Author Topic: Jose Enrique  (Read 62924 times)

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jose Enrique
« Reply #40 on: May 9, 2016, 03:47:40 pm »
Came in to post that same goal, it's what I'll remember Enrique best for I expect. Good luck to him though. His gf has been learning Spanish so maybe he wants to go home.

This too:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Q80UYCTrutI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Q80UYCTrutI</a>

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #41 on: May 9, 2016, 03:50:32 pm »
he was quite a good left back specially when Suarez was here.  All the best Jose! 
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: May 9, 2016, 03:56:03 pm »
Goodbye, sweet prince.

And thank you for your weird and inexplicable telepathy with Suarez on the pitch. Always boggled my mind.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #43 on: May 9, 2016, 04:03:31 pm »
the swansea goal was a superb one

no question about that

it is up there with the best
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #44 on: May 9, 2016, 04:11:05 pm »
Thank christ, can finally get him off the payroll.

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #45 on: May 9, 2016, 04:12:21 pm »
All the best, Jose! :wave

Offline jediwarrior

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46 on: May 9, 2016, 04:34:13 pm »
Good Luck to him. Thought he was a good player. Don't blame him for sitting around taking the money it was the club decision to pay him that much for a long contract. Most likely could only go to a lower club with lower money so if he ain't going to be winning any medals at those club then take the money and play the PS4.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #47 on: May 9, 2016, 04:35:09 pm »
All the best fella.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: May 9, 2016, 04:55:54 pm »
Let himself down a bit with his idiocy on social media.

But generally, I wish him well. He got off to a good start here but lost his way and unfortunately never got it back.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #49 on: May 9, 2016, 05:22:58 pm »
Could still have been a decent back up LB if it wasn't for that knee injury he picked up, was never the same player.
Strong as a ox, rarely done for pace and half decent going forward.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #50 on: May 9, 2016, 05:38:20 pm »
He did have a knack for that trademark 40 yard pass to Suarez from our corner flag. In the grand scheme of things he is probably somewhere in the middle of ineptitude when it comes to LFC left backs down the years. Not quite as bad as JAR but fair ways below Aurelio.

WUT?!?!

Of all the LBs you could have picked.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline evie

• "Might have to think about it for a bit, k? No! That's not what I meant! Damn....." Prefers to hold it in.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #51 on: May 9, 2016, 05:39:09 pm »
He did have a knack for that trademark 40 yard pass to Suarez from our corner flag. In the grand scheme of things he is probably somewhere in the middle of ineptitude when it comes to LFC left backs down the years. Not quite as bad as JAR but fair ways below Aurelio.

:lmao

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 9, 2016, 05:53:53 pm »
One of the most brainless footballers I've ever seen, strong as a bull though, I'll miss his holiday snaps, good luck to him, but he stole a  living for so long, let's not forget he turned down a move to Spain, then moves to Newcastle and West Brom, so if he really wanted to play he could have left as teams wanted him.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #53 on: May 9, 2016, 06:28:36 pm »

Offline MerseyMania

• Defiled for fantasticism.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #54 on: May 9, 2016, 06:33:05 pm »
Came in to post that same goal, it's what I'll remember Enrique best for I expect. Good luck to him though. His gf has been learning Spanish so maybe he wants to go home.

+2 regarding the goal. His overlap runs were pretty useful as he was quite pacey and a skillful dribbler. Never understood some of the stick he got when we lost matches but all the best to him.

Offline Klopp-A-Delphia

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Numquam Solum Ambulabis
« Reply #55 on: May 9, 2016, 07:34:16 pm »

We've had so much trouble with our Left Backs since Riise left. The problem is that LB has grown exponentially in importance in the last ten years. You used to be able to put a brainless footballer like Enrique without any better position there. Now you need a Pique or Roberto Carlos. We've had more players in that position come and go in the last few years than Spinal Tap had drummers.

Really Aurelio isn't too much better. For a while Enrique was one of the more consistent we've had. Had a glorious season in 13-14. He also seemed like he had a great personality. Was probably a blast in the dressing room. Good luck to him, honestly.
Please follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/connorpatrick   or @ConnorPatrick

The magic is in the melody.

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 9, 2016, 07:42:06 pm »
Regular starter until injured and a good servant to the club when he played.

He gets some shit but I'd rather remember that, goodluck Enrique.
This.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #57 on: May 9, 2016, 07:43:55 pm »
Meh

A bit of a non entity really.

Good luck Abs.

Offline Zapata316

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #58 on: May 9, 2016, 07:54:08 pm »
Glad he's off the payroll, but found him quite likeable. 65,000 a week for doing SFA?  Fair play fella.  Good luck to ya, and whenever you meet Liverpool fans, you can at least buy them a pint out of your earnings.

Offline WaterfordRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #59 on: May 9, 2016, 08:00:13 pm »
Good luck José.
SOS 8040

Offline Easy

• Sunday Mornin Tiger
  • Kopite
« Reply #60 on: May 9, 2016, 08:11:17 pm »
People are being pretty charitable here. The last year we've tried to off load him but he wouldn't leave. Realistically he wasn't going to play but he chose to warm the couch at home / play in the ressies rather than move on and play footy elsewhere. I find that strange - that a player would prefer not to play when it's obvious they're not going to get a game.

