Author Topic: Guess who I just met in the Asda?  (Read 1681212 times)

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Guess who I just met in the Asda?
« on: October 12, 2006, 09:26:05 pm »
Just been doing my weekly shop in the Asda on Smithdown Road with my girlfriend and my mate and we're just coming to the end of the store when my mate spots somebody and calls me over...

"Is that Momo?!" he shrieked like a girl and there he was all 8ft 9ins of the brute himself! He was shopping with his girl and a mate who looked like a Borrower compared to him, she was pretty and was pushing the trolley while Momo was mooching about trying to look conspicious with this beanie hat on.

My mate was going on that I should go say hello and get a picture with him but I thought if I was doing my shopping I wouldn't want some goon lumbering over and begging for a pic but I thought I've got to say hello. I don't know who was more nervous me or him - he looked dead embarassed and was looking around like he hoped nobody noticed, I said excuse me and asked him if he was going to be fit for Saturday he said he doesn't know but smiled so I wished him luck and shook his hand. He seemed dead sound but a bit shy. I then walked off unable to function and forgot to buy the pizza I was going to get for my tea!

Started texting my mates while we looked for a queue, so we find a till by the beer aisle and we're loading our stuff on and then Momo's girlfriend comes over and joins the queue behind us, him and his mate arrive and I'm trying to act cool while I load up my shopping (or my girlfriend and mate did while I stood there wondering what food he'd got in his trolley). Finally got to paying and just about managed to get the money out my wallet and pay the woman without making too much of a fool of myself and then Momo and his girl smiled at us as we got off. Walked past his car on the way out, a really flash BMW. It's a good job I wasn't driving cos I'd have crashed on the way out trying to see him!

[If you didn't notice I'm really excited  ;D]
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 07:33:45 pm by The 5th Benitle »

Offline mikek1984

• Peel 'ed. Property of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAT RAT RAT RAT RAT RAT
Re: Guess who I just met in the Asda?!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 09:27:34 pm »
saw him a few hours ago getting his hair cut on smithdown

hes in there every week or so
I LIKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Round the fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 09:43:20 pm »
what haircut does he get?
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly

Offline FTW

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 09:44:43 pm »
 ;D

Bet that made going to Asda a slightly less torturous experience than it usually is.

Offline Armchair and I dont care

• Main Stander
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 09:47:57 pm »
So what interesting foodstuffs did he buy? ...and OF COURSE his girlfriends pretty.  When you earn as much as he does (football players do) there's gotta be something wrong if you're girl's not pretty  ;)  (mind starts to wonder about Rooney? Coleen's got her claws well and truly into him, poor lad.  I reackon she plays the guilt trip over that granny incident  ;D)
Shankly - "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains!"

Offline uneverwalkalone

• LFC TV now available on SKY 448, Virgin Media 544 or e-season ticket. Happy to buy from touts.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 09:49:37 pm »
i see him every weekend and some weekdays.

Offline mikek1984

• Peel 'ed. Property of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAT RAT RAT RAT RAT RAT
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 10:02:25 pm »
what haircut does he get?

he gets his afro picked
I LIKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 10:03:56 pm »
i see him every weekend and some weekdays.

Were you his Hobbit friend?  ;)

Offline MattLFC08

• Forgetful nose poker-inner - Who Must Try Harder!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 Never Forgotten.
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 10:08:57 pm »
nice one!
"As I come here to Liverpool and to Anfield I have drummed it into our players time and again, they are PRIVILEGED to play for you and if you did not believe me! Do You Believe Me Now?"

Bill Shankly (2 September 1913 – 29 September 1981)

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 10:27:22 pm »
Asda?

Thought he'd at least shop in Tesco...
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2006, 10:31:58 pm »

Recorded for posterity... ;D

87:13

Offline BrianL

• Anny Roader
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2006, 10:40:51 pm »
I say 'THE Asda' too...people i work with from different parts of the country just call it Asda and wonder why i don't call Tesco's 'The Tesco' but i can't explain.

Sorry for veering off topic like, but i've been wanting to bring it up for a while...:-)

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2006, 10:44:11 pm »
Recorded for posterity... ;D

Asda is Boss  ;D

I say 'THE Asda' too...people i work with from different parts of the country just call it Asda and wonder why i don't call Tesco's 'The Tesco' but i can't explain.

