Author Topic: Javier Mascherano  (Read 401302 times)

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
Javier Mascherano
« on: September 3, 2007, 09:06:13 am »
Other players have their own threads and I think this guy deserves his own one.

He has been superb so far this season and even picked up a (sliding) assist on the weekend.  For me he deserves a place in the centre of our midfield.  He should be a regular starter, more so than Alonso and Sissoko.

Tenacious, strong, persistant, intelligent, brave and oh, he is not a bad footballer too.

Bum lick away!

Offline NatD

• Takes offence at authors and people who eat in restaurants.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Javier Mascherano
« Reply #1 on: September 3, 2007, 09:09:50 am »
Always said it that he would be my preferred centre-partnership player with Gerrard.

Just seeing him nip all over the pitch is awesome!

My only concern is in 18 months (???) time, what we will have to do to ensure we sign him up?  In all honesty, I am guessing one of Javier / Momo / Alonso will be gone within 2 years.  And personally, Javier is the last one I would like to see the back of!

He is scoring goals as well for Argetina at the moment, so surely only a matter of time before he breaks his duck with us!
"...waking up at 12 in my clothes again, feel my head explode from a night of Gin..."

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #2 on: September 3, 2007, 09:10:54 am »
He is so vicious, he should have one of those Hannibal masks on.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 3, 2007, 09:17:16 am »
Does his loan period come to an end at the end of this season?

The mans a monster, love the way he gets around the pitch.

Offline Sweet Silver Song

• Rotation, rotation, rotation....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Proud not to be a hypocrite...
« Reply #4 on: September 3, 2007, 09:19:30 am »
I think he's easily ahead of Alonso and Momo in the pecking order. But I'm going to say something here that might be controversial. I really think he was was signed not because Rafa needed him, but to stop any of our rivals getting him. Our centre midfiled was easily the strongest squad department before he was signed, so it did not make as much sense that it needed strengthening ahead of other positions. But Rafa is a wily character, and he could see the downfall of Masch signing for the Mancs or Chelsea. And you can't argue he would have probably been more useful and played more games for both those teams than us,
*With such simplicity the European cup is won.
**Sour-ness, will he get a shot? Now Dalglish...across the face of the goaaaalllll!
***Alan Kennedy!...He goes on...he scores!
****Liverpool need a Grobbelaar save...or a Conti miss. They've got a Conti miss!
*****And Liverpool have won it! They're back...outsiders all the way...

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #5 on: September 3, 2007, 09:19:36 am »
Really hope we are finalising a permanent moveposition for this fella. World Class and i do not use that term to often.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline myrlas

• Powered by YaMH (Yet another Mister Happy)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: @myrlas
« Reply #6 on: September 3, 2007, 09:21:45 am »
Really hope we are finalising a permanent moveposition for this fella. World Class and i do not use that term to often.
Totally agree!

In his position I can't think of any better at the moment. Makelele in his prime springs to mind
"Football is simple, you're either on time, or you're too late. If you're too late then you have to leave earlier." Johan Cruyff

Offline andrew1978

• Kopite
  • The Truth we all knew now known by all. RIP 96
« Reply #7 on: September 3, 2007, 09:28:21 am »
top drawer signing. lets hope he ends up here permantly
Where once we watched King Kenny Play.....And Could He Play

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 3, 2007, 09:30:56 am »
I think he's easily ahead of Alonso and Momo in the pecking order. But I'm going to say something here that might be controversial. I really think he was was signed not because Rafa needed him, but to stop any of our rivals getting him.Our centre midfiled was easily the strongest squad department before he was signed, so it did not make as much sense that it needed strengthening ahead of other positions. But Rafa is a wily character, and he could see the downfall of Masch signing for the Mancs or Chelsea. And you can't argue he would have probably been more useful and played more games for both those teams than us,

No chance. Rafa had followed Masch's career and only got him because of what he offers.

Offline PaislyShankley

• Stranger in a strange land; vaguely Amish.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Homophobic, apparently. Probably racist as well.
« Reply #9 on: September 3, 2007, 09:31:56 am »
Mascherano am got fantastic tackle.
M'eh

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10 on: September 3, 2007, 09:32:12 am »
why could he not get a game at West Ham?

Offline andrew1978

• Kopite
  • The Truth we all knew now known by all. RIP 96
« Reply #11 on: September 3, 2007, 09:37:01 am »
who cares its because he couldnt we got him. if he had played for hammers like he does for us now he would now be at Chelsea or Man Utd
Where once we watched King Kenny Play.....And Could He Play

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #12 on: September 3, 2007, 09:38:12 am »

Because West Ham were idiots.
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: September 3, 2007, 09:44:37 am »
No chance. Rafa had followed Masch's career and only got him because of what he offers.

