The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

Liverpool, Zeiger and middlesbrough

(1/4) > >>

Denzil:
Liverpool have today been fined £20,000 for illegally approaching zeiger when he was a middlesbrough player, they are now going to take the matter further and are looking for a further 2.5 million pound as compensation.

Lets hope we stuff them on sat!

Anthony:
Should make it extra interesting on Saturday...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport/hi/english/football/eng_prem/newsid_1872000/1872311.stm

--- Quote ---Liverpool have been fined £20,000 by a Premier League commission after being found guilty of making an illegal approach for Christian Ziege when he was at Middlesbrough.

Boro now plan go to the High Court to seek compensation from Liverpool for poaching the German international.

"We're delighted with the outcome and it's only what we expected," Middlesbrough chairman Steve Gibson told The Times newspaper.

"We're now looking to take this matter further."

The defender, who was fined £10,000 for his part in the transfer, left Teesside for Anfield two years ago.

Liverpool made a £5.5m bid which exactly matched a get-out clause in Ziege's contract.

Middlesbrough insist they received offers in excess of £8m for Ziege, who is now with Tottenham Hotspur, and had been seeking more than £2.5m in compensation.

--- End quote ---

My view? Well I don't think anybody's really going to know what actually happened but I do think that if this had been the Mancs, Arsenal or Leeds we'd be effing them from a great height now...

redtel:
Yeah , they claim that he was worth £8 million so want the difference from the £5.5 we paid. This amount was in his contract as a get out clause which Middbro' now want to ignore.

Also, Zeige got fined £10,000,which probably wont bother him too much on his wages!

No doubt Ince will be putting himself about on Sat. but I fancy us for 3 points.

Denzil:
lets kick em all of the park!
then beat them in the court room  ;)

RP4Ireland:
Any news on Emile or Mikey's fitness for Saturday?? ??? ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version