Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3301495 times)

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #27000 on: May 20, 2022, 01:03:59 pm »
I like inebriated pinks - that is all.

Edit: Actually no it's not - anyone who works from the Wrap know if I might receive my T Shirt before jetting to Paris next Friday? Ordered last week.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #27001 on: May 20, 2022, 01:45:09 pm »
Anyone else having an issue with the app saying you do not have a subscription even though you do?

Yes there was a couple of posts (one was mine), log out and log in again and or delete the app and reinstall - something to do with your phone software update I think.

Instructions from the help desk:

...reinstall the app and then reset your password (it can't contain any special characters) via the option in the bottom left of the login screen
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 01:47:25 pm by kavah »

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #27002 on: May 20, 2022, 01:55:25 pm »
Sadly in these days someone has to be outraged or offended by anything. The same people that like to complain more or less about everything and anything.
We should all realise and as royhendo states taw are the gold standard bearers as fans for our club.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27003 on: May 20, 2022, 02:10:54 pm »
Sadly in these days someone has to be outraged or offended by anything. The same people that like to complain more or less about everything and anything.
We should all realise and as royhendo states taw are the gold standard bearers as fans for our club.

Oh dear  :butt
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27004 on: May 20, 2022, 02:18:32 pm »
Just want to say thanks to Andy and Gareth (and whoever else was on the show - I didn't catch who it was, sorry!) for the Jake Daniels coverage. I thought it was brilliant, natural and honest.

I had been talking with a mate the other day about how Neville and Carra's bit on it on MNF was a bit awkward. They sort of knew what they were supposed to say, and their hearts were in the right place, but it was really quite painfully obvious that they weren't comfortable talking about the issue of homosexuality in football, despite absolutely the best of intentions. We were both saying (and this comes from the perspective of two match going gay women, so I expect we are better-versed in some of the issues than others!) that it would have been good if they'd have had one of the female pundits on who either is gay or who has played in teams with gay players, because it would have, in our opinion, added confidence to the discussion that was a bit lacking.

I have no such criticisms of the TAW chat on it. I thought it was lovely and human, and I'm not really surprised because you're all good eggs. Well in and thanks. :)
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #27005 on: May 20, 2022, 02:32:35 pm »
Just want to say thanks to Andy and Gareth (and whoever else was on the show - I didn't catch who it was, sorry!) for the Jake Daniels coverage. I thought it was brilliant, natural and honest.

I had been talking with a mate the other day about how Neville and Carra's bit on it on MNF was a bit awkward. They sort of knew what they were supposed to say, and their hearts were in the right place, but it was really quite painfully obvious that they weren't comfortable talking about the issue of homosexuality in football, despite absolutely the best of intentions. We were both saying (and this comes from the perspective of two match going gay women, so I expect we are better-versed in some of the issues than others!) that it would have been good if they'd have had one of the female pundits on who either is gay or who has played in teams with gay players, because it would have, in our opinion, added confidence to the discussion that was a bit lacking.

I have no such criticisms of the TAW chat on it. I thought it was lovely and human, and I'm not really surprised because you're all good eggs. Well in and thanks. :)
Damian Kavanagh was one of the others - who was fantastic. Great post Rhi.

Offline Byrnee

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are Magic, Everton are Tragic
« Reply #27006 on: May 20, 2022, 02:39:25 pm »
As someone who a few years back moaned about a pre-season podcast which went off the rails as they were discussing the previous night out's drunkeness, I am fully on board with what Gibbo said, it made me laugh out loud. The idea that because they are working means they should change their match day routine for a post-match podcast is absurd. They don't *have* to record anything immediately post-match, they could hold their water until the next podcast. But after a match I can't wait to listen to the video and audio pinks - they allow me to live somewhat vicariously as someone in this 40s, who lives miles away with a young son and can't easily get to matches or go out drinking like I used to!

My issue a few years back was that overlong tales from a night out were interrupting a 'normal' podcast and derailed an interesting discussion. That sort of thing I think does somewhat breach the idea of a professional service and is probably best left to the side. And to their credit, I haven't heard that kind of thing since, so I expect they felt the same. There is also an incredible amount of content. Of that a small percentage is the immediate post match reactions, and of those a handful (normally huge games) have some drunkeness. It's not really an issue surely. Just don't listen to those ones and wait for the several studio / location shows that will follow within about 24 hours.
'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.'
Bill Shankly

01 06 22 23 47 64 66 73 76 77 79 80 82 83 84 86 88 90 20

77 78 81 84 05 19

At The End Of The Storm I

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #27007 on: May 20, 2022, 03:02:36 pm »
Seriously shall we draw a line under this pink thing now, everyone has had their say and it's in danger of becoming a bit of a parody and I know both sides wouldn't want that
Aye, it's like one show out of hundreds anyway. If anything it's a testament to how right they get it virtually all the time. Genuinely not sure what I did with myself week to week before it existed. Half the Friday Show out my phone while taking an extended shower, listen to the rest over the car stereo driving to the Tesco, then headphones in for whatever else is on there at the time doing the shopping, then back on in the car to get home. Commutes to work etc. The Pink at 1:30am when half way home from a Champions League night. It was therapy when we were shite, but it's a real tour de force to have alongside a season such as this.

