Author Topic: A Level farce/General Education ranting  (Read 14128 times)

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
Re: A Level farce/General Education ranting
« Reply #160 on: August 15, 2020, 02:51:18 pm »
So has it been proven that a factor taken into account was the post code of the student? That doesn’t sit right with me. Has there been a justifiable explanation for it?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #161 on: August 15, 2020, 03:37:57 pm »
So has it been proven that a factor taken into account was the post code of the student? That doesn’t sit right with me. Has there been a justifiable explanation for it?
I don’t believe that was a factor as it is never considered in examinations
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #163 on: August 15, 2020, 04:18:10 pm »
https://twitter.com/queenofswords6/status/1294471488351985667?s=19

Every single private school grades increased. Of course they did.

The only good Tory is a dead Tory. Fucking c*nts.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #164 on: August 15, 2020, 04:22:47 pm »

Tweet isn’t loading for me, but didn’t pretty much most schools go up in general?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #165 on: August 15, 2020, 04:42:39 pm »

What she actually says is;

"If anyone doubts who the winners are this year, here's a random selection of independent schools and the % of A*-A grades this year.

2019 figures follow in brackets.

Mayfield Girls' 66% (55%)
Sherfield School 70% (37%)
Leweston School 51% (37%)"

Having said that those increases are ridiculous.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: August 15, 2020, 05:10:04 pm »
Fucking hell...

The appeals on mocks is a free for all

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/appeals-based-on-mock-exams

You could literally get away with just totally lying about  mock grades.

They may have just allowed the centre assessed grades like Scotland. It would have saved everyone a huge amount of work.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: August 15, 2020, 05:11:25 pm »
What she actually says is;

"If anyone doubts who the winners are this year, here's a random selection of independent schools and the % of A*-A grades this year.

2019 figures follow in brackets.

Mayfield Girls' 66% (55%)
Sherfield School 70% (37%)
Leweston School 51% (37%)"

Having said that those increases are ridiculous.
She only cites a sample of 7 schools to be fair.

A level results can be quite volatile, but these do seem quite large.
W

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #168 on: August 15, 2020, 05:16:38 pm »
She only cites a sample of 7 schools to be fair.

A level results can be quite volatile, but these do seem quite large.
She claims them to be representative sample of those schools where she could locate date for this and last year (for comparison). She probably should not have described them as a 'random sample'.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: August 15, 2020, 07:13:13 pm »
Fucking hell...

The appeals on mocks is a free for all

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/appeals-based-on-mock-exams

You could literally get away with just totally lying about  mock grades.

They may have just allowed the centre assessed grades like Scotland. It would have saved everyone a huge amount of work.

Honestly think you're going to end up there eventually.....

It took a week in Scotland.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: August 15, 2020, 07:55:41 pm »
Honestly think you're going to end up there eventually.....

It took a week in Scotland.
Oh no, this is worse than Scotland.

It’s basically giving the majority of the centre assessed grades, allowing total corruption of the system whilst ge rating enormous workload for schools that are desperately planning to reopen.

W

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: August 15, 2020, 09:01:23 pm »
It was always going to be worse than Scotland with our government.

Everything will be the worst you could ever imagine.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: August 15, 2020, 09:10:47 pm »
I honestly don't know which is worse. I just think the political pressure is inevitably going to end up with England in the same place as Scotland.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #173 on: August 15, 2020, 11:38:36 pm »
Sounds like its all in hand

Richard Adams
@RichardA
Wow - Ofqual has just REMOVED its new appeals policy and put out this statement:

“Earlier today we published information about mock exam results in appeals. This policy is being reviewed by the Ofqual Board and further information will be published in due course.”

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: August 16, 2020, 12:04:39 am »
I might cry...

This is mind boggling incompetence.

I’ve spent half the day writing policy and sorting out processes for this.

I suspect the problem is this. The feckless c*nt of an education secretary promised you could have your awarded grade, mock grade or an autumn exam.  Whichever was higher.

The Ofqual guidance said that you couldn’t be awarded a grade higher than your centre assessed grade.

It’s beyond even being funny now.
W

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #175 on: August 16, 2020, 12:05:20 am »
... I just think the political pressure is inevitably going to end up with England in the same place as Scotland.

I think you could well be right there.

Certainly the uproar amongst the more noisy, and amongst many of them by the sounds of some of the radio phone in conversations I've heard over today, the likely self entitled, that their Oliver or Petronella has failed to be awarded the grades to get into Oxbridge, seems to be increasing to the extent that something's probably going to have to give.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: August 16, 2020, 12:12:59 am »
I think you could well be right there.

