The Liverpool FC Forum > Former LFC Players

Luis Suarez

<< < (956/976) > >>

bradders1011:

--- Quote from: Clayton Bigsby on May 18, 2022, 10:36:06 pm ---1 year on small wages he might be worth it for a team outside top 6 just for sub impact but really he should go to a place where he would be paid stupid money to not do much

--- End quote ---

Up front for Chelsea?

Jon2lfc:
He's obviously lost a lot of pace as he's got older. Would he still be able to cut it in the PL?
What sort of set up would play to his strengths?

I'm thinking maybe as a support striker to a younger, faster strike partner?
Or, as a no.10?

disgraced cake:
Think he'd still get a respectable tally pretty much everywhere he went. Really surprised how Simeone favoured the likes of Griezmann this season, who's been off the boil for about four years at this stage, of course other than that brace against us  ;D but to be honest I don't think he's scored many at all. It's pretty obvious to say but if Suarez had had more minutes he'd have scored more goals.

Don't think the Prem would be the right move for him now. Not that he can't cut it I just don't see which team he'd be best suited in. I think Italy would be a great option for him. He could still be massive for Inter, I think he'd possibly take them to a title the same way he did last season with Atletico. Would be very surprised if he went there and didn't score 15+ in Serie A.

Drinks Sangria:
Athletic sources reporting that he was told as early as November last year he was in his last season at Atleti.

Rumours that the coaches think his physical decline over the last 6 months has been massive and he just can’t move at the speed needed anymore. I mean, he’s 35 soon. He’s probably still got the skill and guile to do it in MLS, though that league is played at a rapid pace, but maybe better for him would be a season at a smaller side in Italy or even the A-League etc.

Lots of talk about him with Gerrard at Villa but that would be pointless in my opinion. He’s not the player he was even 18 months ago. What a force of nature in his prime though.

Linudden:
Announced for Nacional from Montevideo in his home country. Quite an exciting choice of his to no doubt reject much more lucrative offers to go back to his home :wave Good luck to him!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version