Author Topic: Scam Fuckers  (Read 1415 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Scam Fuckers
« on: March 8, 2024, 09:43:32 am »
There is a new one saying you've won shit

You haven't.

DO NOT click the links.

DO NOT read the email.

Adjust your email server to NEVER give read responses (This lets these inbred gurning wankers know it's a live address)

I'm not much for the death penalty, but I'd happily see these fuckers shot out of a cannon. Evil inbred c*nts.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Scam Fuckers
« Reply #1 on: March 8, 2024, 09:57:01 am »
There is a new one saying you've won shit

You haven't.

DO NOT click the links.

DO NOT read the email.

Adjust your email server to NEVER give read responses (This lets these inbred gurning wankers know it's a live address)

I'm not much for the death penalty, but I'd happily see these fuckers shot out of a cannon. Evil inbred c*nts.

Shouldn't you post this into our next post match thread?
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2 on: March 8, 2024, 10:01:24 am »
Shouldn't you post this into our next post match thread?

Don't fucking joke about this mate.

These bastards have ruined peoples lives.

These bastards have killed people.

My mum was in her second set of Chemo and one of these fucking evil fucking c*nts got hold of her telephone and email and convinced her and my dad to part with £4,000

I happened to be visiting that day and removed the viruses and trojan from her system and got her money refunded

She died 4 days later from the stress

If I met one of these fucking c*nts then I can't see it ending well.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 8, 2024, 10:12:46 am »
Fucking c*nts need hanging
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Saltashscouse

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and bred to support the Reds
« Reply #4 on: March 8, 2024, 10:13:49 am »
Utter c*nts the lot of them
Jan Molby once bought me a pint 🍺

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 8, 2024, 10:19:49 am »
Don't fucking joke about this mate.

These bastards have ruined peoples lives.

These bastards have killed people.

My mum was in her second set of Chemo and one of these fucking evil fucking c*nts got hold of her telephone and email and convinced her and my dad to part with £4,000

I happened to be visiting that day and removed the viruses and trojan from her system and got her money refunded

She died 4 days later from the stress

If I met one of these fucking c*nts then I can't see it ending well.

Sorry to hear that, and I do agree that they should be brought to account.

My misunderstanding was based on nearly all of your post match comments have virtually the same tone about any match official that apparently did us wrong. I can understand the former but not the later.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: March 8, 2024, 11:02:48 am »
My mother in law was nearly caught out by these years ago. They convinced her she had a virus on her pc and she was sat there ready to give her card details over to them but said to them could they call back later. I answered when they did call back and played along trying best to waste their time, eventually I lost the plot, called them every name under the sun and the cheeky c*nt started giving it back to me.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #7 on: March 8, 2024, 11:06:37 am »
My mother in law was nearly caught out by these years ago. They convinced her she had a virus on her pc and she was sat there ready to give her card details over to them but said to them could they call back later. I answered when they did call back and played along trying best to waste their time, eventually I lost the plot, called them every name under the sun and the cheeky c*nt started giving it back to me.

Horrible bastards mate.

If they catch these arseholes, they should publish their home addresses and put their faces up on the interweb.

I'm sure there would be a few people that would love a nice little cosy chat with them.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: March 8, 2024, 11:13:57 am »
Lowest of the low.

I dealt with people scammed out of over 100 grand by these bastards, they somehow got onto the fact they were buying an expensive house and convinced them to transfer the deposit (10%) to them, rather than to the actual lawyers.

Luckily for them the bank ended up refunding them the money, I'm not sure how but I do know of others who have fallen for similar scams who weren't so lucky.

Bottom feeding bastards, as Andy says I'm anti-death penalty but I can't say I'd be upset if you could prove beyond all doubt that someone was invovled in this and they ended up being chucked into the Atlantic ocean.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #9 on: March 8, 2024, 12:38:50 pm »
I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum there, Andy. No wonder you feel so strongly on this.

I'm always trying to protect my own elderly Mum from such parasites. Even my brother falls for some of these things online. I've had rows with him over it. It's like banging my head on a wall sometimes.  :butt
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #10 on: March 8, 2024, 11:33:07 pm »
Yeah my Mam got scammed about 5 years ago when she had just turned 80. They had about £6k off her account. She didn't even tell my bro and me, we found out by accident when sorting through some documents for shredding (she has Alzheimer's now).

She dealt with it all herself through her bank and managed to get all of the money refunded.