Certainly the uproar amongst the more noisy, and amongst many of them by the sounds of some of the radio phone in conversations I've heard over today, the likely self entitled, that their Oliver or Petronella has failed to be awarded the grades to get into Oxbridge, seems to be increasing to the extent that something's probably going to have to give.

Something did give.

They announced it at lunch time.

Now they’ve withdrawn it.
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: August 16, 2020, 12:19:24 am »
I mean, it’s like they’ve put Barry Fry in charge of it...
W

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #178 on: August 16, 2020, 12:24:51 am »
Something did give.

They announced it at lunch time.

Now they’ve withdrawn it.

They'll cave, it's likely their core voters and relatives who are most effected.

But it's all becoming a bit of a shambles now, no matter what.

I feel desperately sorry for the kids and the teachers involved, it must be driving them all to despair.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #180 on: August 16, 2020, 09:58:03 am »
I mean, it’s like they’ve put Barry Fry in charge of it...

Did you catch the BBC Teatime news  last night.
Throw away line from the reporter
The govt have said they will pay for successful appeals.
Don’t they do this anyway?
Sounds like they have rowed back from funding all appeals.
Williamson really is a disaster.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #181 on: August 16, 2020, 10:02:12 am »
Yet another thing this Govt. is making an absolute shit show of.

They had time after the Scottish results to get their house in order, instead they let things happen with no clear guidance put in place then when they did get around to putting some out they quickly decided they fucked up that too.

Shambles.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: August 16, 2020, 10:02:27 am »
Did you catch the BBC Teatime news  last night.
Throw away line from the reporter
The govt have said they will pay for successful appeals.
Don’t they do this anyway?
Sounds like they have rowed back from funding all appeals.
Williamson really is a disaster.
They were charging for appeals .  They are still going to charge kids for sitting the autumn examinations
W

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #183 on: August 16, 2020, 02:05:39 pm »
They were charging for appeals .  They are still going to charge kids for sitting the autumn examinations

I’m sure that in the initial stages of this cock up, they said they would cover the cost of appeals. I presumed it was all appeals as successful ones have always been covered.
Seems like they are still digging the hole though.
They really are not fit for purpose as lollipop men let alone schools ministers 
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: August 16, 2020, 04:31:40 pm »
My daughter got fucked over by them downgrading her grades, and even though Wales backtracked and changed their minds last minute to give her the grades she needed and deserved,  the University of Liverpool didn't know this and wouldn't believe her unless she had the evidence on paper, which obviously no one had on thursday as it was a last minute change. Besides all the places had been filled by those who didn't get downgraded, some with worse grades than her. Even her back up course who had places on Thursday morning wouldn't believe her without the paperwork so they gave the places out to others who applied after her. She did actually get accepted for her first choice in Salford with the downgrades but she's not interested in going to manc land (good girl [emoji6]) so she's had to go for 2 options of total different courses, one in Edge Hill and one in Chester. They've had months to come up with a fair system and this is what they end up with, total fuck up of a situation [emoji35]

Got the pleasure of going through the GCSE version this Thursday with my other daughter. Can't fucking wait [emoji849]

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: August 16, 2020, 04:37:15 pm »
Good luck...

I have literally no idea what’s going on....

I’m trying it sort this mess out for the poor kids at my school...  how can I?
W

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: August 16, 2020, 04:48:42 pm »
Good luck...

I have literally no idea what’s going on....

I’m trying it sort this mess out for the poor kids at my school...  how can I?
Cheers Tepid.

A fair few teachers in the school were crying on Thursday, just so frustrating for all involved bar the c*nts at the top who came up with this shit storm of a idea. I mean where was the harm in just giving all the kids their predicted grades this year as it was the only fair solution imo. A lot of kids were already losing out as re-sits (where my daughter was well on courses to go up a grade in the one she was doing) weren't getting taken into a account either, so they were already at a disadvantage.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: August 16, 2020, 05:05:12 pm »
I’m sure that in the initial stages of this cock up, they said they would cover the cost of appeals. I presumed it was all appeals as successful ones have always been covered.
Seems like they are still digging the hole though.
They really are not fit for purpose as lollipop men let alone schools ministers

Would you trust them to cross your children across the road?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: August 16, 2020, 05:08:50 pm »
Yet another thing this Govt. is making an absolute shit show of.

They had time after the Scottish results to get their house in order, instead they let things happen with no clear guidance put in place then when they did get around to putting some out they quickly decided they fucked up that too.

Shambles.

