Author Topic: Jose Enrique  (Read 62891 times)

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
Jose Enrique
« on: May 9, 2016, 12:40:33 pm »
Has left the building. Good luck fella if as we all know is true but released early.

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jose Enrique
« Reply #1 on: May 9, 2016, 12:42:26 pm »
Stole a living.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2 on: May 9, 2016, 12:45:11 pm »
Our very own Winston Bogarde
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: May 9, 2016, 12:45:54 pm »
Maybe I'm forgetting, but why did he suddenly stop getting picked?

Anyway, best of luck to him. He always tried his hardest when he played.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: May 9, 2016, 12:49:59 pm »
I never understood why he lost his mojo and will to play. There was a decent player in there somewhere, but seems that Enrique was more interested in building the perfectly toned body, than in being a top professional footballer.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: May 9, 2016, 12:51:27 pm »
don't understand the hate he is getting.

He tried his best. and was actually decent before getting injured.

Sometimes may have loss of concentration but physically robust and hardly any wingers got the better of him.

Could have imagined him and Clyne as our full backs if he didn't suffer the injury to be honest.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: May 9, 2016, 12:51:45 pm »
Loved his attitude.

PS - Couldn't we have sold him to China?
« Last Edit: May 9, 2016, 12:53:33 pm by BarryCrocker »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #7 on: May 9, 2016, 12:52:28 pm »
Knee injury initially. Then he got told by Rodgers to find another club but he wasn't keen on that idea.

Hope he finds another club quickly so he can get back to playing football.

"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: May 9, 2016, 12:55:24 pm »
Who?

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 9, 2016, 12:57:08 pm »

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: May 9, 2016, 01:02:14 pm »
Isn't that a little strange - being 'released' a couple of days before the last home game of the season. Could have said his last goodbye after the last home game. No real loss for the club, no?
Anyway, all the best to him. He ends with 99 appearances it seems.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #11 on: May 9, 2016, 01:21:05 pm »
Club captain remember. Show the proper respect :P

RIP Playstation controller. You have served your role well

In all fairness he has never complained about his place. It's not his fault nor FSG's for the stupid wages he was on that no other club could match.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: May 9, 2016, 01:24:11 pm »
best of luck jose
bollocks

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #13 on: May 9, 2016, 01:30:55 pm »
Regular starter until injured and a good servant to the club when he played.

He gets some shit but I'd rather remember that, goodluck Enrique.
:D

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #14 on: May 9, 2016, 01:33:34 pm »
All the best to him. I hope he can re-ignite his career at his next club.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline koppper

• Berrg
  • Kopite
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
« Reply #15 on: May 9, 2016, 01:40:09 pm »
Social media will be all the poorer without him.....and Liverpool richer without his wages.
My postillion has been struck by lightning

I am the berrgman

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #16 on: May 9, 2016, 01:48:16 pm »
Ahh, he did some good things with the club. Good luck to him I say.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: May 9, 2016, 01:50:50 pm »
He did have a knack for that trademark 40 yard pass to Suarez from our corner flag. In the grand scheme of things he is probably somewhere in the middle of ineptitude when it comes to LFC left backs down the years. Not quite as bad as JAR but fair ways below Aurelio.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: May 9, 2016, 01:55:11 pm »
Was happy to sit around earning his wage playing on FIFA rather than going and finding a place where he can play football. Our fault for signing the long contract of course, but shows the lack of ambition the guy has
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: May 9, 2016, 01:57:14 pm »
Good luck to him at his next club

Nothing bad to say about him really, always seemed to give his all when he was given the opportunity to play.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: May 9, 2016, 01:57:23 pm »
He did have a knack for that trademark 40 yard pass to Suarez from our corner flag. In the grand scheme of things he is probably somewhere in the middle of ineptitude when it comes to LFC left backs down the years. Not quite as bad as JAR but fair ways below Aurelio.

JAR played over 200 games and scored 21 goals. He also averaged 40+ appearances per season.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: May 9, 2016, 01:57:37 pm »
I'd like to take Jose's job. Earning 65k a week doing fuck all bar playing on the PS4.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: May 9, 2016, 01:58:49 pm »
Knowsley Safari Park has lost it's biggest client.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: May 9, 2016, 02:00:29 pm »
Was happy to sit around earning his wage playing on FIFA rather than going and finding a place where he can play football. Our fault for signing the long contract of course, but shows the lack of ambition the guy has
To be honest mate I dont blame him for digging his heels in and not wanting to leave, club offered him a contract and a wage that he was happy with so why break it just because the club didnt want him anymore. No idea what clubs, if any wanted him but he never said anything bad about the club and gave his all when called upon so no hard feelings I guess. Thanks Jose and adios  :wave
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: May 9, 2016, 02:05:14 pm »
Had quite good at the start, things could've been very different if not for his injury.

All the best.