Can't believe I'm doing two of their live shows within 6 days either but here we go. These are the days.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27008 on: May 20, 2022, 03:02:47 pm »
I like inebriated pinks - that is all.

Edit: Actually no it's not - anyone who works from the Wrap know if I might receive my T Shirt before jetting to Paris next Friday? Ordered last week.

My t-shirt arrived today.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #27009 on: May 20, 2022, 03:04:44 pm »
My t-shirt arrived today.
Nice one - sure it will be fine, was just panicking a bit the nearer we get.

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27010 on: May 20, 2022, 04:56:52 pm »
Yes there was a couple of posts (one was mine), log out and log in again and or delete the app and reinstall - something to do with your phone software update I think.

Instructions from the help desk:

...reinstall the app and then reset your password (it can't contain any special characters) via the option in the bottom left of the login screen

Yep, reinstalling it worked. Thanks!

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27011 on: May 21, 2022, 10:08:47 am »
Thats not what Ive done though. Dont worry I know you wont be near me on Sunday, all the people who sit around me are sound.

It was a joke mate, hence the smiley face. ;)

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27012 on: May 23, 2022, 01:51:10 pm »
I've upgraded the IOS on the phone, then deleted and reinstalled the app. Still get random shows blocked as 'Premium'. I can probably play them on the laptop if I sign in, but just to let you know.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #27013 on: May 23, 2022, 08:25:49 pm »
I've upgraded the IOS on the phone, then deleted and reinstalled the app. Still get random shows blocked as 'Premium'. I can probably play them on the laptop if I sign in, but just to let you know.

We're sorting this tonight mate, legacy issues
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #27014 on: May 23, 2022, 08:28:27 pm »
We're sorting this tonight mate, legacy issues
I demand that you wear a gold onesie to the CL final…

It’s the only way.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27015 on: May 24, 2022, 09:11:41 am »
Working just fine on the laptop Andy, enjoy the week all of you!
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27016 on: May 24, 2022, 09:24:41 am »
Enjoyed yesterday’s Wrap on my way into work today. Felt quite a cathartic listen having been in a foul mood all day yesterday.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27017 on: May 24, 2022, 03:40:43 pm »
Enjoyed the chat with Tony Evans - always like his enthusiasm, and like that he's in absolutely no doubt this is our greatest ever side.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #27018 on: May 24, 2022, 04:08:06 pm »
Enjoyed yesterday’s Wrap on my way into work today. Felt quite a cathartic listen having been in a foul mood all day yesterday.
Yeah I put on the coach home this morning as I still recover from my Sunday hangover haha.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #27019 on: May 24, 2022, 08:20:36 pm »
Nice one - sure it will be fine, was just panicking a bit the nearer we get.

Unfortunately sat on the train on leg one of the journey having just received the email earlier that parcel had been dispatched. Probably return it when I get back.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27020 on: May 25, 2022, 12:57:39 pm »
Loving this, one of the best seasons ever… a European Cup final against Real Madrid in a few days. Everyone having an argument about Gibbo having a pint and Senior angling to get paid.

As drunk Gibbo would say, TAWVIRGINS AND RAWKVIRGINS.

Pack it in.

---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #27021 on: May 26, 2022, 07:27:59 am »
Just listened to Three Strikes and was interested to take a gander at Stu Brennan. Wowser.

Like a 13 year old’s idea of ‘banter’. Awful stuff.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27022 on: May 26, 2022, 09:18:46 am »
Neil’s Southern theory on the Gutter  :D punctuated by reminders of successful Liverpool players from down south.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #27023 on: May 26, 2022, 09:33:16 am »
Just listened to Three Strikes and was interested to take a gander at Stu Brennan. Wowser.

Like a 13 year old’s idea of ‘banter’. Awful stuff.

Brennan is mad in so many ways, was chatting to an old school mate (who's one of the few sound man city fans I know, doesn't engage in the scouser bashing and was going regularly as a teenager in the 90's) and he reckons Brennan is almost certainly a Man U fan.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27024 on: May 26, 2022, 11:52:02 am »
Can anyone confirm or Deny if Adam Smith is the recorded voice you hear when you call the club ?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #27025 on: May 26, 2022, 12:16:32 pm »
When Neil started going on about killing the Villa fan after he was expecting to get carried through the streets :lmao

Actually cheered me up.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27026 on: May 26, 2022, 04:33:26 pm »
Just a quick update - the premium shows are now disabled on every platform for me. I've upgraded my subscription and it made no difference. Off the app, both on the full computer browser and on the phone browser, you get shown as logged in, with a link to subscribe. So you go, log out, then there's a link to log in and listen... but that takes you back to square one.

