Author Topic: PL: Man United 0 v Liverpool 5; HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAPON  (Read 74007 times)

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Man United 0 v Liverpool 5; HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAPON
« Reply #1240 on: October 27, 2021, 08:27:19 am »
I keep thinking about some of the "Liverpool didn't play that well" shouts and I'm a little uncertain. Taking the chances so calmly is playing football absolutely brilliant.

In the 2-0 in the title season, I'd say we played 70 minutes of the most frighteningly intense football we put in that entire season — literally the best team in the world playing at maximum, in particular that patch after half time, 45-60 — but due to refs calls and tight offsides, we were still 1-0 when that coward Martial blazed over, and only sealed it injury time.

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #1241 on: October 27, 2021, 08:29:01 am »
Feel free to slaughter this:

Salah la la
Salah la la
Salah  la la
Salah

Looking like we're levels above
It's like a story to love
Can you hear me?
Played on an October day
Moving further away
Won't you believe me?
All I needed was the five you gave
Sacred memories for another day
Ole's  got no clue
United screwed

Sometimes when I think of that game
Fergie shaking his head
Kenny smiling
Football being played our way
Getting harder to stay
In the home end
All I needed for another day
Ole's got no clue
United screwed
All I needed for another day
Ole's got no clue
United screwed
This is gonna last a long time
And I know that's fine
Could have scored more
Pogba sent to the stand
With the wave of a hand
Tackle so poor
Precious memory for another day
Ole's got no clue
We all knew

Is that to the theme tune from Banana Splits?
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1242 on: October 27, 2021, 08:32:06 am »
Funny how the mancs best chance was to get so many sent off the game gets abandoned. I thought the game in that situation was postponed not that the team with the red cards gets a 0-3 loss. why did Barnsley try to get the game abandoned all those years ago when the game was fairly close if they would have lost anyway, or have the rules changed?

I think the FA rule based on the context of the match as to what happens in the event of abandonment, the only time it has happened at a high level to my knowledge is Sheffield United v West Brom when the latter were 3-0 up at the point of abandonment - the FA ruled that the 3-0 should stand.

That said it’s the Mancs so they’d probably have been awarded the win.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #1243 on: October 27, 2021, 08:42:09 am »
Haven't had a chance to post for a couple of days, but wow.......  :o

I said to one of the youngsters on my team in work, this was a seismic result that goes all the way back to that Cantona 2-2 and the years of them having us off each fixture.

Quick note, I had to go into Longsight on Monday and wondered what the reaction would be if they heard my accent. Ended up speaking to to Manc builders who were actually sound lads. Had a quick chat about the game, they wanted him out and reckon most of the fans want him out, 'legend as a player but not cutting it as the manager' was the view.

"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1244 on: October 27, 2021, 08:51:18 am »
I hadn't noticed just how bad the lunge at Curtis was, as they were mostly going on about the Ronaldo kick mainly.

Me neither. You watch it back and think 'ooooof, that was almost another Curtis Jones injury there'.

Some of their players lost their heads, others were about 3 seconds behind; that's an eternity in top flight football.

Online NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #1245 on: October 27, 2021, 09:05:10 am »
Is there anyone predicting that United is going to struggle against Spurs in three days more?

I hope they won't bounce back. I know that Spurs' GD is "-4" in the league (quite bad, I know) but they are no mug.

Son Heung-Min, Hojbjerg and Ndombele are going to have a field day against these leg breakers.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1246 on: October 27, 2021, 09:06:59 am »
Is there anyone predicting that United is going to struggle against Spurs in three days more?

I hope they won't bounce back. I know that Spurs' GD is "-4" in the league (quite bad, I know) but they are no mug.

Son Heung-Min, Hojbjerg and Ndombele are going to have a field day against these leg breakers.

I don't think they do bounce back, but I kind of hope they do.

I suppose the bell has tolled for Ole over there, but I hold out hope that he stays for 30 years.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1247 on: October 27, 2021, 09:23:08 am »
Can't believe I've just read that Bruno Fernandes (p) was only booked for dissent, not for that challenge.