Offline steampie

• Kopite
  • Truth yes, now Justice.
« Reply #25 on: May 9, 2016, 02:18:13 pm »
To be honest mate I dont blame him for digging his heels in and not wanting to leave, club offered him a contract and a wage that he was happy with so why break it just because the club didnt want him anymore. No idea what clubs, if any wanted him but he never said anything bad about the club and gave his all when called upon so no hard feelings I guess. Thanks Jose and adios  :wave

Absolutely.  Everyone who says that 'he lacked ambition' just might have a different definition of the word.  Perhaps his 'strong wish to achieve something' correlated to him earning as big a wedge as possible (for as long as possible) and thus solidifying his and his family's financial security.

He certainly never slagged off the club or the manager(s) when not playing, and there hasn't even really been a bad word said about him.  As others have pointed out, it's not his fault that he's being paid far too much, and if he knew he'd never get any other contract like this one, well then why not try and have your employers honour it?

Good luck José.
I think [naming your daughter] Fuckoffyoubitterblueshitebastards Becker has a nice ring to it.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: May 9, 2016, 02:34:27 pm »
:o

You could have picked Djimi Traore or Aly Cissokho, instead you go with the most successful left back Liverpool have had in 15 years at least!

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: May 9, 2016, 02:36:51 pm »
All the best, was quality when he first joined then it went down hill after the injury.
choose Life.

Offline Hash91

• Anny Roader
« Reply #28 on: May 9, 2016, 02:37:01 pm »
Good luck Jose! Had a good two seasons I felt. Then it all went downhill because of injuries. Nothing bad to say about the lad.

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: May 9, 2016, 02:43:26 pm »
Got a bit of unwarranted hate (like even a good player Sturridge has suffered) due to being injured while on high wages...and due to enjoying himself on social media. Positive person but people had to be hatin!
Good physical attributes and decent technique but lacked a bit of brain on the pitch. Sad way to end had some promise to be good consistent player. Good luck.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #30 on: May 9, 2016, 02:48:12 pm »
Knowsley Safari Park has lost it's biggest client.

A truly priceless photo.

Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: May 9, 2016, 02:50:47 pm »

:o

Very strange.

Riise was a great player for his in his prime. By far our best left back this millennium and will be regarded much more fondly than both Aurelio and Enrique.

As for Enrique, he had a good couple of seasons with us, particularly his first season when Dalglish was in charge. Rodgers never really fancied him and he suffered for that, but always did a job when called upon, even at left wing. Injuries then curtailed any chance he had at working his way back into the team.

In conclusion, I blame a mixture of Brendan and injuries for his overall lack of success here. We all know that our previous manager liked to isolate players when he didn't like them, so I wouldn't put it all on Enrique's door.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2016, 02:54:26 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: May 9, 2016, 03:00:30 pm »
Has had the greatest job on the planet, apart from Katy Perry's masseuse, for the past 2 years. Training 9-3, Monday to Friday and off most weekends, getting paid a King's ransom in the process.

This makes him borderline heroic in my eyes.

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #33 on: May 9, 2016, 03:08:47 pm »
Fishing?

Riise is the most successful left back we've had in at least a couple of decades. His form wasn't very good towards the end of his spell here, but that doesn't take away everything he did for us before.

Offline unusg

• heron
  • Kopite
  • first is first. second is nowhere !!
« Reply #34 on: May 9, 2016, 03:15:29 pm »
Jose Enrique He came, he played, he swam with fishes.

In all fairness to him he had a decent first 18 months then disappeared due to injury and being isolated by Rodgers. Our fault for signing him on high wages and if no one was prepared to pay the equivalent amount to him why move on. Train during the week, relaxing weekend and lots of injury free holidays. Which of us wouldnt want a life like that?

I might be upset not being able to play regularly but having a spunkload of cash thrown at you for doing nothing through no fault of your own (perhaps?) would go some way towards easing that disappointment for me.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #35 on: May 9, 2016, 03:16:54 pm »
 :wave

Bye.

Wonder what he'll do next? Don't think he actually wants to play again.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #36 on: May 9, 2016, 03:19:53 pm »
:wave

Bye.

Wonder what he'll do next? Don't think he actually wants to play again.
seemed that way when he rejected moves in august

he is no loss at this stage

first season under rodgers and for a while under kenny he was good. the injury at the start of 13-14 ruined him
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: May 9, 2016, 03:27:47 pm »
Had a knack for some great assists now and then, he worked hard when he played too it just seems like injuries really killed his career with us. Never complained about playing for the U21's as far as I can tell either.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/iX8eZn9uFU4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/iX8eZn9uFU4</a>

Good luck to him wherever he goes, hopefully he gets some games again.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2016, 03:30:11 pm by Schmidt »

Offline dogeibbor

• Anny Roader
  • He wants to come
« Reply #38 on: May 9, 2016, 03:41:40 pm »
I've forgotten that goal. Crazy.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #39 on: May 9, 2016, 03:44:49 pm »
Had a knack for some great assists now and then, he worked hard when he played too it just seems like injuries really killed his career with us. Never complained about playing for the U21's as far as I can tell either.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/iX8eZn9uFU4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/iX8eZn9uFU4</a>

Good luck to him wherever he goes, hopefully he gets some games again.

Came in to post that same goal, it's what I'll remember Enrique best for I expect. Good luck to him though. His gf has been learning Spanish so maybe he wants to go home.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."