Plenty of content out there to listen to so no sweat, just an update. Weirdly I could listen to the review end to end on the laptop browser the other day.

Edit: turns out if I buy tokens it works then via purchase.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 08:04:49 pm by royhendo »

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #27027 on: May 26, 2022, 08:27:31 pm »
Brennan is mad in so many ways, was chatting to an old school mate (who's one of the few sound man city fans I know, doesn't engage in the scouser bashing and was going regularly as a teenager in the 90's) and he reckons Brennan is almost certainly a Man U fan.
I guess if he’s living hand to mouth for clicks, he’s just doing City’s bidding regardless of who he supports.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27028 on: May 26, 2022, 10:35:19 pm »
PM me if you hear of 2 tickets going spare for tomorrow night, anyone :)

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27029 on: May 27, 2022, 01:33:23 pm »
Bloody hell, impressed that yous got that app fixed while on the road to Paris and/or in Paris.

:wellin

And is there a donation link for the site? I don't need to up the subscription but would like to say thanks... if not I'll buy someone a gift subscription. :)

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #27030 on: May 27, 2022, 03:05:16 pm »
Bloody hell, impressed that yous got that app fixed while on the road to Paris and/or in Paris.

:wellin

And is there a donation link for the site? I don't need to up the subscription but would like to say thanks... if not I'll buy someone a gift subscription. :)

Yeah I agree.

Craig if you're reading, you need to enable tips on YouTube too - easy way for people to chuck in a few bob.

:D

Offline Schmohawk

• Anny Roader
« Reply #27031 on: May 27, 2022, 06:55:50 pm »
The trip episodes are a great buildup to the final. I agree with whoever said that the bus is infinitely better than flying, even if it takes a good while.

The episodes make me want to join the bus ride for the next European final. Who do I have to pay off to make it happen?

« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 06:58:19 pm by Schmohawk »

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27032 on: May 27, 2022, 07:03:01 pm »
That was why I wanted to get on - the bus really makes you feel part of it.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27033 on: May 27, 2022, 09:37:41 pm »
The trip episodes are a great buildup to the final. I agree with whoever said that the bus is infinitely better than flying, even if it takes a good while.

The episodes make me want to join the bus ride for the next European final. Who do I have to pay off to make it happen?

Agreed. They do make you feel part of it and simultaneously dead jealous you're not there as well. I was critical of the recent pink from Wembley, and some made out that that's because it was pissed up, but it was more that it was noisy and incoherent - I only bring it up to say that on the contrary, these shows of the lads/ladies drinking on the bus is a perfect example of alcohol-fuelled content that works brilliantly. Very enjoyable.

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27034 on: May 28, 2022, 03:25:42 am »
^ Yes, The Road to Paris has been absolutely marvelous. The Scouse diaspora, and our supporters all over the world ™️ are getting a taste of the Paris experience - it’s brilliant

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #27035 on: May 28, 2022, 05:41:27 pm »
On the app I can watch videos but not on the website. I can watch audio in the website.

I have a premium video and audio subscription. But despite being logged in on the website to listen to premium audio, I get directed to login to watch all our premium content. It then shows a box where I type my password and says not authorised.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27036 on: May 29, 2022, 06:10:14 am »
Didn’t realise Robbo was leaving TAW? Great contributor, sensible head mixed with the raw passion you want as a fan, good luck in your future ventures but you will be missed. Thanks for the years of entertainment lad.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27037 on: May 29, 2022, 07:00:25 am »
Didn’t realise Robbo was leaving TAW? Great contributor, sensible head mixed with the raw passion you want as a fan, good luck in your future ventures but you will be missed. Thanks for the years of entertainment lad.

Where was this confirmed? Shame if so

As an aside Rory Smith got it spot on in midnight caller. Predicted Liverpool would play well but Madrid would win, more like Athens than Madrid. His random chats with Neil are very good
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27038 on: May 29, 2022, 07:11:46 am »
Hope everyone gets home safe. Wonder if taw can use some media contacts to convince main stream media outlets to tell the facts of last night. Phil mcnultys piece on bbc is vague and waffly with no details whatsoever. Uefa and French authorities clearly trying to set an agenda straight away and hope we can fight back and make sure facts are known
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27039 on: May 29, 2022, 07:13:44 am »
Where was this confirmed? Shame if so

As an aside Rory Smith got it spot on in midnight caller. Predicted Liverpool would play well but Madrid would win, more like Athens than Madrid. His random chats with Neil are very good

He said it on post match pint. Sad to see him go.
Liverpool ist Rad!