Delighted to see the club briefing against Taylor (albeit anonymously) in the Athletic.
What was said mate?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1248 on: October 27, 2021, 09:36:25 am »
Potential reds:
1. Ronaldo repeatedly kicking Curtis in the nuts.
2. Fred kicking Keita in the head.
3. Bruno with an ankle snapper on Curtis.
4. Maguire DOGSO on Jota.
5. Pogba with a leg breaker on Keita.

Fred I can accept not being a red.

But the other four, including Pogba not getting one immediately, were scandalous.

Winning there 5-0 is incredible enough. But when you consider we missed some good chances, we completely eased off for a third of the game AND the referee was disgracefully biased towards them it really is something else. If the ref had done his job and we'd been more ravenous, we genuinely could have got double figures.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1249 on: October 27, 2021, 10:05:11 am »

But the other four, including Pogba not getting one immediately, were scandalous.

Winning there 5-0 is incredible enough. But when you consider we missed some good chances, we completely eased off for a third of the game AND the referee was disgracefully biased towards them it really is something else. If the ref had done his job and we'd been more ravenous, we genuinely could have got double figures.

Pogba's sending was ducked by Taylor but it's something we see more of these days wherr VAR is brought in to verify..fucking daft when it's so blatant.
Fred's could easily have been red, VAR must have checked that?
Slab should have been a straight red, Ronaldo was just a c*nt & knew it too.
The Fernandes one was the worst of those who escaped a red..the challenge itself went unpunished, bizarre how he only got cautioned for dissent..Curtiswas so lucky there, if his foot is planted on impact it's a millisecond away from a leg break it's that high.

https://youtube.com/shorts/2FmCzEP41R0?feature=share
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1250 on: October 27, 2021, 10:06:26 am »

Fred's could have been red (cf. Griezmann). The other 4 should have been red.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1251 on: October 27, 2021, 10:15:38 am »
Hard to find the word to expesss the loathing I feel for these three. At the best they must constitute serious foul play and at the worst violent conduct. The Fernandes challenge is every bit as bad as the Pogba one, and as for Ronaldo, he has clearly lost his rag for no reason other than having being beaten to the ball by a younger, quicker man.

Presumably the yellows can't be reviewed because they were 'seen' by the match officials.

As is usual with one of the manc refs they only outfouled us by 10 to 8 despite our 64% possession and the fact that we played in cruise control.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1252 on: October 27, 2021, 10:19:34 am »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1253 on: October 27, 2021, 10:23:35 am »
Can't believe I've just read that Bruno Fernandes (p) was only booked for dissent, not for that challenge.

Delighted to see the club briefing against Taylor (albeit anonymously) in the Athletic.
It's alway's hard to get any ground breaking change. Surely we can use this match(and the Chelsea game) to request that he doesn't referee us again. Even if they reduced the number of matches he referees us it would increase our average PPG over a number of seasons because he somehow manages to wangle it that he referees us more than any other team despite the animosity towards him and his Old Trafford ties.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1254 on: October 27, 2021, 10:24:53 am »
Not posted for ages but what a weekend for us as brilliant result where we were just clinical for 50 minutes and toyed with them at the end like a cat with a mouse that knew we could have totally screwed them over. Ole is a lucky man he did not witness a 9-0 thrashing as we could have and should have pinned him to the cross. Our lads are brimming with confidence and just a joy to watch with crowds back again Crazy thing is while we are banging in the goals our backline are not back to their best yet as still a little rusty due to the injuries from last season. Getting there and when we do it could be a special season
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1255 on: October 27, 2021, 10:25:01 am »
Never gonna tire of watching this. For the first time I'm watching the build up on Sky, and it's amazing how much they're focussing on how the side is weaker on our side of the equation. Workmanlike midfield, Konate in to deal with Rashford... Souness puts a more positive spin on it, but it's brilliant how much they bought into Man Utd having a shout.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1256 on: October 27, 2021, 10:26:06 am »
Hard to find the word to expesss the loathing I feel for these three. At the best they must constitute serious foul play and at the worst violent conduct. The Fernandes challenge is every bit as bad as the Pogba one, and as for Ronaldo, he has clearly lost his rag for no reason other than having being beaten to the ball by a younger, quicker man.