These c*nts need stringing up, horrible scumbags preying on vulnerable people
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #11 on: March 8, 2024, 11:37:11 pm »
As she's now suffering from dementia she keeps signing up to Warranty contracts. When my brother and me exercised our power of attorney she had about 6 of these coming out of her account every month.

We kept cancelling but they kept restarting, even had one c*nt ring up and saying she was in breach of contract. Funnily enough he didn't take it any further when we invited him to sue.

Her bank has now blocked all of them but they still try and take money, which is immediately refunded.

I would like 5 minutes alone with one of the fuckers
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #12 on: March 8, 2024, 11:58:13 pm »
Lowest of the low.

I dealt with people scammed out of over 100 grand by these bastards, they somehow got onto the fact they were buying an expensive house and convinced them to transfer the deposit (10%) to them, rather than to the actual lawyers.

This is usually a bit of a different one though, I think usually the scammers have hacked the solicitors' email server (or are able to spoof it to a reasonable degree) and are able to send a legit-looking message on the day the purchasers are expecting to send the money with "updated" account details. We're going through the process now and have had a letter via the post with the account to transfer the cash to with a note that says "This will 100% not change and if you send the deposit anywhere else that's on you".

Related to the topic, I came across the phrase 'pig-butchering' the other day with relation to scams. It seems like a lot of these things start via random messages or on dating apps so if you're not aware, be warned - someone starts messaging you and before long decides that because you're so cool, they want to give you a little secret, it's a way they've been making a lot of money recently. You get linked to downloads and apps for crypto trading, and from there essentially you're just shovelling cash out. Big criminal organisations run this stuff with essentially slave workers doing the initial messaging, and they'll just manually manipulate your "crypto account" to convince you you're onto a winner and should start dumping bigger amounts into the app.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vu-Y1h9rTUs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vu-Y1h9rTUs</a>

I knew this stuff went on, I was unaware of the scale and organisation of how it's done though. Thinking back I've certainly had a few random Whatsapp messages arrive, often they start as recruitment headhunters but there have certainly been a couple of "Oh, wrong number, my mistake. I'm just a silly hot woman alone in a hotel room, thanks for being so nice" in there.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: March 9, 2024, 04:22:08 pm »
Very sorry to hear about your mam Andy.
Thanks for the suggestion to change read responses, I've just done it.
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: March 9, 2024, 04:48:25 pm »
That Scam Interceptor show highlights this kind of stuff. Saw a couple of examples. A elderly gentleman iirc who had no one in his life now family wise and was being targeted. It's disgusting.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2024, 12:43:20 pm »
These kiddy fiddling scumbags are at it again - another scam is 'CHECK YOUR TAX STATUS'

DO NOT CLICK THE FUCKING LINK

IF YOU EVER. EVER. RECEIVE SHIT LIKE THIS THEN IF YOU ARE GOING TO CHECK, USE YOUR BROWSER TO MANUALLY GO TO THE SITE.

Don't let these inbred fuckwits get your cash. Fuck them and the fucking horse they rode in on. Fucking c*nts.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2024, 03:20:39 pm »
I listened to a great podcast the other week about this. Its brutal and involves human tracking and slavery.

An initial lower level of worker sends out texts and emails trying to get people to reply. Once someone starts a conversation, the chat is handed off to another upper level staffer until the conversation moves to money, then someone else takes over the scam to try to actually get money off the person.

Its horrendous, the workers are all immigrants from ther countries and work in office building that are locked from the inside so they can't get out and sleep ad eat in the same building.

Its a horrendous way for the the scum bag criminals villaims to cause so much misery at home and abroad.

Podcast was 'Search Engine'. Episode 'whos behind these scammy text messages we've all been getting'.

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2024, 05:37:14 pm »
It's amazing how many financial institutions still send out emails with links to click. The healthcare sector also likes to send texts with links.

I don't touch any of them

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2024, 12:00:45 am »
Had a few more recently

These fuckers want to fuck you, your mum, your sister, your brother, your mum, your dad, your grandparents and your friends.

I am a first aider, but if I saw one of these inbred fuckers dying on the floor I'd laugh.

Utter c*nts.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2024, 07:52:50 am »
Had a few more recently

These fuckers want to fuck you, your mum, your sister, your brother, your mum, your dad, your grandparents and your friends.

I am a first aider, but if I saw one of these inbred fuckers dying on the floor I'd laugh.

Utter c*nts.

China is either not pulling any punches or bringing them home to do some work for the government.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ksFqRHYDIYQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ksFqRHYDIYQ</a>

Offline Saltashscouse

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and bred to support the Reds
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2024, 09:28:36 am »
Several years ago I had a mate in work who fell for one of the dating site scams .

