Author Topic: The BBC  (Read 128681 times)

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
Re: The BBC
« Reply #320 on: March 10, 2020, 10:04:23 am »
I see the BBC invited Nigel Frottage onto Newsnight to talk about Coronavirus last night...
That's genuinely round the bend. A self appointed dickhead gets to speak on a subject he has no expert knowledge of, on a national broadcaster and on one of their flagship news programs. Just stick the whole fucking rotten thing in the bin!

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #321 on: March 10, 2020, 11:09:19 am »
That's genuinely round the bend. A self appointed dickhead gets to speak on a subject he has no expert knowledge of, on a national broadcaster and on one of their flagship news programs. Just stick the whole fucking rotten thing in the bin!

Someone at the BBC fucking should be after that decision.
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: March 10, 2020, 03:30:06 pm »
I see the BBC invited Nigel Frottage onto Newsnight to talk about Coronavirus last night...

I'm guessing he blamed it on the European Union.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: March 10, 2020, 07:54:43 pm »

Where do you start with that?????

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #324 on: March 10, 2020, 07:56:17 pm »
Where do you start with that?????

The Coronavirus requested 14 days of self isolation after meeting him.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: March 10, 2020, 08:22:13 pm »
The Coronavirus requested 14 days of self isolation after meeting him.

;D

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #326 on: March 13, 2020, 10:51:42 am »
at first i was thinking yes but then i was reminded about the amount of sponsorship they provide for the arts and culture in the UK so i am now  thinking keep it, it is good value away from the news and politics bias
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #327 on: March 14, 2020, 12:36:08 am »
Anyone know what advice about Coronavirus has appeared on Netflix? 
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: March 14, 2020, 10:17:54 am »

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: March 14, 2020, 11:13:50 am »
https://www.radiotimes.com/news/on-demand/2020-03-12/pandemic-netflix-how-to-prevent-an-outbreak/

Is coronavirus even mentioned or is it all at the level of generality the blurb suggests it is?

It would take several pages of RAWK to show the amount of expertise and interrogation that the BBC has made available in the last few days. Along with its sister-organisation the NHS, the BBC is in the front line on educating the public right now. Both institutions of course are jewels of social democracy. Kill them at your peril.

"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: March 14, 2020, 01:12:23 pm »
Is coronavirus even mentioned or is it all at the level of generality the blurb suggests it is?

It would take several pages of RAWK to show the amount of expertise and interrogation that the BBC has made available in the last few days. Along with its sister-organisation the NHS, the BBC is in the front line on educating the public right now. Both institutions of course are jewels of social democracy. Kill them at your peril.

I made a not entirely serious answer to what was obviously a bad question. I don't think anyone ever has suggested that Netflix would be a replacement for the BBC's news coverage. There are other services that could do that.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: March 14, 2020, 01:34:27 pm »
Got a new one this morning, 10 years and they have picked today to send out loads if you look up the numbers.

Can't get a picture to upload.

Small, A6 size, looks hand written, BY Hand, Read Information Inside, Please Contact us ASAP.

I honestly thought it was the NHS - i honestly wondered who I might have been in contact with.

But check the number, 0300 790 6015, check the return address Darlington DL98 1AT. It's the fucking BBC.
Timing these sweetly, the fucking immoral lowlifes.

After this, I will do everything I can to see the BBC rightfully rot.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: March 14, 2020, 04:45:10 pm »
Got a new one this morning, 10 years and they have picked today to send out loads if you look up the numbers.

Small, A6 size, looks hand written, BY Hand, Read Information Inside, Please Contact us ASAP.

I honestly thought it was the NHS - i honestly wondered who I might have been in contact with.

But check the number, 0300 790 6015, check the return address Darlington DL98 1AT. It's the fucking BBC.

But do you have a licence?
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: March 14, 2020, 05:49:50 pm »

You are precious.

But this is what the BBC is up against (and the NHS and any other publicly funded body). Me, me, me.

