The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

Not quite so 'Super' League

<< < (2432/2455) > >>

Suareznumber7:
A European league, similar to CL that you have to qualify for, but not run by UEFA sounds like a great idea to me. 

RainbowFlick:
The problem is, anyone with sense knows that UEFA needs to go and the CL needs to be reformed, badly, but those same people also have the sense to realise Perez et al aren't doing it out of love for the game or to push for progressive change.

I also think it's pretty transparent that Real, Barca and Juve want to use this to dig themselves out of a hole. I actually think beyond the obvious want for a bigger slice of the pie that FSG actually thought this would be a way to level the playing field with some actually enforceable financial fair play rules.

BarryCrocker:
I do wish this would just fck off.

Hopefully, we're no where near this, and having the 'agreement' between FSG & SoS means fans would have to be sold on this.

We're in the running to win two of the biggest football competitions again this season. We've got one of the most storied histories in both. Leaving either or both is all about money and not about football. There are historical rivalries that would be broken just the rush for more funds.  We complain about the stupid money some players demand in the current competitions, that would probably skyrocket under such a scheme.

CraigDS:

--- Quote from: BarryCrocker on February 25, 2022, 11:35:59 pm ---I do wish this would just fck off.

Hopefully, we're no where near this, and having the 'agreement' between FSG & SoS means fans would have to be sold on this.

We're in the running to win two of the biggest football competitions again this season. We've got one of the most storied histories in both. Leaving either or both is all about money and not about football. There are historical rivalries that would be broken just the rush for more funds.  We complain about the stupid money some players demand in the current competitions, that would probably skyrocket under such a scheme.

--- End quote ---

Yet under UEFA and their toothless FFP fees and wages have been allowed to skyrocket without any control, in part because they are corrupt and allow despot lead countries to buy clubs to use as sportswashing machines with unlimited budgets.

vblfc:

--- Quote from: CraigDS on February 25, 2022, 11:50:02 pm ---Yet under UEFA and their toothless FFP fees and wages have been allowed to skyrocket without any control, in part because they are corrupt and allow despot lead countries to buy clubs to use as sportswashing machines with unlimited budgets.

--- End quote ---
We are at a point where we can see FFP has been totally undermined by money/power and “complemented” by what looks like deliberate turning a blind eye now by the controlling bodies. If an alternative has to be proposed (and I believe it does) it would feel much more credible if originated from what are maybe recognized as more self sustaining clubs such as Liverpool (I’m biased), Munchen, United, Ajax etc. The current cheerleaders (Real, Barca, Juve) look more fragile or desperate and stuck too long with their failed and now tarnished ESL bid. The whole approach needs a rethink and resold with robust and more inclusive ideas. I feel if a future model was open to anyone who could play within the rules rather than a mostly elite group, then it would get a broader support it needs. I hope a structure can be developed that firmly and fairly balances the financially overdosed side of the ownership model and is also clearly open or really as “fair” as can be robustly achieved.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version