He was chatting to what he thought was a woman from Nigeria ( a white woman complete with photographs ) At first the chat was all about how she had recently divorced and had a great settlement and was financially sound ,however her money was tied up in a high investment account and she couldn't get access to it.

She wanted to come to the UK to visit my mate but her daughter had just been involved in a car accident and was in hospital . The money she was using for the flight had been used on medical costs for the daughter.

If my mate sent the money for the flight she would reimburse him with cash once in the UK.

The goon sent £3000 to her and arranged to meet her at Heathrow , He drove to Heathrow waited for the flight  and guess what ? She wasn't on it .

She texted him to say the daughter had had complications  and she would fly out at a later date , however her mother now needed a life saving operation that would cost many thousands and could my mate lend her the money till she came to the UK and once again she would reimburse him.

To cut a long story short he lost a total of £26000 to this scammer

It took him about two years to pluck up the courage to tell us what actually happened

I have to admit he was very gullible at the time , he also ran up a massive bill on those chat lines that were active years ago
Jan Molby once bought me a pint 🍺

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2024, 12:00:56 pm »
Very different sort of "scams", but both involve victims losing vast sums - these two articles this morning make me wonder why so many people plough money into these un- or barely- regulated get-rich-quick schemes? Even if they are started with honest intent there's no protections around the money and a lot of temptation for those in charge of the funds to embezzle the cash, they aren't a bank.

Three years on, Football Index users are still trying to get their money back
Some customers had five- or six-figure sums trapped when it collapsed in 2021 and say the site was not regulated properly
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2024/mar/25/three-years-on-football-index-users-are-still-trying-to-get-their-money-back

Sam Bankman-Fried to be sentenced for multibillion-dollar fraud this week
Former FTX CEO faces up to 100 years in prison should the judge hand out the harshest penalty
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2024/mar/25/sam-bankman-fried-sentenced-multi-billion-dollar-fraud

"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
  • They should let everybody be a giant for a day
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2024, 05:26:49 pm »
From what I recall of FI, it was a betting site that didn't make clear it was a betting site, and until they were essentially forced to by regulators the impression was strongly given that it was more investment/skill based ie. you weren't betting on a footballer's "stock" rising on their market and winning money on that basis, but buying shares in that 'stock' which you could later hopefully sell on for a profit as though you were buying a share in, say Man Utd LTD or whathaveyou. What it functionally was was a crypto scheme with players instead of coins.

I have a fairly good knowledge of gambling regulation and a job that requires me to go through things like terms and conditions documents with a fine-toothed comb, and I still couldn't get my head around what they were trying to do, how you would end up with a significant balance held in their system, or how anyone with the usual casual interest in betting was meant to work it out, as it was often presented as if it were a fun Fantasy Premier League type game that paid out actual money. What also surprises me is how they managed to make it work in terms of using actual players when so many agents now have tight image-rights contracts and could argue that it comes across as endorsement and/or profits from their name, but that's not an area I know too much about.

There was a case I read about a while back where someone in a very senior position in an investment bank got taken in by a crypto scheme, so perhaps all of us are vulnerable if we are desperate or greedy.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2024, 06:17:36 pm »
These kiddy fiddling scumbags are at it again - another scam is 'CHECK YOUR TAX STATUS'

IF YOU EVER. EVER. RECEIVE SHIT LIKE THIS THEN IF YOU ARE GOING TO CHECK, USE YOUR BROWSER TO MANUALLY GO TO THE SITE.

Don't let these inbred fuckwits get your cash. Fuck them and the fucking horse they rode in on. Fucking c*nts.

Also, if you open any of these links, or a pdf or other file, on your PC/phone, then it may be best to do a factory reset of them. Some infect your device with spyware/malware not just a link to take a payment or bank details.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2024, 10:38:57 pm »
Sam Bankman-Fried to be sentenced for multibillion-dollar fraud this week
Former FTX CEO faces up to 100 years in prison should the judge hand out the harshest penalty
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2024/mar/25/sam-bankman-fried-sentenced-multi-billion-dollar-fraud

He got 25 years (max) in club Fed. Out before he's 60.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2024, 03:09:19 pm »
He got 25 years (max) in club Fed. Out before he's 60.
Pretty disgusting sentence given the amount of money he took. Will probably be out in much less for good behaviour.

I heard a mitigating factor was that most investors will not lose money as some of the holdings have significantly increased in value after the accounts were frozen

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2024, 03:19:26 pm »
I seem to be getting a lot of scam emails lately including one this morning informing me I have just won a £20 free bet with BetFred and to click the link to claim it.  I never click links in unsolicited emails, ever so fuck them, deleted it straight away.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2024, 03:20:49 pm »
Keep saying this to people.