Thatcherism's true victory - the hollowing out of public space.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: March 14, 2020, 10:42:14 pm »
This one will definitely not make the mainstream news

Genesis Breyer P-Orridge was an English singer-songwriter, musician, poet, performance artist, and occultist. P-Orridge rose to notability as the founder of the COUM Transmissions artistic collective and lead vocalist of seminal industrial band, Throbbing Gristle.

https://twitter.com/theQuietus/status/1238934451931041797?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: March 15, 2020, 11:57:15 am »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274

Click the link and put in your postcode to see how many cases in your area.

Wonder if Netflix or Amazon are helping out with this kind of stuff?
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: March 15, 2020, 08:00:25 pm »
Wonder if Netflix or Amazon are helping out with this kind of stuff?

Netflix have Pandemic in their list of films to watch

Offline FaitAccompli

• Kopite
« Reply #337 on: March 15, 2020, 09:01:04 pm »
This one will definitely not make the mainstream news

Genesis Breyer P-Orridge was an English singer-songwriter, musician, poet, performance artist, and occultist. P-Orridge rose to notability as the founder of the COUM Transmissions artistic collective and lead vocalist of seminal industrial band, Throbbing Gristle.

https://twitter.com/theQuietus/status/1238934451931041797?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Really good bit in the Guardian by Alexis Petridis today, have you read it?

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/mar/15/genesis-p-orridge-troubling-catalyst-who-loathed-rock-yet-changed-it-for-ever

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #338 on: March 15, 2020, 09:21:56 pm »

Loads of what ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: March 15, 2020, 10:39:17 pm »
Netflix have Pandemic in their list of films to watch

In other words, no.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #340 on: March 18, 2020, 05:06:00 pm »
The BBC has got an awful lot wrong in the last few years but it's still a national treasure and we'll miss it greatly when it's gone. Hopefully current events will make a few more people appreciate it but I doubt it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2020/bbc-keeping-nation-informed-educated-entertained
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: March 18, 2020, 06:34:25 pm »
The BBC has got an awful lot wrong in the last few years but it's still a national treasure and we'll miss it greatly when it's gone. Hopefully current events will make a few more people appreciate it but I doubt it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2020/bbc-keeping-nation-informed-educated-entertained

I think a number of things might change (or revert) after this is all over. Respect for central government, for science and for the NHS (already very high) will likely increase. Populists of every stripe will suffer, as will blowhards and conspiracy nuts on social media. Already, we know that France had its highest ever TV audience to hear Macron explain the measures his government was taking against coronavirus. French citizens wanted reliable information and most trust their government to give it, and to do its best.

The same vibe will enhance the feeling that we need the BBC, over here. We're in a crisis and profit-making organisations (often requiring advertising revenue) aren't the best equipped to deal with the consequences.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #342 on: March 27, 2020, 09:54:09 pm »
Loads of what ?
I'm glad I'm not the only one wondering.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #343 on: April 2, 2020, 01:30:26 am »
Adam Schlesinger from the band Fountains of Wayne has died at 52 from the coronavirus.

Stacy's Mom was a classic for me growing up, really puts me back to a certain time and place.

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #344 on: April 2, 2020, 01:45:19 am »
Very sad, he was a brilliant pop song writer. He did a lot of song writing for TV & Film he wrote the That thing you do song from the film, another pop gem. Terrible news.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: April 2, 2020, 02:12:52 am »
Was just about to post in here, terrible news. Schlesinger was best known for Fountains of Wayne, who of couse got big with Stacy's Mom, though I was always much more partial to their first album, the one with Radiation Vibe (#32 with a bullet):

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rmqswLKKYyU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rmqswLKKYyU</a>

He also produced a bunch of stuff, including one of my favourite pop albums of the last five years - the first Fever High album - and wrote and co-wrote some terrific pop songs in other media, notably for the Josie and the Pussycats movie, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and the second best award show opening ever:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3BHyfYiBt5o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3BHyfYiBt5o</a>

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #346 on: April 2, 2020, 05:14:37 am »
Ellis Marsalis Jr., jazz pianist, teacher and patriarch of a New Orleans musical clan that includes famed performer sons Wynton and Branford, has died after battling pneumonia brought by the new coronavirus, one of his sons said late Wednesday.