Sorry for veering off topic like, but i've been wanting to bring it up for a while...:-)

Those who know, know  ;)

Offline paulcompton

• Doesn't trust Rafa
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2006, 10:47:51 pm »

mmmm think if u shopping in Asda it just Asda but if it is a specific Asda like "the Asda on Smithdown Road" then the "the" comes in.
cant believe im posting this.....

I know how you felt Neil, I have been in the same room as players a few times and turn into a 12 yr old with no idea what to say.

Offline indian magic

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2006, 11:19:26 pm »
I then walked off unable to function and forgot to buy the pizza I was going to get for my tea!

Not good bumping in to players eh? he made you forget ur pizza and no tea :)
ISTANBUL- ATATURK- WEST STAND-UPPER- 25th to 26th MAY 2005.:
Greatest TWO days of my life (at the time);

Then Athens 2007 was good;
Superseded by Kyiv 2018 (off the scale);
and then the Glorious Magical Week in Madrid 2019;
and now Paris 2022 ( a tad Vanilla ); more Champs Leagues Finals we await.

FORZA DIEGO MARADONA.
Allez Les Rouges.

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2006, 11:27:26 pm »
saw him a few hours ago getting his hair cut on smithdown

hes in there every week or so

If anyone couldn't see that this was a joke (regarding momo's bald pate) then a trip to the opticians may be in order
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2006, 12:03:00 am »
I once said to Hightown Phil on a Euro trip

''Phil, if you nosh that third burger, you will be getting more obtuse''.

And I said to Mike once,

''Mike, stop drinking beer.  You are a patron of the beer drinking classes''

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2006, 12:07:38 am »
Not good bumping in to players eh? he made you forget ur pizza and no tea :)

You'd have thought my girlfriend would have remembered for me but she was too busy telling my mate that Momo is her favourite (she decided this when I took her to the Charity Shield and he destroyed Ballack and Lampard). She then approached a random lad in our new away kit who was queuing up to let him in on the secret... next minute he'd left his queue and he was peering over the aisles trying to catch a glimpse too

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2006, 12:14:47 am »
(mind starts to wonder about Rooney? Coleen's got her claws well and truly into him, poor lad.  I reackon she plays the guilt trip over that granny incident  ;D)

Well she isn't going to give up her free dinner ticket is she? And he is probably just finding it novel to be shagging someone who can chew their own free dinner!
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline jaygraham

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2006, 12:17:26 am »
You'd have thought my girlfriend would have remembered for me but she was too busy telling my mate that Momo is her favourite (she decided this when I took her to the Charity Shield and he destroyed Ballack and Lampard). She then approached a random lad in our new away kit who was queuing up to let him in on the secret... next minute he'd left his queue and he was peering over the aisles trying to catch a glimpse too

I was walking up Bold Street a week or so ago and have got Momo on the back of my shirt and some girl tapped me on the shoulder and started talking about how good he is and how she never sees many people with his name on thier shirts. Maybe this was your missus???!!!
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline Neil D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2006, 12:22:39 am »
I was walking up Bold Street a week or so ago and have got Momo on the back of my shirt and some girl tapped me on the shoulder and started talking about how good he is and how she never sees many people with his name on thier shirts. Maybe this was your missus???!!!

I wouldn't be surprised! If it was her I'm glad she's spreading the word  ;D

Offline jaygraham

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2006, 12:27:04 am »
And she is a great kisser too Neil!  ;D haha only messin. You should have started singing the Momo song at the top of your voice in Asda.

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2006, 12:31:05 am »
imagine seeing some fellah dancin on the check out singing mo mo mo mo sissoko  ;D

Offline Onward Liverpudlian

• Kopite
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2006, 12:39:07 am »

Relatives and friends of mine always call it 'The Asda' too and i gave up pointing out the errors of their ways many years ago. For me it's always been 'Asda'.

Offline Curva Nord '77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2006, 12:42:49 am »
Just been doing my weekly shop in the Asda on Smithdown Road with my girlfriend and my mate and we're just coming to the end of the store when my mate spots somebody and calls me over...

Saw Jennifer Ellison in the Widnes Asda once

I'd just seen her on the front of GQ or something, turn a corner and bingo..

She was squeezing melons..

(Maybe that was MY imagination..dunno.. ;D )

It's funny when you see supposed celebs in real life, not just in a bar or restaurant, but doing the normal shit.