Don't answer your phone to numbers you don't recognise or witheld numbers. Don't read or click links from e-mails where you don't know the sender.

Fraudsters rely on familiarity, don't give them the opportunity.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 9, 2024, 05:58:57 pm »
Mr Slippers had a 'Hi Dad,I've lost my phone' text today.

Followed by a diatribe about needing to pay bills and having problems with the bank.

He said he knew it wasn't our daughter because all the spelling was correct.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2024, 10:00:10 am »
Mr Slippers had a 'Hi Dad,I've lost my phone' text today.

Followed by a diatribe about needing to pay bills and having problems with the bank.

He said he knew it wasn't our daughter because all the spelling was correct.

:D

Mrs got one of those last week

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2024, 01:04:56 pm »
Keep saying this to people.

Don't answer your phone to numbers you don't recognise or witheld numbers. Don't read or click links from e-mails where you don't know the sender.

Fraudsters rely on familiarity, don't give them the opportunity.

The big problem these days is that scammers are relying on 'coincidence' with mass email dumps to get their win with more clued-up people. This means sending out a million emails for example stating they are from HSBC and "the recent transaction you sent to Eon didn't go through - click here to update your details."

There will be a large percentage of that million with HSBC, there will be a much smaller percentage with Eon also, but that's what they are counting on, the person thinking it's so bespoke fraud doesn't even enter the mind initially. Some emails are even more bespoke and rely on many more email dumps but it costs them fuck all to send emails.

The email will of course be sent from 'HSBC' and only looking through the source it will appear dodgy as, wrongly, a lot of email clients don't show the full email address only the 'name' which can be edited.

That example is one of thousands they can do and it is to get around the more and more savvy victim. 

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2024, 09:36:38 am »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68838977

Police bust global cyber gang accused of industrial-scale fraud

Great work by the Police!

Police have taken down a gang accused of using a technology service that helped criminals use fraudulent text messages to steal from victims.

They have arrested 37 people worldwide and are contacting victims.

Officers say younger people who grew up with the internet were the most likely to fall for the "phishing" scam.

The technology allowed scammers without technical skills to bombard victims with messages designed to trick them into making payments online.

Police targeted the gang's site, LabHost, which helped criminals send the messages and direct victims to fake websites appearing to be legitimate online payment or shopping services.

It had enabled the criminals to steal identity information, including 480,000 card numbers and 64,000 Pin codes, known in criminal slang as "fullz data", the police said.

Detectives do not know how much money was stolen but estimate the LabHost site made nearly £1m ($1.25m) in profits.

Metropolitan Police Deputy Commissioner Dame Lynne Owens said: "You are more likely to be a victim of fraud than any other crime.

"Our approach is to be more precise and targeted, with a clear focus on those enabling online fraud to be carried out on an international scale."

National Economic Crime Centre director Adrian Searle said: "Technology is enabling crime to be delivered at scale in an almost industrial fashion."

And LabHost had given criminals without technical skills the opportunity to "buy them off the shelf online and use them against victims in the UK and elsewhere".

The arrests were the result of a two-year operation involving the Metropolitan Police, National Crime Agency, City of London Police and law-enforcement bodies in 17 countries.

In the UK, 24 suspects were taken into custody, with arrests at Luton and Manchester airports.

Worldwide, 70 properties were searched and one British man charged.

Text messages

In the UK, 70,000 victims are believed to have been tricked into giving their details online.

About 25,000, who have been identified, will be sent text messages warning them which fake online payment services and shopping sites could have taken their money.

They will be advised to go to a Metropolitan Police website for advice.

Their cases have been reported to fraud investigators.

And officers say their personal details found in a dump of data, obtained from LabHost, have been "secured".

Personalised videos

Investigators also seized the email addresses of 800 criminals paying up to £300 a month to use the LabHost service.

And they will be sent personalised videos making clear police know who they are and what they have been doing.

The strategy, which follows advice from behavioural psychologists, is designed to undermine criminal confidence in the security of scam services.

The gang's activities were discovered in 2022 by the Cyber Defence Alliance, a small team of investigators funded by UK financial bodies to infiltrate criminal networks on the dark web.

An alliance official said: "Unless we build a network to defeat a criminal network, we are going to be overwhelmed."

This investigation is an example of a new approach involving police, the National Crime Agency and banking security experts to target criminals offering services to other criminals.