He was 85.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #347 on: April 3, 2020, 03:15:02 pm »
Ellis Marsalis Jr., jazz pianist, teacher and patriarch of a New Orleans musical clan that includes famed performer sons Wynton and Branford, has died after battling pneumonia brought by the new coronavirus, one of his sons said late Wednesday.

He was 85.
Just in the jazz world, we lost Wallace Roney, Manu Dibango, Mike Longo, Bucky Pizzarelli and the family have chosen not to disclose the status of McCoy Tyner in relation to the bastard virus, but he died in March, so another possible.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: April 3, 2020, 03:29:22 pm »
Bill Withers has passed away aged 81.  One of my Mother's favourite artists, his songs were always playing in our house growing up.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: April 3, 2020, 03:29:51 pm »
Bill Withers has passed away aged 81.  One of my Mother's favourite artists, his songs were always playing in our house growing up.

:-\ Love Bill Withers
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: April 3, 2020, 03:34:29 pm »
Just send this [emoji26]

One from my teenage years but also my clubbing days with some fantastic dance remixes of his classics.

Lovely Day springs to mind.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #351 on: April 3, 2020, 04:55:55 pm »
Bill Withers Live at the BBC 1973.   He was just a perfect vocalist.  You won't spend a better 30 minutes today.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/DP_40ZdEKlM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/DP_40ZdEKlM</a>
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #352 on: April 3, 2020, 05:04:16 pm »
He was so good man. Wish he had created more music but can understand why he quit

RIP Bill
YNWA

Offline howes hound

• Legacy Fan
  • underdearm
« Reply #353 on: April 4, 2020, 08:57:03 pm »
Not a huge output, but of very high quality. Live at Carnegie Hall is a great album, for the spiel as much as the music. One of those artists whose music is a kind of soundtrack to your life, if you're of a certain age. Mind you, I just mentioned his death to my son and found he's been a huge fan since early school days. Timeless songs, and a fine person.
Also, inspiration for one of the classic corny jokes of all time.
"Ders fuck'n arms goin in, ders fuck'n legs goin in, ders de 'ole fuck'n yuman fuck'n body goin in."  - expression of admiration from kopite behind me, Leeds v. L'pool, late '60s.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: April 9, 2020, 11:25:25 am »
BBC World Service is excellent. Some of the reporting of UK and Global issues have been fantastic.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: April 18, 2020, 10:41:57 pm »
BBC World Service is excellent. Some of the reporting of UK and Global issues have been fantastic.

Channel4News (https://www.channel4.com/news/) are also very good , award winning investigative journalism . No license fee money for them.

So what ?

« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 10:48:09 pm by rebel23 »

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: April 21, 2020, 07:50:01 am »
Yes, even more s

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #357 on: April 21, 2020, 08:34:38 am »
The only people (not on about Rawk here) I see the BBC getting stick from seem to be Tories getting precious about BBC journalists asking difficult questions at the daily briefing. I think they see it as some kind of affront to their own decision making ability (voting Tory). Anyone else in power and they’d be cheering them on. I guess it’s the same for all of us to some hopefully lesser extent, but I do fear for the BBC whilst this lot are in power. The last thing they want is impartial, well trained, fact-based, investigative journalists looking at every aspect of the way they govern.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 08:36:13 am by Red_Mist »

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: May 9, 2020, 03:25:32 pm »
RIP Little Richard.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #359 on: May 9, 2020, 03:28:08 pm »
Without him....

No rock and roll as we know it. No Bowie, Prince, the Beatles, Queen.....

He broke racial barriers, stylistic barriers, he created an era

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W