I always liked him but the last year completely took the gloss off it for me.

Offline eddiedingle

• Kopite
« Reply #61 on: May 9, 2016, 08:21:03 pm »
Worth signing if only for when he rocked up wearing a wig for a few games

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #62 on: May 9, 2016, 08:22:37 pm »
Enrique was part of our best defence in 2011/12 since Rafa left the club. Was unlucky with injuries and in all fairness Brendan Rodgers wasn't great at organising a back 4.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #63 on: May 9, 2016, 08:42:22 pm »
What used to annoy me was the reluctance to use his right foot

And the amount of times he ruined moves by taking too many touches
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline JayH93

• Legacy Fan
  • ANLACKY
« Reply #64 on: May 9, 2016, 09:37:26 pm »
Done very well to get the last 2 years worth of wages off us.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #65 on: May 9, 2016, 09:44:17 pm »
Stole a living.

Another nice charitable poster one of Rawk's finest!

We gave him a contract he got badly injured playing for the club and ironically you,
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Big Joe

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
« Reply #66 on: May 9, 2016, 09:44:17 pm »
To be honest mate I dont blame him for digging his heels in and not wanting to leave, club offered him a contract and a wage that he was happy with so why break it just because the club didnt want him anymore. No idea what clubs, if any wanted him but he never said anything bad about the club and gave his all when called upon so no hard feelings I guess. Thanks Jose and adios  :wave
I'm with you on that. I think of him the same way as Glen Johnson...

Played well when he first arrived; gave 100% & played pretty much non-stop until he got knackered, suffered concentration lapses, then got injured, lost form, then the club tried to push him out of his (high salary) contract early.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #67 on: May 9, 2016, 09:49:24 pm »
Regular starter until injured and a good servant to the club when he played.

He gets some shit but I'd rather remember that, goodluck Enrique.
Good luck Jose! Had a good two seasons I felt. Then it all went downhill because of injuries. Nothing bad to say about the lad.
Had quite good at the start, things could've been very different if not for his injury.

All the best.
Ahh, he did some good things with the club. Good luck to him I say.

well at least some people are decent in here.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #68 on: May 9, 2016, 09:53:00 pm »
I remember being sat in the lower Annie road for his first game - even with my eyesight I could see the size of his arms, thought he had a real good game and looked like a brick shithouse of a player.

Hope he does well, great bloke it seems.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: May 9, 2016, 09:55:06 pm »
I reckon most clubs will only be interested in a pay as you play contract but he can still do a job for a lower PL team if he's willing to accept such terms.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: May 9, 2016, 09:55:43 pm »
Goodbye, sweet prince.

And thank you for your weird and inexplicable telepathy with Suarez on the pitch. Always boggled my mind.

I don't think it was telepathy it was more that he just realised that passing to Suarez was probably always the best option

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #71 on: May 9, 2016, 09:56:59 pm »
Newcastle might be a good shout.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: May 9, 2016, 10:14:29 pm »
think the fact we've let him go before our last home game of the season, so he can't even say goodbye at anfield, tells you a lot. we've tried to find moves for him, so he can pursue a career in football, and he's not been arsed. obviously that's his prerogative, but personally can't relate to him not wanting to play. he's even turned down loans and early releases of his contract, which wouldn't be leaving him out of pocked. he won't be missed.

Offline TobyLFC

• or not Toby LFC, that is the question
  • Kopite
  • Golf is amazing!
« Reply #73 on: May 9, 2016, 10:41:53 pm »
Best of luck in the future Jose!
it comes down to reality, and it's fine with me cause I've let it slide...

Offline Garry_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: May 9, 2016, 10:42:07 pm »
Good luck to him, was decent for us in his first couple of seasons. Had his own song as well so he must've been doing something right.

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: May 9, 2016, 10:43:22 pm »
This too:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Q80UYCTrutI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Q80UYCTrutI</a>

I was about to say he finished the best team goal I can remember for a very long time.

Reading between the lines, if you read the HR statements, this seems like a classic case of dismissal for someone who didn't really want to leave but didn't want to be arsed either.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: May 9, 2016, 10:44:40 pm »
Never the same after his knee injury but always one of the better players at full-back we've had in the last few years when he was at full fitness.  Good luck to him.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #77 on: May 9, 2016, 10:46:21 pm »
Good luck to him, was decent for us in his first couple of seasons. Had his own song as well so he must've been doing something right.
Yes he had a rhymey name. And white teeth. Rhymey name and white teeth and big arms.

Rhymey teeth, big white arms, that lamp and the paddle game, thats all he needs.

Rhymey arms, white lamp, teeth, that paddle arm game, an ashtray, the remote control and thats all he needs..........
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #78 on: May 9, 2016, 10:48:35 pm »
Strange really, you would have thought his energy, speed, and strength, would have fit in a Klopp side.
At least he wasn't away from the team mouthing off about the club.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: May 9, 2016, 11:41:34 pm »
If anyone thinks the lad didn't want to play then you're a bit thick.  Wont matter who he goes to next he will not play regularly, might even struggle with the medical.  Cant see many clubs taking him unless offered small wages compared to what he's on and if any one of us knew that was the case would you fuck be giving up your contract on decent wages for a career you've spent all you life working towards.  Lad was decent when fit.  Could be a bit braindead at times but for the most part he played really well.