go at a few in the main stand midway through the second half , the ball went out from his mistake and a few took to there feet in frustration but he let rip back himself

Yeah seen that. It’s not happening for him at the minute.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4698 on: October 31, 2021, 10:01:16 am »
His crossing isn't as good as it's made out to be. Out of 20, I'd rate it a 12. Tsimikas' is far more accurate.

Players can lose form but that's the benefit of having options. IMO, he should be rested against Atleti.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4699 on: October 31, 2021, 10:46:05 am »
…..so 6/10 then
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4700 on: October 31, 2021, 10:53:36 am »
I’d say his crossing has been more of a 32/40.

His defending for their second goal was poor though.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4701 on: October 31, 2021, 11:19:57 am »
Its not binary - that he's either the best in the world or dogshit. But I think its fair to say he has been sub-par for at least a year, compared to his previous standards of being top-3 in the world, and that as a result he should not be an automatic pick anymore. He must have played more football in the last 12 months for club and country than anyone else.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4702 on: October 31, 2021, 02:04:42 pm »
Here's the problem - he got another international break upcoming with - no actual break in sight.

He's got to be just exhausted at this point.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4703 on: November 1, 2021, 02:20:44 pm »
Here's the problem - he got another international break upcoming with - no actual break in sight.

He's got to be just exhausted at this point.

Yes and even I would not expect him to play every game for Scotland given their qualification situation. So the answer should be to give Tsimikas more games.

Ironically, I would play Robbo on Wed vs Atletico and play Tsimikas vs West Ham on Sunday.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #4704 on: November 1, 2021, 05:15:40 pm »
Yes and even I would not expect him to play every game for Scotland given their qualification situation. So the answer should be to give Tsimikas more games.

Ironically, I would play Robbo on Wed vs Atletico and play Tsimikas vs West Ham on Sunday.

that's not irony, it's a recognition of the necessity of a certain amount of spite in our eleven anytime we face Atletico...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4705 on: November 1, 2021, 06:14:01 pm »
IMO, he should be rested against Atleti.

was just about to post the same thing.  give Robbo a breather - god knows he deserves one.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4706 on: November 2, 2021, 09:51:09 am »

Sorry I mistyped this.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4707 on: November 2, 2021, 10:43:07 am »

If you're standing on your feet to have a go at our players you deserve what you get imo. With that said, Robbo badly needs some time out of the team and given his position is probably where we have the strongest cover, it's time Jurgen gave him a breather.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4708 on: November 2, 2021, 01:04:00 pm »
If you're standing on your feet to have a go at our players you deserve what you get imo.

x1000

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #4709 on: November 2, 2021, 11:40:42 pm »
was just about to post the same thing.  give Robbo a breather - god knows he deserves one.

Do you think its mental fatigue rather than physical?

I think he was overplayed last season due to injuries, but he's played 7/10 PL games and a few UCL games since Aug

Not Robbo specific but I don't think that's a particularly demanding physical workload.

As I've said before I prefer players to be playing 2 x per week for rhythm - although I accept mental/physical fatigue can be a factor.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4710 on: November 3, 2021, 04:35:40 am »

I think he was overplayed last season due to injuries, but he's played 7/10 PL games and a few UCL games since Aug

Not Robbo specific but I don't think that's a particularly demanding physical workload.

As I've said before I prefer players to be playing 2 x per week for rhythm - although I accept mental/physical fatigue can be a factor.

It's a tough balance. Kostas was in pretty good form too and he'll have lost a lot of that momentum by not playing regularly now. I thought Robbo deserved a bit of time on the sidelines or could have been rotated a lot more than he has. The idea is to arrive at the latter half of the season with both of them in good form, good fitness. That could still happen I suppose, but we seem to have a knack of really using some players exclusively until they appear a bit jaded.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4711 on: November 3, 2021, 08:29:41 am »
I blame the sugar tax and all the sweetener shite they put in Irn Bru these days.

Need to find him a case of the real stuff long since hidden away in some warehouse, best before date irrelevant.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4712 on: November 3, 2021, 11:26:38 am »

I think it's a bit of both, but imo ppl overlook or dismiss the mental aspect way too easily.  Playing at elite levels requires total concentration and alertness, plus game prep that involves studying oppo strengths and weaknesses in diagrams and videos from the coaches.

Week in  week out that takes its toll and is the reason (I think) why some games Player A is sparkling while his mate Player B looks like he's suddenly  forgotten how the game works.

Physcal readiness / freshness is measured and tracked in minute detail and can be assessed easily by the staff.  Mental readiness / freshness can't.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4713 on: November 3, 2021, 11:42:44 am »
Scotland’s final game at the Euros was on 22nd June and Robbo returned for pre-season training on 23rd July. That’s 4 and a half weeks off. I’m not sure that he’s still tired from last season. Physically damaged because of how much he has been used over the last 4 years and because has played through injury? Maybe. But part of it is the fact that he somehow managed to play at 99% of his potential for so long that people expect more from him than is reasonable. I think he’s generally been OK when he’s played this year but I’m sure he’ll hit another gear or two on the attacking aspect at some point.

Online royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4714 on: November 3, 2021, 12:43:07 pm »
Reckon he’ll be chomping at the bit to get torn into Suarez tonight mind.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4715 on: November 3, 2021, 12:56:29 pm »
Reckon he’ll be chomping at the bit to get torn into Suarez tonight mind.

I feel like that usually the other way around with Suarez.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4716 on: November 7, 2021, 06:31:41 pm »
How many bad games would he need to have to be dropped? This has been going on for 10 months now... not good enough.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #4717 on: November 7, 2021, 06:32:58 pm »
How many bad games would he need to have to be dropped? This has been going on for 10 months now... not good enough.
Wow. This is your first thought after that game?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #4718 on: November 7, 2021, 06:34:09 pm »
Wow. This is your first thought after that game?
I can understand him. Robbo got a lot chances on the left side to create atleast a few dangerous chances and bottled it. I think its time to rest him a bit and play Tsimikas.

Offline BTGH

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4719 on: November 7, 2021, 06:34:28 pm »
Really poor again with his crosses today. He had quite a few chances to put in decent crosses today and he fucked up most of them