Presumably the yellows can't be reviewed because they were 'seen' by the match officials.

The linesman even flinches when he sees it.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1257 on: October 27, 2021, 10:26:52 am »

What were we saying mate? I've not got a subscription any more - this is good to hear!
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1258 on: October 27, 2021, 10:28:20 am »
The linesman even flinches when he sees it.

Keeps his flag down though, obviously.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Online NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #1259 on: October 27, 2021, 10:34:36 am »
What was said mate?
What were we saying mate? I've not got a subscription any more - this is good to hear!
+ It has now been reported by The Athletic that "sources close to" Jurgen Klopp believe pity was shown to the ten-men, on a day where Liverpool put five goals past them.

+ The "source" described, via TEAMtalk, that there were calls for Fred to be dismissed with his Antoine Griezmann style kick to Naby Keita's face, which raised concerns over a lack of consistency.

+ Questions were also asked regarding Cristiano Ronaldo's kick and Bruno Fernandes high-tackle which were both executed on Curtis Jones.

+ Finally; the tackle from Harry Maguire on Diogo Jota as he entered the United area and denied what appeared to be a goal scoring opportunity, was scrutinised.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 10:37:10 am by NarutoReds »
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1260 on: October 27, 2021, 10:39:48 am »
Potential reds:
1. Ronaldo repeatedly kicking Curtis in the nuts.
2. Fred kicking Keita in the head.
3. Bruno with an ankle snapper on Curtis.
4. Maguire DOGSO on Jota.
5. Pogba with a leg breaker on Keita.

The one that has gone under the Radar is Maguire's challenge on Mo when Rashford bizarrely played him in one on one with De Gea. Maguire gets nowhere near the ball but completely takes Mo out after Mo shoots.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1261 on: October 27, 2021, 10:53:07 am »
Keeps his flag down though, obviously.

I don't think that's correct. I believe he switched it to his right had to signal the foul.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1262 on: October 27, 2021, 10:56:28 am »
The disrespect to pass it round at the back, 5-0 up against 10 at their gaff.

I hope that's the game that does them in, like it did Barca.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1263 on: October 27, 2021, 11:06:14 am »
+ It has now been reported by The Athletic that "sources close to" Jurgen Klopp believe pity was shown to the ten-men, on a day where Liverpool put five goals past them.

+ The "source" described, via TEAMtalk, that there were calls for Fred to be dismissed with his Antoine Griezmann style kick to Naby Keita's face, which raised concerns over a lack of consistency.

+ Questions were also asked regarding Cristiano Ronaldo's kick and Bruno Fernandes high-tackle which were both executed on Curtis Jones.

+ Finally; the tackle from Harry Maguire on Diogo Jota as he entered the United area and denied what appeared to be a goal scoring opportunity, was scrutinised.

Thanks for posting.
It's good to see that we are briefing and hopefully it's indicative of what we are doing behind the scenes. But I was hoping to see something along the lines of us openly questioning why a Manc from Wythenshawe can not only Ref our games, but ref so many of theirs too. Why whenever he refs (us especially) he overlooks what are clear reds, why there is always an mismatch between our possession stats and the number of fouls conceded. In other words look at the patterns of his decision making over several games rather than focusing on incidents in just one. But as I say, hopefully more is going on behind the scenes.

The kicker for me would be to ask PGMOL if a ref from Crosby from a family of reds would be allowed to ref Liverpool v United, even if he claimed to be a Marine fan; and if he was, would they expect any media comment? (Clue, I can think of one manc in the media that would never shut up about it, and he'd talk his sidekick into agreeing with him, and use that as his basis to lobby PGMOL)

The bottom line is even if the likes of Taylor are beyond reproach professionally, it is an invidious position to put them in in the first place and does not reflect well on the league.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 11:14:23 am by Charlie Adams fried egg »

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1264 on: October 27, 2021, 11:23:21 am »
But as I say, hopefully more is going on behind the scenes.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

He'll be on our City and Chelsea aways, I'd bet the house on it

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1265 on: October 27, 2021, 11:59:32 am »
As is usual with one of the manc refs they only outfouled us by 10 to 8 despite our 64% possession and the fact that we played in cruise control.
The thing about that Ronaldo takedown of Jones, is not just the fact he takes 3 swipes at him when he was down.. it's the fact he kicks him in the midriff, wrapping his feet around him while the ball's on the ground, he THEN trips him by forcing him down to the ground, over his upper leg as leverage, using his right hand to push him to the ground... and only then he starts the ground assault!