Never mind since the Scottish cock up they've had months to sort this out. They knew from the moment schools went into lockdown that exams were unlikely if not impossible so they should have been considering what options were available and getting agreement with schools and exam boards. Seems sensible to me.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #189 on: August 16, 2020, 06:28:17 pm »
....they've had months to sort this out. They knew from the moment schools went into lockdown that exams were unlikely if not impossible so they should have been considering what options were available and getting agreement with schools and exam boards. Seems sensible to me.

Nothing should surprise us with this shower of waffle merchants, chancers and incompetents in charge.

All they have ever done is react to events, mostly firefighting, rather than have any real well thought out and costed plan for anything coming down the track in the future.

I actually think it's all gone well beyond their control and they are now just winging it all.

And if we think this A level saga is a shambles, just wait until we finally withdraw from Europe and the aftermath of that.

The really frightening thing is Cummings being let off the leash to do his own thing and implement his ideas of disruption politics and drive policies and with seemingly little control or ministerial oversight whatsoever.

It's really all looking very Trumpian.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #190 on: August 16, 2020, 06:36:50 pm »
Would you trust them to cross your children across the road?

I was brought up to believe you never trust a Tory.

Nothing in my life has ever come close to challenging that belief.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: August 16, 2020, 06:41:09 pm »
Nothing should surprise us with this shower of waffle merchants, chancers and incompetents in charge.

All they have ever done is react to events, mostly firefighting, rather than have any real well thought out and costed plan for anything coming down the track in the future.

I actually think it's all gone well beyond their control and they are now just winging it all.

And if we think this A level saga is a shambles, just wait until we finally withdraw from Europe and the aftermath of that.

The really frightening thing is Cummings being let off the leash to do his own thing and implement his ideas of disruption politics and drive policies and with seemingly little control or ministerial oversight whatsoever.

It's really all looking very Trumpian.

Wasn't that Hitler's modus operandi, having different sections in each Department of state vying against each other on the principle that if they were fighting each other they wouldn't be undermining him?

Or the LBJ principle of having your enemy in the tent pissing out etc.?

Or the philosophy of fuckwittery and incompetence that's there for all to see? ;D

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #192 on: August 16, 2020, 06:41:39 pm »
Apparently the Tory in charge of the Education Select committee is blaming OfQUAL for this clusterfuck. What was his committee doing to oversee the plan that should have been in place in the wake of the decision to cancel the exams.
They are as guilty as Williamson, Johnson and Cummings, of ineptitude and crass negligence.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: August 16, 2020, 06:45:42 pm »
Apparently the Tory in charge of the Education Select committee is blaming OfQUAL for this clusterfuck. What was his committee doing to oversee the plan that should have been in place in the wake of the decision to cancel the exams.
They are as guilty as Williamson, Johnson and Cummings, of ineptitude and crass negligence.
hmmm or was it the Secretary of State who made this up on Tuesday and gave no one time to plan properly....
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: August 16, 2020, 10:28:43 pm »
Oh Jesus titty fucking. Christ...

They’re talking about delaying GCSE results.

Folks you have no idea the carnage that would cause to entry to sixth forms.....  utter carnage...

FFS

c*nts

What the fuck is going on.
W

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: August 16, 2020, 10:33:24 pm »

Folks you have no idea the carnage that would cause to entry to sixth forms.....  utter carnage...

FFS

c*nts

Again they've had months to plan for this annual event.

You cannot quantify the level of incompetence shown. Out of interest how are other European countries dealing with their exam regimes?

Offline Shady Craig

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: August 17, 2020, 12:09:19 am »

FFS

c*nts

It just gets worse and worse ffs [emoji3525]

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #197 on: August 17, 2020, 12:52:25 am »
...Out of interest how are other European countries dealing with their exam regimes?

What do we care for what Johnny Foreigner over the channel is doing, we voted for Brexit and the freeedom from the shackles of Brussels in order to do just what we want and without having to concern ourselves about what that lot over there are doing...

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #198 on: August 17, 2020, 07:47:43 am »
Sky news ticker reports NI has done a Scotland, ie rowed back and confirmed it will revert to teacher predicted grades as opposed to the algorithm outcome.

Edit: refers to GCSE so unsure on the a-level position.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 07:51:33 am by TSC »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: August 17, 2020, 09:05:46 am »
What do we care for what Johnny Foreigner over the channel is doing, we voted for Brexit and the freeedom from the shackles of Brussels in order to do just what we want and without having to concern ourselves about what that lot over there are doing...

True but we're quick to attempt to imitate Germany's Koch Institute (warning: racial stereotyping about to follow) which is no doubt lead by a firm jawed Prussian Herr Doctor Doctor Professor von Helsing whilst our Dad's Army version wil be lead by the wife of a Tory MP named after a disastrous Carthaginian queen.