The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

Nico sharpening up....

(1/7) > >>

hoonin:
2 crucial goals in 2 PL games for Anelka now.

For a player who is getting limited chances so far he is making a good case for himself. I hope he is happy to play second fiddle to Owen and Heskey for the remainder of the season as thats the way i think it will go. Having said that, his attitude so far seems to be spot on. It must be hard for a player hoping to make the World Cup to sit patiently for his chances.

I've been very impressed with what i have seen of him, he seems determined to prove a few people wrong (which he shouldn't need to to!) and looks well suited to our game. He's quick, skillful, has a good touch and can finish..... and just as important he looks like he's up for it in a red shirt (remember the little set-too he had with Weir last week!).

I hope we take the option to sign him. Theres not many young talented forwards available at the moment, but we have first takes on one of the best.

What does everyone else think. Is it too early for us to commit to him? Based on what you've seen does he fit in?

[ Goal Litmanen!!!! :) ]

mark s:
i agree he is starting to look good and hopefully we do sign him on a permanent basis next season

Curly Tom:
I heard he was going to arsenal! ;)

KFC:
Noway jose baby...... Nico is ours.

BTW I heard O'Leary is looking at offloading some of his players and Kewell is included -- it would be nice if we could give him the No.7 shirt that he adores for so long.

You asked me how about Vladi??  Well I think we have given him enough chances and he can really complain for losing his place -- I am actually glad Barmby has come on.

hoonin:
Believe me, if O'Dreary is forced to sell players at the end of the year, Kewell will not be coming to us. I dont think they'll sell him unless they get an un-refusable offer, something stupid like 25-30 mill - which is out of our league (thankfully! Ged could get 2 or 3 players for that).

Curly, stop reading the Sunday Mirror, full of bollocks ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version