How that is not a red, is beyond me. But hey- he's Ronaldo and Taylor couldn't red-card his hero!
For me, the Fernandes tackle is a clear red. Dangerous play+a lunge at speed toward the ankle and not the ball+actually catching him on the ankle and missing the ball completely. And the c*nt linesman is just there, watching it all!
And I said as much on Sunday after the game:

Quote from: 1892tillforever on October 24, 2021, 07:11:54 pm
Pogba is a c*nt and so is Fernandes. His tackle on Curtis was a shocker.

Icouldn't believe my eyes. They played right into our hands 🤣🤣🤣

The fucking space they gave us of all teams. They're lucky it wasn't worse. We'll remember this for some time. The Gremlin is gone surely.
That was even more of a blatant red than Pogba's on Keita!

If that was Mascherano, he would've seen red even before he hit his target! I'm still fuming over that red. I don't think I'll ever get over it!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 12:19:01 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1266 on: October 27, 2021, 12:08:04 pm »
High time we started putting pressure on like that isn't it?

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1267 on: October 27, 2021, 12:11:47 pm »
People should start calling out their thuggery like they justifiably did to Burnley. There is no place for these tackles in modern football. I want to see the best years of Jones that is ahead of him, not see him retire before his career even began.

If they cannot play the game properly then go join a Sunday league.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1268 on: October 27, 2021, 12:12:46 pm »
The thing about that Ronaldo takedown of Jones, is not just the fact he takes 3 swipes at him when he was down.. it's the fact he kicks him in the midriff, wrapping his feet around him while the ball's on the ground, he THEN trips him by forcing him down to the ground with his right hand... and only then he starts the ground assault!

How that is not a red, is beyond me.

Reminiscent of Pepe versus Getafe.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1269 on: October 27, 2021, 12:15:48 pm »
Reminiscent of Pepe versus Getafe.
Yep, he's learned from his mate!
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1270 on: October 27, 2021, 12:20:32 pm »
People should start calling out their thuggery like they justifiably did to Burnley. There is no place for these tackles in modern football. I want to see the best years of Jones that is ahead of him, not see him retire before his career even began.

If they cannot play the game properly then go join a Sunday league.
I wonder why the club didn't officially launch a complaint about this and asked for an investigation into the decisions and the way the United players behaved. Until they get called on it, it won't stop.

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1271 on: October 27, 2021, 12:21:39 pm »
The thing about that Ronaldo takedown of Jones, is not just the fact he takes 3 swipes at him when he was down.. it's the fact he kicks him in the midriff, wrapping his feet around him while the ball's on the ground, he THEN trips him by forcing him down to the ground, over his upper leg as leverage, using his right hand to push him to the ground... and only then he starts the ground assault!

How that is not a red, is beyond me. But hey- he's Ronaldo and Taylor couldn't red-card his hero!
For me, the Fernandes tackle is a clear red. Dangerous play+a lunge at speed toward the ankle and not the ball+actually catching him on the ankle and missing the ball completely. And the c*nt linesman is just there, watching it all!
And I said as much on Sunday after the game:
That was even more of a blatant red than Pogba's on Keita!

If that was Mascherano, he would've seen red even before he hit his target! I'm still fuming over that red. I don't think I'll ever get over it!

You are not alone but it is all part of the Alice in Wonderland world we have always inhabited with the F.A, Premier League and manc ref association.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #1272 on: October 27, 2021, 12:27:07 pm »
That clip of Fred n Konate. It’s like a little dog trying to run away from his owner and then the owner just pulls him back ;D

Can’t stop laughing at it

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1273 on: October 27, 2021, 12:29:36 pm »
Yep, he's learned from his mate!