If that's the case, why isn't he playing him more often?
**Sour-ness, will he get a shot? Now Dalglish...across the face of the goaaaalllll!
****Liverpool need a Grobbelaar save...or a Conti miss. They've got a Conti miss!

Offline PaislyShankley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 3, 2007, 09:46:32 am »
I don't for a minute believe Rafa's in the business of buying players to stop others getting them.
M'eh

Offline KopJemma83

• Anny Roader
  • Along The Fields Of Anfield Road...
« Reply #15 on: September 3, 2007, 09:47:16 am »
Does his loan period come to an end at the end of this season?

I heard that it was an 18 month loan which ends the end of this season but that we have agreed a fee of around 10 million if we took the option to buy him at the end of that time.

A bargain if you ask me, i love him, he is a monster!
At a football club, there’s a holy trinity, the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques - Bill Shankly

Offline BHB

• I'm the (new) Daddy, and a little bit hormonal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #16 on: September 3, 2007, 09:48:11 am »
And he's got a boss song ;)
A Son of Shankly

Offline xabi rules

• out winning title with Liverpool
  • Kopite
« Reply #17 on: September 3, 2007, 09:50:18 am »
Masch and Alonso
Masch and Gerrard
Masch and Sissoko
Alonso and Sissoko
Alonso and Gerrard
Gerrard and Sissoko

You pays your money and you takes your pick
'' I'd like to think that I have put more into the game than I have taken out. And that I haven‘t cheated anybody, that I've been working for people honestly all along the line, for the people of Liverpool who go to Anfield. I'd like to be recognised for trying to give them entertainment.''

The great Bill Shankly

Online ghost77uk

• Kopite
    • Steve Kingsman Photography
« Reply #18 on: September 3, 2007, 09:55:22 am »

I heard rumours via WHU season ticket holders that if he played more then a certain number of games (7 I think) for the Hammers then they had to stump up a large some £££ for him in a perm' transfer...
Certainly the only thing that makes sense to me...Why else would Reo-Coker & Mullins get in ahead of him?

Offline PaislyShankley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: September 3, 2007, 09:56:22 am »
I heard rumours via WHU season ticket holders that if he played more then a certain number of games (7 I think) for the Hammers then they had to stump up a large some £££ for him in a perm' transfer...
Certainly the only thing that makes sense to me...Why else would Reo-Coker & Mullins get in ahead of him?
You would think the initial deals for he and Tevez would've been the same.
M'eh

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: September 3, 2007, 09:58:32 am »
I don't for a minute believe Rafa's in the business of buying players to stop others getting them.

Rubbish. Every single signing a manager makes is to stop someone else buying them first.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #21 on: September 3, 2007, 10:02:13 am »
If that's the case, why isn't he playing him more often?

Because it's horses for courses for Rafa, like always.

Offline B9

• Official Mandy Moore Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: September 3, 2007, 10:04:27 am »
I think he's easily ahead of Alonso and Momo in the pecking order. But I'm going to say something here that might be controversial. I really think he was was signed not because Rafa needed him, but to stop any of our rivals getting him. Our centre midfiled was easily the strongest squad department before he was signed, so it did not make as much sense that it needed strengthening ahead of other positions. But Rafa is a wily character, and he could see the downfall of Masch signing for the Mancs or Chelsea. And you can't argue he would have probably been more useful and played more games for both those teams than us,

Don't think that holds up - Mascherano was on the verge of signing for Juventus before Rafa went in.

Offline PaislyShankley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: September 3, 2007, 10:04:40 am »
*Mulls over whether this fella really is a condescending prick*

Well yes, as a by product, like if I buy a loaf of bread it stops someone else buying it.
M'eh

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: September 3, 2007, 10:09:39 am »

I still don't see why people can't grasp this. All this pecking order stuff is nonsense. We have far too many people to have a set pecking order.

That's not to say the better players won't get picked more often, they will  because they are more often the right person for the game. If Crouch is needed and Torres can't make an impact (unlikely, because he offers the same and more) then Crouch will play. It's the same with Mascherano and Alonso.

Anyway, mascherano is awesome.
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: September 3, 2007, 10:09:57 am »
Masch, just like Finnan, doesnt need his own thread.

They both go about their business in a calm, consistent and understated manner. Perfect at what they do, while being stand up guys along the way.

Definitely one of Rafa's good moments and one of West Ham's '' no wonder you guys are crap'' moments.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: September 3, 2007, 10:10:11 am »

Disagree. For me Masch and Gerrard is or best centre midfeild pairing at the moment. They should have played against Chelsea, and I reckon we would have won if they had. I can't see why he's being used against teams likes Derby and Tolouse instead.