All things considered, Momo's a great player etc, but I'd rather be trapped in a lift with Ms.Ellison......  :missus

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2006, 12:50:56 am »
Imagine that and suddenly the lift breaks down  :o

Offline markdavo4

• Main Stander
  • He made the people happy!
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2006, 12:51:33 am »
oh my god - I don't know what i'd do if I met momo.....I met a half arsed celebrity in oz a few years ago in HMV and ended up buying a cd I've never listened too..

as a side note - I got FIFA 07 last night....and momo absolutely dominates the pitch like he does in real games.....I struggle in defence at the moment but momo seems to make every tackle.....and whenever there is a loose ball at either end of the pitch it seems to fall to momo......10/10 for realism to FIFA 07
I know I was born and I know that I'll die, The in between is mine! - Eddie Vedder

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2006, 02:01:47 am »
Me dad saw Heskey @ Sainsbury's a few years back when he was still at Leicester City. Still talks about it now but leaves out the 'bumbling 12yr old who can't think of anything to say to him' bit.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2006, 02:30:15 am »
Me dad saw Heskey @ Sainsbury's a few years back when he was still at Leicester City. Still talks about it now but leaves out the 'bumbling 12yr old who can't think of anything to say to him' bit.

Yeah, Heskey always did look the nervous, mumbling type.

Offline sull14

• Legacy Fan
  • Random Avatar Title.
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2006, 04:18:43 am »
That's boss that. Imagine fucking shopping for a pizza and meeting a Liverpool player! deadly mate!
JFT96

Offline famasfilms

• Main Stander
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2006, 05:12:08 am »
I went over and spoke to Dion Dublin in an M&S once.

I said "excuse me are you Dion Dublin?" and he said "yes mate, how are you?"

Offline Pumper

• Boys Pen
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2006, 05:30:30 am »
Saw David James in Costco once. He was chatting to a couple of kids at the checkout, probabaly about the latest video games.
 ;D
Can't remember whether he bought anything, just remember thinking "you cheap bastard shopping at Costco with all your millions".

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2006, 06:57:46 am »
I saw Howard Kendall in the gutter with some rats drinking meths. Down by the Albert dock it was.
I asked him if he was still bitter about Everton not playing in the european cup in the 80s.
He told me to fuck myself and could I lend him a qwid.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2006, 07:43:05 am »
Was his trolley piled high with big steaks and other various bleeding animal meat?

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2006, 08:04:39 am »

haaaaaaahaha

I have had this convo many a time

The Asda not Asda

Tesco's not Tesco or The Tesco!

Offline Curva Nord '77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2006, 08:10:37 am »
I saw Howard Kendall in the gutter with some rats drinking meths. Down by the Albert dock it was.
I asked him if he was still bitter about Everton not playing in the european cup in the 80s.

:lmao :wellin

Mistaken identity that. No way would rats go near him.

Offline calleythered

• no identity anymore...just Archies dad
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • not quite a purple bin, more maroon like....
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2006, 08:16:12 am »

;D ;D funniest thing ive read in ages! genius.
we aplogise for our temporary dip in success however we are pleased to announce that normal service has been resumed.

Offline pascoli

• Shit Googler & Easily Amused Bar Steward...
  • Legacy Fan
  • PER ARDUA AD ASTRA
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2006, 08:55:58 am »
I went over and spoke to Dion Dublin in an M&S once.

I said "excuse me are you Dion Dublin?" and he said "yes mate, how are you?"

Thats proper mad that one!!

Blows all the other stories out the water
INTERNET TERRORIST. AND PROUD TOO.

Offline Jo S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Usually late but rarely misses kick off!
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2006, 08:56:53 am »
Loads of footie players shop in Costco, seen Ged Houllier, Stevie G and Carrra in there...
If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every day
'Til eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you

If I could make days last forever
If words could make wishes come true
I'd save every day
Like a treasure and then,
Again, I would spend them with you

Offline a glass of wine Sir?

• Kopite
  • NESV..."thank you" x
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2006, 09:05:17 am »
I met Ricky Hatton in Tenerife last year, he was prepared to just sit there, sign t-shirts and have his phot taken with most people in the bar, didn't realise I'd been sitting next to him for a few minutes!!
Take us back to the champions league....

http://twitter.com/#!/TimGale031181