Sometimes youtube commentary is gold.

"Pepe forgot he wasnt playing gta"
"It's not a foul if he's still breathing"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1274 on: October 27, 2021, 12:31:46 pm »
That clip of Fred n Konate. It’s like a little dog trying to run away from his owner and then the owner just pulls him back ;D

Can’t stop laughing at it

the pictures are funnier still because they show Konate smiling/laughing when he sees it's Fred...like a foot shorter than him and probably 50 lbs less too.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #1275 on: October 27, 2021, 12:34:45 pm »
the pictures are funnier still because they show Konate smiling/laughing when he sees it's Fred...like a foot shorter than him and probably 50 lbs less too.
haha it’s just effortless for him eh? It’s like he’s slapping a balloon  ;D

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1276 on: October 27, 2021, 12:36:43 pm »
What was said mate?

from here for those with subs: https://theathletic.com/2906663/2021/10/26/we-were-expecting-a-tough-game-inside-liverpools-historic-win-over-manchester-united/

Quote from: The Athletic
As the Liverpool team bus made its way back to Merseyside, some of the conversations among the staff related to Taylor’s performance, who could have dismissed Ronaldo for violent conduct after kicking the ball at Jones who was laying on the floor after a tussle with the Portuguese. On colder reflection, it was concluded by figures at Liverpool that VAR had saved Ronaldo. Not so long ago, it was the sort of act that would have been seen by the referees’ assistant, resulting in the harshest reprimand. “It was a little bit naughty,” says a Liverpool source. “But when you look back on the cameras, I suppose you could say Ronaldo was entitled to go for it.”

Jones, who was also on the receiving end of what one source describes as a potentially “leg-breaking” tackle from Fernandes barely a minute into the second half, impressed Liverpool’s staff with his reaction to the altercation with Ronaldo. “When Curtis was younger, he might have lost his head but he stayed calm and left it to some of the other lads to sort out.”

Klopp ended up losing Keita to what could have been a serious injury after other indiscretions that were nearly just as bad by United players did not receive appropriate punishment. That included Maguire, who was not sent off despite being the last line of United’s defence when he sent Jota tumbling just outside of the 18-yard box with Liverpool already five-nil up.

Though he privately claims to be an Altrincham fan, wider questions have long been asked about Taylor’s appointment to games involving Manchester clubs given that he was born and grew up in Greater Manchester. Inside Liverpool, he is considered a competent referee but on this occasion, according to sources close to the Liverpool bench, there was a feeling that Taylor took pity on United.

"There could have been five red cards for United in total,” says another Liverpool source, who says Klopp also felt Taylor could have sent Fred off for a head-high challenge on Keita a few minutes before he was carried away from the pitch because of Pogba’s tackle. “(Antoine) Griezmann got a red card for doing the same thing on Bobby (Firmino) in the previous game. Where’s the consistency?”

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1277 on: October 27, 2021, 12:41:14 pm »
Fred's could have been red (cf. Griezmann). The other 4 should have been red.

Fred's is like Griezmann's but it's not Griezmann's.

The issue with Griezmann's is that you are punishing the consequence, not just the action itself. Fred didn't catch Naby in the head, I think he got him on the chest/shoulder and it was a glancing blow rather than a full force with studs. He's lucky because with a foot that high it's not really in control, so if he'd been at a slightly different angle it could've been much worse

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1278 on: October 27, 2021, 12:41:56 pm »
sitting eating my lunch watching this compilation of MUFC fan channels reacting to all the goals as they went in. delicious!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LnegMtgLUs&ab_channel=KayArmenTV
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1279 on: October 27, 2021, 12:43:12 pm »
from here for those with subs: https://theathletic.com/2906663/2021/10/26/we-were-expecting-a-tough-game-inside-liverpools-historic-win-over-manchester-united/
" Inside Liverpool, he is considered a competent referee" - I'm not sure who that insider is but I think even he is giving Taylor a giant hand up there considering his performances  in our games over the years.