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: September 3, 2007, 10:11:46 am »
Disagree. For me Masch and Gerrard is or best centre midfeild pairing at the moment.

Well, for Rafa... etc etc so on and so forth.
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: September 3, 2007, 10:14:07 am »
Disagree. For me Masch and Gerrard is or best centre midfeild pairing at the moment. They should have played against Chelsea, and I reckon we would have won if they had. I can't see why he's being used against teams likes Derby and Tolouse instead.
Gerrard and Masch are the ''life is on the line'' partnership. The problem is that those games are very few and far between.

I was actually encouraged by Rafa's central pairing against Chelsea. It showed that he really wanted to add a creative flair to the game.

Offline PaislyShankley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: September 3, 2007, 10:14:35 am »
Based on what? The fact that we would've been stronger defensively and wouldn't've conceded that sloppy goal? Oh wait........
M'eh

Offline Life

• goes on.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: September 3, 2007, 10:15:10 am »
For me, first on the team sheet, Gerrard.
Second, Torres.
Third, Mascherano.

"Why should they be used in any other way? It wouldn'a be fair for one thing. Natural ability is far too precious tae be messed about wi'."

Offline Red Zeppelin

• Kopite
« Reply #31 on: September 3, 2007, 10:15:30 am »

Shorely if he doesnt belong to a club, he is a free agent??     After the west ham/Tevez bollox, no player can belong to an agent, so we'l probably end up payin a few mill to his agent, and probably thrwing in a little dropsie to Javier to keep him sweet......

i also reckon that the likes of Milan etc will be sniffing round come next July!! 
Quote from: kdorg on Today at 02:09:38 AM
the more Pacheco doesn't play the better he becomes. He's turning into a cross between Maradonna Pele Messi and the holy fucking grail.

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: September 3, 2007, 10:15:48 am »
For me, first on the team sheet, Gerrard.
Second, Torres.
Third, Mascherano.

Carra? Pepe?

Offline Mr Mojo Risin'

• No longer counts double
  • Legacy Fan
  • i've been down so god damn long
« Reply #33 on: September 3, 2007, 10:17:15 am »
and one of the simplist songs, but one of th best for ages.
DON'T BUY THE  SUN.

Online G Richards

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #34 on: September 3, 2007, 10:17:19 am »
I think Mascherano is being eased in becasue he was away playing for Argentina over the summer, so he is getting a bit more rest.

If we have a permanent deal nailed down and we exercise that in the summer, then for my money, one of Alonso or Sissoko will be off. I feel the best midfield pairing is Mascherano and Gerrard, as that really does have everything. The other options we have are very good too, but this one is the best partnership.

I half wonder if Alonso might go back to Spain next summer, since he really is too imperious to not be a main man, and then Sissoko and Leiva will be the understudies to Mascherano and Gerrard. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to keep them all, but I don't think it will be possible beyond this season. 

Offline Life

• goes on.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: September 3, 2007, 10:18:14 am »
Carra? Pepe?

honestly, no.

I think with him in the team, we can be more relaxed about who is behind him.
"Why should they be used in any other way? It wouldn'a be fair for one thing. Natural ability is far too precious tae be messed about wi'."

Offline Drunknmunky

• Kopite
« Reply #36 on: September 3, 2007, 10:18:44 am »
Our no1 priority next summer MUST be signing Masch on a long term contract, if he is not our player already.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: September 3, 2007, 10:20:39 am »
Based on what? The fact that we would've been stronger defensively and wouldn't've conceded that sloppy goal? Oh wait........

Based on the Masch gives us more defensively solidity than Xabi does, allowing Gerrard more freedom and license to influence the game further up the field, like he did to set Torres up. 

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: September 3, 2007, 10:21:06 am »
honestly, no.

I think with him in the team, we can be more relaxed about who is behind him.

It just depends who we are playing, in reality.
Our no1 priority next summer MUST be signing Masch on a long term contract, if he is not our player already.

Couldn't agree more. Was just thinking about that yesterday.

Offline Acaustiq

• Statistically the biggest dick waver and has quotes to prove it. Bitter revisionist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Finally, Danone Actimel cured him.
« Reply #39 on: September 3, 2007, 10:24:50 am »
Because West Ham were idiots.

hayden makelele mullins*

Are there any hard facts about Mascherano regarding ownership/actual price agreed or any of that jive ?
When your Mum used to pick you up from school and you'd run out and be like 'Mummy I got 9/10 in the spelling test today', would she go 'phenomenal, son'.

Cos if she did she's a stupid fuck.