The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

The Alternative Premier League Table 2021-22

<< < (69/71) > >>

markedasred:
Here we are in the week where the insight of the APLT has finished its work. Another great season of looking at the lines so once more massive thanks Prof and everyone who contributes to an always interesting thread.
Sunday's results will be whatever they are for a mix of reasons now.
Two pots in the bag and no early victory parade for the Oil cheats, a great season by any standards, with a little trip to Paris the following week. Up the Villa, and Up the Reds!.

CanuckYNWA:
Its actually nuts how much Chelsea dropped. Like that line is BAD. To go from predicted 90pts to 74 in half a season is insane

Could very well see Spurs overtaking Chelsea next season if Conte stays

Dr Stu-Pid:

--- Quote ---This is the 38 game current form for each team broken down into 5 game segments (with one 3 game segment at the top).  The closer to the bottom and the darker the colour the more recent (and so more relevant) the games are.

So we have 13 points from our last 5 games, 13 points from the 5 games before that, etc, etc
--- End quote ---

Dr Stu-Pid:
As the season is now over I also thought I'd share my own version of the APLT (or the AAPLT I guess...)

My version works differently to Prof's as it allows you to lose your 2 most difficult away games, draw your 3 most difficult home games, and draws in your next 6 most difficult away games.

By this measure we were never more than 1 point below our 90 point target line, which is why I was less worried than many when we slipped to -5 in the APLT.  The biggest gap to us and City was 7 points when they reached their max of +6 and we were -1.

As I said earlier in the season, I'm not claiming that this is a better measure than the actual APLT, I just thought I'd share this view as an alternate way of looking at what happened over the season.

Prof:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version